Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Pokemon Main Boards » Pokemon: Anime/Movies/Manga

Pokemon: Anime/Movies/Manga Talk about the Pokemon anime, movies and manga. NOTE: It's possible that there may be discussions in here that may spoil something for you if you haven't seen that episode/movie/manga before. Please use the spoiler code when appropriate.

Old 02-25-2006, 06:00 PM
AshMistyMayfan Offline

Default Is May gulliable?

I just saw the worse Superbowl of Pokemon contests!

May should not have been letting Harley play with her mind and show off her strategy! It's like Ash and the gym leader getting together and revealing what Pokemon will be used and thus spoiling the element of surprise.

HOw in the world can May listen to something so stupid? You can't say that she clearly had to learn from it because it's logic NOT to listen to such talk of using Assist and Silver Wind as a constant one attack.

I also feel May should've had points deducted for isn't using Silver Wind/Assist over and over a point deducation on using same moves? I get penilized in the game for doing that.

If I was ina contest against May, much as I am a fan to her, I would go all out to win because it's every contestant for themselves, and May clearly did not learn that in my opinion.

I want May to get better, and not look stupid as she did. That's not good writing to make her gulliable in the contest like that. I expect better from May, not the worse.

I hope May considers trying to battle, but I guess it's contests only. But don't give out your gameplan like that. Even NFL teams don't do something like that!
Old 02-26-2006, 07:30 PM
Sceptile Frost Offline
Elite Trainer

Send a message via AIM to Sceptile Frost
Default Re: Is May gullible?

Yah, I really don't get how May would tell Harley

Harley had already lied to her in the Izabe Island Contest, (told her that Surskit is slow)

I think they used that to make May seem the underdog 'cause Harley knew her attacks and still win.
Old 02-26-2006, 10:34 PM
Cris Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 1)

Location: fighting ghosts with my favorite super hero,Danny Phantom
Default Re: Is May gulliable?

Quote:
Originally Posted by AshMistyMayfan
I just saw the worse Superbowl of Pokemon contests!

May should not have been letting Harley play with her mind and show off her strategy! It's like Ash and the gym leader getting together and revealing what Pokemon will be used and thus spoiling the element of surprise.

HOw in the world can May listen to something so stupid? You can't say that she clearly had to learn from it because it's logic NOT to listen to such talk of using Assist and Silver Wind as a constant one attack.

I also feel May should've had points deducted for isn't using Silver Wind/Assist over and over a point deducation on using same moves? I get penilized in the game for doing that.

If I was ina contest against May, much as I am a fan to her, I would go all out to win because it's every contestant for themselves, and May clearly did not learn that in my opinion.

I want May to get better, and not look stupid as she did. That's not good writing to make her gulliable in the contest like that. I expect better from May, not the worse.

I hope May considers trying to battle, but I guess it's contests only. But don't give out your gameplan like that. Even NFL teams don't do something like that!
Yes, May acted like a moron in that episode.I can easily kick her butt with my Milotic and Beautifly without she telling me her strategy.

*Rotator by DU*
Cris' Important Stuff:

VPP Stats
URPG Stats
.:lVirtual Gyml:.Apprentice

Credit to Mitsuko Souma for the 'is mine' idea.

Danny Phantom rocks!
Old 02-27-2006, 12:46 AM
Alonso Offline

Send a message via AIM to Alonso

May=stupid. She shouldn't be on the show. I'd change he personality.
Go to the Anime section

Old 02-27-2006, 02:19 AM
Katera Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 1)

Send a message via AIM to Katera Send a message via MSN to Katera Send a message via Yahoo to Katera Send a message via Skype™ to Katera

Quote:
HOw in the world can May listen to something so stupid?
Maybe because she was told to listen, by the artist and script writers? :p

Honestly, you guys take cartoons waaaay to seriously.. May couldn't help but listen to it, since that was what she was supposed to listen to. Dispite the fact she cannot hear, see, talk, think or even exsist..
Old 02-27-2006, 04:43 AM
AshMistyMayfan Offline

You know, Katera, you could actually be right for at times when I put Ash and company into one of my stories, I have them like on a break from the set. Of course with Japan dishing out 52 episodes a year and episode specials and no repeats, breaks like that are getting difficult. IT is possible that May was told to act like a bubblehead, which I am sure if may existed, she has her share of critical fan mail right now. I do hope May improves though, and she seems to be improving in the Battle Frontier, but I won't say much about it for it's a spoiler.
Old 02-27-2006, 10:08 AM
nufc_nutta Offline
New Trainer

Send a message via ICQ to nufc_nutta Send a message via AIM to nufc_nutta Send a message via Yahoo to nufc_nutta

That move was just plain stupid.

Please visit my site and help me. I need a skin and so members. I just got banned from a really crap website
http://www.pkmn.net
This is very good and I want to stay here forever.
Old 02-27-2006, 01:05 PM
Katera Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 1)

Send a message via AIM to Katera Send a message via MSN to Katera Send a message via Yahoo to Katera Send a message via Skype™ to Katera

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mazarupokemonfan
No,you are
Don't you know the spelling of Gullible?
Spell properly or don't talk is My policy.Don't make me cry by your grammer.
Shut-the-****-up! You horrible child! -_- You can't talk about grammar, you don't even use spaces. What a jerk... *Sigh* Leave the thread, seriously. Cause... You NEVER, EVER, talk to another member like that, especially one who's better then you. And yes, yes, he is WAY better then you. . .

Anyways, ignore him...

Well, you seem quite creative, AMMF. ;] But I suppose, she could do with a better script. But then again, so could the whole show. :p
Old 02-27-2006, 05:41 PM
AshMistyMayfan Offline

You wouldn't believe the abuse I take on the 49ers football forum, the administrator there let's the forum be run like wild kingdom! I've been teased, bullied, picked on, insulted, my intelligence questioned, it's a daily madhouse there. Here, I feel more relaxed. As for the unnamed poster criticizing me on spelling, that's a lot of gall to say when that poster feels the show is gay. I do have a right to be critical of May if I feel she is not doing a good job. I want May to be good because she has replaced Misty, and a general rule of a show is the replacement has to meet the audience's expectations of her. They don't want to see her bad tempered or blowing up like Misty does occasionally. But at the same time, I can't envision a show wanting May to act like a bubblehead, on purpose anyway. It was one thing on 3's Company to have Cindy acting like that (clumsy nature), but I can't see May listening to something foolish as that. It's like in the Superbowl that the Steelers were going to tell the Seahawks what they were going to do in passing, running, and defense. May should not have been showing her strategy like that and it made her quite frankly look stupid. Even I would have common sense if I was in the Hoenn region to not show my strategy. For example, if I see that May has a bug pokemon in Beautifly, I counter with fire. I see her Skitty, I counter with fighting. I see Combusken, I got my choice of either flying, fighting, or even a psychic. May shouldn't have listened to Harley when he was saying stuff like 'Gosh, that Assist and Silver Wind is your ticket in the bag!' May should've had sense that Harley was in this just to get revenge and try to make her a loser. But Harley's plan had a flaw for even though May lost to Drew (OK to release the spoiler), May still got cheered because she behaved with class and treated her Pokemon with class. She also acknowledged Drew at the end.
Old 02-28-2006, 07:42 AM
Pokemon Trainer Sarah Offline
Expecto Patronum!

Send a message via AIM to Pokemon Trainer Sarah Send a message via MSN to Pokemon Trainer Sarah

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katera
Maybe because she was told to listen, by the artist and script writers? :p

Honestly, you guys take cartoons waaaay to seriously.. May couldn't help but listen to it, since that was what she was supposed to listen to. Dispite the fact she cannot hear, see, talk, think or even exsist..
Lol, Katera I can see your point, but this is a discussion of the characters of Pokemon, and that is how May's character is...just like when you're asked to discuss a character in a book, you can't say "the character had no choice because the author wanted them to do that" xD Well you could, but I doubt you'd get very far.

Anyway, I haven't seen this episode so I suppose I really can't give my opinion, but from what I've read May seems to be extremely gullible, I suppose that's how they want her character to be, maybe she'll get the sympathy vote or something because she believed some evil kid who tricked her into losing. ( that's what happened right? xD)
Old 03-01-2006, 04:10 AM
AshMistyMayfan Offline

Hi Sarah
On that episode that I saw and what you just said, it's yes...and no. Yes, Harley was trying to make May lose in the contest, and ordinary in having Pokemon repeat the attack over and over, judges should have been deducting points from May. Harley's intentions of making May using that particular attack was in hopes of making May lose, but May lost when she went up against Drew, and Drew performed with honesty and an element of surprise in his Flygon. May did lose the big event, but at least like Ash, she did give it her all.

As for Harley, may he never show up in another episode again! That was probably the worse person for May to talk to, and not even have a close he wanted revenge! Good grief, May! Well, I am sure and hopeful she learned from this and will do better.

I also noticed that Ash quickly forgot about Flygon, wasn't he riding the Flygon in the Pokemon Jirachi movie? How in the world can Ash neglect he was riding the Flygon trying to save the world from Groudon?
Old 03-01-2006, 08:30 PM
Missingno mystery Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 1)

Quote:
I also noticed that Ash quickly forgot about Flygon, wasn't he riding the Flygon in the Pokemon Jirachi movie? How in the world can Ash neglect he was riding the Flygon trying to save the world from Groudon?
I saw that too. Its like, at that moment the 6th movie never happened. I mean, personally that wasn't a Flygon as it didn't even sound right! But then again its not the first time this has happened .
Old 03-01-2006, 09:18 PM
Cris Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 1)

Location: fighting ghosts with my favorite super hero,Danny Phantom

Quote:
Hi Sarah
On that episode that I saw and what you just said, it's yes...and no. Yes, Harley was trying to make May lose in the contest, and ordinary in having Pokemon repeat the attack over and over, judges should have been deducting points from May. Harley's intentions of making May using that particular attack was in hopes of making May lose, but May lost when she went up against Drew, and Drew performed with honesty and an element of surprise in his Flygon. May did lose the big event, but at least like Ash, she did give it her all.

As for Harley, may he never show up in another episode again! That was probably the worse person for May to talk to, and not even have a close he wanted revenge! Good grief, May! Well, I am sure and hopeful she learned from this and will do better.

Drew is way better than Harley even if he was a kind of jerk when May first meet him.And movies don't really affect the episodes(Ecept for the one at Whirl Island when Jesse and James reconiced Lugia)

*Rotator by DU*
Cris' Important Stuff:

VPP Stats
URPG Stats
.:lVirtual Gyml:.Apprentice

Credit to Mitsuko Souma for the 'is mine' idea.

Danny Phantom rocks!
Old 03-02-2006, 01:04 PM
Sceptile Frost Offline
Elite Trainer

Send a message via AIM to Sceptile Frost
Arrow Re: Is May gulliable?

Yes, Drew is way better than Harley. Period!

May, if she's imroving in Kanto Battle Frontier, that's a good thing.

Maybe next time, Harley'll beat her when she tries it. I mean, seriously, how are you supposed to lose when you know all the enemies attacks? That's why I think Harley told May to use Assist, so he could figure out the new pokemon May got.