Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  
 

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Other Boards » Discussion

Discussion This is for discussion about current events (news), issues, politics, and any other topics of serious discussion. For more casual talk, go to the Other Chat board. Proper sentences, spelling, and grammar is especially strict in this board.


Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #1  
Old 03-27-2006, 11:09 PM
Alonso's Avatar
Alonso Offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: FL
Posts: 913
Send a message via AIM to Alonso
Default Venezuela or Iraq

Do you think Bush should have declared war on Iraq or Venezuela?

Tell me your thoughts...
__________________
PFC: 1891 7646 2647
DFC: 1591 6232 0640
HGFC: 0775 7397 7490
Go to the Anime section



Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 03-27-2006, 11:51 PM
DragoniteMistress's Avatar
DragoniteMistress Offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Michigan
Posts: 2,086
Send a message via AIM to DragoniteMistress Send a message via Yahoo to DragoniteMistress
Default Re: Venezuela or Iraq

Neither. Bush sucks.

Did I spam saying that? Just curious
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 03-29-2006, 07:04 AM
Matthew's Avatar
Matthew Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 5)
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Simi Valley
Posts: 5,754
Send a message via AIM to Matthew Send a message via Yahoo to Matthew
Default Re: Venezuela or Iraq

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoniteMistress
Neither. Bush sucks.

Did I spam saying that? Just curious
Yes you did, actually. If you are going to say immature comments like that, than at least support it to make yourself look intelligent (No offense to you... I'm sure you are intelligent enough to debate).

Here is a question for you, why do you think that Bush "sucks"?

And for future reference, I wouldn't use that word in intelligent discussions... it doesn't help you any and just results in frustrating arguments.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 03-29-2006, 09:58 PM
Alonso's Avatar
Alonso Offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: FL
Posts: 913
Send a message via AIM to Alonso
Default Re: Venezuela or Iraq

Are we going to continue or is this going to be the last post that is problably gonna be put onto this thread.
__________________
PFC: 1891 7646 2647
DFC: 1591 6232 0640
HGFC: 0775 7397 7490
Go to the Anime section



Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 03-30-2006, 10:46 PM
Crystal Walrein's Avatar
Crystal Walrein Offline
New Trainer
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 10
Default Re: Venezuela or Iraq

I say he made the right choice by going for Iraq. Chavez is nothing compared to Saddam in terms of persecuting the minority or gobbling up funds for himself.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 03-30-2006, 10:49 PM
Nasty Plasty's Avatar
Nasty Plasty Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 5)
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: In your wife's pants
Posts: 5,463
Send a message via AIM to Nasty Plasty Send a message via MSN to Nasty Plasty
Default Re: Venezuela or Iraq

Yeah, Iraq was the better choice. They were the ones who crashed the twin towers. All we gotta do is catch Osama Bin Laden and execute all of al Queda by gun shot to the head and then we can call ourselves "The most bloodthirsty country in the whole-wide world!!!!"
__________________
Kasier[Rioru] finished at 6254
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 03-30-2006, 10:54 PM
Pika57's Avatar
Pika57 Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 3)
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: In my happy place.
Posts: 3,731
Send a message via ICQ to Pika57 Send a message via AIM to Pika57 Send a message via MSN to Pika57 Send a message via Yahoo to Pika57
Default Re: Venezuela or Iraq

Who says we should have gone to either.

Nothing wrong with Venezuela, and Iraq was fine before.
__________________

Things I've learned in WAR RPs- War is Hell.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 03-31-2006, 12:34 PM
Crystal Walrein's Avatar
Crystal Walrein Offline
New Trainer
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 10
Default Re: Venezuela or Iraq

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chao Breeder
Yeah, Iraq was the better choice. They were the ones who crashed the twin towers. All we gotta do is catch Osama Bin Laden and execute all of al Queda by gun shot to the head and then we can call ourselves "The most bloodthirsty country in the whole-wide world!!!!"
Actually, none of the hijackers were from Iraq — most if not all of them were recruited from Saudi Arabia or Yemen.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 03-31-2006, 04:41 PM
PokemonElite2000's Avatar
PokemonElite2000 Offline
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: California, USA
Posts: 4,147
Send a message via ICQ to PokemonElite2000 Send a message via AIM to PokemonElite2000 Send a message via MSN to PokemonElite2000 Send a message via Yahoo to PokemonElite2000
Default Re: Venezuela or Iraq

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crystal Walrein
Actually, none of the hijackers were from Iraq — most if not all of them were recruited from Saudi Arabia or Yemen.
Yea, none from Iraq. 15 out of the 19 hijackers were from Saudi Arabia. 2 from United Arab Emirates, 1 from Lebanon, and 1 from Egypt. Source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Septemb...tack/Hijackers
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 03-31-2006, 04:44 PM
Alonso's Avatar
Alonso Offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: FL
Posts: 913
Send a message via AIM to Alonso
Default Re: Venezuela or Iraq

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chao Breeder
Yeah, Iraq was the better choice. They were the ones who crashed the twin towers. All we gotta do is catch Osama Bin Laden and execute all of al Queda by gun shot to the head and then we can call ourselves "The most bloodthirsty country in the whole-wide world!!!!"
!!!!! I CANNOT BELIEVE THIS. You actually think the Iraqis hijacked the plane. How can you say that. That is completely untrue. So there are people who actually believe that. Ok look we went to Iraq and we had no intention of going to Iraq just to get back at the guys who attacked us. If there was no 9/11 attack on us we would have still gone to Iraq anyway. It was on Bush's Things-To-Do list way before he was even elected president in 2001.

And Osama isn't an Iraqi. He is from somewhere else in the Middle East. And he is not from Aghanistan. He just resided there because he was kicked out from his actual country.
The US probably already knows where he is, with all the satellites we have but if Bush catches Osama then the "Bring Our Troops Home" protests would grow, because we "supposedly" went to the Middle East to catch Osama. So that's why we probably why we don't have Osama.
EDIT: Osama is from Saudi Arabia and then he was thrown out.
__________________
PFC: 1891 7646 2647
DFC: 1591 6232 0640
HGFC: 0775 7397 7490
Go to the Anime section




Last edited by Alonso; 03-31-2006 at 05:22 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 03-31-2006, 05:26 PM
PokemonElite2000's Avatar
PokemonElite2000 Offline
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: California, USA
Posts: 4,147
Send a message via ICQ to PokemonElite2000 Send a message via AIM to PokemonElite2000 Send a message via MSN to PokemonElite2000 Send a message via Yahoo to PokemonElite2000
Default Re: Venezuela or Iraq

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow Charizard
!!!!! I CANNOT BELIEVE THIS. You actually think the Iraqis hijacked the plane. How can you say that. That is completely untrue. So there are people who actually believe that. Ok look we went to Iraq and we had no intention of going to Iraq just to get back at the guys who attacked us. If there was no 9/11 attack on us we would have still gone to Iraq anyway. It was on Bush's Things-To-Do list way before he was even elected president in 2001.

And Osama isn't an Iraqi. He is from somewhere else in the Middle East. And he is not from Aghanistan. He just resided there because he was kicked out from his actual country.
The US probably already knows where he is, with all the satellites we have but if Bush catches Osama then the "Bring Our Troops Home" protests would grow, because we "supposedly" went to the Middle East to catch Osama. So that's why we probably why we don't have Osama.
A poll back in 2003 found that a majority, over 50%, said at least one of the hijackers were from Iraq, which is wrong.

So it's a pretty common mistake. And see below:

The PIPA Knowledge Networks Poll conducted in October 2, 2003
I always found this poll to be very facinating. Basically to see what the misconceptions are. For example, link between Iraq and al-Queda, there is no evidence showing that (not an opinion, a fact, US government won't tell you we found evidence of that). Or if we found weapons of mass destruction in Iraq (another obvious, we haven't found any, that's why it's big news, but still, some people get it wrong and say we did find it).

Evidence of Links Between Iraq and al-Qaeda
Is it your impression that the US has or has not found clear evidence in Iraq that Saddam Hussein was working closely with the al Qaeda terrorist organization?
(This is the percent of people surveyed who watch the corresponding news media who said we did find clear evidence linking Saddam Hussein and al Queda, which is factually wrong)

Percent of wrong answer: There is clear evidence of link between Saddam Hussein and al Queda
Fox: 67%
CBS: 56%
NBC: 49%
CNN: 48%
ABC: 45%
Print media: 40%
PBS-NPR: 16%

Weapons of Mass Destruction
Since the war with Iraq ended, is it your impression that the US has or has not found Iraqi weapons of mass destruction?
(This is the percent of people surveyed who watch the corresponding news media who said we found Iraqi weapons of mass destruction, which is factually wrong)

Percent of wrong answer: we did find Iraqi weapons of mass destruction
Fox: 33%
CBS: 23%
NBC: 20%
CNN: 20%
ABC: 19%
Print media: 17%
PBS-NPR: 11%

Source: http://65.109.167.118/pipa/pdf/oct03..._Oct03_rpt.pdf

Granted, that was back in 2003, but yea, you can see a lot of people can get things wrong. I'm sure after 3 years that more people got their facts right now, but there's still plenty of people that got their facts wrong.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 03-31-2006, 05:39 PM
Alonso's Avatar
Alonso Offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: FL
Posts: 913
Send a message via AIM to Alonso
Post Re: Venezuela or Iraq

Quote:
Originally Posted by PokemonElite2000
A poll back in 2003 found that a majority, over 50%, said at least one of the hijackers were from Iraq, which is wrong.

So it's a pretty common mistake. And see below:

The PIPA Knowledge Networks Poll conducted in October 2, 2003
I always found this poll to be very facinating. Basically to see what the misconceptions are. For example, link between Iraq and al-Queda, there is no evidence showing that (not an opinion, a fact, US government won't tell you we found evidence of that). Or if we found weapons of mass destruction in Iraq (another obvious, we haven't found any, that's why it's big news, but still, some people get it wrong and say we did find it).

Evidence of Links Between Iraq and al-Qaeda
Is it your impression that the US has or has not found clear evidence in Iraq that Saddam Hussein was working closely with the al Qaeda terrorist organization?
(This is the percent of people surveyed who watch the corresponding news media who said we did find clear evidence linking Saddam Hussein and al Queda, which is factually wrong)

Percent of wrong answer: There is clear evidence of link between Saddam Hussein and al Queda
Fox: 67%
CBS: 56%
NBC: 49%
CNN: 48%
ABC: 45%
Print media: 40%
PBS-NPR: 16%

Weapons of Mass Destruction
Since the war with Iraq ended, is it your impression that the US has or has not found Iraqi weapons of mass destruction?
(This is the percent of people surveyed who watch the corresponding news media who said we found Iraqi weapons of mass destruction, which is factually wrong)

Percent of wrong answer: we did find Iraqi weapons of mass destruction
Fox: 33%
CBS: 23%
NBC: 20%
CNN: 20%
ABC: 19%
Print media: 17%
PBS-NPR: 11%

Source: http://65.109.167.118/pipa/pdf/oct03..._Oct03_rpt.pdf

Granted, that was back in 2003, but yea, you can see a lot of people can get things wrong. I'm sure after 3 years that more people got their facts right now, but there's still plenty of people that got their facts wrong.
I know that Iraq and al-Qaeda have no ties. Tell that to Chao Breeder.

It's not that people have have their facts wrong (which some people do), it's just there are a lot of stubborn people out there who STILL listen to Bush and don't want to change their mind on this thing. Why do they have to be so stubborn. Bush lied and that's that. He is going to remain in Iraq for the remainder of his term and it will be up to a future president to pull them out. Well all I can say is that the US has changed way to much and their policies today are so bogus. I don't know why they changed and screwed up their reputation so much after all that happened since 1776. So who can we blame...I don't know.

Off Topic: Why are there people on the forum right now? Don't you guys have school or a job to go to. If your homesick or got it's a holiday then it's acceptable.
__________________
PFC: 1891 7646 2647
DFC: 1591 6232 0640
HGFC: 0775 7397 7490
Go to the Anime section




Last edited by Alonso; 03-31-2006 at 05:43 PM.
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 08:13 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Style Design: AlienSector.com