Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Other Boards » Other Chat

Other Chat For non-Pokemon discussion on everything else. For casual talk only, any more serious topics such as current events, should be in the Discussion. You can talk about anything else that is not covered in the other "Other Boards" that are above.

Old 05-01-2013, 10:04 AM
goldwynaut Offline

Default Re: Daily Chit Chat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Typhlosion Explosion View Post
>It's actually number 10, and not young people. It's people 20-44, mainly due to unemployment because of high population.
>That is racism itself. No, not almost everyone in Japan is racist.
>Obviously because it's such a great place to live.
>Many things will still be Japan only. Pokemon crane games, Pokemon Centers, etc.
>Many places in the US and Europe have earthquakes, and most coastal areas have tsunamis. Not limited to Japan.

Where are you retrieving your facts? 4Chan isn't a reputable source btw (kidding, not kidding). ;u
I bet i am a huge weeaboo for saying this, but did you know Japanese hospitals close at 6pm?
Spoiler:
and you still need insurance
Spoiler:
and hospital personnel are not required to speak Wnglish
Spoiler:
and because of the many injuries every day as a result of higher population, you may have to wait for half a day before you see a doctor

About that thing i said about suicide; its because (many) Japanese really actually has that honor thing stuck in their heads, and would gladly kill themselves if they fail, i know honor is sort of good thing, but it has lead to a lot of **** over the years, around 5000 people are honor killed every year.

and for the racism part, due to that honor thing, many Japanese are extremely patriotic and remember any war as if it should be yesterday, as a result of that they hate their enemies immensely even today, they hate Americans, Chinese, Koreans just to mention a few, some even remember the clan wars that were held 500 years ago, and still has a burning hatred for their opponent clan, in other words, that means that they hate themselves, and its not just a sport rivalry, its real hatred. an astounding 98% of Japanese are ethnically Japanese, while the remaining 2% or the population are Fillipinos, whites and south American, this is no problem at all, or it would not, if it wasn't for the fact that due to their extreme patriotism, (again, most) Japanese are against any kind of race mixing, resulting in even more bashing against minorities.
Old 05-01-2013, 12:48 PM
Sealboy Offline

Send a message via AIM to Sealboy Send a message via MSN to Sealboy Send a message via Skype™ to Sealboy

This argument is invalid - Unicorns aren't in it.

Going to go and see Iron Man 3 today

~Sealboy

Click the image above to check out my YouTube Channel - it'd mean a lot.
Old 05-01-2013, 01:18 PM
Typhlosion Explosion Offline
~Blast Burn

Send a message via AIM to Typhlosion Explosion Send a message via Skype™ to Typhlosion Explosion

American hospitals aren't required to speak Japanese. xDD

Yeah, that's true, a lot of them do have 'honor' issues. It's still better to kill yourself than get killed, if they were the only choices.

A lot of Americans have no interest in wars, so they shouldn't blame us for that. :L I think a lot of them don't like some cultures (America in particular) because of the past and that Americans are nearly as 'etiquetted' as the Japanese. Most cultures wouldn't take their shoes off in a home, which can be seen as offensive. Some can't use chopsticks, which make us seem foolish. xD

I haven't seen Marvel/DC movies either, not really interested. ;_;
Old 05-01-2013, 03:58 PM
goldwynaut Offline

But French, Spanish, German and Danish hospitals are required to speak English just to mention a few, this is because English is a national language and the second most spoken language in the world after Chinese, if you are a German tourist and get injured in Sweden, the Swedish doctor will know English, and so will you.

Americans have hated pretty much everyone too, but they have forgotten and/or gotten along with their enemies, but (many) Japanese, due to their honor thing are still hateful over a war that happened 70, 100 or even 500 years ago, Japanese history is full of suicide, the samurai had seppuku, entire families killed themselves collectively during the war, and still the leading cause of deaths for 30-year-olds in japan is suicide due to failure.

It sure is easy to ignore flaws in something and only look at the good parts, Japan is probably a cool place, I don't know, haven't been there
Old 05-01-2013, 09:33 PM
Negative Zone Offline

Quote:
Originally Posted by Typhlosion Explosion View Post
I haven't seen Marvel/DC movies either, not really interested. ;_;
Who cares about that, watch a good old fashioned Disney princess movie!
As long as you remember her,
you are not alone.

Old 05-01-2013, 11:58 PM
Charmander009 Offline
WFL Official

Send a message via AIM to Charmander009

@Corey:

You've never seen Disney movies?
Spoiler:

WHAT?

You've missed out on your childhood! D:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finch
Did you just quote the little red lizard feller from Mulan?
Spoiler:

...Yeah, I might be slightly obsessed with GIF's at the moment xD

Also, every good argument needs a unicorn :P DUDE, Sealboy, you're gonna have to tell me how it is xD I wanna see it sooooo baaaaad Dx

Last edited by Charmander009; 05-02-2013 at 12:01 AM.
Old 05-02-2013, 12:08 AM
~Blast Burn

Send a message via AIM to Typhlosion Explosion Send a message via Skype™ to Typhlosion Explosion

I've seen some old Disney movies, not a lot! ^^'

I need to watch them, though!
Old 05-02-2013, 07:17 PM
OldMax Offline

On the crossroads site do you have to be appoved beore you can post?...and is it going to be under maintenence for a bit?....says site is offline, or is it just me?
Old 05-02-2013, 07:21 PM
~Blast Burn

It's under renovation right now, we're adding/editing skins and stuff.

Also, non-project members can't post in any other board but the Discussion Board until we launch (May 10th). :)
Old 05-03-2013, 07:28 AM
Finch Offline
Inazuma

Send a message via Skype™ to Finch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charmander009 View Post
@Corey:

You've never seen Disney movies?
Spoiler:

WHAT?

You've missed out on your childhood! D:

Spoiler:

...Yeah, I might be slightly obsessed with GIF's at the moment xD

Also, every good argument needs a unicorn :P DUDE, Sealboy, you're gonna have to tell me how it is xD I wanna see it sooooo baaaaad Dx
I can do that. It's easily the best of the Marvel Avengers franchise to date. Laugh out loud funny
Old 05-04-2013, 03:29 AM
Charmander009 Offline
WFL Official

My sister went and saw it today--she said it was pretty epic, though for whatever reason she wasn't happy with the ending :o Gosh, I gotta go see it xD

Also, for those of you with the new PMD--anyone else really liking the whole move-upgrading system? Gosh, I think it's the best thing since string cheese xD My character (a Pikachu) is beastlier than Ash's, fo sho--thanks to finding Thunderbolt early and leveling it up like a madwoman

Old 05-04-2013, 04:01 AM
Neku Sakuraba Offline
Sound Garden

Send a message via AIM to Neku Sakuraba Send a message via Skype™ to Neku Sakuraba

Quote:
My sister went and saw it today--she said it was pretty epic, though for whatever reason she wasn't happy with the ending :o Gosh, I gotta go see it xD

Also, for those of you with the new PMD--anyone else really liking the whole move-upgrading system? Gosh, I think it's the best thing since string cheese xD My character (a Pikachu) is beastlier than Ash's, fo sho--thanks to finding Thunderbolt early and leveling it up like a madwoman
*Coughcough*Axew, Dual Chop, Level V*Coughcough*

That is all.

Links
Code:
Level 100: 3287 Proud Deviant of the PE2K Deviants
Have PesterChum for some reason? Contact me on it! (neonSound)
Old 05-04-2013, 04:05 AM
Charmander009 Offline
WFL Official

LoL, my partner's a Axew--but I don't have his Dual Chop up that far xD

Old 05-04-2013, 04:33 AM
Neku Sakuraba Offline
Sound Garden

Send a message via AIM to Neku Sakuraba Send a message via Skype™ to Neku Sakuraba

Quote:
LoL, my partner's a Axew--but I don't have his Dual Chop up that far xD
My partner is a Tepig, to counter those pesky Ice-types. I named him "Porkerson" when I was playing the demo. =3 I got a few thousand from Magnagates and some helpful items. However, I recommend using Companion mode a lot or just the regular mode when at Paradise to rank it up. At Diamond Rank, you can unlock Reviver Field, a place that grows Reviver Seeds. Otherwise, the StreetPass rescue system is bull. That's the only way you can get rescued.

ONLY WAY.

Links
Code:
Level 100: 3287 Proud Deviant of the PE2K Deviants
Have PesterChum for some reason? Contact me on it! (neonSound)
Old 05-04-2013, 03:48 PM
~Blast Burn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neku Sakuraba View Post
My partner is a Tepig, to counter those pesky Ice-types. I named him "Porkerson" when I was playing the demo. =3 I got a few thousand from Magnagates and some helpful items. However, I recommend using Companion mode a lot or just the regular mode when at Paradise to rank it up. At Diamond Rank, you can unlock Reviver Field, a place that grows Reviver Seeds. Otherwise, the StreetPass rescue system is bull. That's the only way you can get rescued.

ONLY WAY.
Unless you have friends that play Pokemon!

I do not. ;;;;_________________;;;;