Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Other Boards » Groups/Clubs

Groups/Clubs Start a Pokemon or non-Pokemon related Group/Club for your favorite topic. Whether it's a group/club for one of the good guys like Ash, Misty, or Brock, to the villains like Team Rocket, Team Magma, and Team Aqua. Your group can be whatever you want.

Old 05-14-2013, 10:53 PM
Judge Dredd Offline
Master of Shadows

Default Re: Gotta catch em' all !: Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eevee trainer View Post
Do you mean like a sticky thread?

Also, Imma look the rules over in a little bit. I'll let ya know if something catches my eye. :3
He means a thread like the GCEA lins thread. How it is sticked. A thread that has a great explanation of how to play and links to all the stuff could be good. I was think of creating a GCEA thread, like that of the old LMSSI thread.

http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/foru...d.php?t=109760

Im planning for it to be something like that. With the links being set up in a more organized fashion.

Dragonair: 33054
Dragonite: 33129
Level100: 33264

GCEA Link Page Pokemon Evolution List

Old 05-14-2013, 11:44 PM
Charmander009 Offline
WFL Official

Send a message via AIM to Charmander009

@Lati: I was reading through what you have there, and I have a few suggestions. For the introduction, could we make it a little clearer on how to play? Reading the way you've written it now would leave me confused as a new potential player.

How about something like this:

Quote:
How to Play:

1.) Make your first post! State which starter you pick as well as the name of your Trainer.

2.) Once accepted by the Game Master, make a Trainer Card here.

3.) Earn points by making posts that contribute to the story! One point for every post--although making achievements may earn you extra points.

These points are your tickets to completing your Pokemon Journey. They will be used for catching Pokemon, evolving Pokemon, purifying Shadow Pokemon, or buying items. Points may even be used to help you get through a tough battle! You are responsible for keeping track of your own points.

In every post you make, you should include the following things:

Your Trainer's Name
Your Pokemon Party (And Status)
Your Location in the Story

Any questions you have should not be posted in the story thread, but in the Club found here. ALL FORUM RULES APPLY.
*Lati, in your version, you said certain Pokemon can give you bonus points, but I wasn't sure if you meant Pokemon you mean to capture or Pokemon you battled. Either way, they can easily go under "achievement", and you can explain the bonus point below.

I think the best way to tackle the beginning is to make it as simple and as easily readable as possible. The current format is just a little difficult to read. It's best to get right to the point and not be too wordy, so people can jump right in. I'd avoid using too many lists too close together.

Old 05-15-2013, 02:05 AM
Latio-Nytro Offline

Thanks for the suggestion, Char. I'll do a few edits accordingly.

I admit, I like being wordy. :P

Houndour@4051: Hatch@4066, Houndoom@4123, Level100@4351.

The Nonexistant White Nuzlocke! BEHOLD IT AND DESPAIR!

FEAR THE MOODY BIDOOF!!!
Old 05-15-2013, 02:09 AM
Eevee trainer Offline

Quote:
Originally Posted by Judge Dredd View Post
He means a thread like the GCEA lins thread. How it is sticked. A thread that has a great explanation of how to play and links to all the stuff could be good. I was think of creating a GCEA thread, like that of the old LMSSI thread.

http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/foru...d.php?t=109760

Im planning for it to be something like that. With the links being set up in a more organized fashion.
I like that a lot! It'll be more organized and broken down in chunks for people to read. And, then if they have questions, they'll be less likely to lose their place and the like. :3

...I remember that LMSSI thread, I miss it. :c

Edit: I agree with Char, if it's too wordy or too long. It tends to actually intimidate people and they would be less likely to bother. Making the beginning full of interest and straight to the point would get people to read it more.

....Then again, I can't say much about writing too much either. XD;

|.:Art Gallery:.|.:.|.:Battle Log:.|
|.:My once trade thread:.|
Pearl FC- 4984-8127-7088 | SoulSilver FC- 1763-4967-6519 | Black FC- 0991-1240-1790

Last edited by Eevee trainer; 05-15-2013 at 02:13 AM.
Old 05-15-2013, 07:57 AM
Eternal Moonlight Offline
The Luna Diviner

Send a message via AIM to Eternal Moonlight

*pops back in*

It's been a while, but I'll try my best to stay active on GCeA from now on! I will be posting soon ^^

Also, thanks for being patient with me!

So... Hi! ^^

{Activity will likely be off} {Paired with Sam }
Old 05-16-2013, 01:16 AM
Judge Dredd Offline
Master of Shadows

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eternal Moonlight View Post
*pops back in*

It's been a while, but I'll try my best to stay active on GCeA from now on! I will be posting soon ^^

Also, thanks for being patient with me!

So... Hi! ^^

Hey, its one big step

Old 05-16-2013, 09:24 PM
Eternal Moonlight Offline
The Luna Diviner

Send a message via AIM to Eternal Moonlight

It could be that I'm bent out of practice, but I can't think of a reason for Moon to go along with the others again, considering what her goal was. If anyone has idea, I'd really appreicate it. Thanks :3

/shot

{Activity will likely be off} {Paired with Sam }
Old 05-17-2013, 11:30 PM
Latio-Nytro Offline

Here's the second revision. I was editing this from the first revision I did, right in that post, if you care to look, but that's not really important.

In terms of formatting these for the new PxR thread...The stuff between the centered breaks-the centered periods-is the contents of one whole post.

How To Play/Rules

0) OBEY ALL FORUM RULES!! No flaming, trolling, spamming, ect. Aside from the consequences of the forum itself, disobeying these rules guarantee LARGE point deductions. YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED.

1) Post your trainer's name and your chosen starter in the thread.

2) Create a Trainer Card once the GM accepts your trainer request. You'll also need to update it consistently with your in-game stats. Find it here.

3) Earning points is done in a few ways. A post equals a point (unless you're breaking rules), so post often! There are also other things you can do to grab more points. Spending points is how you get ANYTHING and EVERYTHING done in GCeA. If you want to capture a Pokemon, Evolve it, Purify it, purchase items, or assist your battles, YOU NEED POINTS!!!

4) Questions are OK to ask! The rules can be confusing sometimes, so if you're new and are any bit confused by the rules, don't be afraid to ask questions! However, you should post them here.

5) All posts must come with a header, detailing your trainer name, the current status of your Party, and your amount of points (taking the post you're making into account). An example of the bare minimum is below:

Trainer Name
Names and Status of on-hand Pokemon (OK or KO?)
Amount of Points

Evolution and Level Ups

1) In order to evolve a Pokemon, you will first need to know what level it evolves at. Need help with that? Find evolutionary levels here. If you have enough points to match that level, you're golden! Just fill out the form below.

Pokemon You're Evolving:
Pokemon it Evolves Into:
Evolution Point Requirement:
Points On-Hand:
Points After Evolution:
Link to stats:

The Evolved Pokemon will take on the exact number of points you put into it: A Wartortle, for instance, which evolves at Level 16, will have 16 points. Adding a picture would also be great, but not required.

Here's an example:

Pokemon You're Evolving: Hydro the Totodile
Pokemon it Evolves Into: Crocanaw
Evolution Point Requirement: 18
Points On-Hand: 20
Points After Evolution: 2
Link to stats: *Insert link to Trainer Card Page here*

2) Some Pokemon have special evolutions with other rules to go with them.

-Evolutionary Stones can be used after you've gotten enough gym badges. Here's a list:

Moon Stones/King's Rocks: Can be used after you beat the 3rd gym.
Fire Stones/Metal Coats: Can be used after you beat the 4th gym.
Leaf Stone/Sun Stone: Can be used after you beat the 5th gym.
Water Stones/Dragon Scales: Can be used after you beat the 6th gym.
Thunder stone/Up-grades: Can be used after you beat the 7th gym.

Stone Evolutions for 1st to 2nd Stage Pokemon (or for TCG players, Basic stage to 1st stage) cost 35 Points and grants a 35 point Pokemon, while 2nd to 3rd Stage Pokemon (or for TCG players, 1st stage to 2nd stage) costs 45 points and grants a 45 point Pokemon.

-Trade Evolutions play by the same rules as Stone Evolutions: 1st to 2nd stage evolutions cost 35 Points and give you a 35 point Pokemon, while 2nd to 3rd stage evolutions cost 45 Points and give you a 45 point Pokemon.

-If it's both a trade and an item required, then it's 55 for 1st to 2nd, and 65 from 2nd to 3rd, and you get Pokemon of those respective amounts.

Golem, Politoed and Slowking are unlocked after beating the 3rd Gym. Politoed and Slowking require King's Rocks.
Steelix, Scizor and Gengar are unlocked after beating the 4th Gym. Steelix and Scizor require Metal Coats.
Kingdra and Machamp are unlocked after beating the 6th Gym. Kingdra requires a Dragon Scale.
Porygon2 and Alakazam are unlocked after beating the 7th Gym. Porygon2 requires an Up-Grade.

-Friendship Evolution's have varying costs, which, like before, will be their points in battle.

(Cost 30) Pikachu and Jigglybuff are unlocked after beating the 3rd Gym
(Cost 30) Clefairy and Togetic are unlocked after beating the 4th Gym
(Cost 40) Hitmonlee, Hitmonchan, Hitmontop, Umbreon and Espeon are unlocked after beating the 6th Gym*
(Cost 45) Crobat is unlocked after beating the 7th Gym
(Cost 60) Blissey is unlocked after beating the 8th Gym
*You must choose between the three Hitmons to evolve a Tyrouge into.

3) Once a Pokémon reaches its final stage of evolution, it can be leveled up. Without any badges, you can level up any Pokemon to its own level +10. Badges add a level ceiling-if you cannot meet the ceiling with ten level ups, you can level up your Pokemon to meet the ceiling. Each level gained is two points each.

Leveling Up a Pokemon

Pokemon being Leveled Up:
Level ups:
Resulting Level:
Points required:
Points on hand:
Points remaining:
Link:

Gym Prizes

1 Badge
(Pokemon level 1-25 will obey you)
(Final stage Pokemon can now be leveled up to 20 or their base level +10, whichever is higher.)

2 Bages
(Pokemon level 1-30 will obey you)
(Final stage Pokemon can now be leveled up to 25 or their base level +10, whichever is higher.)

3 Badges
(Pokemon level 1-32 will obey you)

4 Badges
(Pokemon level 1-35 will obey you)
(Final stage Pokemon can now be leveled up to 30 or their base level +10, whichever is higher.)

5 Badges
(Pokemon level 1-40 will obey you)

6 Badges
(Pokemon level 1-45 will obey you)
(Final stage Pokemon can now be leveled up to 40 or their base level +10, whichever is higher)

7 Badges
(Pokemon level 1-50 will obey you)
(final stage Pokemon can now be leveled up to 50 or their base level +10, whichever is higher)

8 Badges
(Pokemon level 1-100 will obey)
(Final stage Pokemon can be leveled up to level 60 or their base level +10, whichever is higher)

Wild Pokemon

1) ONLY This thread's Officials can post the appearance of wild Pokemon. (If you want to be an official for GCeA, contact one of the existing GMs.)

2) Each Pokemon will have a point value. If you don't have enough points, you can't capture it. You can still battle it if your Pokemon are OK, though.

3) Additionally, each wild Pokemon will also have a limit on how many people can challenge it. Therefore, the first people to challenge that Pokémon will get it. Everyone else will have to wait until it appears again. This applies to all Pokemon.

4) The difference between versions affects which Pokemon you can capture in that version. You can see which version exclusives exist here, if you don't know off the top of your head.

6) Freshly-caught Pokemon will be KO'd until you reach a Pokemon Center or a Healing Machine.

7) You do NOT need a conscious Pokemon to capture a Wild Pokemon, but only if you do not HAVE a conscious Pokemon in your party. There is no penalty for taking advantage of this rule.

8) When trying to capture a Pokemon, you will see the Point Value change if there is a Type Advantage or a Level advantage, or if items are used.

-In the case of the wild having a Type Advantage, The enemy Pokémon will gain a bonus equivalent to its own level, on the chart shown below. You cannot get a Type Advantage against a wild.

- If a wild Pokemon is under Lv. 10, there will be a +2 Type bonus.
- If a wild Pokemon is at or above Lv. 10 and below Lv. 30, there will be a +5 Type bonus.
- If a Wild Pokemon is at or above Lv. 30 and below Lv. 50, there will be a +7 Type bonus.
- If a Wild Pokemon is at or above Lv.50 and below Lv. 75, there will will be a +9 Type bonus.
- If a Wild Pokemon is at or above Lv. 75, there will be a +12 Type bonus.

-In the case that the wild Pokemon has an Evolutionary Advantage, the cost is equivalent to how many Evolutionary stages it is up from it's final evolution. It is +5 if it is one stage below the enemy, and +10 if it is two below the enemy. You cannot gain an Evolutionary Advantage against a wild.

-You typically use only the basic PokeBall design (which you have an unlimited number of), but using more advanced (and more limited) designs will cut costs from capture-or eliminate them entirely in the case of the elusive Master Ball.

Battling Pokemon

1) In order to participate in Pokemon Battles, you must have a conscious Pokemon in your party.

2) In a battle, you pit your Pokemon's points against the opponents. If you KO all the opponent's Pokemon (or fulfill some other potential requirement), you win (regardless of your Pokemon being KO'd as a result of doing so).

3) In order to battle, you need to use the form below.
Attackee (the opponent you're targeting):
Attacker (the Pokemon you're using):
Attackee's Points (the points of the attacking Pokemon):
Attacker's Points (the points of your Pokemon):
Bonus (The bonuses that apply are added up, and the result is put here.)
Points using (You can spend points to tip the battle in your favor; this is the amount you're using):
Points on-hand (the amount of points you have on-hand):
Points remaining (the amount you have left over: Points on hand minus Points using):
Attackee's remaining points (The remaining points the Attackee has to continue this battle: Attackee's Points minus Attacker's Points. Zero points = KO.):
Attacker's remaining points: (If you've calculated the above and got a netagive number, put that here. This is the amount of points your Pokemon has to continue fighting in this battle.)
Link to stats (You can put this after a full battle, but having a link is mandatory):
All of the above fields are mandatory except Points Spending, Points on-hand, and Points remaining, and that's only if you're not spending points.

4) If there are any Pokemon that didn't need to use all their points against an opponent Pokemon and are still consious at the end, they're taken down to zero at the end of the battle. Yes, even if they're at full health.

5) Unlike catching Pokemon, Battling Pokemon grant bonuses both ways. They operate on the same mode as above, but they'll be re-listed below to prevent confusion.

-In the case of the existence of a Type advantage, the opponent will receive a negative or positive bonus based on which end of the stick he's got. If you've got an edge over him, he'll get a negative bonus. If he's got an edge over him, he'll get a positive bonus. The lower, the better-remember that!

-If the Pokemon with the advantage is below Lv. 10, there will be a -/+2 Type bonus.
- If the Pokemon with the advantage is at or above Lv. 10 and below Lv. 30, there will be a -/+5 Type bonus.
- If the Pokemon with the advantage is at or above Lv. 30 and below Lv. 50, there will be a -/+7 Type bonus.
- If the Pokemon with the advantage is at or above Lv.50 and below Lv. 75, there will will be a -/+9 Type bonus.
- If the Pokemon with the advantage is at or above Lv. 75, there will be a -/+12 Type bonus.

-Who applies what depends strictly on the level of the Pokemon with the advantage: If a level 9 Pokemon under your control gets a type advantage on a level 27 Pokemon, it will be -2. If the level 27 Pokemon gets a type advantage on your level 9 Pokemon, the bonus is +5. Remember that!

-In the case that there is an Evolutionary Advantage, the cost is equivalent to how many Evolutionary stages the weaker Pokemon is from it's final evolution. If your Pokemon is closer to it's final form, it subtracts from your opponent; if the opponent's Pokemon is closer, then it adds to your opponent. Same as before, it's -/+5 if the difference is one form, and -/+10 if it is two forms.

-If the Pokemon with either disadvantage is below Lv. 5, there cannot be any bonus against it. It can only add to its own points, if at all.

Shadow Pokemon and Purifying

1: Shadow Pokémon have a certain boost to their abilities. If you have less than 2 badges, then this boost is +5. Otherwise, it is +10. This boost maintains itself after purification. In stats, you are to note it is a Shadow or a Purified Pokémon, and keep the aforementioned bonus separate from the Pokémon's point values.

2: Shadow Pokémon are Pure Shadow Typed regardless of species. Shadow Type is super-effective against all other types and neutral towards itself. The Shadow Type is removed upon purification.

3: In order to purify a Shadow Pokémon, you must pay its Natural Point Value (or NVP) and its Shadow bonus. If you leveled up your Pokemon before it got corrupted into a Shadow, those points are ignored entierly: it's only the value you'd normally need to capture it.

4: No Player Character (or PC) can purify a Pokémon. Someone else has to. There are certain devices and powers that can do this, wielded by certain people. Also, any Legend and anyone/anything who can create a Shadow can also purify.

5: Shadow Pokémon are just like regular Pokémon in one way: they can be found in the wild or on trainers. Catching them in the wild is just like catching a regular Pokémon.

6: Until Purification, Shadows cannot level up and/or evolve. There are no exceptions to this rule. THERE ARE NO EXCEPTIONS. OK, there actually is an exception: If they're already leveled up and/or evolved, the level ups and evolution(s) remain.

7: A Shadow Pokémon will be harder to control than other Pokémon. They do respect power, however, and they obey the strong. If your badge limit doesn't beat out their total points and their Shadow Bonus, they will not obey you. However, with Purified Pokémon, ignore the Shadow Bonus and go off their NPV in order to determine obediance. This is why you SEPARATE the bonus in stats.

8: Shadow Pokémon cannot be used in regulated Pokémon Battles under League rules (Gym Leader battles, legal tournaments, ect.). Purified Pokémon CAN be used in these battles. Shadows are tortured slaves for all due intents and purposes, and such battles are shows of integrity as much as power; what does it say of you to bring THOSE out in such competitions?

The Forms

Capturing a Pokemon

To capture a Pokemon successfully, use the following form:
Pokemon using:
Pokemon trying to catch:
Point requirement:
Bonuses:
Points On Hand:
Points After:
Link to stats:
Remember bonuses and point requirements! Below is an example:
Pokemon Using: Hydro the Crocanaw
Pokemon trying to catch: Rattata
Point Requirement: 5
Bonuses: N/A
Points on Hand: 10
Points after: 5
Link to stats: *Insert link to your Trainer Card here*
--------------------------------------

Battling a Pokemon

Again, remember your bonuses!
Attackee:
Attacker:
Attackee's Point Value:
Attacker's Point Value
Bonuses:
Attackee's Remaining Points:
Attacker's Remaining Points:
Link to stats:
Below are a pair of examples.
Attackee: Onix
Attacker: Hydro the Crocanaw
Attackee's Point Value: 35
Attacker's Point Value: 18
Bonuses: -5 (-5 Type Bonus)
Attackee's Remaining Points: 12
Attacker's Remaining Points: 0
Attackee: Onix
Attacker: Fang the Raticate
Attackee's Point Value: 12
Attacker's Point Value: 20
Bonuses: +2 (+7 Type Bonus, -5 Evolution Bonus)
Attackee's Remaining Points: 0
Attacker's Remaining Points: 6
Link to Stats: *Insert link to Trainer Card here*

Leveling Up a Pokemon
Pokemon being Leveled Up:
Levels up:
Resulting Value:
Points required:
Points on hand:
Points remaining:
Link to stats:
Below is an example:
Pokemon being Leveled Up: Fang the Raticate
Levels up: 10
Resulting Value: 30
Points required: 20
Points on hand: 29
Points remaining: 9
Link to stats: *Insert link to Trainer Card here*

Purifying a Pokemon
Pokemon being Purified:
Points required:
Points on hand:
Points remaining:
Link to stats:
Below is an example:
Pokemon being Purified: Amp the Pikachu
Points required: 40
Points on hand: 50
Points remaining: 10
Link to stats: *Insert link to Trainer Card here*

That's about it. Again, If I made anything unclear myself, or made a change for the worse, just point that out for me and I'll fix it up.

On another note, as we're moving GCeA to PxR (whether or not the Pe2k GCeA goes on simultaniously is rather irrelevant to this), and though this is obvious, we're probably best off starting from scratch. However, as we're starting from scratch, perhaps it's best for the users of PxR to determine which region is what they want to adventure in on the PxR version of GCeA-and PRIOR to generating any plot at that.

Anyone with me on those? Completely clean slate and a vote to determine which region we'll be GCeAing in?

FEAR THE MOODY BIDOOF!!!

Last edited by Latio-Nytro; 05-18-2013 at 01:05 PM.
Old 05-18-2013, 02:14 AM
Eevee trainer Offline

Just going to put this under a spoiler tag. This wound up being 3 pages on my word document! XD If something does not make sense, let me know!

Spoiler:

I’m just going to break up my points / views under the allotted sections that you have created in the rules to keep everything organized.

How to Play/Rules:

For number one, he rule is reasonable in the beginning of the game, but also please list how to join when it is mid game. Mostly, as it seems that once the game becomes as long and involved as GCEA Red or what have you, having a new member join with just their trainer name and Pokemon seems somewhat random to me? They also wouldn’t know what’s going on either.

Also, while making a Trainer Card post, maybe have a template to use? It took me a while to figure out what I needed for my card, so maybe it’d help?

Lastly, would this section be available on the first post? I feel that it’d be a nice opening to the forum, and then under that (and another detail I mention at the end of this) that you have the links to the other sections following the rules from there.

Otherwise, I really like how this section was worded! Very nicely written and friendly! UvU

Evolution and Level Ups:

Very nicely explained section. I think it could be organized a little bit better to be more pleasing to the eye, but you really don’t have to.

However, if I might make one section it’s to maybe move the Gym Prizes section to go right after Level Ups as it seems much easier to just look between the two on the same page. Also, if you feel that it would clutter the page, perhaps hide it under a Spoiler tag?

Wild Pokemon:

It should be noted that you skipped the number 5.) in your list. Easily fixable. XD

Also, I saw that you had the example for evolving Pokemon but not in this section, the Battling section, and Purifying section. For each one the examples should be listed. (Again, if you’d like to put it under a Spoiler tag is up to preference.)

It should also be noted for how long a wild Pokemon is available for. Such as how many posts / pages until they’re considered “gone” if not all the wild Pokemon have been challenged.

Are type bonuses doubled with double weaknesses? For example, the wild Pokemon being Ponyta against my Parasect?

Battling Pokemon:

Okay, so I may not know the reasoning behind these rules. But, why is it that when you battle Pokemon that even though they’re at full health they are considered KO’d at the end of the battle?

I am just curious as getting to a Pokemon Center or a healing machine is highly unlikely at times during the GCEA storyline? (I’m thinking of Red and Gold at the moment.) Would this be when items come in and heal my Pokemon?

It should be noted that you stated:

“They operate on the same mode as above, but they'll be re-listed below to prevent confusion.”

If the battling section will be separated from the Wild Pokemon section, then this should be removed and the reiteration of the type advantages should just be there without any mention of it being the same as before.

Shadow Pokemon:
4.) Is it possibly to buy and item (with points) to purify my Pokemon? Or, is the storyteller of the game (JD for example) the only person that can purify a Pokemon?

6.) I’d rather you not say “there are no exceptions” and then for there to say that there is one. “The ONLY exception is that if there were any levels or evolutions to the Pokemon prior to evolving that they stay with the Shadow Pokemon. Otherwise, you can NOT evolve or level them up until they are purified.” Bam, done.

Gym Prizes:

This “level ceiling” is confusing to me. So, if I have a Pokemon at level 55 and I have 8 badges, I can only give it 5 levels? Or is the max 65?

I’m just making sure that I understand it as it’s confusing to me. XD;

Other Points / Suggestions:

I think all the examples should be listed under their respective sections so that viewers don’t have to keep opening new windows in order to see the whole picture.

For the examples such as Leveling Up and Purifying a Pokemon. Perhaps state the points that the individual Pokemon has before the Example set up. Such as...

“Amp the Pikachu has 30 points and a +10 bonus from having 7 badges, so that makes it 40 points required.
Here is how the form should look:

Pokemon being Purified: Amp the Pikachu
Points required: 40
Points on hand: 50
Points remaining: 10
Link to stats: *Insert link to Trainer Card here*”

I’m only suggesting this as its difficult for me to account for all the factors that are listed and then to see the factors already incorporated into the example without seeing it at face value.

My last suggestion is to, again, put all the examples under their respective sections and put the forms on the forum’s first post after the rules. (Possibly under a spoiler tag if you would like. Make sure you label it as forms outside of the spoiler tag if you decide to do that though, just so we know what it is! Same with all the other spoiler tag suggestions!)

The reasoning for this is so that all the players will have easy access to the forms so that when they are in mid-game and want to grab the form, they just click to the front of the page and BAM, its right there, copy it, then go back to doing their post. I also recommend having the regular forms still be with their examples as well under their respective sections, just so that the reader may see how to fill it out.

I’ve stated once before that I was for that idea. XD I believe a thread about GCEA and a poll should be created to see which region should be done. How to determine the polls should be done this way:

Whichever region reaches x number of votes first. (Maybe 20? Why not?)
And whichever region has the most votes at the end of a two/three week mark?

However, I’d like to be a little more involved in GCEA. I have a lot of time now its the summer and I frequently visit GCEA on here alone. So, I would like to formerly ask if I may be a mod or something to help the stories move along more, possibly.

I’m just asking, of course, I’ll step down if Disney proves to be too busy for me in the Fall and I’ll have my characters exit the stories somehow if need be.

Pearl FC- 4984-8127-7088 | SoulSilver FC- 1763-4967-6519 | Black FC- 0991-1240-1790
Old 05-18-2013, 03:45 AM
Charmander009 Offline
WFL Official

Send a message via AIM to Charmander009

Okay, the Battling thing has always been so confusing to me.

Can we clear one thing up at least? I think the forms would be more understandable if they looked like this:

Opponent: (the opponent you're targeting):
My Pokemon: (the Pokemon you're using):
Opponent's Points (the points of the attacking Pokemon):
My Pokemon's Points (the points of your Pokemon):
Points remaining: (the amount you have left over: Points on hand minus Points using):

I really don't understand step number 5 under battling Pokemon, because it's not clear to me, at least, which Pokemon is getting the advantage points. The level-thing throws me completely off :/

Old 05-18-2013, 04:26 AM
Eevee trainer Offline

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charmander009 View Post
Okay, the Battling thing has always been so confusing to me.

Can we clear one thing up at least? I think the forms would be more understandable if they looked like this:

Opponent: (the opponent you're targeting):
My Pokemon: (the Pokemon you're using):
Opponent's Points (the points of the attacking Pokemon):
My Pokemon's Points (the points of your Pokemon):
Points remaining: (the amount you have left over: Points on hand minus Points using):

I really don't understand step number 5 under battling Pokemon, because it's not clear to me, at least, which Pokemon is getting the advantage points. The level-thing throws me completely off :/
Honestly, your form looks a lot clearer and easier to understand, Char. XD

As for step 5, I think it's supposed to be like the in game battles.

For the level differences, say for instance you're using a Charmeleon (with 16 points) against my Bulbasaur (with 5 points).

According to the level chart, you would gain 5 bonus points because it was between level 10-30 with a type advantage over me. However, I would also lose 5 points because of this type disadvantage.

Now, there is also another bonus for evolutionary stages.

Again, you're using Charmeleon, which is a stage higher than Bulbasaur. According to the rules, you would gain 5 bonus points and I would also lose 5 bonus points.

So at the end of the bonuses this is the results:
You: +10
Me: -10

Now, to put this into practice:

Opponent: (the opponent you're targeting): Bulbasaur
My Pokemon: (the Pokemon you're using): Charmeleon
Opponent's Points (the points of the attacking Pokemon): 5 points
My Pokemon's Points (the points of your Pokemon): 16 points
Points remaining: (the amount you have left over: Points on hand minus Points using): 5 trillion

I BELIEVE this is how its done, according to the examples given by Latio. (However, the first example for battling makes no sense with the math, so just use the Onix and Raticate one.)

Old 05-24-2013, 03:52 AM
Judge Dredd Offline
Master of Shadows

Hey everyone.

I like the work being done on the rules. Once you guys clear through them, making them easier to understand we will change the rules over.

The bonus section on the battling form is meant to be directed at the opponent.

So in the case of this

Yours: Charmander
Theirs: Wartortle
Bouns: +10( +5 Evolution, + 5 Type)

On the front page I tried to explain on the bonus work. If its not clear enough we can go over it again.

Old 05-24-2013, 08:25 PM
Latio-Nytro Offline

I'll get cracking on edits. Thanks for the suggestions.

One more thing: As we're editing the rules out, I've thought of a few new (minor) rules/tweaks to the rules to (Hopefully) improve the game as a whole. One I've already gone ahead and added (but I can remove, just so we're clear): I've changed a few values for bonuses. The original rules said anything beyond 50 had a -/+8 type bonus; Now, anything between 50 and 75 has a -/+9 type bonus and anything greater is -/+12. Is that OK with everyone?

Another thing that could be changed (personally, I don't really care) is the rule on the aftermath of battling: As it stands, any Pokemon that battles is knocked out, no exceptions. The small edit is that, if the Pokemon's remaining points at the end of the battle match or exceed the amount they normally have (logic being that they didn't break a sweat), they remain OK instead, but anything else is KO'd.

I'm just throwing out suggestions here.

FEAR THE MOODY BIDOOF!!!
Old 05-24-2013, 08:53 PM
Eevee trainer Offline

Quote:
Originally Posted by Judge Dredd View Post
Hey everyone.

I like the work being done on the rules. Once you guys clear through them, making them easier to understand we will change the rules over.

The bonus section on the battling form is meant to be directed at the opponent.

So in the case of this

Yours: Charmander
Theirs: Wartortle
Bouns: +10( +5 Evolution, + 5 Type)

On the front page I tried to explain on the bonus work. If its not clear enough we can go over it again.
Wait, we're doing the bonus for the opponent or for ourselves? ._.?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Latio-Nytro View Post
I'll get cracking on edits. Thanks for the suggestions.

One more thing: As we're editing the rules out, I've thought of a few new (minor) rules/tweaks to the rules to (Hopefully) improve the game as a whole. One I've already gone ahead and added (but I can remove, just so we're clear): I've changed a few values for bonuses. The original rules said anything beyond 50 had a -/+8 type bonus; Now, anything between 50 and 75 has a -/+9 type bonus and anything greater is -/+12. Is that OK with everyone?

Another thing that could be changed (personally, I don't really care) is the rule on the aftermath of battling: As it stands, any Pokemon that battles is knocked out, no exceptions. The small edit is that, if the Pokemon's remaining points at the end of the battle match or exceed the amount they normally have (logic being that they didn't break a sweat), they remain OK instead, but anything else is KO'd.

I'm just throwing out suggestions here.
I agree with the fact that if the Pokemon's points remained the same or wound up with more than they had started that they should remain OK. I mean, why would a level 60 Pokemon be KO'd after battling a level 5? X3

I was also curious about whether or not battlers gain anything from a battle? Like, what is the purpose of a battle if players don't gain anything from winning? Do they gain points, an item?

Also, these forms are used to fight the gyms, I'm assuming? I haven't actually seen anyone perform a battle yet in the GCEAs.

Old 05-24-2013, 10:53 PM
Judge Dredd Offline
Master of Shadows

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eevee trainer View Post
Wait, we're doing the bonus for the opponent or for ourselves? ._.?

I agree with the fact that if the Pokemon's points remained the same or wound up with more than they had started that they should remain OK. I mean, why would a level 60 Pokemon be KO'd after battling a level 5? X3

I was also curious about whether or not battlers gain anything from a battle? Like, what is the purpose of a battle if players don't gain anything from winning? Do they gain points, an item?

Also, these forms are used to fight the gyms, I'm assuming? I haven't actually seen anyone perform a battle yet in the GCEAs.

We have always done the bonus based on the other pokemon. Really it doesnt matter as long as you understand how the bonuss effect each pokemon.

As far as the KO rule. Lets say this.

A pokemon can now be at 50 percent health if more than 25percent of its health points are taken.

If the damage is under 25 percent the pokemon will stay at full health/ or we can try keeping track of the points in the records that are in each post.

Most battles come with points. I believe there is a scale.
For every 10 points you gain a point to spend.

Battling Charizard at 36 would be worth 4 points

Sadly, we havent had much battling, because the plot has been our main focus. I will be updating stuff tonight for everyone