Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Other Boards » Groups/Clubs

Groups/Clubs Start a Pokemon or non-Pokemon related Group/Club for your favorite topic. Whether it's a group/club for one of the good guys like Ash, Misty, or Brock, to the villains like Team Rocket, Team Magma, and Team Aqua. Your group can be whatever you want.

Old 06-02-2013, 08:43 PM
Eevee trainer Offline

Default Re: Gotta catch em' all !: Club

My response to everything:

Spoiler:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Judge Dredd View Post
Okay, here is a couple responses

Eggs hatching with a certain amount of posts is a great idea. Its really more simple. Having an egg adoption store, a market and lottery place would be good as links with in the story.
For example

The team Arrives in goldenrod city. In Goldenrod you can visit Market Place, Egg Adoption or Lottery Building.

Now this is going to sound strange but those will each be different threads. Think about it kinda like they have the WFL set up. People would be able to go their and fill out a form for whatever.

I know this takes away from the story part, but remember this is more than an RPG.

Pretty much what Latio said. I mean, I can see it working out as an unlockable. (Getting to Goldenrod allows players to buy eggs but before that point they cannot.) I still think that each player is allowed one egg if they join GCEA when it starts as a promotion. (I’d say within the first 10 to 20 pages would warrant the promo?) I mean, if someone wants to buy an egg, I can see an extra thread for the sake of organization. However, if a Mod implements an egg as a wild encounter, then it should remain in the story’s thread and would not warrant an extra thread.

I agree with the lottery place being a separate thread, it’s just a lot easier to keep track of who is doing the lottery. (I think with the lottery, anyone can spend as many points as they want to spend on “tickets.” Much like buying real life lottery tickets.

Market place... Are you talking about buying potions and the like? Wouldn’t that be a bit late in the game for that? Or, are you talking about special Pokeballs and the like?

Im thinking people will need to buy pokeballs too... The price would be kinda low for basic balls.

The only reason why I’m against this is due to the fact that we already spend a fair amount of points on catching the Pokemon, evolving the Pokemon, battling, leveling, etc... It may just be more balanced to have Pokeballs free. (Or, something like, spend 2 points get 20 Pokeballs.)

Even with the spending of points, there’s just going to be more to keep track of with the Trainer Card. It really may be better off to leave the regular Pokeballs as it is. However, that’s just my opinion on it.

2nd

The Logo should be made up of the Unowns

Okay! Will do! I’ll send you a WIP of it tonight when I get home.

3rd
Abilities can be talked about in the future but!!! how they work would have to change. This is a later conversation.

@Latio: I think he’s just talking about the 2nd GCEA. Even if it is agreed on, I would like to just see it in a different GCEA than the current one. The idea is still there, but it will be implemented into a different game, but not the next one.

When we make a GCEA club page and we have a lot of members join in, we’ll take a vote on the issue as well as another vote for the 2nd GCEA. But, for now, we’re going to leave it on the side; feel free to make the rules for it or not for later, but do NOT put them into the next GCEA.

Okay, I think that issue’s settled? XD

4th.
I am planning to break everything down in the main thread. So that someone could just click a link on how to battle and they would get an easy explanation.

I like Latio’s way, to be honest. Just because each region of the GCEA will be different. Thus, the rules will be different according to the region (in regards to items, Pokemon to be found, and even with Gold and Silver’s instance with the Chrome and Tyrant clans). It’s just better off to have them as individual posts on the one GCEA thread. Especially as the players can just flip to the first page, copy a form, and go back to paste the form in their post.

However, if you wanted to share the market place/lottery forums for ALL GCEAs, then I’m cool with that. I don’t think it will be too many players to warrant separate shops depending on the individual games.

5th I agree with having others read through. Its important that its not too wordy.

My boyfriend understood the rules, which is why I think, after my last revisions, that the rules are ready for you to look over and decide if they’re ready or not.

6th
Mods of the thread will have to be given a rule guide of how it works. I will be using the same random number generator used for the WFL in GCEA. I would like this to help determine pokemon appearances. I know that sounds complicated buy its not so bad.
Thoughts on the number generator ?

I’m cool with this, make sure the eg-

For eggs, the number generator will be used. Also, as far as hatching the eggs goes. If a certain amount of steps is needed then we need to decide.

...Okay, you beat me to the punch there. XD However, I agree with there being a separate thread for the Mods (or some sort of club made for the mods so that they may discuss anything storywise with other Mods to get the ball rolling that way).

Number generator just makes sense as that’s how the Pokemon games are done.

However, I was also thinking about whether or not the randomized eggs would be categorized when buying them. Mostly as I’d hate to spend points to wind up with a Bidoof. XD But, if it can’t be helped, then it just can’t be helped.

Another note, for whomever also buys an egg (and the off chance that it happens) if they wind up buying an egg that would hatch into a Pokemon that they already have (unless the Pokemon can evolve into two different Pokemon such as Slowpoke for Slowbro and Slowking) that we redo the random generator as there isn’t much of a point for a player to have two of the same Pokemon. As such, it would also really stink if they got stuck with two Riolus.

Which brings me to another point... Everything I just mentioned above would be okay in my opinion if the players were able to trade Pokemon with another trainer.

So really, I’d like to either see variety in the eggs or the option to trade with trainers.

(I felt like this had to be brought up. Sorry. XD; )

It could be something like double its starting points. So a level 5 pokemon would take ten posts to hatch. Im thinking we should also take from urgp and go with time frames.

I’m glad that we all agree on this! :D

Common pokemon can hatch the same day, Uncommon pokemon 2 days, Rare 3 days and Super Rare 4 days.

I’d much rather stick to one method, just because it may confuse players. Plus, as I’ve mentioned before, I’d much rather posts over a time frame as it encourages players to post more to hatch their eggs. AND, the players will know exactly when their egg hatches and could make their egg hatching post around that.

Is that to much ?

I think I said too much. LOL.

|.:Art Gallery:.|.:.|.:Battle Log:.|
|.:My once trade thread:.|
Pearl FC- 4984-8127-7088 | SoulSilver FC- 1763-4967-6519 | Black FC- 0991-1240-1790
Old 06-02-2013, 10:01 PM
Latio-Nytro Offline

I'll just repost this here for sake of not needing to turn a few pages back.

Assuming Dredd finds everything in order, this is the final revision of GCeA's rules!

How To Play/Rules

0) OBEY ALL FORUM RULES!! No flaming, trolling, spamming, ect. Aside from the consequences of the forum itself, disobeying these rules guarantee LARGE point deductions. YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED.

1) Post your trainer's name and your chosen starter in the thread.

2) Create a Trainer Card once the GM accepts your trainer request. You'll also need to update it consistently with your in-game stats. Find it here.

3) Earning points is done in a few ways. A post equals a point (unless you're breaking rules), so post often! There are also other things you can do to grab more points. Spending points is how you get ANYTHING and EVERYTHING done in GCeA. If you want to capture a Pokémon, Evolve it, purify it, purchase items, or assist your battles, YOU NEED POINTS!!!

4) Questions are OK to ask! The rules can be confusing sometimes, so if you're new and are any bit confused by the rules, don't be afraid to ask questions! However, you should post them here.

5) If you're joining in the middle of the game, you will want to contact the GM so he can introduce you into the story. He'll also give you a starter kit: This will include your starter, a group of other unevolved Pokemon, all the badges earned up to this point, and a bundle of points to get you up to speed. So don't worry if you get in late.

6) All posts must come with a header, detailing your trainer name, the current status of your Party, and your amount of points (taking the post you're making into account). An example of the bare minimum is below:

Trainer Name
Names and Status of on-hand Pokémon (OK, Half or KO?)
Amount of Points

Evolution

1) In order to evolve a Pokémon, you will first need to know what level it evolves at. Need help with that? Find evolutionary levels here. If you have enough points to match that level, you're golden! Just fill out the form below.

Spoiler:
Pokémon You're Evolving:
Pokémon it Evolves Into:
Evolution Point Requirement:
Points On-Hand:
Points After Evolution:
Link to stats:
Below is an example. Crocanaw have 18 points naturally.
Pokémon You're Evolving: Hydro the Totodile
Pokémon it Evolves Into: Crocanaw
Evolution Point Requirement: 18
Points On-Hand: 20
Points After Evolution: 2
Link to stats: *Insert link to Trainer Card Page here*

The Evolved Pokémon will take on the exact number of points you put into it: A Wartortle, for instance, which evolves at Level 16, will have 16 points. Adding a picture would also be great, but not required.

2) Some Pokémon have special evolutions with other rules to go with them.

-Evolutionary Stones can be used after you've gotten enough gym badges. Here's a list, in Spoilers:

Spoiler:
Moon Stones/King's Rocks: Can be used after you beat the 3rd gym.
Fire Stones/Metal Coats: Can be used after you beat the 4th gym.
Leaf Stone/Sun Stone: Can be used after you beat the 5th gym.
Water Stones/Dragon Scales: Can be used after you beat the 6th gym.
Thunder stone/Up-grades: Can be used after you beat the 7th gym.

Stone Evolutions for 1st to 2nd Stage Pokémon (or for TCG players, Basic stage to 1st stage) cost 35 Points and grants a 35 point Pokémon, while 2nd to 3rd Stage Pokémon (or for TCG players, 1st stage to 2nd stage) costs 45 points and grants a 45 point Pokémon.

-Trade Evolutions play by the same rules as Stone Evolutions: 1st to 2nd stage evolutions cost 35 Points and give you a 35 point Pokémon, while 2nd to 3rd stage evolutions cost 45 Points and give you a 45 point Pokémon. If it's both a trade and an item required, then it's 55 for 1st to 2nd, and 65 from 2nd to 3rd, and you get Pokémon of those respective amounts. A list of those Pokémon is below.

Spoiler:
Golem, Politoed and Slowking are unlocked after beating the 3rd Gym. Politoed and Slowking require King's Rocks.
Steelix, Scizor and Gengar are unlocked after beating the 4th Gym. Steelix and Scizor require Metal Coats.
Kingdra and Machamp are unlocked after beating the 6th Gym. Kingdra requires a Dragon Scale.
Porygon2 and Alakazam are unlocked after beating the 7th Gym. Porygon2 requires an Up-Grade.

-Friendship Evolution's have varying costs, which, like before, will be their points in battle.

Spoiler:
(Cost 30) Pikachu and Jigglybuff are unlocked after beating the 3rd Gym
(Cost 30) Clefairy and Togetic are unlocked after beating the 4th Gym
(Cost 40) Hitmonlee, Hitmonchan, Hitmontop, Umbreon and Espeon are unlocked after beating the 6th Gym*
(Cost 45) Crobat is unlocked after beating the 7th Gym
(Cost 60) Blissey is unlocked after beating the 8th Gym
*You must choose between the three Hitmons to evolve a Tyrouge into.

Level Ups

Once a Pokémon reaches its final stage of evolution, it can be leveled up. Without any badges, you can level up any Pokémon to its own level +10. Gym Badges add a level ceiling-if you cannot meet the ceiling with ten level ups, you can level up your Pokémon to meet the ceiling. Each level gained is two points each. The form is below.

Spoiler:
Pokémon being Leveled Up:
Level ups:
Resulting Level:
Points required:
Points on hand:
Points remaining:
Link:
Below is an example. Raticate have 20 points naturally, and this trainer has two badges:
Pokémon being Leveled Up: Fang the Raticate
Levels up: 10
Resulting Value: 30
Points required: 20
Points on hand: 29
Points remaining: 9
Link to stats: *Insert link to Trainer Card here*

Gym prizes are below, in spoilers.

Spoiler:
1 Badge
(Pokémon level 1-25 will obey you)
(Final stage Pokémon can now be leveled up to 20 or their base level +10, whichever is higher.)

2 Bages
(Pokémon level 1-30 will obey you)
(Final stage Pokémon can now be leveled up to 25 or their base level +10, whichever is higher.)

3 Badges
(Pokémon level 1-32 will obey you)

4 Badges
(Pokémon level 1-35 will obey you)
(Final stage Pokémon can now be leveled up to 30 or their base level +10, whichever is higher.)

5 Badges
(Pokémon level 1-40 will obey you)

6 Badges
(Pokémon level 1-45 will obey you)
(Final stage Pokémon can now be leveled up to 40 or their base level +10, whichever is higher)

7 Badges
(Pokémon level 1-50 will obey you)
(Final stage Pokémon can now be leveled up to 50 or their base level +10, whichever is higher)

8 Badges
(Pokémon level 1-100 will obey)
(Final stage Pokémon can be leveled up to level 60 or their base level +10, whichever is higher)

Wild Pokémon

1) ONLY This thread's Officials can post the appearance of wild Pokémon. (If you want to be an official for GCeA, contact one of the existing GMs.)

2) Each Pokémon will have a point value. If you don't have enough points, you can't capture it. You can still battle it if your Pokémon are consious, though.

3) Additionally, each wild Pokémon will also have a limit on how many people can challenge it. Therefore, the first people to challenge that Pokémon will get it. Everyone else will have to wait until it appears again. This applies to all Pokémon. Two pages after a Pokemon is released, it vanishes.

4) The difference between versions affects which Pokémon you can capture in your version of GCeA. Certain moments can allow you to grab Pokemon from different versions, though, so don't worry. You can see which version exclusives exist here, if you don't know off the top of your head.

5) Freshly-caught Pokémon will be KO'd until you reach a Pokémon Center or a Healing Machine, or use certain items to recover the Pokémon.

6) You do NOT need a conscious Pokémon to capture a Wild Pokémon, but only if you do not HAVE a conscious Pokémon in your party. There is no penalty for taking advantage of this rule.

7) When trying to capture a Pokémon, you will see the Point Value change if there is a Type Advantage or a Level advantage, or if items are used. The details are in spoilers.

Spoiler:
In the case of the wild having a Type Advantage, The enemy Pokémon will gain a bonus equivalent to its own level, on the chart shown below. You cannot get a Type Advantage against a wild.

- If a wild Pokémon is under Lv. 10, there will be a +2 Type bonus.
- If a wild Pokémon is at or above Lv. 10 and below Lv. 30, there will be a +5 Type bonus.
- If a Wild Pokémon is at or above Lv. 30 and below Lv. 50, there will be a +7 Type bonus.
- If a Wild Pokémon is at or above Lv.50 and below Lv. 75, there will will be a +9 Type bonus.
- If a Wild Pokémon is at or above Lv. 75, there will be a +12 Type bonus.

Advantages can stack. Any one instance of the wild having a type advantage over any of your own Pokémon is one type bonus: If, for instance, both of their types are super effective against one of your own, then that's two type bonuses.

In the case that the wild Pokémon has an Evolutionary Advantage, the cost is equivalent to how many Evolutionary stages it is up from its final evolution. It is +5 if it is one stage below the enemy, and +10 if it is two below the enemy. You cannot gain an Evolutionary Advantage against a wild.

You typically use only the basic PokeBall design (which you have an unlimited number of) when capturing Pokémon, but using more advanced (and more limited) designs will cut costs from capture-or eliminate them entirely in the case of the elusive Master Ball.

8: The form for this is below.
Pokémon using:
Pokémon trying to catch:
Point Requirement:
Bonuses:
Total Cost:
Points On Hand:
Points After:
Link to stats:
Remember bonuses and point requirements! Below is an example:
Pokémon Using: Hydro the Crocanaw
Pokémon trying to catch: Oddish
Point Requirement: 8
Bonuses: +2 (Type Advantage)
Total Cost: 10
Points on Hand: 12
Points after: 2
Link to stats: *Insert link to your Trainer Card here*

Battling Pokémon

1) In order to participate in Pokémon Battles, you must have a conscious Pokémon in your party.

2) In a battle, you put your Pokémon’s points against the opponents. If you KO all the opponent's Pokémon (or fulfill some other potential requirement), you win (regardless of your Pokémon being KO'd as a result of doing so).

3) What happens to a Pokémon post-battle is determined by its point value after all the battles are done. If the Pokémon is at full health or greater, the Pokémon is completely fine. If it has less than full health but at least half health, it’ll be reduced to ˝. If it’s below 1/2, it’s KO’d. (In case of a fraction/decimal number being the half, round up. If my Pokémon, for instance, is level 19, half would be 10.)

4) In order to battle, you need to use the form below.

Spoiler:
Opponent (the opponent you're targeting):
Attacker (the Pokémon you're using):
Opponent's Points (the points of the attacking Pokémon):
Attacker's Points (the points of your Pokémon):
Bonus (The bonuses that apply are added up, and the result is put here.)

Points using (You can spend points to tip the battle in your favor; this is the amount you're using):
Points on-hand (the amount of points you have on-hand):
Points remaining (the amount you have left over: Points on hand minus Points using):

Opponents's remaining points (The remaining points the Attackee has to continue this battle: Attackee's Points minus Attacker's Points. Zero points = KO.):
Attacker's remaining points: (If you've calculated the above and got a negative number, put that here. This is the amount of points your Pokémon has to continue fighting in this battle.)
A full battle isn't just one of these forms: As some foes may have multiple Pokemon or really tough Pokemon that you need more than one of your own to take out (or both), a battle is considered 'done' when either you feel the need to stop for whatever reason, you're completely unable to battle, or your opponent is completely unable to battle. Henceforth, these are part of the forms you need to fill out, but only once, preferably after all the forms are completed.
Result (What happened to your Pokemon? Are they OK, Half, or KO?)
Link to stats (To let the GM Make sure you're being legit and aren't lying about anything):
If you're not using points, you should remove Points Using, Points on-hand, and Points remaining from the form(s). It makes it less cluttered.

Unless you are participating in a Leauge Battle (see the League Battle section below for details), you are hardly alone in a battle: Any Trainer can pick up right where you left off. In fact, when fighting a foe with six Pokemon, you can take down two and leave the other four to two of your partners.

Here’s an example of a pair of battles to take down an Onix, with the Onix and the Raticate both leveled up +10, the trainer owns 2 badges, and the Crocanaw untrained:
Opponents: Onix
Attacker: Hydro the Crocanaw
Opponents's Point Value: 35
Attacker's Point Value: 18
Bonuses: -5 (-5 Type Bonus)
Opponent's Remaining Points: 12
Attacker's Remaining Points: 0
Opponent: Onix
Attacker: Fang the Raticate
Opponent's Point Value: 12
Attacker's Point Value: 30
Bonuses: +2 (+7 Type Bonus, -5 Evolution Bonus)
Opponents's Remaining Points: 0
Attacker's Remaining Points: 16

Result: Hydro the Crocanaw has fainted from Knockout. Fang the Raticate has been weakened to half-points (16 is greater than half of Raticate’s points, 15, so it goes down to half).
Link to Stats: *Insert link to Trainer Card here*

5) Unlike catching Pokémon, Battling Pokémon can grant negative bonuses to the opponent. As smaller numbers are better, these are the good bonuses you want to get. The positive bonuses can also be applied, though.

Spoiler:
In the case of the existence of a Type advantage, the opponent will receive a negative or positive bonus based on which end of the stick he's got. If you've got an edge over him, he'll get a negative bonus. If he's got an edge over him, he'll get a positive bonus. The lower, the better-remember that!

-If the Pokémon with the advantage is below Lv. 10, there will be a -/+2 Type bonus.
- If the Pokémon with the advantage is at or above Lv. 10 and below Lv. 30, there will be a -/+5 Type bonus.
- If the Pokémon with the advantage is at or above Lv. 30 and below Lv. 50, there will be a -/+7 Type bonus.
- If the Pokémon with the advantage is at or above Lv.50 and below Lv. 75, there will will be a -/+9 Type bonus.
- If the Pokémon with the advantage is at or above Lv. 75, there will be a -/+12 Type bonus.

Each iteration of a type advantage is one type bonus; having multiple gets you multiple type bonuses. For instance, any Pokémon you own 4X weak to one type will get double positive bonuses.

Who applies what depends strictly on the level of the Pokémon with the advantage: If a level 9 Pokémon under your control gets a type advantage on a level 27 Pokémon, it will be -2. If the level 27 Pokémon gets a type advantage on your level 9 Pokémon, the bonus is +5. Remember that!

In the case that there is an Evolutionary Advantage, the cost is equivalent to how many Evolutionary stages the weaker Pokémon is from its final evolution. If your Pokémon is closer to its final form, it subtracts from your opponent; if the opponent's Pokémon is closer, then it adds to your opponent. Same as before, it's -/+5 if the difference is one form, and -/+10 if it is two forms.

If the Pokémon with either disadvantage is below Lv. 5, there cannot be any bonus against it. It can only add to its own points, if at all.

6: All enemy Pokemon defeated in any battle grants points. The exact value is 1/10th of the enemy's points, rounded up (1-10 is 1 point, 11-20 is 2 points, ect). the prize will be split among any person who participates in defeating that Pokemon.

League Battles

1: The difference between League battles and regular battles is that, unlike regular battles where anyone can jump in with anything, Leauge battles are strictly 1-on-1 affairs. You also cannot use Shadow Pokemon in League Battles (there will be more on Shadow Pokemon in the next section). These rules are used primarily when fighting Gym Leaders.

2: Gym Leaders award badges-and other prizes-upon defeat, but are exceptionally hard. The more badges you have, the tougher the team they pull out to stop you-henceforth, gyms can be challenged in any order.

3: Gym Badges award the trainer with the capacity to control higher-level Pokemon, while also being able to level up Pokemon to a further level. There are also other prizes: Pokemon, rare items, turning a Pokemon into a Shiny, and possibly more. A list of Gym Badges is below, in spoilers.

Spoiler:
1 Badge
(Pokémon level 1-25 will obey you)
(Final stage Pokémon can now be leveled up to 20 or their base level +10, whichever is higher.)

2 Bages
(Pokémon level 1-30 will obey you)
(Final stage Pokémon can now be leveled up to 25 or their base level +10, whichever is higher.)

3 Badges
(Pokémon level 1-32 will obey you)

4 Badges
(Pokémon level 1-35 will obey you)
(Final stage Pokémon can now be leveled up to 30 or their base level +10, whichever is higher.)

5 Badges
(Pokémon level 1-40 will obey you)

6 Badges
(Pokémon level 1-45 will obey you)
(Final stage Pokémon can now be leveled up to 40 or their base level +10, whichever is higher)

7 Badges
(Pokémon level 1-50 will obey you)
(Final stage Pokémon can now be leveled up to 50 or their base level +10, whichever is higher)

8 Badges
(Pokémon level 1-100 will obey)
(Final stage Pokémon can be leveled up to level 60 or their base level +10, whichever is higher)

4: These rules also applies to other League-sanctioned events: Tournaments and fights against the Elite 4 for the title of Champion also follow these rules.

5: The forms for this are the same as the forms for regular battling, of course.

Houndour@4051: Hatch@4066, Houndoom@4123, Level100@4351.

The Nonexistant White Nuzlocke! BEHOLD IT AND DESPAIR!

FEAR THE MOODY BIDOOF!!!

Last edited by Latio-Nytro; 06-03-2013 at 10:30 AM.
Old 06-02-2013, 10:07 PM
Latio-Nytro Offline

Shadow Pokémon and Purifying

1: Shadow Pokémon have a certain boost to their abilities. If you have less than 2 badges, then this boost is +5. Otherwise, it is +10. This boost maintains itself after purification. In stats, you are to note it is a Shadow or a Purified Pokémon, and keep the aforementioned bonus separate from the Pokémon's point values.

2: Shadow Pokémon are Pure Shadow Typed regardless of species. Shadow Type is super-effective against all other types and neutral towards itself. The Shadow Type is removed upon purification.

3: In order to purify a Shadow Pokémon, you must pay its Natural Point Value (or NVP) and its Shadow bonus. If you leveled up your Pokémon before it got corrupted into a Shadow, those points are ignored entirely: it's only the value you'd normally need to capture it.

4: No Player Character (or PC) can purify a Pokémon. Someone else has to. There are certain devices and powers that can do this, wielded by certain people. Also, any Legend and anyone/anything who can create a Shadow can also purify.

5: Shadow Pokémon are just like regular Pokémon in one way: they can be found in the wild or on trainers. Catching them in the wild is just like catching a regular Pokémon.

6: Until Purification, Shadows cannot level up and/or evolve. If they're already leveled up and/or evolved before they were corrupted into Shadows, the level ups and evolution(s) remain.

7: A Shadow Pokémon will be harder to control than other Pokémon. They do respect power, however, and they obey the strong. If your badge limit doesn't beat out their total points and their Shadow Bonus, they will not obey you. However, with Purified Pokémon, ignore the Shadow Bonus and just go off their total points in order to determine obedience. This is why you SEPARATE the bonus in stats.

8: Shadow Pokémon cannot be used in regulated Pokémon Battles under League rules (Gym Leader battles, legal tournaments, ect.). Purified Pokémon CAN be used in these battles. Shadows are tortured slaves for all due intents and purposes, and such battles are shows of integrity as much as power; what does it say of you to bring THOSE out in such competitions?

9: The form for Purifying is below, in spoilers.

Spoiler:
Pokémon being Purified:
Points required:
Points on hand:
Points remaining:
Link to stats:
Below is an example. This trainer has three badges, so the bonus is ten, and a Pikachu's natural point value is 30:
Pokémon being Purified: Amp the Pikachu
Points required: 40
Points on hand: 50
Points remaining: 10
Link to stats: *Insert link to Trainer Card here*

Pokemon Eggs

1) In very rare occurances, Pokemon Eggs may be found lying around. Whoever posts to claim it first gets the Egg, unless the GM says otherwise.

2) Eggs can also be purchased from certain people: Pokemon Breeders are a good source to ask. Eggs are expensive, though.

3) When the Egg is claimed, the Egg's identity is revealed to whoever got it, as well as a post count, detailing when it will hatch. The post count is the Pokemon's NPV times two.

4)When the post count reaches 0, the Egg is able to be hatched. There is no point cost for hatching eggs.

5) The Pokemon inside the eggs, with a few exceptions, are generally from the region you are in That's about the only limit: You can find starters or rare Pokemon with equal frequency to common ones.

6) You have to use a form to hatch eggs. The form is below, in spoilers.

Spoiler:
Pokemon Hatching:
Post Requirement:
Link to Post (as in, the post where you got the egg from):
Link to Stats:
An Example is below. The Pokemon being hatched is a Chimchar, whose natural point value is 5 and the post count is henceforth 10.
Pokemon Hatching: Chimchar
Post requirement: 10
Link to Post: *Insert link to the post where this trainer got the egg from here*
Link to Stats: *Insertl link to Trainer Card here*

RPing Rules for non-Gms

1) No Godmodding. Godmodding is giving yourself too much power/knowledge over the plot itself.

2) No bunnying without permission. Bunnying is automatically moving a player's character about without the player's consent. If it's given to you (and you'll have to prove it to a GM), then you may bunny that character.

3) No Trolling/Spamming/Flaming. Trolling and Flaming are basically insulting people-Trolling intends to come off as a demeaning and insulting argument against a group more often than not, while Flaming is outright insulting that group. Spamming is just posting useless stuff irrelevant. All are absolute no-nos.

4) Responses to anything can be as short or as long as needed, as long as it doesn't fall into spam. If anything you're doing is important that needs to be noted, that's the bare minimum.

5) We're not going to be super-stingy with our grammar and spelling to point out every last error you make, so long as it is legible.

6) You can post pictures of your adventures! There is utterly nothing wrong with this, unless the picture breaks PxR rules.

7) If you have to leave for any reason and will be absent from GCeA, first alert your absence in the club thread, then either get someone trustworthy to bunny your character or make a post (if possible) detailing your leave from the group and put where you last were in the trainer stats so you can pick up right where you left off.

8) Your characters may have skills/nuances that set themselves apart from other Trainers, but ultimately you are a regular human being with no extraordinary powers, with the sole exception being rule number nine.

9) Psychics in general have been a major part of GCeA's story in the past, and henceforth you can play as a Minor Psychic. 'Minor' cannot be stressed enough, however. You must first contact a GM about your character having powers, then detail how they grow, and the GM must accept. You can get really creative with what these powers actually are, but they cannot be anything that couldn't be labeled as anything more than a minor convenience to have: Short-range Telepathy between other Psychic Humans and Psychic Pokemon, Light telekinesis that can lift a remote controller a few feet from you, Uncomplicated sound-based illusions, reading surface thoughts, ect. You also can get exhausted and faint if you use your powers too much.

10) NPCs do not have to follow rule number eight (except the part about tiring out from using powers too much). You've been warned.

11) GMs can remove your powers on a dime if they think you're abusing them/godmodding with them. There is an in-story explanation, too: Countermeasures for Psychics strong enough to hurl around buildings are widespread and powerful, so will have easy ways to get rid of your powers if he thinks your abusing them. You've been warned.

12) Legends can be obtained and used without dire consequence to the world. However, every Legend is also much smarter than almost any human, cannot die of natural causes or any disease, and are all capable of turning human, exploiting a loophole in the PokeBall's design and rendering any capture null and void. In short, getting them available for capture involves befriending it first and proving you're actually worthy of wielding it. You do this completely in story, and the GM determines your success when they actually become available for capture.

13) Reward Pokemon you unlock can join you for any reason, as long as it's somewhat logical, and the GM approves of it. They do cost points, though.

14) Special occasions-including your birthday (and by 'your birthday,' I mean your IRL birthday, not your character's birthday)-can reward you with Pokemon for absolutely free. How they join you is up to the GM who rewards them to you.

The Forms

Spoiler:
Capturing a Pokémon

To capture a Pokémon successfully, use the following form:
Pokémon using:
Pokémon trying to catch:
Point requirement:
Bonuses:
Total Cost:
Points On Hand:
Points After:
Link to stats:
--------------------------------------

Battling a Pokémon

Again, remember your bonuses!
Opponent:
Attacker:
Opponent's Point Value:
Attacker's Point Value
Bonuses:
Points Using:
Points on-hand:
Points remaining:
Opponents's Remaining Points:
Attacker's Remaining Points:
Link to stats:

Leveling Up a Pokémon
Pokémon being Leveled Up:
Levels up:
Resulting Value:
Points required:
Points on hand:
Points remaining:
Link to stats:

Evolving a Pokémon
Pokémon You're Evolving:
Pokémon it Evolves Into:
Evolution Point Requirement:
Points On-Hand:
Points After Evolution:
Link to stats:

Purifying a Pokémon
Pokémon being Purified:
Points required:
Points on hand:
Points remaining:
Link to stats:

Hatching an Egg
Pokemon Hatching:
Post Requirement:
Link to Post (as in, the post where you got the egg from):
Link to Stats:

There. That's all of it.

As a reminder, when this goes on PxR, it'll be formatted properly-as in, the content between periods will be the entirety of one post in the rules thread.

If utterly nothing's wrong, then GCeA is good to go in PxR!...Unless you also want to run through the GM's handbook for GCeA by us as well...

FEAR THE MOODY BIDOOF!!!

Last edited by Latio-Nytro; 06-04-2013 at 09:50 PM.
Old 06-02-2013, 10:10 PM
Eevee trainer Offline

Psssst. Latioooo. Move the title for "The Forms" out of the spoiler tag. XD

I'm sorry, but I keep forgetting what that spoiler tag is... XD; You don't have to if the forms will not be in a spoiler tag in the official GCEA though.

Pearl FC- 4984-8127-7088 | SoulSilver FC- 1763-4967-6519 | Black FC- 0991-1240-1790
Old 06-03-2013, 01:02 AM
Judge Dredd Offline
Master of Shadows

okay a few ways to earn extra points

Basic Ways
Battles/Gym Battles
Posting

New Ways/ Suggestions
*Selling a found Item
*Stealing Money / Possible Evil Character ---
*Journal Entries
*Sketch Book Entries
*Trainer Card Style and Updated at the end of the week
*Sprite Contest
*Short Stories Contest

*Double Point Days once or twice of week/ or once every two weeks
* Possible Triple Point Days on Holidays

Going to be a double post here

Dragonair: 33054
Dragonite: 33129
Level100: 33264

GCEA Link Page Pokemon Evolution List

Old 06-03-2013, 01:19 AM
Eevee trainer Offline

Quote:
okay a few ways to earn extra points

Basic Ways
Battles/Gym Battles
Posting

New Ways/ Suggestions
*Selling a found Item
*Stealing Money / Possible Evil Character ---
*Journal Entries
*Sketch Book Entries
*Trainer Card Style and Updated at the end of the week
*Sprite Contest
*Short Stories Contest

*Double Point Days once or twice of week/ or once every two weeks
* Possible Triple Point Days on Holidays

Going to be a double post here
The traditional methods of earning points are a-okay. XD

I like the suggestions! However the stealing of money is interesting (and will likely scare players XD). If a players points are stolen, perhaps an opportunity to get their points back should be available? Such as a battle for said points?

As for Trainer Card Style. Are you talking about the tidiness of the trainer cards or do you mean if the players have one of these?

Old 06-03-2013, 01:31 AM
Latio-Nytro Offline

I think he meant the tidiness.

FEAR THE MOODY BIDOOF!!!
Old 06-03-2013, 01:32 AM
Judge Dredd Offline
Master of Shadows

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eevee trainer View Post
The traditional methods of earning points are a-okay. XD

I like the suggestions! However the stealing of money is interesting (and will likely scare players XD). If a players points are stolen, perhaps an opportunity to get their points back should be available? Such as a battle for said points?

As for Trainer Card Style. Are you talking about the tidiness of the trainer cards or do you mean if the players have one of these?

I meant stealing points form the NPC.. sorry I should have stated that.

Im still going through the rules.

I guess I meant, Updated Cards. We really need to focus on trainer cards being updated.

Old 06-03-2013, 01:46 AM
Eevee trainer Offline

Quote:
Originally Posted by Latio-Nytro View Post
I think he meant the tidiness.
Quote:
I meant stealing points form the NPC.. sorry I should have stated that.

Im still going through the rules.

I guess I meant, Updated Cards. We really need to focus on trainer cards being updated.
Ahhhh, I took that too literally. XD;

But I agree that the cards need to be updated as we had a problem with points recently, I believe.

It'd be a good reward for players that are doing their best to keep up with their points though. c: Maybe have Sunday night be check up day on the trainer stats?

Old 06-03-2013, 02:47 AM
Judge Dredd Offline
Master of Shadows

okay I read through the rules and they are looking good. I addressed some my thought. I only had minor problems. Egg picks up and such

Based on the region they pick i will create a list of possible eggs..
I will say that no every pokemon will be available as an egg.

Old 06-03-2013, 02:52 AM
Eevee trainer Offline

Quote:
okay I read through the rules and they are looking good. I addressed some my thought. I only had minor problems. Egg picks up and such

Based on the region they pick i will create a list of possible eggs..
I will say that no every pokemon will be available as an egg.
I agree, mostly as we shouldn't just make this game easy for the players, but for the mods as well. XD Having a number for each Pokemon (especially if we'll have over 700 after X and Y are released...) it'll be a bit difficult for mods to generate the Pokemon and give them each their own individual values.

Edit:

@Latio:

Judge and I have been discussing the rules and a new rule came to mind about activity.

With activity, anyone missing after a certain amount of time (not sure how long yet) will have their characters left at a certain location (and will be written by a mod).

However, if the players knows they're leaving, then they should do the following:
1.) State in the Club their absence.
2.) Make a post detailing their character leaving the group.
3.) Write in their trainer stats where the character was left at. (This is so that if they player comes back and wish to rejoin that they will remember where they left off at.)

If the players don't do it themselves, then a mod will complete the above for the player.

This is to avoid dragging characters around and makes it easier on the mods.

Last edited by Eevee trainer; 06-03-2013 at 03:20 AM.
Old 06-04-2013, 07:05 PM
Latio-Nytro Offline

Sorry for taking so long to repsond.

I'll add in those in the tenth and hopefully final revision of GCeA.

But before I do that, one more thing: In the last few games, there have been Psychics under Player control, typically very minor: Thanks to Markus, Gold, Spinel (both her Gold persona and her Red Persona), Yellow and Lee all being Minor Psychics in some manner, to say nothing of Max/Dredd, I was thinking that there should be a rule on Minor Psychics. Obviously among those is that you have to actually ask a GM and have him approve, and plot out power progression for the GM. I'm only bringing this up because almost all of those Psychics have extreme plot importance tied to their power, and if I'm guessing right, Dredd's going to make another appearance. Or at least someone like Dredd. (I wouldn't use the same name even if it was Dredd, FYI. It's very cool and very appropriate, but when one of the GMs is Judge Dredd, well...)

Granted, the existence of Psychics at all in the PxR versions of GCeA isn't exactly a must, much less PC Psychics, but considering that some of the plot is tied to their powers (and again, Dredd's likely to reappear in some manner), I had to at least point that out.

FEAR THE MOODY BIDOOF!!!
Old 06-04-2013, 08:03 PM
Eevee trainer Offline

Quote:
Sorry for taking so long to repsond.

I'll add in those in the tenth and hopefully final revision of GCeA.

But before I do that, one more thing: In the last few games, there have been Psychics under Player control, typically very minor: Thanks to Markus, Gold, Spinel (both her Gold persona and her Red Persona), Yellow and Lee all being Minor Psychics in some manner, to say nothing of Max/Dredd, I was thinking that there should be a rule on Minor Psychics. Obviously among those is that you have to actually ask a GM and have him approve, and plot out power progression for the GM. I'm only bringing this up because almost all of those Psychics have extreme plot importance tied to their power, and if I'm guessing right, Dredd's going to make another appearance. Or at least someone like Dredd. (I wouldn't use the same name even if it was Dredd, FYI. It's very cool and very appropriate, but when one of the GMs is Judge Dredd, well...)

Granted, the existence of Psychics at all in the PxR versions of GCeA isn't exactly a must, much less PC Psychics, but considering that some of the plot is tied to their powers (and again, Dredd's likely to reappear in some manner), I had to at least point that out.
I agree with this especially as some younger players may want to go over board with their powers. Doing so would cause the game to become unfavorable for others.

As for the revisions, I have also asked Char to come by and look over the rules for her opinion as a last set of fresh eyes. Just a heads up.

I also would like to get all three of us into the xat chat one last time to go over all of the rules and for Judge's final verdict on the rules. Just so that if we have any misunderstandings and the like, then we could quickly get everything squared away and finished up.

I do believe Judge is currently discussing GCEA with someone on PXR to make all of the GCEA threads a separate subsection.

Lastly, this is what the banner looks like thus far for the GCEA pages and I would like some feedback.

I am planning on making the banner longer and a wee bit taller to make the banner less cluttered. (Also, there's a white block around "Red" because we don't know which versions are being done and is a typical place holder until then.) I also plan on making the background color match the Pokemon version's color. (If it was Red version, there'll be a red background, etc...) I also need to touch up the line art a little bit, too. But, this is how far it is at the moment.

Spoiler:

Last edited by Eevee trainer; 06-04-2013 at 08:06 PM.
Old 06-04-2013, 08:38 PM
Latio-Nytro Offline

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eevee trainer View Post
I agree with this especially as some younger players may want to go over board with their powers. Doing so would cause the game to become unfavorable for others.

As for the revisions, I have also asked Char to come by and look over the rules for her opinion as a last set of fresh eyes. Just a heads up.

I also would like to get all three of us into the xat chat one last time to go over all of the rules and for Judge's final verdict on the rules. Just so that if we have any misunderstandings and the like, then we could quickly get everything squared away and finished up.

I do believe Judge is currently discussing GCEA with someone on PXR to make all of the GCEA threads a separate subsection.

Lastly, this is what the banner looks like thus far for the GCEA pages and I would like some feedback.

I am planning on making the banner longer and a wee bit taller to make the banner less cluttered. (Also, there's a white block around "Red" because we don't know which versions are being done and is a typical place holder until then.) I also plan on making the background color match the Pokemon version's color. (If it was Red version, there'll be a red background, etc...) I also need to touch up the line art a little bit, too. But, this is how far it is at the moment.

Spoiler:

I'm down with Char's overlook and the XAT chat thing, I guess, after I get the tenth and actually final revision of the GCeA rules done. I guess I'll be the one stating the rules to you and JD, because really, I did do the edits and add them in.

Double agree on what you said, though I didn't really think of it that way.

As for formatting everything as a separate section in the forums, I am so totally down with that, but one small question: what's his username? I haven't seen him on PxR yet (that I am aware of).

I'll get cracking on edits again.

EDIT: Done with the edits. I added a new section devoted to the RPing aspect, including a rule on Legends having to be befriended in the story before being capture at all, a few rules on Psychics, several rules on stuff that wind up being issues in all RPs (Trolling, Godmodding, ect). If there's anything that needs to be done to it, please tell me.

FEAR THE MOODY BIDOOF!!!

Last edited by Latio-Nytro; 06-04-2013 at 10:17 PM.
Old 06-04-2013, 10:18 PM
Eevee trainer Offline

Quote:
I'm down with Char's overlook and the XAT chat thing, I guess, after I get the tenth and actually final revision of the GCeA rules done. I guess I'll be the one stating the rules to you and JD, because really, I did do the edits and add them in.

Double agree on what you said, though I didn't really think of it that way.

As for formatting everything as a separate section in the forums, I am so totally down with that, but one small question: what's his username? I haven't seen him on PxR yet (that I am aware of).

I'll get cracking on edits again.
I'm afraid I don't understand what you mean by "stating the rules" to JD and I. Sorry, I just can't understand it. XD;

I thought the XAT idea would be good so that we don't have to keep waiting for days at a time for each other to respond, but rather have everything squared away in a chat within an hour or something. As for Char, she's actually played the game as well, so I felt that she may see some points to be brought up that we may have missed.

Sorry for giving you so many revisions. :c

As for the powers, I've RP'd with a LOT of younger kids back in my day. (Neopets wasn't the best place for RPs, lol.) And, if there was one thing that was unfavorable for older players, it was overpowered characters. As such, it is of the utmost importance to prevent that within GCEA and that the game remains fair and fun for everyone.

Abilities that don't affect others too much or at all are really the best and acceptable in my opinion. (Like, being a good cook.) Otherwise, there'll need to be approval for other abilities. (Such as talking to Pokemon, visions of the future, etc...)

I'm not trying to be hard on those with abilities, they're fine in my book. I just want it all to be fair and fun as I've seen many a RP turn south because of this.

Honestly, it's for the best that it's all a subforum. Just 'cause you could view all the GCEAs, shops, contests, etc... in one place. As for JD joining PXR, he just joined two nights ago. The username is Achilles on there, he's in my friends list.

What I'm really confused about is where are we going to put the GCEA poll for everyone to see? XD

Edit:

@Latio: I like the RP rules you have added. (And, the added celebratory Birthday Pokemon for the players. c: )

I looked over all the rules, and, unless JD disapproves of any, I find that everything's ready to go on your part.

Last edited by Eevee trainer; 06-05-2013 at 12:39 AM.