Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Pokemon RPG's » Anime-Style Battling League » ASB: Battles

ASB: Battles The main arena of the ASB League. The place where all the action happens. A place where you can see if all your hard work and well-earned cash will pay off in the place where trainers dreams and hopes can be made or broken

Closed Thread

Old 02-16-2013, 11:03 AM
eishiba Offline

Default Eishiba vs. Latio-Nytro

Single Battle; 2 Pokemon Each
DQ: 3 days
Cap: screw it.
Restrictions: No OHKO (Includes Destiny Bond and Perish Song); No Direct Recovery of HP (Including Leech Seed; Direct Energy Recovery (AKA Chilling) is still allowed)
Arena: Skybound Pillars: Exactly what it sounds like, stone pillars mysteriously floating in midair. Battlers duke it out on the biggest pillar, with a 20 meter radius and a quarter-mile height to go with it. There are also smaller pillars, ranging from 1 to 10 meters in radius and having varying heights.
Ref Style: Open.
Challenger makes the thread.

I shall start with my favorite and sadly one of the most outdated pokes ever!

Primeape (male) (shiny!!!!!)
Nickname: Happie
Ability: Intimidate
Tutored move:swords dance
Signature move:OverHead Throw
Spoiler:
Description: During this move, Mankey will move towards the opponent. At this point, its head is at the 12 o clock position. It leaps int the air and begins to do a front flip. When it gets half way through the flip, its head at the 6 o clock position, it uses its arm to grab the opponent by the head or shoulders, or whatever happens to be on top of the Pokemon. It continues in its front flip, now taking the opponent with it. The opponent swings as Mankey is flipping foreward. Once it comes all the way around and back into the 12 o clock position, it throws the opponent to the ground. For any Mortal Kombat fans, its the same throw that Kung Lao performs.
Type: Fighting Type
Base Power: 80BP
Accuracy:90%
Classification: Physical
Energy Modifier:18%
Effects: None.
Usage Gap: If it hits, it can only be used after two turns. During this time, the speed stat is reduced one stage. After the two turns has past, the move can be used again and the speed stat is restored. If it misses, due to landing on the ground upside down, damage is sustained by 1/8 of what the total damage would have been.

Last edited by eishiba; 02-16-2013 at 11:07 AM. Reason: cause im a noob and cant remember how to work everything
Old 02-20-2013, 06:07 AM
3m0d0ll Offline

Send a message via AIM to 3m0d0ll Send a message via Skype™ to 3m0d0ll
Default Re: Eishiba vs. Latio-Nytro

Latio-Nytro, you have 24-hours to post your moves or you will be disqualified.
Old 02-20-2013, 08:39 PM
Latio-Nytro Offline

OK, a Primeape. With what should I counter with?

Nidolord (Male Nidoking)
Poison Point
Sig Move: N/A
Tutor Move: N/A
Obtained from a Trade with Sammy for Foxi the Vulpix.

First action is Toxic. If it protects or Subs, use Hone Claws instead. If you're Taunted, use Mud Slap.

Second action is Hone Claws unless Toxic failed due to Protect and it's not using Protect, in which case, you'll use Toxic. If a Sub is up, use Fury Attack. If you're Taunted, use Mud Slap.

Toxic/Hone Claws/Mud Slap~Hone Claws/Toxic/Fury Attack/Mud Slap

Houndour@4051: Hatch@4066, Houndoom@4123, Level100@4351.

The Nonexistant White Nuzlocke! BEHOLD IT AND DESPAIR!

FEAR THE MOODY BIDOOF!!!
Old 02-21-2013, 01:50 PM
eishiba Offline

Sub@1%. Then use swords dance.

Sub@1%~swords dance
Old 03-08-2013, 09:03 PM
KantoBreeder Offline

I sat astride Azaghal, my Metagross as it rose the vertical quarter of a mile to the top of the pillar. When we got to the top, both trainers had already released their pokémon - eishiba had released a tough-looking monkey with long, puffy fur and thin, green arms and legs; the Primeape hopped up and down on the spot, waiting for the battle to begin so that he could attack his opponent. His opponent, Latio-Nytro’s chosen warrior, was a purple beast who had a long, pointy horn jutting out above his eyes; the Nidoking stamped on the ground impatiently - he was also eager for the battle to commence.

I saw no reason to delay any longer, so I blew my whistle and let the combatants get to it.

Round I

eishiba

[Happie] Primape (M)
Intimidate
HP: 100%
Energy: 100%
Condition: Eager to get going
Substitute ~ Swords Dance

Latio-Nytro

[Nidolord] Nidoking (M)
Posion Point
Energy: 100%
Condition: Impatient; -1 Attack
Hone Claws ~ Fury Attack

Happie began the battle, but not in the way I’d expected; normally a fighting-type will go straight on the offensive, but eishiba seemed to have decided that it would be better to give his monkey a decent defence first. The Primeape closed his eyes and began to focus, obviously a difficult job for such a hyperactive creature, but he did eventually manage to produce a ball of spinning white energy, which he managed to mould into his own shape. Then the energy seemed to condense, forming a solid, albeit frail, replica of its creator. The model was let down to the ground between Happie and his opponent to form a sort of protection for the monkey.

Nidolord watched this with some annoyance - he had intended to be going on the offensive now, but this was going to throw a spanner in the works. Still, it wasn’t like he didn’t have a backup plan. The beast began to scrape his claws against one another, making them shaper and working out any weaknesses that were present. I drummed my fingers on Azaghal’s head as I watched - this wasn’t the most interesting of things to analyse, but it would be very helpful to the Nidoking later in the battle.

His opponent wasn’t going to let him get such an advantage so easily though. The Primeape launched himself into a frenzy of action. Lunging, ducking, weaving and slashing, he paced around his half of the pillar going through a tightly memorised sequence of movements. I was surprised to see such discipline from a pokémon which is often used as an example of savagery - I suppose its just a sign of eishiba’s skill as a trainer.

Nidolord wasn’t paying that much attention to Happie’s training though. He had now decided that he was strong enough to go in for the fight, but first he had to remove the guardian that the monkey had created to protect himself. Putting his head down, he charged the living statue, slashing it across the face with his horn. As the substitute crumbled, he continued to charge, bearing down on Happie. Three swipes of the horn sent the Primeape stumbling away, screeching. The attack drew scratches across the top of his face - otherwise he wasn’t too badly harmed, only very angry.

eishiba

[Happie] Primeape (M)
Intimidate
HP: 90%
Energy: 96%
Condition: Angry and hurt; +2 Attack

Latio-Nytro

[Nidolord] Nidoking (M)
Poison Point
Energy: %
Condition: Ready to go for another round; +1 Accuracy

Battle Notes
Intimidate
Effect: Nidoking -1 Attack
Substitute
HP: Primeape -1%; Substitute +1%
Energy: Primeape -1%
Hone Claws
Effect: Nidoking +1 Attack, +1 Accuracy
Energy: Nidoking -4% Energy
Swords Dance
Effect: Primeape +2 Attack
Energy: Primeape -3% Energy
Fury Attack
Accuracy: 94, 38, 95, 37; 114 or less to hit
Effect: Rolled 2/8, hits four times
Critical: 4224, 9026, 143, 7047; 625 or less required
HP: Substitute -1% HP, breaks; Primeape -9% HP
Energy: Nidoking -5%

Arena Notes
Both pokémon are on the central pillar

Team Notes
eishiba
2 pokémon remaining
Latio-Nytro
2 pokémon remaining
Old 03-09-2013, 05:46 AM
eishiba Offline

sub@1% then if he uses a physical move, use counter, other wise use swords dance again, if you are taunted or tormented use earthquake.

sub@1%~counter/swords dance/earthquake
Old 03-09-2013, 11:58 PM
Latio-Nytro Offline

Use Fury attack, then use Hone Claws again.

Fury Attack~Hone Claws.

FEAR THE MOODY BIDOOF!!!
Old 03-10-2013, 05:51 AM
Neku Sakuraba Offline
Sound Garden

Send a message via AIM to Neku Sakuraba Send a message via Skype™ to Neku Sakuraba

II

[Happie] Primeape* (M)
Intimidate
HP: 90%
Energy: 96%
Condition: Angry and hurt; +2 Attack
Sub@1%~Swords Dance

[Nidolord] Nidoking (M)
Poison Point
Energy: 91%
Condition: Ready to go for another round; +1 Accuracy
Fury Attack~Hone Claws

The discolored primate did what he had done earlier. Happie had this time shed off some of his hair...fur...whatever, to create a replica of himself. However, it did not look complete, as eishiba and his pig noticed. So, Happie created a white sphere in his hands and tossed it at the fur, making it stand just like how it would normally, and the color is right! Well...maybe not quite right, seeing as how it is a little dull...
[Happie: -1% HP, -1% ENG, Sub: Created]

However, Nidolord did not care about what his foe was doing. All he wanted to do was CRUSH this little bugger and go home to his nice, soft...Poke Ball. Yeah. Sarcasm! The Nidoking launched himself at the monkey-pig, soon ramming into it. The clone dispersed, revealing the maker. This made Nidolord mad. Very mad. You do not make Nidoking mad. Fueled with rage, he rammed himself into the creature, making sure that is lesson was learned.
[Nidolord: -5% ENG, Sub: Broken!, Happie: -24% HP; CRIT!]
Effect: Rolled from 1 to 8. Result was 1.
Critical hit rolled a 288, where rolling 625 or less resulted in a critical hit.

Seeing as how the purple beast was enraged, Happie decided to stay far away from this beast. Faaaaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr away. So, this time, taking as much distance as he possibly could, he started to do a tribal dance which seemed to make him even stronger than he originally was! Oh no, wait--Oh yeah! The battle now begins!
[Happie: -3% ENG, +2ATK]

Seeing as how the monkey was backing away from him, Nidolord decided to calm down. But he couldn't stop thinking about how to crush this thing and get on with life. He was thinking...thinking...thinking about squashing this monkey, going home, and enjoying a nice cup of Berry Juice. However, he started to notice he was scraping his claws on a rock as he was thinking. Oh. Here's a new way to do it...
[Nidolord: -4% ENG, +1ATK, +1ACC]

Round End!

[Happie] Primeape* (M)
Ability: Intimidate
HP: 65%
Energy: 92%

[Nidolord] Nidoking (M)
Poison Point
Energy: 82%
Condition: Time to show who's dominant! {+2ACC, +1ATK}

Ref Notes:
-Not really much to say.

Latio-Nytro, your moves, please.

Links
Code:
Level 100: 3287 Proud Deviant of the PE2K Deviants
Have PesterChum for some reason? Contact me on it! (neonSound)
Old 03-10-2013, 01:11 PM
Latio-Nytro Offline

OK, we have a good edge in the HP department, and I want to keep it.

Any Physical Attack is to be met with a Counter, Nidolord-we'll make Happie pay for all those boosts he's got. If it creates a sub again, use Fury Attack again. Protect-or another iteration of Swords Dance-should lead you to use another Hone Claws. Against anything else (And/or if you are Taunted), use Poison Jab!

Counter/Fury Attack/Hone Claws/Poison Jab~Counter/Fury Attack/Hone Claws/Poison Jab

FEAR THE MOODY BIDOOF!!!
Old 03-20-2013, 12:43 AM
3m0d0ll Offline

Send a message via AIM to 3m0d0ll Send a message via Skype™ to 3m0d0ll

eishiba, you have 24 hours to post your moves or you will be disqualified.
Old 03-21-2013, 12:32 AM
eishiba Offline

Use Encore to leave him using hone claws. Then use earthquake.

Encore~Earthquake
Old 03-21-2013, 12:45 AM
Neku Sakuraba Offline
Sound Garden

Send a message via AIM to Neku Sakuraba Send a message via Skype™ to Neku Sakuraba

Claim. This should be up once I finish Micro's battle and my homework.

Links
Code:
Level 100: 3287 Proud Deviant of the PE2K Deviants
Have PesterChum for some reason? Contact me on it! (neonSound)
Old 05-24-2013, 01:38 PM
KantoBreeder Offline

Round III

eishiba

[Happie] Primape (M)
Intimidate
HP: 65%
Energy: 92%
Condition: Even more hurt, but even more angry; +4 Attack
Encore ~ Earthquake

Latio-Nytro

[Nidolord] Nidoking (M)
Poison Point
Energy: 82%
Condition: Time to show who’s dominant; +1 Attack, +2 Accuracy
Hone Claws ~ Counter

Seeing that Nidolord had found an alternative way of amusing himself, Happie decided that he should get him to continue doing that instead of beating his around like a rag doll. The furry pig-monkey began to applaud, praising his opponent for the sharpness of his claws. Nidolord, was a little unsure about this at first, but soon warmed to the flattery. Instead of listening to trainers orders, he continued to sharpen his claws - he could always use this as an advantage later on.

Happie, on the other hand, had had enough of being patient. He began to concentrate energy to his fist, making it glow with dark brown light. Swinging his arm in an arc, he struck the ground, making it shake and tremble. Unfortunately, the Primeape hadn’t thought this through very well - triggering an earthquake is not the best of ideas when you are suspended several feet hundred feet from the ground. Cracks appeared down the side of the pillar as it shook, showing that the attack had put done some severe damage. Nidolord was thrown off of his feet and his heavy body slammed into the ground. He picked himself up slowly - that had hurt,

The poison-pin pokémon had finished sharpening his claws, and had now realised that the threat posed by his opponent. As his rage began to return to him, he began to glow red and then, slowly at first, began to move towards Happie. Before long, he was charging at his top speed at the monkey, whose attempts to get out the way were unfortunately too slow. The Nidoking’s poisoned horns tore through the Primeape’s fur and skin, letting out thin streams of blood, and then threw him across the pillar, where he fell in a crumpled heap. Luckily, none of the poison had been absorbed, but that didn’t mean that this situation seemed almost hopeless to Happie, but who knows - maybe he could come up with something quickly enough to pull through.

eishiba

[Happie] Mankey (M)
Intimidate
HP: 31%
Energy: 68%
Condition: Beginning to think he’s bitten off more than he can chew; +4 Attack

Latio-Nytro

[Nidolord] Nidoking (M)
Poison Point
HP: 83%
Energy: 66%
Condition: Feeling dominant; +2 Attack, +3 Accuracy

Battle Notes
Encore
Effect: Rolled 1/4. Nidoking must use Hone Claws for one action
Energy: Mankey -10%
Hone Claws
Effect: Nidoking +1 Accuracy, +1 Attack
Energy: Nidoking -4%
Earthquake
Effect: The centre pillar is damaged
Critical: Rolled 5674/10000, 625 or less for critical
HP: Nidoking -17%
Energy: Mankey -14%
Counter
Effect: Rolled 8/10, 3 or less for poison
HP: Mankey -34%
Energy: Nidoking -12%
I wouldn’t recommend using Earthquake again

Arena Notes
The centre pillar is damaged (Roll 1-10 at the end of each round, if 1 then the pillar collapses).
9/10, no collapse

Team Notes
eishiba
2 pokémon remaining
Latio-Nytro
2 pokémon remaining