Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Interactive Boards » Art Boards » Sprite Art

Sprite Art For both Pokemon and non-Pokemon related sprite art.

Old 02-27-2013, 12:40 PM
Decrosse Offline

Talking all my spriting/sprites

well, almost...
SPOILER FOR SIZE
Spoiler:

Some need fixing/redoing/etc, some are meant to not be recolored fusions. for some pokestory I had in mind at one time...

found my grass panel among others, which, means comic should be updating again very soon. Yay!

Emoticon bubble icons on the side are my own edits; made just for my own comic, but if they're helpful feel free to use those in your own comics...
Old 02-28-2013, 12:18 AM
Starbom Offline

Default Re: all my spriting/sprites

Some are good, most are awful. Reshiram/Charizard and Bulbasaur/Charmander are by far the best. The Suicune devamp is also quite good.

The green fusion next to white charizard had potential but you threw too much stuff on it that overwhelms the overall design. (teeth, the big leaf and the mewtwo and rayquaza tails)
Old 02-28-2013, 08:15 AM
Decrosse Offline

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starbom View Post
The green fusion next to white charizard had potential but you threw too much stuff on it that overwhelms the overall design. (teeth, the big leaf and the mewtwo and rayquaza tails)
I like it and it works for the comic; it's already in a panel there somewhere "PKMN: Guardians" it's name Forestaur. Forest-Dinosaur Pokemon, carnivore.

out of them all the "Bulbander" I like most with the Reshizard next (that blue color is from Reshiram's eye)

My most recent is the yellow/golden Entei one...
Old 02-28-2013, 11:23 AM
SuperUltraZekrom Offline

Quote:
Some are good, most are awful.
Well, that was rude! Decrosse, I think your sprites are good. Most are better than mine.

Derp

MY VPP:

Level 100: 1568
Old 02-28-2013, 10:28 PM
Starbom Offline

Zekrom: Honesty m'dear lad. Lol when I first looked at the sprites I thought this was your sub account, didn't you have Decrosse's avatar as yours at one point?

Decrosse: But yeah, the biggest issues are the outlines and the fact that the fused parts aren't all the same color on most (Stares at the one under haxorus , the one under that one, and 2 down from the two dragonites)

Just noticed the two above suicunes, those are pretty good.
Old 02-28-2013, 10:28 PM
Neptune's Disciple Offline

Send a message via AIM to Neptune's Disciple

Quote:
Some are good, most are awful. Reshiram/Charizard and Bulbasaur/Charmander are by far the best. The Suicune devamp is also quite good.
Lets try to be constructive in future, shall we?

Decrosse, I really like the Charmander/Cubone fusion, fusing 'mons with similar body shapes tends to give them a much better composition. Quite a few of your others have a lot of potential, but I would recommend choosing a single colour palette from one of the pokemon and using that. It will help your sprites look more like a united whole rather than segmented parts of various pokemon. I know that a lot of the sprites are used specifically for your comic, but for future spriting I think it would be good to use the mantra 'Less is more.' You can often create sprites with more impact if you combine either less pokemon, or fewer parts of the same pokemon, like you did with the Cubone/Charmander fusion I mentioned earlier. Keep it up

- ND
Old 03-01-2013, 11:24 AM
SuperUltraZekrom Offline

Quote:
Zekrom: Honesty m'dear lad. Lol when I first looked at the sprites I thought this was your sub account, didn't you have Decrosse's avatar as yours at one point?
First of all, this was still rude. If you don't like Decrosse's sprites and you think I am decrosse, so you don't like my sprites? And no i didn't ever have Decrosse's avatar

Derp

MY VPP:

Level 100: 1568
Old 03-02-2013, 06:13 PM
Starbom Offline

Okay, first of all, I was being constructive, or at least trying to be. Secondly, sorry if I offended you people, I thought opinions were allowed to be shared.

Also, Neptune, you basically said what I said, just in more words. Im more to the point haha.
Old 03-08-2013, 02:14 PM
Hei Feng Offline

Loving the Suicune devamp and Gastly.

Neptune's Disciple hit the nail right on the head. I mean, it is your artistic choice whether or not you'd like to shove multiple parts onto a sprite, but definitely consider choosing one colour palette and sticking to it. It will make the pokemon look more natural.
Old 03-28-2013, 04:56 AM
Decrosse Offline

Generally I'd probably agree with the 'less is more', however having seen mega-fusions around the internet...

I find some amazing, but that's just me. like: http://elementalheroshadow2.devianta...4385489&qo=272
Old 05-22-2013, 04:22 PM
Decrosse Offline