Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Other Boards » Discussion

Discussion This is for discussion about current events (news), issues, politics, and any other topics of serious discussion. For more casual talk, go to the Other Chat board. Proper sentences, spelling, and grammar is especially strict in this board.

Old 05-29-2004, 03:18 PM
Bakura2004 Offline
Banned

Default Do you feel safe?

I live in the U.S and i really don't feel safe right now. With all the threats against my country and all, it's very un-nerving. You people out there, do you feel safe in your country and other people who live in the U.S.how do you feel right now?
Old 05-29-2004, 03:27 PM
Perkele Offline
Banned

Default Re: Do you feel safe?

No, i don't feel safe because America is really f'ed up right now, and i don't know what will they come up with next. And also the terrorists are a little bit scary.
Old 05-29-2004, 03:39 PM
DragonTamer Offline
Experienced Trainer

Send a message via AIM to DragonTamer Send a message via Yahoo to DragonTamer

America is so messed up right now it's not even funny. I think our own government is more of a threat than the terrorists are right now. But no, I don't feel safe at the moment. A side note: I heard from someone the other day (don't know if it's true or not because I don't bother to watch the news and stuff) but there's supposedly terrorists disguised as families with children who are in the US planning to go on a shooting/bombing spree in malls and stuff. And supposedly they have like a ton of machine guns and bomb equipment so yeah. There was a mall rumor before and it was stupid so I don't know if I believe this one either but I'm not worried. I hate shopping, and well, I don’t see the point of attacking a mall.
Old 05-29-2004, 03:41 PM
Bakura2004 Offline
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragonTamer
America is so messed up right now it's not even funny. I think our own government is more of a threat than the terrorists are right now. But no, I don't feel safe at the moment. A side note: I heard from someone the other day (don't know if it's true or not because I don't bother to watch the news and stuff) but there's supposedly terrorists disguised as families with children who are in the US planning to go on a shooting/bombing spree in malls and stuff. And supposedly they have like a ton of machine guns and bomb equipment so yeah. There was a mall rumor before and it was stupid so I don't know if I believe this one either but I'm not worried. I hate shopping, and well, I don’t see the point of attacking a mall.
Sadly that's all true.
Old 05-29-2004, 04:40 PM
Bashaamo Offline
Experienced Trainer

Send a message via AIM to Bashaamo

Well I do think that America has the ability to protect us, but I don't know if they are doing all that they can. For one thing the terror alert level (yellow now I think). Say the alert does eventually go down to green (lowest) then I would feel unsafe becasue wouldn't that mean the law enforcement/military was on low alert. I also think the media should not reveal as much as they do about holes in our security and problems with safety, for one that causes fear with the citizens (terrorism?) and it basically is a connect the dots puzzle for terrorists. Why do they announce we are low on vaccine, don't have enought police officers, etc?

-Bash
Old 05-29-2004, 07:16 PM
VenusaurTrainer Offline
Banned

Send a message via AIM to VenusaurTrainer Send a message via MSN to VenusaurTrainer Send a message via Yahoo to VenusaurTrainer

The terrorists that are supposeling trying to bomb us might never happen. They have been threating the U.S. for like 10 years and have never done it. I feel pretty safe.
Old 05-29-2004, 07:53 PM
Chaos Mage Offline
Amateur Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by VenusaurTrainer
The terrorists that are supposeling trying to bomb us might never happen. They have been threating the U.S. for like 10 years and have never done it. I feel pretty safe.
Well, they did do a few incidents involving hijacking airliners and bombing WTC twice. But eh, we haven't lost the war yet, have we?