Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Intro Boards » PE2K Front Desk

PE2K Front Desk Forum announcements will be posted here. Any questions, suggestions or ideas concerning the forum or the website should also be posted in here. If you need help on your avatar or signature, or help on using the forum, this is the place to go.

Old 02-24-2013, 07:08 AM
Cobalt Shadow Offline

Send a message via MSN to Cobalt Shadow Send a message via Skype™ to Cobalt Shadow
Default More advertisements

Now I understand people generally hate ads, but hear me out.

I can't remember who I heard it off, but I remember hearing that PE2k is surviving in this dead state off advertisements. But after looking at the website, I have seen only one ad slot (correct me if I am wrong). Most days we are lucky to get 15 people on at once.

I was looking at another forum I am part of, and had a look at their advertisements. They have 3 on every page, and an extra one on the actual threads. That forum is always buzzing with activity. They are making enough money off advertisements to keep it up to date.

Would getting another advertisment slot or two on the forum, and a few more advertisers bring in enough money over time to upgarde the forum? I know we are having some lag issues here. I dread editing posts and stalking people. As well as there are a few bot issues as well.

Just a thought. I know people hate ads. I hate them. But honestly, my desire to see this place more alive is kinda negating my hate for ads. Maybe just another one down the side or at the bottom?

Dragotech, Eternal Moonlight and I are the PE2k Wolf Pack! Fear Fredward the Sparklepire, Bidoof the Soulless and Slenderfairy!
Banner Made by Me
Old 02-25-2013, 05:14 PM
goldwynaut Offline

Default Re: More advertisements

Is there an ad slot? sorry, i forgot, i have been too busy not being annoyed by ads with adblock+
Spoiler:

ZOMG no ads guise! the future is here!
Old 02-25-2013, 05:22 PM
Dark Moonlight Offline

I don't think it's about the advertisements. I just think that this forum isn't as buzzing with activity as it used to be.

Spoiler:
Old 02-26-2013, 05:47 AM
Cobalt Shadow Offline

Send a message via MSN to Cobalt Shadow Send a message via Skype™ to Cobalt Shadow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Moonlight View Post
I don't think it's about the advertisements. I just think that this forum isn't as buzzing with activity as it used to be.
What I am getting at is upgrades for the forum, eg to remove lag, get rid of spam bots etc, might help bring people to it. The forum can't afford to get these upgrades at the moment, so a few more ads might help it financially.

Dragotech, Eternal Moonlight and I are the PE2k Wolf Pack! Fear Fredward the Sparklepire, Bidoof the Soulless and Slenderfairy!
Banner Made by Me
Old 02-28-2013, 12:04 AM
Pokemon Trainer Sarah Offline
Expecto Patronum!

Send a message via AIM to Pokemon Trainer Sarah Send a message via MSN to Pokemon Trainer Sarah

It's not really a matter of affording anything, I don't think. Ryan has been informed that we have people willing to donate but it's really up to him to decide on that and set it all up, which he doesn't seem interested in pursuing right now. There's really not much we can do about it without him. :(
Old 02-28-2013, 12:27 AM
Cobalt Shadow Offline

Damn. How long has Ryan been gone?

How was the beach Sarah? Did melborunes storms hit it hard? Soo much rain...

Banner Made by Me
Old 02-28-2013, 12:29 AM
Cobalt Shadow Offline

Banner Made by Me
Old 02-28-2013, 10:14 AM
Pokemon Trainer Sarah Offline
Expecto Patronum!

Send a message via AIM to Pokemon Trainer Sarah Send a message via MSN to Pokemon Trainer Sarah

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cobalt Shadow View Post

He still drops by every now and then to keep things running, but he doesn't have time to do much besides that. He wasn't active even when I joined so I'm not sure. xD

Beach was awesome. We avoided the rain until the last day. It poured on the way home though, kinda scary going down the windy mountain roads!
Old 02-28-2013, 10:27 AM
Cobalt Shadow Offline

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pokemon Trainer Sarah View Post
He still drops by every now and then to keep things running, but he doesn't have time to do much besides that. He wasn't active even when I joined so I'm not sure. xD

Beach was awesome. We avoided the rain until the last day. It poured on the way home though, kinda scary going down the windy mountain roads!
****! It's been that long? (I put the censorship there myself, before people think I actually cussed and the forum censored it)

My swimming carnival for school was supposed to be at Doncaster pool on Tuesday. It was cancelled because of the rain. I dressed up as Slenderman with a free hugs sign for nothing DX

Banner Made by Me
Old 02-28-2013, 10:17 PM
Neptune's Disciple Offline

Send a message via AIM to Neptune's Disciple

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pokemon Trainer Sarah View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cobalt Shadow View Post
****! It's been that long? (I put the censorship there myself, before people think I actually cussed and the forum censored it)

My swimming carnival for school was supposed to be at Doncaster pool on Tuesday. It was cancelled because of the rain. I dressed up as Slenderman with a free hugs sign for nothing DX
Still coming up to the gold coast Sarah? Look at you Melbournians, with your cool city and your culture. Don't even get me started on daylight saving. Welcome to Queensland, where time froze on July 19, 1969.

Dressing as Slenderman sounds like quite possibly the creepiest costume I've ever heard of... Did you have the tentacle arms and everything?

Back on topic... I've never known Ryan to be active ever since I joined (which was way back in 2002, under the username Master Charizard and before VBulletin). If advertising would help, then I'm all for it, but I don't think it's very likely to happen any time soon as Ryan seems pretty happy to just let it continue as normal.

- ND
Old 02-28-2013, 11:54 PM
Typhlosion Explosion Offline
~Blast Burn

Send a message via AIM to Typhlosion Explosion Send a message via Skype™ to Typhlosion Explosion

I (and a few others) think PE2K's fate is...sealed. Doesn't seem like Ryan is ever coming back to full activity, does it?!
Old 03-01-2013, 09:08 AM
Judgmental Arceus Offline

Send a message via Yahoo to Judgmental Arceus Send a message via Skype™ to Judgmental Arceus

Though I joined late in PE2K's history, was there ever a time when Ryan was really active (except maybe the first month)? Even Sarah stated herself that he wasn't very active when she joined in '05 and he hasn't been active when I joined years later.

I think the best way to attract new trainers is (dare I say it) find a way to divert and monopolize on the traffic from other big Pokémon forums. As a part of a small One Piece forum, when the big forum Arlong Park went down temporarily, a bit of the traffic went to the small forum I'm a part of. Thus, finding a way to direct the traffic from Bulbagarden, Pokébeach and Marriland to PE2K should gradually rope people.

Tbh I think the biggest disadvantage for PE2K is the sheer number of Pokémon forums. In addition to the two I mentioned above, there's also the high traffic Serebii (which I would bet y'all wouldn't want a large part of their traffic, especially forum-wise) and Smogon (same deal). With so many forums for the same basic franchise, we would need some gimmick that sets us apart from the crowd.

For example, our biggest attribute is (or was) our sprite resource and art boards. If we can get that to draw a crowd we could get our share of the traffic.

Last edited by Judgmental Arceus; 03-01-2013 at 09:12 AM.