Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Other Boards » Discussion

Discussion This is for discussion about current events (news), issues, politics, and any other topics of serious discussion. For more casual talk, go to the Other Chat board. Proper sentences, spelling, and grammar is especially strict in this board.

Closed Thread

Old 04-22-2013, 07:43 PM
Teddiursa of the Sky Offline

Send a message via Skype™ to Teddiursa of the Sky
Default Re: pray for boston

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldwynaut View Post
Claiming that I have no place in this thread because you disagree with me is probably the weakest thing I have read today.
Why do you tend to take things on such a personal level? There are people with far more twisted opinions out there than me on the internet, Whats good about the internet is that it allows people to have an equal voice in discussions (or "discussions") like these, you should not take anything said by people you don't even know IRL so personal.
You don't have any place in this thread. The entirety of this thread's purpose is to express condolences for those who are deceased or injured as a result of the Boston terrorist attack. You have done nothing but dispute the moral double standard you assume so many Americans posses, tried to discredit the reaction because of the low mortality rate, and then tried to justify your position by pointing out the meddlesome foreign policies of the United States. So far, you have been posting some of the most weak and pathetic diatribe I have seen on this forum.

What has indicated that I took this on a personal level? The fact that I have relentlessly attacked you for your incredibly insensitive and disgusting comment concerning the deaths of innocent civilians? My reaction to your stupid attempt to deface the character of the American people, including me, by attacking the nations' foreign policy? No one here is preventing you from exercising your free speech, but you are feeling the repercussions of such a right. You have the right to dispel any nonsensical hullabaloo you want, but that means you have to own up when a person criticizes you or your opinion. I assume you think I took it personally because I did not censor my opinions, or because I said a "bad" word. But censorship is against the notion of free speech, which you so clearly support. I let you know what I thought about your moronic display, if you don't want to like it, then don't. I never asked you to.

Last edited by Teddiursa of the Sky; 04-22-2013 at 08:02 PM.
Old 04-22-2013, 09:43 PM
Digital Offline
Cyber Soldier

Send a message via AIM to Digital

This discussion is going off topic. This is the last warning, if it goes off topic again it will closed and you will be infracted.

I know this topic maybe personal, but please respect peoples opinions when posting. I was shocked when I found out that it happened and my wishes go out to all those affected.

Spoiler:
Old 04-22-2013, 11:52 PM
Grassy_Aggron Offline
Nutjob Personified

Send a message via AIM to Grassy_Aggron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Digital View Post
I was shocked when I found out that it happened and my wishes go out to all those affected.
Apparently there was a third bomb, but it didn't go off. I'm very glad - this means that at least some lives and limbs were spared. It also gave the FBI a pretty good idea of how it was built. It's such a shame, but pressure cookers are already bombs in their own right if they can't vent pressure. It's a shame that they're used for that, and even more of a shame they prove to be effective.

I think they have upped the death rate from three to four, but I am not 100% sure. I believe one of the victims was just buried today, as well...
Old 04-23-2013, 07:42 AM
goldwynaut Offline

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teddiursa of the Sky View Post
You don't have any place in this thread. The entirety of this thread's purpose is to express condolences for those who are deceased or injured as a result of the Boston terrorist attack.
If so this is not a discussion, and it does not belong in the discussion section.

Quote:
What has indicated that I took this on a personal level?
because you're so angry

Quote:
The fact that I have relentlessly attacked you for your incredibly insensitive and disgusting comment concerning the deaths of innocent civilians? My reaction to your stupid attempt to deface the character of the American people, including me, by attacking the nations' foreign policy? No one here is preventing you from exercising your free speech, but you are feeling the repercussions of such a right. You have the right to dispel any nonsensical hullabaloo you want, but that means you have to own up when a person criticizes you or your opinion. I assume you think I took it personally because I did not censor my opinions, or because I said a "bad" word. But censorship is against the notion of free speech, which you so clearly support. I let you know what I thought about your moronic display, if you don't want to like it, then don't. I never asked you to.
If you love free speech so much then why does my disgusting and so very very horrible opinion bother you so much that its your duty to prove me wrong? I stood up for my opinion until you downgraded this "discussion" to a series of personal attacks like some politically incorrect redneck. You did not need to attack anyone in this thread--you could just have ignored my post, it was not even serious, i was criticizing Americas huge stupidity then something like this happens, most people would say you're the worst person in this thread, after all, you're the one who started this with a basic kill your self comment.

I see I can never win because you will keep on mindlessly replying until one of us go.
Old 04-23-2013, 02:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldwynaut View Post
If so this is not a discussion, and it does not belong in the discussion section.

because you're so angry

If you love free speech so much then why does my disgusting and so very very horrible opinion bother you so much that its your duty to prove me wrong? I stood up for my opinion until you downgraded this "discussion" to a series of personal attacks like some politically incorrect redneck. You did not need to attack anyone in this thread--you could just have ignored my post, it was not even serious, i was criticizing Americas huge stupidity then something like this happens, most people would say you're the worst person in this thread, after all, you're the one who started this with a basic kill your self comment.

I see I can never win because you will keep on mindlessly replying until one of us go.
We will continue this with a PM because I like to obey forum rules.
Old 04-23-2013, 06:48 PM
Sealboy Offline

Send a message via AIM to Sealboy Send a message via MSN to Sealboy Send a message via Skype™ to Sealboy

I do hope that Boston and America recover from this attack. Terrorism like this shouldn't exist, but unfortunately it does.

I do hope things settle down now after the one's responsible were found. It's a shame none of the two survived though - I'm sure many would have liked to know why they did it :/

Spoiler:
I am also very disappointed that Grassy Aggron was ignored back on the first page. Never did I expect such disrespect towards a Mod from two well-respected members on Pe2k. You should be ashamed of yourselves.

~Sealboy

Click the image above to check out my YouTube Channel - it'd mean a lot.
Old 04-24-2013, 03:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sealboy View Post
I am also very disappointed that Grassy Aggron was ignored back on the first page. Never did I expect such disrespect towards a Mod from two well-respected members on Pe2k. You should be ashamed of yourselves.
I should not, and I will not.
Old 04-24-2013, 04:02 PM
Obliveon Offline

I agree that what happened is terrible. At least they caught the guy.
Old 04-24-2013, 04:50 PM
Typhlosion Explosion Offline
~Blast Burn

Send a message via AIM to Typhlosion Explosion Send a message via Skype™ to Typhlosion Explosion

Mhm, yeah, it's really unfortunate. Those men literally threw their lives away. It makes me realize that these people don't think of the consequences, or think they won't get caught. Now one is dead and the other will probably rot in prison, if he isn't beaten to death first.
Old 04-24-2013, 04:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Typhlosion Explosion View Post
Mhm, yeah, it's really unfortunate. Those men literally threw their lives away. It makes me realize that these people don't think of the consequences, or think they won't get caught. Now one is dead and the other will probably rot in prison, if he isn't beaten to death first.
They did not believe they threw their lives away, nor did they disregard the consequences. They believed they would receive a splendorous afterlife, which was apparently good enough for them to fight for jihad.
Old 04-24-2013, 05:00 PM
~Blast Burn

Send a message via AIM to Typhlosion Explosion Send a message via Skype™ to Typhlosion Explosion

That's even worse, the damage their beliefs cause. Not limited to them, either.

I don't meant to bash any religions, but it's terrible how people think like that...Thank goodness not all people from religions are like this, there wouldn't be many people left. :L
Old 04-24-2013, 05:11 PM

Quote:
That's even worse, the damage their beliefs cause. Not limited to them, either.

I don't meant to bash any religions, but it's terrible how people think like that...Thank goodness not all people from religions are like this, there wouldn't be many people left. :L
At one time, most of the religious people were like that. The Dark Ages, Crusades, numerous Catholic v. Protestant Wars, even the religiously-motivated Holocaust. Sadly, the idea is still very prevalent and very popular.

There is an interesting neurological study posted on Scientific American indicating that those who feel evangelical spirituality, or rather fundamental religiousness, often suffer from deterioration of the hippo campus, which plays vital roles in the consolidation of information from short-term memory to long-term memory and spatial navigation. This may be why so many religious fundamentalists, such as the two Chechens responsible for this attack, are prone to reacting so vehemently.
Old 04-24-2013, 05:18 PM
~Blast Burn

Agreed, fundamentalism is undoubtedly...no very...nice (avoids starting arguments with the religious).

We could be more scientifically advanced if the religious suppression on science didn't occur. Thank goodness a lot of it was left back then, but there is still some of it around today. People accused of witchcraft are still burned at the stake in some countries, Islamic religions protest to have atheist bloggers hanged (one was arrested in India to suit the protesters), etc. It's really, really sickening.

Everyone here is a fundamentalist, and I want to cry.
Old 04-24-2013, 05:37 PM

Quote:
Agreed, fundamentalism is undoubtedly...no very...nice (avoids starting arguments with the religious).

We could be more scientifically advanced if the religious suppression on science didn't occur. Thank goodness a lot of it was left back then, but there is still some of it around today. People accused of witchcraft are still burned at the stake in some countries, Islamic religions protest to have atheist bloggers hanged (one was arrested in India to suit the protesters), etc. It's really, really sickening.

Everyone here is a fundamentalist, and I want to cry.
We definitely would be more scientifically advanced, and a lot less scarred as a collective. It undoubtedly continues today. It is still an issue all around the globe. Creationists and violent anti-homosexual sentiments exist in the United States, brutal sexism and disregard for human rights in the Middle East, all religions keeping Africa down, religious institutions harboring the crime syndicates in South America, the massive Islamic migration occurring in Europe. It is a massive problem for us today. I wish more people would recognize it without fearing public ridicule.

I cannot even begin to feel the fear that many free thinkers posses in some countries. Humanists, secularists, atheists, and the passive religious all pay for the blight of humanity.

Last edited by Teddiursa of the Sky; 04-24-2013 at 05:40 PM.
Old 05-12-2013, 10:52 PM
Judge Dredd Offline
Master of Shadows

I got a chance to look through this thread and to my surprise (sarcasm) two people turned this into a pointless agruement of there own beliefs and thoughts.

I am a humanist and the loss of any life is tragic. That being said people need to get over themselves and their opinions.

Im not a religious person but my thoughts went out to those people. I was also amazed to see how many people ran into the smoke to help out. People arent so willing to just lay down in the eyes of the acts of a few crazy people.

closed for good reason

Dragonair: 33054
Dragonite: 33129
Level100: 33264

GCEA Link Page Pokemon Evolution List

Closed Thread