Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Other Boards » Other Chat

Other Chat For non-Pokemon discussion on everything else. For casual talk only, any more serious topics such as current events, should be in the Discussion. You can talk about anything else that is not covered in the other "Other Boards" that are above.

View Poll Results: Which one?
Yu Yu Hakusho 5 26.32%
DBZ 14 73.68%
Voters: 19. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-25-2004, 04:43 AM
§avage]) Offline
Elite Trainer

Send a message via AIM to §avage]) Send a message via MSN to §avage]) Send a message via Yahoo to §avage])
Default Re: Dragon Ball Z VS Yu-Yu-Hakusho

I never watched Yu YU... but DBZ was a break through anime
Old 04-25-2004, 01:15 PM
Ironshell Blastoise Offline

Send a message via AIM to Ironshell Blastoise Send a message via MSN to Ironshell Blastoise

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenshin1312
They are not the best, alright? Maybe "the best animes that aired in US" but not the best... I can name at least 30 animes that are significantly better than those two...

Ahem, anyway.... I vote for Yuu Yuu Hakusho since DBZ is just plain retarded. They just stand there for five episodes, yelling their @$$es off, or (lol) "powering up?" >_>
Yes, while those episodes are annoying, when the ass kicking commences, it far outweighs the elementry battle scenes of You-go-hack-your-hoe >.>
Old 04-25-2004, 07:15 PM
§avage]) Offline
Elite Trainer

Send a message via AIM to §avage]) Send a message via MSN to §avage]) Send a message via Yahoo to §avage])

Kenshin, you loved DBZ before, so stop critisizing
Old 04-25-2004, 11:45 PM
King Kangaskhan Offline
Master Trainer

Dbz
Old 04-26-2004, 02:01 AM
Zero Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 1)

Send a message via Yahoo to Zero

I do admit, DBZ is good, if you want to see a repetitive sotry and senseless ass-kicking. Yu-Yu-Hakusho has a better story and makes more sense. (DBZ's save the world deal over and over gets old after awhile, YYH's Kick some demon's ass before it gets to the global domination, and then some demon does make it to the world domination stage and they get their ass kicked is a much better story, not repetitive, different things, and I haven't even got to the Dark Tounament yet.
Old 04-26-2004, 02:58 AM
§hadow Offline
Elite Trainer

Yu-Yu-Hakusho is better
Old 04-30-2004, 06:43 AM
KenshinU Offline

Quote:
Originally Posted by kholdstaire
Yes, while those episodes are annoying, when the ass kicking commences, it far outweighs the elementry battle scenes of You-go-hack-your-hoe >.>
Well, to me they are both the same... Yuu Yuu Hakusho has a better art style though, that's all. =, DBZ style just... simply annoys me. Those eyes... hair... bleh...

Quote:
Originally Posted by §avage])
Kenshin, you loved DBZ before, so stop critisizing

That doesn't make any sense... Just because I used to like something before, doesn't mean I can't critisize it now. Am I wrong?

Old 05-03-2004, 05:23 AM
Steven Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 1)

Send a message via AIM to Steven

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zero
Yu-Yu-Hakusho, most definately. The people in DBZ are too god-like powerfull. No one could be that strong (or SHOULD be for that matter.) And Urameshi and them have to put up with smarter people than on DBZ. The DBZ enemies are so stupid, it's insane!
I completely agree. I mean DBZ is all action and no thought. Yu Yu Hakusho is better because they aren't the strongest people in the world and they have to solve riddles and have limited power. It's more realistic...

Quote:
That doesn't make any sense... Just because I used to like something before, doesn't mean I can't critisize it now. Am I wrong?
Nope

Last edited by Steven; 05-03-2004 at 05:27 AM.
Old 05-10-2004, 02:21 AM
Crossfire Chaos Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 1)

Send a message via ICQ to Crossfire Chaos Send a message via AIM to Crossfire Chaos Send a message via MSN to Crossfire Chaos Send a message via Yahoo to Crossfire Chaos

Does DBZ count DB and DBGT?

Anyway what the heck does Yu Yu Hakasho stand for!?!?

I love the voicing parts for the DBZ charictors, they fit very well.

I also love the personalities the charictors in DBZ have. Crazy? hah! you havn't met me yet!!!

Yu Yu Hakasho has only one good thing going for it.. the demons!

Kuabara the black haired dude right? His Bad-Ass attitude makes him the coolest carictor in the whole freeking show!

In the Dark Turnament that crazy football player tries to kill Yuuskay ,yet the crazy football player's teamate kills him!?! That is by far the most idiotic thing that i have ever seen!

What about the demon and his cartonatist(SP?) brother arn't they the most over powered dudes you've ever seen!?

DBZ had started out good ,but now it SUCKS in it's fighting area's! Either the cartoonists are lazy or the writers are ,but WTF is up with the O they put were they have the teleporting fighters fight!?!

Yeah, That's right, I'm calling you out WAR Teams. Your going down!
Old 05-10-2004, 03:23 AM
Zero Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos

I also love the personalities the charictors in DBZ have. Crazy? hah! you havn't met me yet!!!
You sir, are an idiot.

Quote:
Yu Yu Hakusho has a far more developed plot than DBZ

Quote:
Kuabara the black haired dude right? His Bad-Ass attitude makes him the coolest carictor in the whole freeking show!
You're talking about Hiei I believe, but i'd say Youko Kurama is better, even though he's only been shown a few times.

Quote:
In the Dark Turnament that crazy football player tries to kill Yusuke ,yet the crazy football player's teamate kills him!?! That is by far the most idiotic thing that i have ever seen!
I have no (flippin') idea who the h*ll you're talking about.

Quote:
What about the demon and his cartonatist(SP?) brother arn't they the most over powered dudes you've ever seen!?
They can be defeated, anyone can be defeated. With the Toguro brothers, it'll just take a little longer than usual.

Quote:
DBZ had started out good ,but now it SUCKS in it's fighting area's! Either the cartoonists are lazy or the writers are ,but WTF is up with the O they put were they have the teleporting fighters fight!?!
I fully agree with you on this last part. DBZ Sucks @$$ unless you're an idiot who like senseless fighting.
NOW, ENTER THE HEAT OF BATTLE! GO FOR IT!
SFIII:3rd Strike

Last edited by Zero; 05-10-2004 at 03:26 AM.
Old 05-10-2004, 07:56 AM
KenshinU Offline

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos
DB... Yes... But DBGT... lol It's not even the original story by Akira Toriyama... So I wouldn't count it.

Quote:
It has quite a few meanings... Ghost Detectives, Ghost Files, Poltergeist Report... doesn't matter really. But please tell me that's not the reason why you dislike it.

Quote:
Well congratulations. You are the first person to actually like the crappy DBZ Fanimation dub.

Quote:
What?

Quote:
Um... That would practically be every main character.

Quote:
Kuabara (Hiei) the black haired dude right? His Bad-Ass attitude makes him the coolest carictor in the whole freeking show!
Um... Thanks for sharing? And I like Botan because she is a cute "carictor."

Quote:
In the Dark Turnament that crazy football player tries to kill Yuuskay ,yet the crazy football player's teamate kills him!?! That is by far the most idiotic thing that i have ever seen!
Crazy football player? Oh, and I recall quite a few villains from DBZ who killed their team mates as well. Androids for example...

Quote:
*falls over laughing* So you're saying that's a bad thing? It makes the story more exciting. Besides, Buu from DBZ was also like "the most over powered dude you've ever seen."

Quote:
God, I feel like I just wasted my time arguing... -_- What side are you on? DBZ ot YYH?

Old 05-18-2004, 12:18 AM
Matthew Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 5)

Send a message via AIM to Matthew Send a message via Yahoo to Matthew

DBZ! I would have never heard of YYH until I watched it like two times on Cartoon Network.
Old 05-18-2004, 12:22 AM
Zero Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 1)

Uh, matthew, if you don't know what one of the choices is, and there are only 2 choices... DON'T BOTHER VOTING!!

It makes it unfair for everyone else who votes, and that goes for the rest of you too!
NOW, ENTER THE HEAT OF BATTLE! GO FOR IT!
SFIII:3rd Strike