Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  
 

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Other Boards » Groups/Clubs

Groups/Clubs Start a Pokemon or non-Pokemon related Group/Club for your favorite topic. Whether it's a group/club for one of the good guys like Ash, Misty, or Brock, to the villains like Team Rocket, Team Magma, and Team Aqua. Your group can be whatever you want.


Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #31  
Old 04-04-2013, 05:48 AM
Typhlosion Explosion's Avatar
Typhlosion Explosion Offline
~Blast Burn
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: New Bark Town
Posts: 5,956
Send a message via AIM to Typhlosion Explosion Send a message via Skype™ to Typhlosion Explosion
Default Re: WAR XII Discussion and Planning

In all honestly, I would absolutely LOVE for PE2K to have WAR. I would love for PE2K to be all it can be, but under our current circumstances, I believe there is little hope left for the forum. Aside from being the best site ever and serving as a crossroads to the fandom, we are creating PXR to be a new haven for PE2Kers, to pick up where PE2K left off. I honestly must say I have lost nearly all hope for PE2K. Unless Ryan spontaneously jumps back on PE2K and stays and updates and etc before we transfer to PXR, then there's not much to be done. Sometimes you just have to let go of cherished objects. PE2K was my first forum, I've done all I can do to help bring her back up, but there's not much I can do, and even Harry, Sarah, and Kenny are limited with powers.

Naturally, some people aren't going to move to PXR. Well, I suppose that's their choice. That's where about 75% of PE2K is projected to move, so there won't be much left for PE2K, maybe a few active members. Of course, I'll come back and visit PE2K until it's totally dead, or gone. Like visiting a loved one's grave, really, you just have to move on sometimes, it's better for all of us to move to PXR! If we had the choice, we'd fix up PE2K and live here happily ever after, but not everything can be that way, unfortunately.

As of now, I'm assuming WAR will be held on PXR. We're all doing our best to make that happen, and if for whatever reason we fail to complete PXR in time, then we might have a PE2K WAR. I do have to agree with Neo though, WAR on PE2K isn't the best choice, and we should strive to have WAR on PXR, which is our best hope to have an active, long, and successful WAR for everyone to enjoy! Our goal is to make long-lasting memories for PXR's first WAR, and I intend to do all I can to make PXR and this WAR successful, and we should all also put in just as much effort!
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #32  
Old 04-04-2013, 12:43 PM
Nitro's Avatar
Nitro Offline
Ultra RPG Official
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: x*3=21, solve & PM answer
Posts: 5,379
Send a message via AIM to Nitro
Default Re: WAR XII Discussion and Planning

No worries lol, I've been in enough crap to know not to hold grudges.

And yea, I can understand what you guys are saying. It isn't ideal to hold the WAR on PE2k, no matter how much it would like to be done. PXR looks like a good enough forum even at this early stage, so I'd be completely fine with going there.
__________________

Last edited by Nitro; 04-04-2013 at 12:50 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #33  
Old 04-05-2013, 03:27 AM
Neku Sakuraba's Avatar
Neku Sakuraba Offline
Sound Garden
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Fruity Rumpus Rainbow Factory. >:I
Posts: 3,310
Send a message via AIM to Neku Sakuraba Send a message via Skype™ to Neku Sakuraba
Default Re: WAR XII Discussion and Planning

Okay, first, I just wanna say that I am 100% perfect with WAR being on PXR. However, I do not wish this will mean we will not have WAR XII on PE2K. As Neo and a few of us have said, we wish this could be PE2K's last hurrah before transferring. I mean, Ryan could come back, maybe stay for a few months, but then, PE2K will be in this same predicament, with PXR as a glowing haven, truly making it PE2K's death site. Ryan coming back has a very low chance. Very low. And if he does come back, he might stay long enough until PXR launches, but this will make PXR PE2K's death site. Not that I have anything against PXR! I'm working on it! :L Anyways, but Ryan would leave again for a possible long period of time, long enough to have everyone transfer over to BMG, Serebii, and PXR. So, yeah, anyone up for a possible two WARs, one here and one on PXR?

Also, Corey, I know you like dem even numbers...
__________________

Links
Code:
Level 100: 3287 Proud Deviant of the PE2K Deviants
Have PesterChum for some reason? Contact me on it! (neonSound)
Reply With Quote
  #34  
Old 04-05-2013, 10:32 PM
Typhlosion Explosion's Avatar
Typhlosion Explosion Offline
~Blast Burn
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: New Bark Town
Posts: 5,956
Send a message via AIM to Typhlosion Explosion Send a message via Skype™ to Typhlosion Explosion
Default Re: WAR XII Discussion and Planning

Two WARs is certainly an interesting idea, but probably not the best thing to do. PXR (other than being a Crossroads to the fandom and being awesome) is basically going to be, dare I say, a replacement for PE2K. Some times you just gotta pull the plug, especially when nothing else can be done. As Neo said, PE2K could crash any minute and take everything with it.

I'm sure those of us not moving to PXR would like to have a WAR, but it seems really, well, pointless unless the ones staying behind held it themselves, especially when there won't be enough activity after PXR's launch to sustain a WAR.

With the estimate of about 75% of PE2K migrating over, and only about 10 completely active members, that might leave three or four members who would be fit for WAR, which is no where near enough. PE2K was my first forum, joined when I wasn't even a pre-teen, and I certainly don't want to leave, but the only options are either to move to PXR, or wait for PE2K to completely die out or crash, which ever comes first. I want to help PXR build up, because PXR has hope. Devoting all my time to PE2K when it's just going to die-out anyways isn't very time-savvy, in my opinion. Of course, I'll be visiting, but I won't be a mod or a writer anymore.

I've done all I can for miss PE2K, but this is just a coma she'll never come out of, so spending my time and money keeping her on life support instead of pulling the plug isn't very wise, no matter how much I want to hang on to her. I hope that coma analogy explains my opinions better.

So Quinn, I'm glad you still want to hold on, but having two WARs just really isn't a good idea if PE2K wouldn't be able to sustain one.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #35  
Old 04-06-2013, 03:01 AM
Neo Emolga's Avatar
Neo Emolga Offline
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Reading your mind
Posts: 21,704
Send a message via AIM to Neo Emolga
Default Re: WAR XII Discussion and Planning

Problem is... double the WAR equals double the work, but it also means you're dividing member activity between the two of them. Hate to say it, but one forum's WAR will end up cannibalizing the other with the limited time people have. As a result, where one WAR might have worked, both will fall, which doesn't do either forum any good.

Second, Ryan's not coming back. He lost his passion for the site and the forum long ago. But even if he was coming back, it wouldn't stand to benefit anything with the community slowly collapsing. But even when he was around, he just let the site and forum go on its own and had no interest in what the forum did as long as it followed the rules. He never took part in the WAR itself, or any real forum activities, so he doesn't really know what we're trying to save here or what we've been doing for the past decade.

As Corey said, PXR needs to be the PE2K replacement. PE2K had a really good run, but it's golden days are over and we need to admit to that. Attempts were made to kick it back into action, and while they gave the site a few more years of good times, it was inevitable that lack of activity and the presence of the founder and leader of the forum would cause it to collapse.

Instead, it's better that the energy, effort, and time that was devoted to simply keeping PE2K on life support is being directed toward a new beginning with PXR. Harry has always been a compassionate, energetic, and courageous leader of PE2K's community. Where I have personally given up on things, Harry keeps striving and giving it all he's got to make it become the best it can be. Trust me, I have never met anyone on the Internet or in real life that has the kind of drive, encouragement, and opened-mindedness as he does. If there's anyone that can lead PXR into incredible success, it's definitely him. But he can't do it alone, and he needs the help of everyone.

This is why I'm strongly advocating for the WAR to be completely relocated to PXR, and not just to have its own division. PXR deserves the WAR. While it may sound right to give PE2K WAR XII as one final hurrah, it just won't work and won't have the same kind of benefit. A true, new beginning has to come from another beginning's end, and that beginning's end is PE2K. The site was started thirteen years ago, and while that is a pretty good run, it's done and over. We have to move on, because there's new hope with PXR that people should devote their attention to.
__________________

Reply With Quote
  #36  
Old 04-06-2013, 11:10 AM
Lord Celebi's Avatar
Lord Celebi Offline
Zhu-Quiao
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 13,317
Send a message via AIM to Lord Celebi Send a message via Skype™ to Lord Celebi
Default Re: WAR XII Discussion and Planning

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo Emolga View Post
Problem is... double the WAR equals double the work, but it also means you're dividing member activity between the two of them. Hate to say it, but one forum's WAR will end up cannibalizing the other with the limited time people have. As a result, where one WAR might have worked, both will fall, which doesn't do either forum any good.

Second, Ryan's not coming back. He lost his passion for the site and the forum long ago. But even if he was coming back, it wouldn't stand to benefit anything with the community slowly collapsing. But even when he was around, he just let the site and forum go on its own and had no interest in what the forum did as long as it followed the rules. He never took part in the WAR itself, or any real forum activities, so he doesn't really know what we're trying to save here or what we've been doing for the past decade.

As Corey said, PXR needs to be the PE2K replacement. PE2K had a really good run, but it's golden days are over and we need to admit to that. Attempts were made to kick it back into action, and while they gave the site a few more years of good times, it was inevitable that lack of activity and the presence of the founder and leader of the forum would cause it to collapse.

Instead, it's better that the energy, effort, and time that was devoted to simply keeping PE2K on life support is being directed toward a new beginning with PXR. Harry has always been a compassionate, energetic, and courageous leader of PE2K's community. Where I have personally given up on things, Harry keeps striving and giving it all he's got to make it become the best it can be. Trust me, I have never met anyone on the Internet or in real life that has the kind of drive, encouragement, and opened-mindedness as he does. If there's anyone that can lead PXR into incredible success, it's definitely him. But he can't do it alone, and he needs the help of everyone.

This is why I'm strongly advocating for the WAR to be completely relocated to PXR, and not just to have its own division. PXR deserves the WAR. While it may sound right to give PE2K WAR XII as one final hurrah, it just won't work and won't have the same kind of benefit. A true, new beginning has to come from another beginning's end, and that beginning's end is PE2K. The site was started thirteen years ago, and while that is a pretty good run, it's done and over. We have to move on, because there's new hope with PXR that people should devote their attention to.
I agree with Neo.
Reply With Quote
  #37  
Old 04-09-2013, 01:48 AM
Dog of Hellsing's Avatar
Dog of Hellsing Offline
Witty
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: *Smacks with Zanpakuto* STALKER!
Posts: 8,768
Send a message via AIM to Dog of Hellsing Send a message via MSN to Dog of Hellsing Send a message via Yahoo to Dog of Hellsing
Default Re: WAR XII Discussion and Planning

Finally posting here geez.

I know I haven't been active on PE2K by anyone's imagination for quite some time, having pretty much moved over to BMG after the URPG's first expansion. Even back then PE2K's activity was heading south, especially in the RP section. When most of the URPG's activity transferred to BMG, I went with it because there wasn't much going on here. I knew, somewhere deep inside my subconscious, that PE2K's days were numbered.

Even now it really hurts me to see others say it so openly, that PE2K is slowly but inevitably dying, and has been for some time. It hurts even more to openly admit it to myself. This was the first major forum I joined, where I honed my writing and RPing and became what I am today. I met awesome people and made great friends like Neo, Rust, Harry, and many others. This was truly the first place on the internet that I felt was my "home".

While I'd love to see PE2K have it's final moment of glory with the WAR, I agree that using it to breathe life into PXR is probably a better idea. We can give the site and forum the chance to be like PE2K was back when it was a forum and site people actually KNEW about. I've sadly been absent for many of the meetings due to various reasons, but I hope to become as active there as I was here back in my heyday here. Rather than draw attention to PE2K's final moments with a WAR, perhaps it'd be better to let it quietly fade away while retaining its dignity. I know in maybe 5 or 10 years I'll look back at this site and be hit with a nostalgia train (it's actually kinda happening now as I type this), but in all honesty, it's better to have loved and lost than to have never loved at all.

Wow that was WAY more sentimental and gushy than I meant it to be. It's like an ode to PE2K XD. FOR ALL YOU OUT THERE WHO TL;DR: I agree with moving this to PXR because as much as it pains me to admit it, PE2K is pretty much on its last leg. Bringing new interest to a new site will help it grow, and in turn since it's new and people will be curious and have a look around, they might wander across the WAR on their own.

As far as activity goes, we could prepare something, perhaps, a Youtube interview/video/vlog or maybe a Twitter feed or FB page or something for the WAR, and advertise it in the weeks leading up to it? We'd also be advertising for PXR in a roundabout manner and I doubt anyone has issues with that lol. If we do indeed decide to do it in the first place, and host it on PXR.
__________________
Paired with Shen, the most epic Bleach fan around :3
URPG Stats/National Park Info/Coordinator Stats

^Rock Musical Bleach^
Reply With Quote
  #38  
Old 04-26-2013, 02:47 AM
Neo Emolga's Avatar
Neo Emolga Offline
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Reading your mind
Posts: 21,704
Send a message via AIM to Neo Emolga
Default Re: WAR XII Discussion and Planning

Yep, by popular demand, we're officially moving the WAR to Pokémon Crossroads and thus, blowing this popsicle stand.

Thus, we're going to relocate all WAR discussion over at the Pokémon Crossroads WAR Discussion thread. And with that said, we're starting fresh there, so call it Season 1 rather than 12.

Any questions, feel free to ask. See you there.
__________________

Reply With Quote
  #39  
Old 05-01-2013, 09:03 PM
Typhlosion Explosion's Avatar
Typhlosion Explosion Offline
~Blast Burn
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: New Bark Town
Posts: 5,956
Send a message via AIM to Typhlosion Explosion Send a message via Skype™ to Typhlosion Explosion
Default Re: WAR XII Discussion and Planning

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo Emolga View Post
Yep, by popular demand, we're officially moving the WAR to Pokémon Crossroads and thus, blowing this popsicle stand.

Thus, we're going to relocate all WAR discussion over at the Pokémon Crossroads WAR Discussion thread. And with that said, we're starting fresh there, so call it Season 1 rather than 12.

Any questions, feel free to ask. See you there.
If we don't get some discussion brewing over at Crossroads, then we won't have a WAR until next year! Don't be afraid to sign up and start posting, we don't bite!

Pokemon Crossroads WAR Discussion

You can also find WAR RP discussions there too. C'mon people, we want WAR, right?
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #40  
Old 05-02-2013, 04:21 AM
Neo Emolga's Avatar
Neo Emolga Offline
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Reading your mind
Posts: 21,704
Send a message via AIM to Neo Emolga
Default Re: WAR XII Discussion and Planning

Quote:
Originally Posted by Typhlosion Explosion View Post
If we don't get some discussion brewing over at Crossroads, then we won't have a WAR until next year! Don't be afraid to sign up and start posting, we don't bite!

Pokemon Crossroads WAR Discussion

You can also find WAR RP discussions there too. C'mon people, we want WAR, right?
Well, thanks for the help, but after chatting about it in the PXR meeting room last night, we've pretty much come to the consensus that the launch itself is a big enough event, and that we already have a lot on our plate in terms of things that need to get done.

With discussion of both the RP and the WAR itself dead after a grinding halt, I think we need to focus our attention elsewhere. I think it would be best to put WAR off this year and just focus on building the community at PXR.
__________________

Reply With Quote
  #41  
Old 05-03-2013, 11:05 PM
Sealboy's Avatar
Sealboy Offline
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: I am a DINOSAUR
Posts: 3,939
Send a message via AIM to Sealboy Send a message via MSN to Sealboy Send a message via Skype™ to Sealboy
Default Re: WAR XII Discussion and Planning

It's a shame WAR will be cancelled this year - I mean, don't we get a surge of new (and old) members showing up during the WAR period?

I'm in agreement with moving onto PXR - maybe we can pick up the Pe2k community and build on it from there. It'd be a shame though - I have many fond memories of this site... It must be done though.

~Sealboy
__________________

Click the image above to check out my YouTube Channel - it'd mean a lot.
Reply With Quote
  #42  
Old 05-04-2013, 12:09 AM
Typhlosion Explosion's Avatar
Typhlosion Explosion Offline
~Blast Burn
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: New Bark Town
Posts: 5,956
Send a message via AIM to Typhlosion Explosion Send a message via Skype™ to Typhlosion Explosion
Default Re: WAR XII Discussion and Planning

Yeah, we do, actually! But, PXR is having its launch this time next week, which will be a big event for us! We'll b having a lot going on, so adding WAR into the 'chaos' wouldn't be a very good idea. :\

Look at it this way, WAR is cancelled this year, but next year, we'll hopefully have the largest most active WAR you've ever sen! :D
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #43  
Old 05-04-2013, 12:24 AM
Sealboy's Avatar
Sealboy Offline
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: I am a DINOSAUR
Posts: 3,939
Send a message via AIM to Sealboy Send a message via MSN to Sealboy Send a message via Skype™ to Sealboy
Default Re: WAR XII Discussion and Planning

Quote:
Originally Posted by Typhlosion Explosion View Post
Yeah, we do, actually! But, PXR is having its launch this time next week, which will be a big event for us! We'll b having a lot going on, so adding WAR into the 'chaos' wouldn't be a very good idea. :\

Look at it this way, WAR is cancelled this year, but next year, we'll hopefully have the largest most active WAR you've ever sen! :D
This is all dependant on if people actually are willing to leave this site and join. You're going to need to convince people to transition on over to PXR, otherwise it may not go as successful as hoped. And WAR would start in late June, right? Doesn't that give over a month to prepare? Or is there more time needed? (I've never organised one, so I wouldn't know, haha)

Again, depending on if people actually transition over well enough, and if you're successful on gaining new members xD Hopefully I'll be around to see it then :D

~Sealboy
__________________

Click the image above to check out my YouTube Channel - it'd mean a lot.
Reply With Quote
  #44  
Old 05-04-2013, 12:31 AM
Typhlosion Explosion's Avatar
Typhlosion Explosion Offline
~Blast Burn
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: New Bark Town
Posts: 5,956
Send a message via AIM to Typhlosion Explosion Send a message via Skype™ to Typhlosion Explosion
Default Re: WAR XII Discussion and Planning

Hopefully people will transfer over!

We can still have WAR even if no one transferred over from PE2K, as long as we have enough activity to sustain WAR at all! If none of our members were from PE2K by this time next year, and we have enough activity on the forum, then I'm assuming we'll do WAR anyway since we're starting the tradition there! c:
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #45  
Old 05-04-2013, 09:47 PM
Neo Emolga's Avatar
Neo Emolga Offline
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Reading your mind
Posts: 21,704
Send a message via AIM to Neo Emolga
Default Re: WAR XII Discussion and Planning

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sealboy View Post
This is all dependant on if people actually are willing to leave this site and join. You're going to need to convince people to transition on over to PXR, otherwise it may not go as successful as hoped. And WAR would start in late June, right? Doesn't that give over a month to prepare? Or is there more time needed? (I've never organised one, so I wouldn't know, haha)

Again, depending on if people actually transition over well enough, and if you're successful on gaining new members xD Hopefully I'll be around to see it then :D

~Sealboy
As someone who has organized several WARs before, yes, you need quite a good while to prepare. There's establishing rules, handling meetings, getting people to make WAR teams, deciding on who is going to judge sections, and a bunch of other things that just can't be done and handled overnight. At this point, it's too late to do all this, and secondly, there's just not enough activity.

The reason why WAR isn't going to take place at PXR this year is because the site and forum need to launch as smoothly as possible, so people are concentrating on making it the best it can be rather than try to handle the WAR on top of everything else. Secondly, PXR needs time to build a community with active members. When the launch has been successful and everything is going smoothly, then maybe a WAR could be considered, but not until next year, when there will be more people interested and willing to participate.
__________________

Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 11:49 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Style Design: AlienSector.com