Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Interactive Boards » Role Play » Role Play Sign Ups & Discussion

Role Play Sign Ups & Discussion Sign up for and discuss Role Plays here. Have anything to ask about a Role Play you're in, or need to put up extra info for people to refer to? What if you need help with an idea that's missing that extra kick? Do it all here!

Old 02-09-2013, 03:29 AM
Moofius Offline

Default Re: Modern Mythology [SU/DS]

I'll also be north because, yeah, frost giant.

Also, because I can't seem to find it in the RPers guide/handbook/anywhere on google...

What do you guys mean by ARPers? SeriouslyIcouldn'tfinditmentionnedanywherebutpleas eprovemewrong. I'd love to be proven wrong on this one.

Also if anyone is northern now and wants a place where they can stay or whatever Sopi basically resides outside of town in a cabin in the middle of the woods. So it's a nice place to catch your breath and have a bit of privacy while you're at it.

JustsoI'mnotjustpostingreallydumbquestionsalltheti me,nsdjdhksada.
Old 02-09-2013, 03:39 AM
Dragotech Offline

I don't know why we put an A in front of it because I am sure it stands for Roleplayers, but yeah
Sorry bout the short post guys, I didn't have to much to say quite yet.

Is thinking about creating a character based off of a Crossroads Demon from the Supernatural franchise
and maybe giving him a HellHou- Puppy
Old 02-09-2013, 04:34 AM
Winter Offline

Send a message via Skype™ to Winter

Thought you said something about Sopi and Europe, didn't you, Moofius?

And "ARPers" stands for "Affected RPers", it's something that got picked up in an older RP where there were a bunch of characters in different places to the point that it made the most sense to basically give the RPers a heads-up as to what posts concerned them. For me and a few others, it's kind of carried over into everything because it's convenient. Sorry. XD

Leena and crew are prolly in New York. I see Leena liking big buildings. XD

And I'm not familiar with Supernatural...but Hellhounds are fun.

Banner by me! | My dA | My FF.Net
Old 02-20-2013, 10:41 AM
Cobalt Shadow Offline

Send a message via MSN to Cobalt Shadow Send a message via Skype™ to Cobalt Shadow

Well this is awkward. Okay I left MM because I hadn't started yet, and I didn;t have the time. Well a bunch of RPs I am a part of have died or become extremely inactive. So I want in again. But with a new character. I am planning on writing a story, with this main character, but I want to RP as him to develop him a bit

Name: Dalton Amaro

Race: Half Human, Half Vampire

Affiliation: Lone Vampire hunter. Will join others if need be. Pro Secrecy

Appearance: Tall, and pale, but muscular from training. Has long straight black hair which covers one eye, but he ties it back when he needs to concentrate. Wears black jeans, and a Black hoodie, with a grey trench coat. Sewed inside the trench coat are a holster for his gun, and inside the sleeve in a sheath for his knife. He has four lines tattooed on his wrist, one for each vampire he has killed.

Personality: When on the job, Dalton lets nothing get in his way. He is cold, and calculating, and survival is a must. The getting the job done is his first priority. Being nice isn't an option. By the end of it, there must be a dead vampire. He refuses to accept failure.

When not hunting Vampires, Dalton is generally a friendly person, and is more relaxed. He will make a joke or two, and be more optimistic. However whenever he hears word of a Vampire causing problems, that becomes first priority. Though he is a vampire hunter, he will not kill a vampire unless they deserve it, and are generally a danger.

History: Dalton's father was a vampire, and his mother (Mary) a human. His birth father was the head of a vampire gang in the UK, who did horrible things. When Mary was pregnant with Dalton, she witnessed Dalton's father kill someone in cold blood. When one of the members of the gang (Stefan (Another Vampire)) intervened, he was almost killed. He and Mary fell in love, and ran away together to USA. They lived in hiding there, and Dalton was born a little while later. They told Dalton that Stefan was his father, and Dalton still believes this. He has no idea about his true father.

They remained hidden until Dalton was 9. The gang managed to track Stefan and Mary down and killed them. Dalton was told they died in a car accident. After this he lived with his grandparents. He didn't learn the truth about his parents until he was 16. He got into a fight with three guys after school, and won using vampiric abilities.This was the first time he used his powers, and didn't know the truth. They were seriously injured, and Dalton was sentenced to six months house arrest. Later that night, his grandmother gave him a letter that Mary asked her to give to Dalton should the time come where he shows traits of being a vampire. She also told him the truth about Mary and Stefan's death. They were killed by Vampires.

The letter told Dalton that Stefan was a vampire, and that Dalton himself was half vampire, but also said that Stefan was his biological father (lies) and that they were hiding because the gang didn't approve of them being together (though she said it was because she was mortal (more lies)).

During his house arrest, Dalton started training with his powers. By the time he was 19, he had mastered them, and began his career as a vampire hunter, with the goal to find the vampires who killed his parents, and kill them.

He is currently living in England, attempting to find his parent's killers.

Weapons/Abilities: Dalton carries two weapons. a Suppressed S&W .500 Magnum revolver, and a knife (like the combat knife in COD). These are generally hidden from plain sight, but never too far away if the need for them arises.

Due to being half vampire, he has some watered down abilities of a full vampire.
All of these powers but bloodlust do not work in sunlight.

Enhanced Speed
Much faster than a human, but not as fast as a Vampire.
Enhanced Strength
Stronger than a human, but not a Vampire
Enhanced Balance and Agility
You get the picture.
Enhanced Smell and hearing
Dalton has sensitive hearing, which makes it hard to sneak up on him. However loud music, power tools etc, will hurt him much easier than a human.
When it comes to blood, Dalton can smell it. This is how he will distinguish a Vampire from a human. Vampires will smell more like blood than humans, which is generally what will give them away to Dalton. However if a Vampire cleans themselves thoroughly after feeding, they can pass off as a human to Dalton. If a human wounds themselves, and doesn't clean up, Dalton may mistake them for a vampire.
Pyrokinesis
The ability to generate and manipulate fire

Bloodlust (works in sunlight)
Being part Vampire, Dalton needs to drink blood regularly. Not as much as a full vampire, but still often. He will only drink animal blood. He is afraid that if he drinks human blood, he will become addicted, and kill someone innocent to fuel the addiction.
3 days without blood: Headaches
5 days without blood: Nausea
1 week without blood: Hallucinations.
As time goes on these symptoms become worse.

I am hoping this can help me develop the main character for my story.

Dragotech, Eternal Moonlight and I are the PE2k Wolf Pack! Fear Fredward the Sparklepire, Bidoof the Soulless and Slenderfairy!
Banner Made by Me

Last edited by Cobalt Shadow; 02-26-2013 at 05:42 AM.
Old 02-24-2013, 05:31 PM
Winter Offline

Welcome back, Cobalt.

First off, I notice one glaring problem: You fail to mention what Dalton's weaknesses as a half-vampire are, minus the fact that most of his abilities don't work in the sun...but how sensitive to the sun is he? I've seen several different kinds of vampire--some can't go into sunlight at all, some need certain items to go into sunlight, others can endure sunlight, but it weakens them or they can easily get wicked sunburn, some aren't bothered by it at all. And how "fragile" is he? Is he more or less susceptible to death than the normal human? And as someone who has a half-vamp character myself (not here, though she was in another RP some time ago) you might want to think about how his mother got him blood before he learned he was a half-vamp for your story. You also might want to think about how you're going to bring him into the RP group...though that goes for everyone. Otherwise he looks fine.

As for everyone else; please, if you're still in, let me know or just go ahead and post. I was in Hawaii for a week and am disappointed to come back to find the no one has posted since Doodle... So let me know if you're still going to RP or not or post.

Old 02-26-2013, 04:48 AM
Cobalt Shadow Offline

Send a message via MSN to Cobalt Shadow Send a message via Skype™ to Cobalt Shadow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winter View Post
Welcome back, Cobalt.

First off, I notice one glaring problem: You fail to mention what Dalton's weaknesses as a half-vampire are, minus the fact that most of his abilities don't work in the sun...but how sensitive to the sun is he? I've seen several different kinds of vampire--some can't go into sunlight at all, some need certain items to go into sunlight, others can endure sunlight, but it weakens them or they can easily get wicked sunburn, some aren't bothered by it at all. And how "fragile" is he? Is he more or less susceptible to death than the normal human? And as someone who has a half-vamp character myself (not here, though she was in another RP some time ago) you might want to think about how his mother got him blood before he learned he was a half-vamp for your story. You also might want to think about how you're going to bring him into the RP group...though that goes for everyone. Otherwise he looks fine.

As for everyone else; please, if you're still in, let me know or just go ahead and post. I was in Hawaii for a week and am disappointed to come back to find the no one has posted since Doodle... So let me know if you're still going to RP or not or post.
Okay so the effects Sunlight has on Dalton:
During the day he feels tired like a normal working class person late at night. He is mostly nocturnal, but can manipulate his sleep patten over the course of a few days. However he will never be as energetic during the day as a full human, but will be much more energetic at night. His eyes are adjusted for the darkness of night, and therefore is sensitive to too much light and prefer's to stay in the shade. His skin burns easily, but sunlight won't kill him unless he gets skin cancer from too much burning.

As for the blood thing you mentioned with his mother, he always had the vampire blood in him. However this didn't kick in until puberty. He wasn't require to drink blood to get his powers.

As for death susceptibility, Dalton will heal small wounds faster than a human, but can still be killed by a bad stab wound or a gunshot somewhere fatal.

Working on post now. I was never notified of your acceptance XD.

Dragotech, Eternal Moonlight and I are the PE2k Wolf Pack! Fear Fredward the Sparklepire, Bidoof the Soulless and Slenderfairy!
Banner Made by Me
Old 02-27-2013, 01:26 AM
Velocity Offline
ASB Official

I'm still in - just waiting for another post or two.

Thanks, Speed and Dino and also Speed! :D
Old 02-27-2013, 03:31 AM
Cobalt Shadow Offline

I made a post. Dalton is currently in LA. but if anyone wants him to meet their characters, he can easily get somewhere else in the USA.

Banner Made by Me
Old 02-27-2013, 04:11 AM
Dragotech Offline

LA? Louisana? Las Angeles? Somewhere else in the world?

I am half tempted to go ahead and post a travel post to somewhere
How many are left to do there first post. (is gonna feel silly if that is no one)
Old 02-27-2013, 04:13 AM
Cobalt Shadow Offline

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragotech View Post
LA? Louisana? Las Angeles? Somewhere else in the world?

I am half tempted to go ahead and post a travel post to somewhere
How many are left to do there first post. (is gonna feel silly if that is no one)

Los Angeles ha ha

Banner Made by Me
Old 02-27-2013, 04:19 AM
Dragotech Offline

I see
I went and checked to see if you put it in the post

You murderer
already killing innocent monsters in your first post?
Haha, I am kidding
Old 02-27-2013, 04:20 AM
Cobalt Shadow Offline

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragotech View Post
I see
I went and checked to see if you put it in the post

You murderer
already killing innocent monsters in your first post?
Haha, I am kidding
Damn straight ha ha He was far from innocent.

Banner Made by Me
Old 02-27-2013, 05:05 AM
Winter Offline

There's at least Sabi and Chibi, AcrossTheUniverse...maybe others? Not entirely sure wjo all hasn't posted.

I dunno who you'd meet--not sure anyone is that far west in the RP as of yet. However...does Dalton work with an organization or solo? The random vamp deaths might get Laura called up, if he's working free from organizations... I feel sorry for LA, though, with you unleashing Dalton on it--such a lovely city...well, the parts I've been to.

Hopefully things won't be so dull soon; Nar, er, Socratic made an interesting plot suggestion that might get some moving, but not everyone...mainly those with demon relations, as far as I can tell.

Old 02-27-2013, 05:18 AM
Dragotech Offline

Ooh someone raising Hell? In a literal sense?

Will we be hazing Hell on Earth?

And enough of the Hellishly stupid puns.

We may need to work on getting together for a coffee or something! Yay party at Starbucks Somewhere, World, In this dimmension (Preferably)
Old 02-27-2013, 05:28 AM
Winter Offline

Um, Dragotech, what the heck are you going on about?