Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 Ľ Interactive Boards Ľ Role Play Ľ Role Play Sign Ups & Discussion

Role Play Sign Ups & Discussion Sign up for and discuss Role Plays here. Have anything to ask about a Role Play you're in, or need to put up extra info for people to refer to? What if you need help with an idea that's missing that extra kick? Do it all here!

Old 03-21-2013, 01:09 PM
Dragotech Offline

Default Re: Modern Mythology [SU/DS]

New Dragon now
and another half-human Vampire

Has anyone else thought epic deathmatch between Dragons on their half-vampire steeds?

oh wait did I get that backwards?
Old 03-21-2013, 01:25 PM
Winter Offline

Send a message via Skype™ to Winter

Even if you got it backwards, no.

Banner by me! | My dA | My FF.Net
Old 03-21-2013, 02:39 PM
haybalebarn Offline

Send a message via Skype™ to haybalebarn

They always turn out longer than I want them to... anyways, here's Tiel. 2/3 characters down.

Name: Tielícrec (Pronounced Tea-elícrek.) He goes by Tiel (Tea-el). Iíll give a virtual cookie to the first person who figures out how I made his name. It isnít that difficult.

Age: At least a thousand years old, if not more. Age is irrelevant to him. In human form he appears to be in his twenties.

Race: Thunderbird-Pheonix hybrid. He shares almost all his traits with phoenixes, so I shall define my version of them here. Phoenixes are grand, majestic birds that are most famous for one trait: theyíre immortal. Phoenixes never die, instead when they are in a situation in which they would die; their bodies disappear in a flurry, and all that remains is an egg. When the egg hatches, the phoenix bursts out exactly as they had been before reverting into egg form, both physically and mentally. A phoenix can only truly die when they have decided they have lived long enough, and when they do die, sometime in the near future a new phoenix egg will be laid somewhere else in the world, keeping the population of phoenixes in the world always the exact same amount. After they reach maturity, phoenixes will never age, always remaining youthful, looking to be in their twenties. Now, phoenixes also are elementally related to fire, but this is irrelevant in Tielís case so I wonít elaborate. Please note that this is simply my personal version of a phoenix.

Affiliation
: Secrecy. Tiel is so secretive he tends to hide from other mythological creatures as well, and only a few know of his existence.

Appearance
: I just realized that Tiel has 4 different forms, so forgive me if I donít include a ton of detail. Anyways, letís begin.
In his natural form, Tiel takes the shape of a giant raven. He can vary the size considerably, the smallest size having a wingspan of about six feet, the largest size having a wingspan of fifty feet. His plumage is the glossy black of a ravenís wing, but the edges of the feathers are a bold yellow and the bases of the feathers an electric blue, with the black being between the two unnatural colors. Occasionally a blue static spark may shock between his feathers. His eyes are an unnaturally bright yellow with an electric blue halo surrounding the pupil.

In human form, Tiel stands at five feet eleven inches tall. His blond hair falls down past his ears, but it typically clumps together in spikes, sticking out together in every which way. (Think anime style messy spiky hair.) If one looks closely, they may notice his hair has a blue tint to it, and if one were to poke and prod around his head, they would soon discover that the roots of his hair are blue, with the odd strand never turning blond as it grew longer, adding to the electric blue tinge (Did you know tinge isnít a word? I didnít, but I like it, so Iíll use in anyways). His eyes are the same yellow with blue halo as in his natural form. A silver necklace in the shape of a single feather rests around his neck. He wears black combat boots, tan cargo pants, and a bright yellow shirt with slits cut in the back around the shoulders. From these slips, two wings protrude; they appear exactly as his wings do in his natural form.

Raven form is rather boring, as there isnít much to write about. In raven form, Tiel looks like your typical raven, although slightly large than normal. His eyes are also the same as in his other forms: electric yellow with a halo of electric blue.

Finally, we get to egg form. At first glance, Tielís egg form looks like a glass orb. Although it is a bit heavy, it can fit into a manís hand easily enough. Inside the sphere, blue electrical energy pulses and plays along this glass, almost like one of those static orbs that cause peopleís hair to stand up.

Personality
: Tiel is generally quiet and reserved, thinking his own thoughts. He tends to be rather shy, but this does not mean he will run away from people, but rather that it is rare for him to start a conversation and also may not speak up in discussions if he is not comfortable with enough of the people there. When he finally becomes comfortable with a person, some of the quietness goes away, although it still remains in his voice. He tends to be very inquisitive after he is made comfortable with someone, and itís obvious he tends to think deeply. In human form, he is more likely to speak up even when he isnít comfortable with a person, but itís still a rather unlikely occurrence. Tiel generally has a kind and generous heart, but he is so quiet and shy that people tend not to realize heís even around.

History: To be honest, Tielís history is rather boring. Despite being a hybrid coming from a phoenix father and a thunderbird mother, Tiel has always been accepted by the few other members of these species heís met. Growing up he was kind, quiet, and studious, and his life was content. Long after he reached adulthood, he remained in his parents roost, for he simply could not be bothered to leave. Sadly, thunderbirds are not immortal like phoenixes, and two years in the past, his mother died of old age.

Over the next year, his father began returning to the roost less and less, and the few times he and Tiel did speak, Tielís father often suggested that he was soon going to allow himself to move onto the next life. About a year before the beginning of the rp, after another of his fatherís visits, Tiel heard a loud shriek from around the roost. Eventually, he found feathers on the ground and a few other signs that his father had given up his immortality. Something about the scene felt strange, but he put the thoughts aside. Soon, he began traveling, his curiosity about the world too great, and as he began overhearing stories of supernatural creatures disappearing mysteriously, he started to worry that something sinister may have happened to his father. Because of this, he has begun searching for clues far and wide to see if he can find any evidence that his father is still somewhere out in the world. So far, he has found none.

Weapons/Abilities:
+Phoenix Immortality. Across all of his forms, if Tiel were to receive fatal wounds, he will revert into his egg form, to hatch from it again in three daysí time.

True form:
+Natural weapons. In his true form, Tiel has massive beaks and claws that can be used to rip things to shreds.
+Storm Magic. As an elemental creature, Tiel has deep connections to the power of the storm. In his true form, his powers are the strongest. He can generate and control massive amounts of electricity to do whatever he pleases, or summon winds comparable to the strongest storm. He can summon huge thunderstorms to boost his own power, or summon small lightning clouds to endlessly follow and shock a target.
+Shocking reversion. When Tiel is forced into his egg form from his true form, he releases one last powerful blast of electricity all around him which he can control well enough so that it does avoids allies.
+Easy transformation. When in his true form, Tiel can easily transform into his human or raven forms in a matter of thirty seconds or less. The process is painless for him, and the magic conveniently summons his clothes from whatever pocket dimension theyíre in when he turns into a human. He can transform through most injuries or pain in this form.
+Size variance. When Tiel transforms into his true form, he can choose the size that he wishes to be, within certain parameters. Once he is in his natural form, he cannot change his size any longer. If he wishes to change his size, he must first transform into his human or raven form, and then back into his true form at the desired size.

Human form:
+Tiel still has access to all his Storm powers when in human form, although to a lesser degree than in his true form.
+Wings. Pretty straight forward, he has wings which give him the ability to fly. He has managed to use his magical power to create a weak spell around them to hide them, but since it is rather outside his elemental field, they are only protected from the sight of normal humans. Supernatural creatures or humans who know of the supernatural will most likely be able to see his wings just fine.
+Transformation. When in human form, it takes him around thirty seconds to return to his true form, and about a minute to transform into raven form. In human form, he can transform through some pain and injury, although not excessive amounts.

Raven form:
+The almost perfect disguise. When in raven form, no matter how well a person is able to pick out mythical creatures from a crowd, Tiel will not be recognized as a mythical creature. The only hint that he may be a mythical creature is his electric yellow eyes with their curious blue halo, and the fact that if he slips up, he might sound too human while talking.
+Tiel can still speak English while in Raven form, since ravens are language capable.
-Difficult transformation. Transforming into raven form is typically rather easy. To transform back into his true or human forms, Tiel must wait a full five minutes for the transformation to complete.
-Pain blocks transformation. If Tiel is injured or in serious pain when in raven form, he will be unable to transform back into his human or true forms.

Egg form:
+Power transferal. While in egg form, Tiel is able to give people holding his egg the ability to imperfectly control electricity and wind if he so desires. They shouldnít try to do anything crazy though, as he can only give so much assistance in control.
+Telepathy. While in egg form, he has a short range telepathy, typically five feet around him, but if he concentrates he can speak over longer distances.
-Heís trapped in a freaking egg. He can barely do anything but wait around for three days until he hatches.
-The pain of immortality. Phoenixes must pay a price for their immortality. Although they can never be killed because of their ability to turn into their eggs, the process of turning into their egg form causes immense pain as their physical body is transformed into magical energy while they recuperate. And for Tiel, because he is not a true phoenix, the pain of turning into a magical "egg" is multiplied tenfold. Because of this, he will only use egg form when absolutely necessary. He would rather wait years for a serious injury to heal than to quickly heal the injury by forcing a situation that causes him to go into egg form, the pain is too great to even consider it.
-Imperfect immortality. Tiel is a hybrid, and although he was lucky enough to receive the gift of immortality from his phoenix parent, this immortality is not perfect, draining his life force whenever he reverts to egg form, and it takes him weeks to recover from this drain. The simplest way to explain how it works is a tier system. Whenever he transforms into an egg, he goes down a tier, and if a certain time limit is passed without transforming into an egg, he goes up one tier. Here are the tiers:
1. Perfectly normal.
2. Inability to transform into thunderphoenix form, weakness. 3 weeks without egg form to move up one tier.
3. In ability to transform into human or thunderphoenix forms. 2 weeks without egg form to move up one tier.
4. If this stage is reached, Tiel will fade from existence. Slowly, the electrical energy will dim from inside his egg until it is nothing more than a glass orb. The only way he can be saved from fading away is if someone else donates a significant portion of their life force to stabilize him. The person must have the knowledge and ability to do such a thing though, so it is unlikely this will happen.
-Raven incompatibility. This could also be put under his raven form, but I'll put it here. Because his raven form holds absolutely no magical power, if he is forced to transform into an egg from raven form, on the tier list above, he will drop two tiers, instead of one.
Other:

Last edited by haybalebarn; 03-29-2013 at 03:36 AM.
Old 03-23-2013, 05:23 AM
Winter Offline

Hmm, Tiel is powerful, but we'll have to see how things play out. He sounds like someone Leena would be interested in meeting, TBH. XD Accepted.

Old 03-23-2013, 05:27 AM
Cobalt Shadow Offline

Send a message via MSN to Cobalt Shadow Send a message via Skype™ to Cobalt Shadow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winter View Post
Hmm, Tiel is powerful, but we'll have to see how things play out. He sounds like someone Leena would be interested in meeting, TBH. XD Accepted.
Jaye and I have been talking. Soren would be OP if he weren't an idiot. I am planning some CD where he will be smarter, but I will weaken him ha ha

Dragotech, Eternal Moonlight and I are the PE2k Wolf Pack! Fear Fredward the Sparklepire, Bidoof the Soulless and Slenderfairy!
Banner Made by Me
Old 03-23-2013, 05:30 AM
Winter Offline

But he is crazy. He'd also have an interesting time fighting Leena, seeing as one of her main weapons is lightning. And CD? Not familiar with that term.

Old 03-23-2013, 05:32 AM
Cobalt Shadow Offline

Send a message via MSN to Cobalt Shadow Send a message via Skype™ to Cobalt Shadow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winter View Post
But he is crazy. He'd also have an interesting time fighting Leena, seeing as one of her main weapons is lightning. And CD? Not familiar with that term.
Character Development.

I will look at Leenas SU now. His recklessness is his weakness. EG he could kill someone easier if he were to think about a smart way to do it. But he will run straight in and probably fail ha ha

Dragotech, Eternal Moonlight and I are the PE2k Wolf Pack! Fear Fredward the Sparklepire, Bidoof the Soulless and Slenderfairy!
Banner Made by Me
Old 03-23-2013, 05:40 AM
Winter Offline

Ah.

Lol, there's a lot in Leena's SU, but think of it this way...very old Warlock can handle herself. He'd have a heck of a time with other characters of mine that could possibly make an appearance as well...Morgan is a freaking "Thunder" magic branch fanatic, and he knows how to use it very well...and his mother is freaking magical powerhouse when she so chooses to be.

Recklessness and possibly science, provided one really thought about how to fight him.

Old 03-23-2013, 05:43 AM
Cobalt Shadow Offline

ha ha Soren is mostly out to get Dalton. Personal reasons. If Chandler chooses to come with Dalton, it could be a civil war ha ha. BTW I added you on skype so we can discuss small things like this without spamming the SU since the last two pages are mostly us ha ha

Banner Made by Me
Old 03-23-2013, 05:44 AM
Winter Offline

Lol, I noticed that in your last post. And you did? Because I'm not getting a contact request...

Old 03-23-2013, 05:47 AM
Cobalt Shadow Offline

winter-oneechan? The one on your profile? if you still haven't got it, I am jacooby_cookie95 ha ha

Banner Made by Me
Old 03-23-2013, 05:53 AM
Winter Offline

Did you use the button on here to try adding me? I think you have to manually input it into your Skype search bar. Not that it matters, I found you. XD

Old 03-23-2013, 03:45 PM
haybalebarn Offline

Send a message via Skype™ to haybalebarn

Yeah, I can see your concern's with Tiel, but truthfully, he's a bit balanced with his personality like Rise. He is so concerned about keeping himself secret, even from other supernatural beings, than he will rarely be in his true form, and that's the form where he'll have the most power. Thanks for accepting him! My final character sign-up will be finished sometime soon, and she's considerably less powerful than Rise and Tiel. After that, I can finally get into the rp!
Old 03-23-2013, 09:03 PM
CherryTomato Offline

Can people still sign up for this? It looks fun and I would like to join.

Banner made by me.
Old 03-23-2013, 09:09 PM
Winter Offline

Yup. XD Hay is just finishing his SUs as well, and I'm adding another character of my own as well. As long as you feel you can jump into the RP, feel free to sign up.