Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  
 

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Other Boards » Other Chat

Other Chat For non-Pokemon discussion on everything else. For casual talk only, any more serious topics such as current events, should be in the Discussion. You can talk about anything else that is not covered in the other "Other Boards" that are above.


Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #5041  
Old 02-17-2013, 07:59 PM
Neku Sakuraba's Avatar
Neku Sakuraba Offline
Sound Garden
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Fruity Rumpus Rainbow Factory. >:I
Posts: 3,310
Send a message via AIM to Neku Sakuraba Send a message via Skype™ to Neku Sakuraba
Default Re: Daily Chit Chat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Typhlosion Explosion View Post
Glameow is so cute. :3 <3
>Starts out cute
>Becomes derpy and fat
__________________

Links
Code:
Level 100: 3287 Proud Deviant of the PE2K Deviants
Have PesterChum for some reason? Contact me on it! (neonSound)
Reply With Quote
  #5042  
Old 02-17-2013, 08:08 PM
Typhlosion Explosion's Avatar
Typhlosion Explosion Offline
~Blast Burn
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: New Bark Town
Posts: 5,956
Send a message via AIM to Typhlosion Explosion Send a message via Skype™ to Typhlosion Explosion
Default Re: Daily Chit Chat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neku Sakuraba View Post
>Starts out cute
>Becomes derpy and fat
I was trying to avoid saying that in case people liked them. xD 'Cept for Gen III and I. They must receive my hatred publicly.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #5043  
Old 02-17-2013, 08:35 PM
Dark Moonlight's Avatar
Dark Moonlight Offline
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Ivalice
Posts: 1,952
Default Re: Daily Chit Chat

I liked Gen III a lot. It was quite fun and cool.
__________________

Spoiler:
Reply With Quote
  #5044  
Old 02-17-2013, 09:16 PM
3m0d0ll's Avatar
3m0d0ll Offline
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: t(//_^ t)
Posts: 3,884
Send a message via AIM to 3m0d0ll Send a message via Skype™ to 3m0d0ll
Default Re: Daily Chit Chat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Moonlight View Post
I liked Gen III a lot. It was quite fun and cool.
Team Aqua is probably my favorite group of villains. :]
__________________
I need a new sig, uhg.
██ ->>> Links. Twin: Justin. Pair: Corey. ||・
Reply With Quote
  #5045  
Old 02-17-2013, 10:21 PM
Typhlosion Explosion's Avatar
Typhlosion Explosion Offline
~Blast Burn
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: New Bark Town
Posts: 5,956
Send a message via AIM to Typhlosion Explosion Send a message via Skype™ to Typhlosion Explosion
Default Re: Daily Chit Chat

The main reason I dislike Gen III is because of the Pokemon. I only like a handful. The others imo...ugh.

I don't like Gen I because graphics and glitches. It's not all that bad, just not preferred by me. :P
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #5046  
Old 02-17-2013, 10:54 PM
Neku Sakuraba's Avatar
Neku Sakuraba Offline
Sound Garden
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Fruity Rumpus Rainbow Factory. >:I
Posts: 3,310
Send a message via AIM to Neku Sakuraba Send a message via Skype™ to Neku Sakuraba
Default Re: Daily Chit Chat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Typhlosion Explosion View Post
The main reason I dislike Gen III is because of the Pokemon. I only like a handful. The others imo...ugh.

I don't like Gen I because graphics and glitches. It's not all that bad, just not preferred by me. :P
I hate when people say they hate the graphics of Gen I. It makes me think that they don't understand the graphical limitations of the original GameBoy. Unless they're talking about the Gen III revamp of Gen I for some reason, then I'm fine with it.
__________________

Links
Code:
Level 100: 3287 Proud Deviant of the PE2K Deviants
Have PesterChum for some reason? Contact me on it! (neonSound)
Reply With Quote
  #5047  
Old 02-17-2013, 11:02 PM
Typhlosion Explosion's Avatar
Typhlosion Explosion Offline
~Blast Burn
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: New Bark Town
Posts: 5,956
Send a message via AIM to Typhlosion Explosion Send a message via Skype™ to Typhlosion Explosion
Default Re: Daily Chit Chat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neku Sakuraba View Post
I hate when people say they hate the graphics of Gen I. It makes me think that they don't understand the graphical limitations of the original GameBoy. Unless they're talking about the Gen III revamp of Gen I for some reason, then I'm fine with it.
They could've done a lot better regarding graphics. Many places are hardly navigable because of the way they designed it. Super Mario Land came out almost 10 years earlier and they did better graphically.

Super Mario Land 2 came out almost 5 years earlier and had much better graphics. Pokemon was low budget back then. The Game Boy limitations had little play in R/B/Y/G's graphics.

__________________
Reply With Quote
  #5048  
Old 02-17-2013, 11:19 PM
Judgmental Arceus's Avatar
Judgmental Arceus Offline
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Your front door with a loaded P90
Posts: 7,534
Send a message via Yahoo to Judgmental Arceus Send a message via Skype™ to Judgmental Arceus
Default Re: Daily Chit Chat

If there exists any generation I didn't like that would be Gen II.
I practically hate Suicune, especially that tumor it has on its head. Ho-Oh was tolerable.
Chikorita and Bayleef can die in a fire with Ledyba and Ledian

I started with Gen III and I always loved Blaziken. Team Magma was also one of my favorite Villainous teams for some reason. I even have a soft spot for Mightyena.

Gen V would probably come in close second because SCRAFTY GUIZE.
__________________
Credit to mayfan1000. VPP Browser Post
Reply With Quote
  #5049  
Old 02-18-2013, 02:06 AM
3m0d0ll's Avatar
3m0d0ll Offline
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: t(//_^ t)
Posts: 3,884
Send a message via AIM to 3m0d0ll Send a message via Skype™ to 3m0d0ll
Default Re: Daily Chit Chat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neku Sakuraba View Post
I hate when people say they hate the graphics of Gen I. It makes me think that they don't understand the graphical limitations of the original GameBoy. Unless they're talking about the Gen III revamp of Gen I for some reason, then I'm fine with it.
See, I dislike RBY/GSC because of the graphics. I understand that it was up to date for its time, but it doesn't mean I like them. cx The lack of good graphics makes traveling through caves and Saffron City nearly impossible.
__________________
I need a new sig, uhg.
██ ->>> Links. Twin: Justin. Pair: Corey. ||・
Reply With Quote
  #5050  
Old 02-18-2013, 10:01 AM
Typhlosion Explosion's Avatar
Typhlosion Explosion Offline
~Blast Burn
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: New Bark Town
Posts: 5,956
Send a message via AIM to Typhlosion Explosion Send a message via Skype™ to Typhlosion Explosion
Default Re: Daily Chit Chat

I'm glad I started with Gold, since RBY really had everything screwed up. Playing Blue recently was awful. @.@

HeartGold/SoulSilver are my favorite games, and always will be. I classify them as Gen II, as I classify FR/LG as Gen I.

Gen I: Kanto
Gen II: Johto (<3)
Gen III: Hoenn
Gen IV: Sinnoh
Gen V: Unova

I hated how there weren't Running Shoes. We're privileged to have them now. xD

The think I like most about newer gens is that it's easier. RBY/GSC/RSE just let you wander off for the most part. It doesn't tell you to go to Cinnabar, or which way to go/how to get there. You just go. I like how they don't expect you to search for HMs too. I like getting them handed to me. xD
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #5051  
Old 02-18-2013, 10:09 AM
Dark Moonlight's Avatar
Dark Moonlight Offline
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Ivalice
Posts: 1,952
Default Re: Daily Chit Chat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Typhlosion Explosion View Post
I'm glad I started with Gold, since RBY really had everything screwed up. Playing Blue recently was awful. @.@

HeartGold/SoulSilver are my favorite games, and always will be. I classify them as Gen II, as I classify FR/LG as Gen I.

Gen I: Kanto
Gen II: Johto (<3)
Gen III: Hoenn
Gen IV: Sinnoh
Gen V: Unova

I hated how there weren't Running Shoes. We're privileged to have them now. xD

The think I like most about newer gens is that it's easier. RBY/GSC/RSE just let you wander off for the most part. It doesn't tell you to go to Cinnabar, or which way to go/how to get there. You just go. I like how they don't expect you to search for HMs too. I like getting them handed to me. xD
I hate it when they don't tell you where to go because then I get stuck XD
__________________

Spoiler:
Reply With Quote
  #5052  
Old 02-18-2013, 02:21 PM
Typhlosion Explosion's Avatar
Typhlosion Explosion Offline
~Blast Burn
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: New Bark Town
Posts: 5,956
Send a message via AIM to Typhlosion Explosion Send a message via Skype™ to Typhlosion Explosion
Default Re: Daily Chit Chat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Moonlight View Post
I hate it when they don't tell you where to go because then I get stuck XD
Agreed. Wondered around Seafoam Islands for an hour before I quit. xD
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #5053  
Old 02-18-2013, 02:52 PM
Sealboy's Avatar
Sealboy Offline
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: I am a DINOSAUR
Posts: 3,939
Send a message via AIM to Sealboy Send a message via MSN to Sealboy Send a message via Skype™ to Sealboy
Default Re: Daily Chit Chat

I think it sucks how games depend on graphics in order to be viewed as "good" by others. I mean, R/B/Y were great for nostalgic reasons, something entirely new and for kicking off the Pokemon franchise.

I played Slender for the first time last night and uploaded it to YouTube. My PC trolled me at one point, but it was still a great, and scary, play through xD

~Sealboy
__________________

Click the image above to check out my YouTube Channel - it'd mean a lot.
Reply With Quote
  #5054  
Old 02-18-2013, 03:16 PM
3m0d0ll's Avatar
3m0d0ll Offline
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: t(//_^ t)
Posts: 3,884
Send a message via AIM to 3m0d0ll Send a message via Skype™ to 3m0d0ll
Default Re: Daily Chit Chat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sealboy View Post
I think it sucks how games depend on graphics in order to be viewed as "good" by others. I mean, R/B/Y were great for nostalgic reasons, something entirely new and for kicking off the Pokemon franchise.

I played Slender for the first time last night and uploaded it to YouTube. My PC trolled me at one point, but it was still a great, and scary, play through xD

~Sealboy
It doesn't suck, I would just rather play FRLG if I wanted to play a Gen I game. LG was my first Pokemon game, so maybe that's why I'm not too emotionally tied to the original games.

Oh my God, Viridian Forest without Running Shoes. That's the main reason why dislike restarting FRLG. cx
__________________
I need a new sig, uhg.
██ ->>> Links. Twin: Justin. Pair: Corey. ||・
Reply With Quote
  #5055  
Old 02-18-2013, 03:24 PM
Sealboy's Avatar
Sealboy Offline
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: I am a DINOSAUR
Posts: 3,939
Send a message via AIM to Sealboy Send a message via MSN to Sealboy Send a message via Skype™ to Sealboy
Default Re: Daily Chit Chat

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3m0d0ll View Post


It doesn't suck, I would just rather play FRLG if I wanted to play a Gen I game. LG was my first Pokemon game, so maybe that's why I'm not too emotionally tied to the original games.

Oh my God, Viridian Forest without Running Shoes. That's the main reason why dislike restarting FRLG. cx
Oh, yeah, I understand. Graphics do make a game both better and more tolerable. I just think it kinda sucks how people can immediately dislike older games purely on graphics. I mean, some of the older games (not restricted to Pokemon, but EVERYTHING) are just brilliant, and I hate to think that people nowadays base them purely on graphics only.

And lols, I know how that feels xD

~Sealboy
__________________

Click the image above to check out my YouTube Channel - it'd mean a lot.
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 12:17 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Style Design: AlienSector.com