Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Other Boards » Discussion

Discussion This is for discussion about current events (news), issues, politics, and any other topics of serious discussion. For more casual talk, go to the Other Chat board. Proper sentences, spelling, and grammar is especially strict in this board.

Old 03-27-2006, 10:36 AM
Ironshell Blastoise Offline

Send a message via AIM to Ironshell Blastoise Send a message via MSN to Ironshell Blastoise
Default Re: Do you beleive that "The End" will come in 2011?

Quote:
Originally Posted by IT
Actually, Mayans easily outsmart the people of the present time. They could do a heart surgery way back then and the the temples they made should've taken them hundreds of years according to the scientists and archaelogists of today.

On the topic, the end of the world has been predicted to come in numerous times of years, none of them were correct. I don't believe in that kind of stuff until I see it happening myself.
In which case you wouldn't be discussing it on a Pokemon forum after the fact.
Old 03-27-2006, 12:36 PM
Seven Offline

Quote:
Originally Posted by klueless
Thank you!!!! Somebody that finally believes in GOD!!!!!
YES omL FINALLY!!!! What a coincedence, TWO religous people on one forum, this MUST be fate .

---
Said loads of time already, but had to say something on topic: what'll probably end Earth as we know it is either a Gamma Ray Burst or a meteor hitting Earth. THose are more like to end our civilization than the sun expanding, because that'll happen so unbelievably far in the future.

Anyway, the off-topic thing I really wanted to post, is about the reference to the Mayans. It is thought that the Mayans had, and used hot air balloons to, yes, fly. Wikipedia says this about it:

Quote:
There is also some speculation that hot air balloons were used by the Nazca Indians of Peru some 1500 years ago as a tool for design vast drawings on the Nazca plain.
Too bad it's a bit short :S. I have this link describing how researchers tried to rebuild hot air balloons with materials and tools of that time, and they succeeded. It's in Dutch though, and I'm only giving it to show I'm not making stuff up .

Offffffffftopic, yet intruiging. Or something.
Old 03-27-2006, 10:18 PM
Alonso Offline

Send a message via AIM to Alonso

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seven
YES omL FINALLY!!!! What a coincedence, TWO religous people on one forum, this MUST be fate .

---
Said loads of time already, but had to say something on topic: what'll probably end Earth as we know it is either a Gamma Ray Burst or a meteor hitting Earth. THose are more like to end our civilization than the sun expanding, because that'll happen so unbelievably far in the future.

Anyway, the off-topic thing I really wanted to post, is about the reference to the Mayans. It is thought that the Mayans had, and used hot air balloons to, yes, fly. Wikipedia says this about it:

Too bad it's a bit short :S. I have this link describing how researchers tried to rebuild hot air balloons with materials and tools of that time, and they succeeded. It's in Dutch though, and I'm only giving it to show I'm not making stuff up .

Offffffffftopic, yet intruiging. Or something.
So THAT'S how the Incas did the Nazca lines. That shatters the alien theory.
Go to the Anime section

Old 03-27-2006, 10:52 PM
Dog of Hellsing Offline
Witty

Send a message via AIM to Dog of Hellsing Send a message via MSN to Dog of Hellsing Send a message via Yahoo to Dog of Hellsing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow Charizard
It is sad that when the Sun expands and consumes the Earth and we would have luckily colonized other planets, our home will be gone and what if one day people forget that human life began on the planet Earth. It is a possibility that people will forget that planet Earth was where we began. We don't even know where we came from exactly. (People say Africa).

Yeah, it is a kind of sad thought. But then again, it won't happen for a REEEEAAAALLY long time, so people will be remembering Earth for quite a while after they leave it. I hope Oo. It's depressing to think that we might forgot about this and other planets as they vanish, for whatever reason.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NightBreaker
No mortal being has the right to say how the end will occur. It will occur in ways unimaginable to the limits of the imagination of the human mind or in the simpliest possible way.

We can't say you die tomorrow because we can never know, even if an assassination attempt was made known to us that would occur the next day. The assassination could be diverted or stopped, so we can never say that we'll die tomorrow.

We can die minutes later from now, but we'll never know until that time comes. The same is with the end of the planet. Only the people who will be unfortunate enough to be there when the Earth is destroyed will be able to know at the exact moment the Earth is destroyed.

No, I do not believe the end will come in 5 years, but I know one thing. Each man will die by what he lives.
Amen. *Appluads.* << I think I spelled that wrong XD. Anyways, I agree with you 100% on this. Which is sort of why I'm glad I most likely won't be here when the Earth goes POOM, or whatever .

At any rate, what will happen will happen when it happens and there's nothing humans (or any other life form) can do about it.

^Rock Musical Bleach^