Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Pokemon Main Boards » Pokemon: Anime/Movies/Manga

Pokemon: Anime/Movies/Manga Talk about the Pokemon anime, movies and manga. NOTE: It's possible that there may be discussions in here that may spoil something for you if you haven't seen that episode/movie/manga before. Please use the spoiler code when appropriate.

Old 06-04-2004, 04:04 PM
Jeikobu Offline

Send a message via AIM to Jeikobu Send a message via MSN to Jeikobu
Thumbs up Jirachi Wish Maker (Spoilers)

Wow I can't believe I don't see anyone reviews on here yet! Anyway, I just saw it last night, off Netflix. And let me tell you, I must get that DVD ASAP. That was an incredible movie. It is now my 3rd favorite ever, behind only Pokemon the First Movie and LOTR: Return of the King. I am very impressed that 4Kids actually took a step up by leaving in the Polka Dolka music in the Gotta Dance! short, and Chiisaki Mono in the credits. And there was no movie version of that dead annoying "I Wanna Be a Hero" song! w00t! Thank God, may 4Kids start making more sense from here on. As for the movie, I very much enjoyed it, even though it was on a TV screen and not on a movie screen. Jirachi was adorable, and Absol, Flygon, Bomander and the others were awesome. I also loved the parts with Haruka (naturally ). I also like how even though she and Masato fight alot they still really care about each other. As for Masato, though there are times where he can be dead annoying and I just want to smack him, the movie really shows a great side of him and shows that he's really a good kid with a good heart. And I love the concepts of friendship in the movie (I also thought it was interesting how Satoshi makes reference to Kasumi when he was talking about sometimes having to leave friends but a part of them stays with you). You can't go wrong with love. I could probably rant on about it for a while if I wanted. I expected to see a great movie, but this exceeded my expectations. It was a very entertaining, very moving picture. ***** out of *****!

One question by the way, I know the title music in the movie (that popular Pokemon melody remixed to more of a movie type feeling) where you see the title "Jirachi Wish Maker" is Japanese (you can hear it when you visit the Japanese site for the 7th movie), but what about the rest of the music in the movie (the score)? Is that Japanese or dub?
"For since the creation of the world His invisible attributes, His eternal power and divine nature, have been clearly seen, being understood through what has been made, so that they are without excuse." - Romans 1:20

Learn the Japanese names for Pokemon!

Please visit my Photobucket! http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v162/Jeikobu_Roy/

Last edited by Jeikobu; 06-04-2004 at 04:08 PM.
Old 06-04-2004, 09:28 PM
AshMistyMayfan Offline

Default Re: Jirachi Wish Maker (Spoilers)

I got a cool story being worked out that involves splicing in another movie as I'm going to tell a theory of Groudon's appearance creates a hidden deep fault that erupts into massive Earthquakes like the 10.5 movie, I liked the special effects more then the plot. That was great to Ash flying on the Flygon, why couldn't he capture that for his team, as in get the Trapinch, is beyond me. I think May makes a great debut in the movie along with Max, Haruka and Masato are hard to remember, but thanks for saying Max's Japan name though. I've been dying to know what name he had. I can't wait for the climate scenes I got as if they can't put Groudon back, the west coast could go under, going to be a great story project for me. I love writing some fan fiction from the Pokemon movies.

Update: Got the first half penned out. Oh man, leave it to Max (Masato) to wish for a lot of candy and then May saying to 'get rid of the problem.'! Got to watch that around a Jirachi for it probably read Max's thoughts that May 'can be a problem sister!' I do wish Max got to keep Jirachi, that was probably his best friend ever. It's sad they do that to a kid.

Last edited by AshMistyMayfan; 06-06-2004 at 05:53 AM.