Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Other Boards » Groups/Clubs

Groups/Clubs Start a Pokemon or non-Pokemon related Group/Club for your favorite topic. Whether it's a group/club for one of the good guys like Ash, Misty, or Brock, to the villains like Team Rocket, Team Magma, and Team Aqua. Your group can be whatever you want.

Old 05-30-2013, 11:22 PM
Eevee trainer Offline

Default Re: Gotta catch em' all !: Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by Latio-Nytro View Post
I've made the changes to revision number six.

For the record, if we're including abilities-at all-I advise adding the existence of those rules to the actual rules, even if they're not popping up immediately. No surprises. Keep it as an unlockable after reaching a certain badge count (like, two), and, above all else, ALERT PEOPLE THAT THEY EXIST. What the specific abilities are do not have to be listed, but that they exist-or will exist-HAS TO!

I have to stress it.

On another note, again, if anyone else notices any errors, please alert me.
I'll look at those revisions in a bit. c:

As for the abilities, I was thinking that it could be added into the second GCEA that would be made on the forums. Just so that when it's first introduced to PXR, the forum members can first know the game itself without more mechanics (Shadow Pokemon in itself is already quite an interesting mechanic. Albeit, it's also easier to get confused about in regards to keeping track of which Pokemon is a Shadow with their trainer logs.)

Basically, it's imperative to just introduce the game and see the reaction it gets from its new revisions. If a lot of people enjoyed GCEA and wished for new mechanics to be introduced, then abilities would be for the second expansion. (Much like how Pokemon eggs were in Gold and Silver but not in Red and Blue.)

This is just my personal opinion on it. The mechanic would be cool and interesting, but part of me wants to see it used down the road, you know what I mean?

Now, to refocus on the rules; will we have a template or example on how other players should make their trainer cards (the link to the stats) look? I personally think a template should be available to newcomers as it actually took me a while to make my own stats. XD

Also, will there be any rules stated on the Pokemon Eggs? Will they stay?

|.:Art Gallery:.|.:.|.:Battle Log:.|
|.:My once trade thread:.|
Pearl FC- 4984-8127-7088 | SoulSilver FC- 1763-4967-6519 | Black FC- 0991-1240-1790
Old 05-31-2013, 01:20 AM
Latio-Nytro Offline

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eevee trainer View Post
I'll look at those revisions in a bit. c:

As for the abilities, I was thinking that it could be added into the second GCEA that would be made on the forums. Just so that when it's first introduced to PXR, the forum members can first know the game itself without more mechanics (Shadow Pokemon in itself is already quite an interesting mechanic. Albeit, it's also easier to get confused about in regards to keeping track of which Pokemon is a Shadow with their trainer logs.)

Basically, it's imperative to just introduce the game and see the reaction it gets from its new revisions. If a lot of people enjoyed GCEA and wished for new mechanics to be introduced, then abilities would be for the second expansion. (Much like how Pokemon eggs were in Gold and Silver but not in Red and Blue.)

This is just my personal opinion on it. The mechanic would be cool and interesting, but part of me wants to see it used down the road, you know what I mean?

Now, to refocus on the rules; will we have a template or example on how other players should make their trainer cards (the link to the stats) look? I personally think a template should be available to newcomers as it actually took me a while to make my own stats. XD

Also, will there be any rules stated on the Pokemon Eggs? Will they stay?
A template would be done in the Trainer card section, not the general rules, but yes, there will be one. I'll make it as well.

Eggs won't stay unless JD pushes. In all honesty, unless there's something better than just 'awesome Kanto Pokemon in Johto' in it, I'd kill it for the first run. The second run, I think that'll come back, with Pokemon guarenteed to have abilities as the real incentive to have hatched Eggs.

Houndour@4051: Hatch@4066, Houndoom@4123, Level100@4351.

The Nonexistant White Nuzlocke! BEHOLD IT AND DESPAIR!

FEAR THE MOODY BIDOOF!!!
Old 05-31-2013, 01:55 AM
Eevee trainer Offline

Quote:
A template would be done in the Trainer card section, not the general rules, but yes, there will be one. I'll make it as well.

Eggs won't stay unless JD pushes. In all honesty, unless there's something better than just 'awesome Kanto Pokemon in Johto' in it, I'd kill it for the first run. The second run, I think that'll come back, with Pokemon guarenteed to have abilities as the real incentive to have hatched Eggs.
I recognize it wouldn't be in the rules, but the question had to be asked nonetheless. XD

What a pity, I actually really liked the egg idea! As for the whole "awesome Kanto Pokemon in Johto" not quite! It may actually be useful for those starting out. For example, for myself I chose Cyndaquil and received a Staryu egg, so it covered some of Cyndaquil's weaknesses as a starter. Personally, I'd like for it to stay as it could be a mechanic in essentially any GCEA and it's already set up, somewhat.

Just like with the abilities, it's all up to JD. He has a lot to approve of at the moment. XD;

Pearl FC- 4984-8127-7088 | SoulSilver FC- 1763-4967-6519 | Black FC- 0991-1240-1790
Old 05-31-2013, 04:11 AM
Judge Dredd Offline
Master of Shadows

Quote:
I've made the changes to revision number six.

For the record, if we're including abilities-at all-I advise adding the existence of those rules to the actual rules, even if they're not popping up immediately. No surprises. Keep it as an unlockable after reaching a certain badge count (like, two), and, above all else, ALERT PEOPLE THAT THEY EXIST. What the specific abilities are do not have to be listed, but that they exist-or will exist-HAS TO!

I have to stress it.

On another note, again, if anyone else notices any errors, please alert me.

Okay Eggs will stay but will be toned down. In Gold and Silver I gave away a ton of eggs, I think the eggs went over well. The biggest problem was time frame on when and how to hatch them. Maybe the eggs in the future should come with a date. Then based on a ranking of common, Uncommon , Rare and Super Rare. They would be able to find a date. The egg would be given a pick up date and a hatch date or ranking so they would know when it could hatch.

I agree with the trainer Card Template. I tried to edit most cards myself but something that can copy and paste would be good to start.

I still dont feel Abilities should be added. For now we should focus on finishing the rules.

Eevee if you have the time, Id like a list of all the threads that should be created.

Also, the voting poll as to which region should be posted will go up this weekend.

OH and Eevee are you still working on the logo ?

Dragonair: 33054
Dragonite: 33129
Level100: 33264

GCEA Link Page Pokemon Evolution List

Old 05-31-2013, 04:50 AM
Eevee trainer Offline

Quote:
Originally Posted by Judge Dredd View Post
Okay Eggs will stay but will be toned down. In Gold and Silver I gave away a ton of eggs, I think the eggs went over well. The biggest problem was time frame on when and how to hatch them. Maybe the eggs in the future should come with a date. Then based on a ranking of common, Uncommon , Rare and Super Rare. They would be able to find a date. The egg would be given a pick up date and a hatch date or ranking so they would know when it could hatch.

I agree with the trainer Card Template. I tried to edit most cards myself but something that can copy and paste would be good to start.

I still dont feel Abilities should be added. For now we should focus on finishing the rules.

Eevee if you have the time, Id like a list of all the threads that should be created.

Also, the voting poll as to which region should be posted will go up this weekend.

OH and Eevee are you still working on the logo ?
How about instead of the eggs hatching on a date that they hatch within a number of posts? Like, say it takes 30 posts to hatch a player's egg.

Not only does it give the players room to type out a post of their egg hatching, but they'll know ahead of time how long it'll take to hatch the egg. Plus, they could record how many posts left until it hatches in their post header or trainer stats? In addition, it would help promote players to post more as they'd have something to look forward to in the x number of posts to hatch their eggs.

Agreed, it'd just be simpler and more organized that way. XD

A list? Well, it depends on how much will be fit into the rules page. This is what I'm assuming thus far as a bare minimum:

-The GCEA games themselves (and the rules)
-Trainer Stats
-GCEA Club

This is what's optional so far:
-Tracy's Sketch Pad (or a variation of such)
-GCEA Journal
-GCEA Lottery
-GCEA Writing center (for Writing contests or any other variation of)
-Egg Adoption Center

I feel as if the Egg Adoption Center thread should probably be cut, however. The reason why is that, I feel as if the mods could just assign the eggs to characters in game (much like how Pokemon are released for the players to catch) and could save a thread doing so. However, it would need to be written into the rules as well.

For instance, a post would go like this:

Spoiler:

After only a few minutes, Cybil came across a strange object, but it wasn't just any object! It seemed like a Pokemon egg! However, she doesn't have a clue as to what Pokemon it'll hatch into.

(Hatches in 25 posts.)

Congratulations, Cybil found an egg! Be sure to record this in your trainer stats!

dkfjsdfjksdjf- OH, SO SORRY. I'LL START THAT ASAP TOMORROW, I PROMISE. I'm still doing the Unowns spelling out GCEA, right???

Also, if we go that route, I'm going to draw the Unowns up, but I'll completely finish the banners when the winning poll is announced so that I may color the banner twice for the versions respective color's.

Last edited by Eevee trainer; 05-31-2013 at 05:13 AM.
Old 05-31-2013, 07:32 PM
Latio-Nytro Offline

Quote:
How about instead of the eggs hatching on a date that they hatch within a number of posts? Like, say it takes 30 posts to hatch a player's egg.

Not only does it give the players room to type out a post of their egg hatching, but they'll know ahead of time how long it'll take to hatch the egg. Plus, they could record how many posts left until it hatches in their post header or trainer stats? In addition, it would help promote players to post more as they'd have something to look forward to in the x number of posts to hatch their eggs.

Agreed, it'd just be simpler and more organized that way. XD

A list? Well, it depends on how much will be fit into the rules page. This is what I'm assuming thus far as a bare minimum:

-The GCEA games themselves (and the rules)
-Trainer Stats
-GCEA Club

This is what's optional so far:
-Tracy's Sketch Pad (or a variation of such)
-GCEA Journal
-GCEA Lottery
-GCEA Writing center (for Writing contests or any other variation of)
-Egg Adoption Center

I feel as if the Egg Adoption Center thread should probably be cut, however. The reason why is that, I feel as if the mods could just assign the eggs to characters in game (much like how Pokemon are released for the players to catch) and could save a thread doing so. However, it would need to be written into the rules as well.

For instance, a post would go like this:

Spoiler:

After only a few minutes, Cybil came across a strange object, but it wasn't just any object! It seemed like a Pokemon egg! However, she doesn't have a clue as to what Pokemon it'll hatch into.

(Hatches in 25 posts.)

Congratulations, Cybil found an egg! Be sure to record this in your trainer stats!

dkfjsdfjksdjf- OH, SO SORRY. I'LL START THAT ASAP TOMORROW, I PROMISE. I'm still doing the Unowns spelling out GCEA, right???

Also, if we go that route, I'm going to draw the Unowns up, but I'll completely finish the banners when the winning poll is announced so that I may color the banner twice for the versions respective color's.
I guess the post mechanic (Pokemon auto-hatch after X amount of posts) might work...Though that will mean the eggs will have to be rewards; if the eggs are free, then whatever Pokemon within is also free (because you pay nothing to hatch them). That being said, as a 'start-game promotion,' (or again, strictly a reward), that's almost perfect.

I do agree with the Egg Adoption Center being sent to die in a pit, however. GMs can easily weave in the find of an egg into the story.

Abilities will not be added in the first iteration of GCeA in PxR, period. I see no need to 'surprise' people with their inclusion midway-if they WILL exist but will be reserved for when everyone else has a fair amount of badges, then the rules will be added NOW to avoid confusion down the road. Otherwise, I'll just go with Judge Dredd this time. :P I still do want them, though.

I'll add a small section for Eggs to what will hopefully be the eighth and final revision of the rules of GCeA. After that is done, we'll finally start setting up shop in PxR and leave here for good, if it's all ready to go.

FEAR THE MOODY BIDOOF!!!
Old 05-31-2013, 08:09 PM
Eevee trainer Offline

Quote:
I guess the post mechanic (Pokemon auto-hatch after X amount of posts) might work...Though that will mean the eggs will have to be rewards; if the eggs are free, then whatever Pokemon within is also free (because you pay nothing to hatch them). That being said, as a 'start-game promotion,' (or again, strictly a reward), that's almost perfect.

I do agree with the Egg Adoption Center being sent to die in a pit, however. GMs can easily weave in the find of an egg into the story.

Abilities will not be added in the first iteration of GCeA in PxR, period. I see no need to 'surprise' people with their inclusion midway-if they WILL exist but will be reserved for when everyone else has a fair amount of badges, then the rules will be added NOW to avoid confusion down the road. Otherwise, I'll just go with Judge Dredd this time. :P I still do want them, though.

I'll add a small section for Eggs to what will hopefully be the eighth and final revision of the rules of GCeA. After that is done, we'll finally start setting up shop in PxR and leave here for good, if it's all ready to go.
As a reward... I think it'd be a nice promotion for the start of the game. I'd also like to see it as maybe a gym reward. I've also thought that if the player really wanted to, they could buy an egg with their points and still have to post for it to hatch, but I think the egg mechanic is up in the air.

Even then, if the GMs wanted to have eggs to be found by the players, then I suppose a player could pay in points to find the egg as they would to capture a wild Pokemon.

Agreed, there's no real point to have the thread if the GMs could write them in, really. It'd save time to just have them apart of the rules, too.

If we have the choice between having them later or not. Then, I choose not. Once the ball gets going for GCEA in the other forum, and the new players wish to see more mechanics in the game, then we'll see about it for the second one.

Hopefully, it will be the last revision! XD For the last one, I'm going to have a friend or a sibling read it and see if they understand it. If they do, then I think it passes. If not, then I'll just ask them what confused them and go from there.

Old 06-01-2013, 01:43 PM
Latio-Nytro Offline

I've made the edits to the rules. Here's hoping there isn't a need for revision number nine, and we can get over to PxR and actually do stuff over there.

FEAR THE MOODY BIDOOF!!!
Old 06-01-2013, 07:34 PM
Eevee trainer Offline

Pokemon Battling:

The Indent html coding is broken in the battling form.

“Result: Hydro the Crocanaw has fainted from Knockout,” should be under the first example (with a paragraph gap in between the example and the results). You should also add the “Link to Stats” to the first example, having it missing in one example and there in another would create confusion and make it seem optional when it was already stated as mandatory.

Move “Result: Fang the Raticate has been…” to after the link to the stats with a paragraph gap in between the example and the results.

Tag team battles should be mentioned in this section as you mention them later on in the League Battling section.

Shadow Pokemon and Purification:

9.) Just change “There’s form for this.” to “Here is the purification form:”

Otherwise, that sections is good to go!

Pokemon Eggs

My first time viewing the section, and I really liked the idea of the NPV times 2 to determine how many posts it’d take to hatch the given egg.

It may be a good idea to have players take links from when they get the egg and have it in the trainer stats so that they won’t have to go looking for it later. It’ll be more organized this way, I think.

The Forms:

Just move “The Forms” outside of the spoiler tag.

With that, if you fix all of the above, then I think all the revisions are done! :D

Old 06-01-2013, 08:10 PM
Latio-Nytro Offline

Quote:
Pokemon Battling:

The Indent html coding is broken in the battling form.

“Result: Hydro the Crocanaw has fainted from Knockout,” should be under the first example (with a paragraph gap in between the example and the results). You should also add the “Link to Stats” to the first example, having it missing in one example and there in another would create confusion and make it seem optional when it was already stated as mandatory.

Move “Result: Fang the Raticate has been…” to after the link to the stats with a paragraph gap in between the example and the results.
...I should explain that was intentional. I mean, do you really think adding a link to EVERY last form you make for battles is really efficiant and simple? You only need one link and one small thing on results at the bottom. I added a paragraph to try to prevent any confusion, but I really screwed this up if that was misread. :P

-1 for Latio...

Quote:
Tag team battles should be mentioned in this section as you mention them later on in the League Battling section.

Shadow Pokemon and Purification:

9.) Just change “There’s form for this.” to “Here is the purification form:”

Otherwise, that sections is good to go!

Pokemon Eggs

My first time viewing the section, and I really liked the idea of the NPV times 2 to determine how many posts it’d take to hatch the given egg.

It may be a good idea to have players take links from when they get the egg and have it in the trainer stats so that they won’t have to go looking for it later. It’ll be more organized this way, I think.

The Forms:

Just move “The Forms” outside of the spoiler tag.

With that, if you fix all of the above, then I think all the revisions are done! :D
I'll get cracking on the edits I have to make (especially on the battling forms to make sure everyone knows there should only be one Result section and one Link to the Stats.). Thanks for all the help. :D Seriously, you've been awesome enough to deserve a Cookie. *Gives Eevee a Cookie*

FEAR THE MOODY BIDOOF!!!
Old 06-01-2013, 08:58 PM
Eevee trainer Offline

Quote:
...I should explain that was intentional. I mean, do you really think adding a link to EVERY last form you make for battles is really efficiant and simple? You only need one link and one small thing on results at the bottom. I added a paragraph to try to prevent any confusion, but I really screwed this up if that was misread. :P

-1 for Latio...

I'll get cracking on the edits I have to make (especially on the battling forms to make sure everyone knows there should only be one Result section and one Link to the Stats.). Thanks for all the help. :D Seriously, you've been awesome enough to deserve a Cookie. *Gives Eevee a Cookie*
To be honest, I'd just start to copy and paste the "Link to stats" to every form, but that's just me. XD

As for the results. I personally think it'd be cleaner that way. Mostly because you've got the top example, you read through it, OK, then you read through the second one, OK, and then you've got the results for Croconaw out of no where. I got confused and actually forgot that he was in the first example. XD;

That's why I felt that the results for Croconaw could just be moved under the first example. XD I'm not sure if it'd just be me or not, really. :P

Anytime! And, thanks for yours? XD But, seriously, if you guys need more help, I'll be more than happy to do so. (It'll be a long summer of me doing a whole lot of nothing, really. x_x)

Old 06-01-2013, 10:43 PM
Judge Dredd Offline
Master of Shadows

Okay, here is a couple responses

Eggs hatching with a certain amount of posts is a great idea. Its really more simple. Having an egg adoption store, a market and lottery place would be good as links with in the story.
For example

The team Arrives in goldenrod city. In Goldenrod you can visit Market Place, Egg Adoption or Lottery Building.

Now this is going to sound strange but those will each be different threads. Think about it kinda like they have the WFL set up. People would be able to go their and fill out a form for whatever.

I know this takes away from the story part, but remember this is more than an RPG.

Im thinking people will need to buy pokeballs too... The price would be kinda low for basic balls.

2nd

The Logo should be made up of the Unowns

3rd
Abilities can be talked about in the future but!!! how they work would have to change. This is a later conversation.

4th.
I am planning to break everything down in the main thread. So that someone could just click a link on how to battle and they would get an easy explanation.

5th I agree with having others read through. Its important that its not too wordy.

6th
Mods of the thread will have to be given a rule guide of how it works. I will be using the same random number generator used for the WFL in GCEA. I would like this to help determine pokemon appearances. I know that sounds complicated buy its not so bad.
Thoughts on the number generator ?

For eggs, the number generator will be used. Also, as far as hatching the eggs goes. If a certain amount of steps is needed then we need to decide.

It could be something like double its starting points. So a level 5 pokemon would take ten posts to hatch. Im thinking we should also take from urgp and go with time frames.

Common pokemon can hatch the same day, Uncommon pokemon 2 days, Rare 3 days and Super Rare 4 days.

Is that to much ?

Old 06-02-2013, 12:56 AM
Latio-Nytro Offline

Quote:
Okay, here is a couple responses

Eggs hatching with a certain amount of posts is a great idea. Its really more simple. Having an egg adoption store, a market and lottery place would be good as links with in the story.
For example

The team Arrives in goldenrod city. In Goldenrod you can visit Market Place, Egg Adoption or Lottery Building.

Now this is going to sound strange but those will each be different threads. Think about it kinda like they have the WFL set up. People would be able to go their and fill out a form for whatever.

I know this takes away from the story part, but remember this is more than an RPG.

Couldn't you just buy them just like you buy Potions? That required no separate thread, that was in the story proper and didn't have any hitches to them. Think of Eggs just like that.

Im thinking people will need to buy pokeballs too... The price would be kinda low for basic balls.

I was going to weave in a story explanation for how posts=points. The original GCeA members were partaking in a Psychological experiment called 'the Rivalry experiment,' and as a part of volunteering, they'd make sure the entire journey was paid for and make sure Pokeball stocks never ran out for any reason. The reason behind the generosity is best called 'compensation,' due to the fact that if the hypothesis was correct, they'd be taking two good friends and turn them into mortal enemies, for all due intents and purposes (It's kind of based off of the Red/Blue Rivalry of the first games-Blue was explicitly stated to not be a jerk until recently when it started. The minds behind it are trying to figure out what happened there.).

2nd

The Logo should be made up of the Unowns

3rd
Abilities can be talked about in the future but!!! how they work would have to change. This is a later conversation.

We're not including them until the second iteration of GCeA. If you want them in the first iteration, TELL ME NOW SO WE CAN MAKE THE RULES NOW, and just restrict them so they don't appear until badge number two or something else reasonable. If you try to pop them up as a surprise, I will chew you out for it.

4th.
I am planning to break everything down in the main thread. So that someone could just click a link on how to battle and they would get an easy explanation.

As far as the rules thread would be concerned, all of the rules will be on the same thread, separated by posts. There isn't enough material in any of them to justify a full-blown thread for each of them. As far as formatting the rest, I'm all game with this.

5th I agree with having others read through. Its important that its not too wordy.

I like this as well.

6th
Mods of the thread will have to be given a rule guide of how it works. I will be using the same random number generator used for the WFL in GCEA. I would like this to help determine pokemon appearances. I know that sounds complicated buy its not so bad.
Thoughts on the number generator ?

YESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYES.

For eggs, the number generator will be used.

I'm separating this because it's important: In the rules, I stated that the Pokemon in the eggs will have their identity known to the player when they're obtained. The Pokemon in the Eggs can also be ANYTHING. Regional boundaries wouldn't be taken into account when doing these. You could have a Riolu in Kanto or a Torchic in Unova because of that.

Also, as far as hatching the eggs goes. If a certain amount of steps is needed then we need to decide.

It could be something like double its starting points. So a level 5 pokemon would take ten posts to hatch.

This is what me and Eevee already agreed upon and what's already in the edited version of the rules (which is taking the place of version six, which is a page back).

Im thinking we should also take from urgp and go with time frames.

Common pokemon can hatch the same day, Uncommon pokemon 2 days, Rare 3 days and Super Rare 4 days.

I'm not too fond of that idea, really. Let's just go with double the points.

Is that to much ?
My responses are bolded.

FEAR THE MOODY BIDOOF!!!
Old 06-02-2013, 01:05 AM
Judge Dredd Offline
Master of Shadows

Quote:
My responses are bolded.
I still need to see the final edit of the rules..

As far as breaking it down, if there is to much info the posts are going to need to be broken down to make it easier for people who are new to it.

Im also going to need to look over this idea before we start.

Remember I still need to look over this stuff before it goes on the final page.

Old 06-02-2013, 01:57 AM
Latio-Nytro Offline

Quote:
I still need to see the final edit of the rules..

As far as breaking it down, if there is to much info the posts are going to need to be broken down to make it easier for people who are new to it.

Im also going to need to look over this idea before we start.

Remember I still need to look over this stuff before it goes on the final page.
I've done so on the last page. The closest to the bottom of the page is the current version (though not officially the final version). As a whole, they take up more than one post if they're all crammed together. The content between the centered periods is one post, in case you're wondering how it would be formatted. Each section would be in the same thread, just divided by posts.

FEAR THE MOODY BIDOOF!!!