Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Intro Boards » PE2K Front Desk

PE2K Front Desk Forum announcements will be posted here. Any questions, suggestions or ideas concerning the forum or the website should also be posted in here. If you need help on your avatar or signature, or help on using the forum, this is the place to go.

Old 04-11-2006, 08:57 PM
Dragonfree Offline
Experienced Trainer

Default Re: Quick Reply

Quote:
Originally Posted by PokemonElite2000
That's how I want the Quick Reply feature to work. In many instances, people reply without quoting, and it makes it difficult to understand what in particular they're replying to. So I made it easier for people to quote a post they're replying to.

However, of course, by doing this, for posts you don't want to quote, you have to unclick the quote message option.

I weighed the pros and cons on this situation, and I believe the pros outweigh the cons. Of course, it might be annoying to have to unclick quote, but the benefits are that people will quote appropiately much more often and be able to quote much more easier due to this.

Sorry for the inconvenience, but it's also a convenience when you use the Quick Reply to quote a post. You're use to one way to do Quick Reply on other forums, you just have to get use to this way of doing it on this forum.
To be honest, I really don't think that's a particularly good way to make people quote more. I generally read the whole thread before replying, copying what I'm going to quote (if anything) and, once I've finished reading everything, click the quick reply icon on the last post of the thread so I won't have to scroll back up to the post I'm quoting and press the quick reply icon there. To anybody who likes to know exactly what is going on in a thread and reads the whole thing, they're rarely going to press the quick reply icon on the post they're actually planning to quote, and even then, for longer posts (which are usually the ones with quote-worthy material), people quote individual parts of them rather than the whole post at once, and like to see exactly what they're replying to so they like to just click the "Quote" button which is beside the quick reply icon in the post anyway. (That is for example what I did for this post, without even thinking about it.)

Old 04-12-2006, 12:28 AM
Surly Professor Offline
Monsterous
Elite Trainer (Level 2)

Default Re: Quick Reply

How about we don't have to click the button, and the quick reply box at the bottum of the page is already open like on other forums.
Because you see: it's just hangin' around down there on every page for no reason right now.
And, the "quick reply" really isn't any quicker than just hitting the "quote" or "reply" buttons.

The good can decay many ways.
The good candy came anyways.