Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Other Boards » Discussion

Discussion This is for discussion about current events (news), issues, politics, and any other topics of serious discussion. For more casual talk, go to the Other Chat board. Proper sentences, spelling, and grammar is especially strict in this board.

Closed Thread

Old 04-20-2013, 04:31 AM
OldMax Offline

Default pray for boston

Crazy past week down there. Very tragic
Old 04-20-2013, 06:03 PM
Teddiursa of the Sky Offline

Send a message via Skype™ to Teddiursa of the Sky
Default Re: pray for boston

It is very horrible indeed. Odd how these Chechnyans were pulled into the guise of fundamentalism.
Old 04-21-2013, 12:01 PM
goldwynaut Offline

Why are we so mad because of a weak bomb that only killed like 3 people?
Old 04-21-2013, 01:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldwynaut View Post
Why are we so mad because of a weak bomb that only killed like 3 people?
Do us all a favor and jump off a cliff.
Old 04-21-2013, 02:16 PM
goldwynaut Offline

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teddiursa of the Sky View Post
Do us all a favor and jump off a cliff.
Yeah, because thats totally gonna make those 3 People come back from the dead. Are you an american? because americans always start acting retarded then this kind of stuff happens, I bet you want USA to og to war agains east europe too.
Old 04-21-2013, 04:06 PM

Quote:
Yeah, because thats totally gonna make those 3 People come back from the dead. Are you an american? because americans always start acting retarded then this kind of stuff happens, I bet you want USA to og to war agains east europe too.
You think I don't know that? If you follow any of my posts on here, you'd know precisely my position. Contrary to your morbidly misguided opinion, the majority of the United States is war weary and would rather regress in foreign policy.

I am acting crazy or irrational because I grieve the unrighteous pain and deaths of my fellow citizens? F*ck off you sociopathic misanthrope.

Last edited by Teddiursa of the Sky; 04-21-2013 at 04:13 PM.
Old 04-21-2013, 08:03 PM
goldwynaut Offline

Quote:
You think I don't know that? If you follow any of my posts on here, you'd know precisely my position. Contrary to your morbidly misguided opinion, the majority of the United States is war weary and would rather regress in foreign policy.

I am acting crazy or irrational because I grieve the unrighteous pain and deaths of my fellow citizens? F*ck off you sociopathic misanthrope.
But why dont you grieve for the teenagers that were shot by Breivik? or better yet; why dont you grieve for the hundreds of people who die far more painful and grotesque deaths every day in the middle east? are arabic people less worth than white americans in your eyes? do you hate teenagers?

I can understand the shock, america acts like they're the top of the world, and its pretty surprising then something like this happens, but i honestly think a lot of people are overreacting, why should i pray for three people who are already dead? i would rather pray for the thousands of people who die from AIDS and cancer every day, or for the genocide in South Africa to end. Or for the millions of children who starve to death while their countries leaders are just watching.
Old 04-21-2013, 08:42 PM

Quote:
But why dont you grieve for the teenagers that were shot by Breivik? or better yet; why dont you grieve for the hundreds of people who die far more painful and grotesque deaths every day in the middle east? are arabic people less worth than white americans in your eyes? do you hate teenagers?

I can understand the shock, america acts like they're the top of the world, and its pretty surprising then something like this happens, but i honestly think a lot of people are overreacting, why should i pray for three people who are already dead? i would rather pray for the thousands of people who die from AIDS and cancer every day, or for the genocide in South Africa to end. Or for the millions of children who starve to death while their countries leaders are just watching.
I am aware of the numerous more deaths than just those brutal killings in the middle east. What of the numerous who die of malaria, the plague, and AIDS in Africa? I do grieve for those who die in other countries, yet you assume I exclusively mourn for those in this terrorist attack? How in the hell am I wrong in posting my condolences here?

Oh, you can understand the shock? It sure as heck seems that you are incapable of feeling anything. A terrorist attack in one of the United States' most populace, prominent, and important cities? Civilians blown apart in an explosion? Of course people are emotional, what the hell else would you expect from them? Your ignorant perception of America as a whole is ridiculously skewed, and I am normally very critical of my country. Tell me, how many countries have you been to in your life? How many cultures have you experienced?

Get off your high horse, you damned fool.
Old 04-21-2013, 09:53 PM
goldwynaut Offline

Quote:
I am aware of the numerous more deaths than just those brutal killings in the middle east. What of the numerous who die of malaria, the plague, and AIDS in Africa? I do grieve for those who die in other countries, yet you assume I exclusively mourn for those in this terrorist attack? How in the hell am I wrong in posting my condolences here?

Oh, you can understand the shock? It sure as heck seems that you are incapable of feeling anything. A terrorist attack in one of the United States' most populace, prominent, and important cities? Civilians blown apart in an explosion? Of course people are emotional, what the hell else would you expect from them? Your ignorant perception of America as a whole is ridiculously skewed, and I am normally very critical of my country. Tell me, how many countries have you been to in your life? How many cultures have you experienced?

Get off your high horse, you damned fool.
Okay, lets see, I have been to Canada (if that counts, considering that you asked how many cultures i had experienced too, and canada and USA's cultures being identical) the Carribbean, Spain, France and Britan, Not much, although i have extendable knowledge of many cultures
Quote:
How in the hell am I wrong in posting my condolences here?
I never claimed there was something wrong with that, I simply asked a somewhat satirical question
Old 04-21-2013, 10:08 PM

Quote:
Okay, lets see, I have been to Canada (if that counts, considering that you asked how many cultures i had experienced too, and canada and USA's cultures being identical) the Carribbean, Spain, France and Britan, Not much, although i have extendable knowledge of many cultures

I never claimed there was something wrong with that, I simply asked a somewhat satirical question
If you have been to those nations, you'd know that the average person shares universal opinions. What the congress, parliament, or house decides, if you have bothered to research modern foreign policy, very rarely reflects what the people want. The United States' congress' public approval rating is below 30%. The presidents' is below 50%. People clearly do not like the direction the "big shot" U.S is taking. So stop making irrational generalizations, which is something I assume you think Americans are guilty of. Oh, and another tidbit of information. The United States has been significantly reducing their military involvement. The United States is almost completely out of Iraq, and we are preparing to pull out of Afghanistan. The president avoided a war with Libya, and is avoiding one with Iran and Syria. I'd say "big shot" U.S is trying not to be an ass.

Your non-sequitur of a question was a dumb and pointless one.
Old 04-21-2013, 10:14 PM
Grassy_Aggron Offline
Nutjob Personified

Send a message via AIM to Grassy_Aggron

Enough with the arguing, guys. This is a thread for mourning those lost and injured, not for debating if someone has morals.

Gold, if you aren't going to say anything constructive and instead are going to extremely insensitive, you need to leave.

Sky, try to avoid swearing in the future.

I am deeply saddened for those that have been hurt or killed, and I am glad they caught at least one responsible (I would have preferred the other stay alive to have to face his victims face to face, but eh), so at least now they can learn why. Still, it will not bring back those lost or the limbs that were destroyed, and I will hope and pray for them to achieve happiness in their lives.

Last edited by Grassy_Aggron; 04-21-2013 at 10:17 PM.
Old 04-22-2013, 12:29 PM
goldwynaut Offline

Quote:
If you have been to those nations, you'd know that the average person shares universal opinions. What the congress, parliament, or house decides, if you have bothered to research modern foreign policy, very rarely reflects what the people want. The United States' congress' public approval rating is below 30%. The presidents' is below 50%. People clearly do not like the direction the "big shot" U.S is taking. So stop making irrational generalizations, which is something I assume you think Americans are guilty of. Oh, and another tidbit of information. The United States has been significantly reducing their military involvement. The United States is almost completely out of Iraq, and we are preparing to pull out of Afghanistan. The president avoided a war with Libya, and is avoiding one with Iran and Syria. I'd say "big shot" U.S is trying not to be an ass.

U.S is not trying to avoid a war with Iran and Syria, American drones kill hundreds of innocent people every day, this causes many iranians and syrians to develop an intense hatreds for America, because only like 10.000+ people have been unnecessarily killed in American attacks, but thats okay, what is not okay however is that 3000 Americans were killed in a terrorist attack pulled off by the same people whose country has been bombed out completely by America, then that happens many americans get mad and claim that they never did anything to them, and the rest of the world facepalms.
Old 04-22-2013, 12:34 PM
goldwynaut Offline

Quote:

U.S is not trying to avoid a war with Iran and Syria, American drones kill hundreds of innocent people every day, this causes many iranians and syrians to develop an intense hatreds for America, because only like 10.000+ people have been unnecessarily killed in American attacks, but thats okay, what is not okay however is that 3000 Americans were killed in a terrorist attack pulled off by the same people whose country has been bombed out completely by America, then that happens many americans get mad and claim that they never did anything to them, and the rest of the world facepalms.
Old 04-22-2013, 01:20 PM

Quote:
Your ignorance concerning relations with the Middle East is astounding. The Middle East feels a hatred towards us, not because we have engaged in active conflict with them, but because we attempted to control their totalitarian states during the Cold War in an effort to contain the spread of the Soviet empire. And you think that hatred is exclusive to the United States? You think the rest of the world is squeaky clean? If you think there is morality in foreign policy, you have a lot to learn.

According to Pakistani records, a grand total of 3000 people have died from drone attacks since 2004. Stop vomiting out random numbers and claiming them as statistics. You have no place in this thread at all, now leave.

Last edited by Teddiursa of the Sky; 04-22-2013 at 01:28 PM.
Old 04-22-2013, 07:19 PM
goldwynaut Offline

Quote:
According to Pakistani records, a grand total of 3000 people have died from drone attacks since 2004. Stop vomiting out random numbers and claiming them as statistics. You have no place in this thread at all, now leave.
Oh please, I don't "vomit out random numbers and claim them to be statistics" I only assumed that this specific amount of people have died as a result of Americas tyrany in the middle east, and I i do admit that I missed pretty widely.

Claiming that I have no place in this thread because you disagree with me is probably the weakest thing I have read today.
Why do you tend to take things on such a personal level? There are people with far more twisted opinions out there than me on the internet, Whats good about the internet is that it allows people to have an equal voice in discussions (or "discussions") like these, you should not take anything said by people you don't even know IRL so personal.