Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Interactive Boards » Role Play

Role Play Make Role Plays or join them. It's your world. Everybody else just lives in it.

Old 12-14-2012, 12:15 AM
Kei Ochima Offline

Send a message via AIM to Kei Ochima
Default Re: The Hunger Games [RP]

Ashley Mellark and Jeremy Mellark from District Twelve
Arena

As Ashley and Jeremy sat up in the tree they began to go through the two backpacks Ashley saw a large scrape on Jeremy's right leg, bringing her to quickly look up at him in alarm.

"How did you get that?" Ashley asked, to which Jeremy looked down at his leg and saw the blood.

"I think from when my leg slipped on the tree." Jeremy responded, to which Ashley picked up some snow next to her on the branch and placed it over Jeremy's cut. "I thought you said the snow was poisoned?" Jeremy gasped loudly.

"Shh! They might hear you!" Ashley snapped, though letting out a sigh a few moments later. "I swear, either we're going to die from other Tributes hearing your big mouth or a pack of wolves are going to track us down by the scent of your blood."

"What happened to the snow being poisoned?" Jeremy pushed further, ignoring his sister's comment.

"That's if you eat or drink it." Ashley responded.

"How can you be so sure?" Jeremy asked.

"Think about it. We're in an arena to which every single Tribute is going to get hurt one way or the other, to which the snow will enter their wounds. If the snow was going to kill us by entering our wounds then there wouldn't even be a victor." Ashley explained, Jeremy's jaw dropping.

"How do you even know this stuff? That makes perfect sense."

"We were raised by our parents being both victors of these Games, Jeremy. We were taught to think outside the box, and plus it's just common sense." Ashley responded with a light chuckle.

"Do you think it should get bandaged up?" Jeremy asked as Ashley nodded, finding a pair of black socks in her bag and tied one around Jeremy's leg. "A sock?"

"Outside the box, remember?"

"True." Jeremy agreed. "I would be dead after the first day if you weren't here." Ashley chuckled again, the two continuing to go through their backpacks. In Ashley's she found the pair of socks, a bag of dried fruit, a bag of dried meat, a thin sleeping bag which was rolled-up tightly, a forty foot white rope which was rolled tightly as well, and a emptied half gallon clear container for water. Jeremy pulled out the sealed loaf of bread and placed it on his lap as he looked through his own backpack, finding a black hat which would cover their ears, warm white gloves, a small kit of five sewing needles and a full role of thick thread, a small rolled-up blanket, some matches and a half gallon container which had actually water inside filled to the top.

"Is that really water?" Ashley questioned in surprise.

"Yeah, which is why my backpack didn't come with any food. Good thing I managed to get the loaf of bread." Jeremy responded. "Let me see your container." Ashley handed him the container and he carefully poured the clean water in it halfway.

"We shouldn't drink any water right now though until we either find a water source or if we absolutely need to drink some of our water before we find more." Ashley said as Jeremy nodded in agreement, handing her the water as they placed everything back into their backpacks.

"Let's go try to find some water then, though I have a feeling it's going to be in the opposite direction from the Cornucopia." Jeremy said, putting the bread in his backpack as well and strapped the throwing knifes to his belt, though he handed one to his sister as she strapped it to her own belt.

"That's a good idea. Let's keep going through the woods then." Ashley responded.

"What are we going to do once night falls though?" Jeremy questioned. "I have a feeling the temperature here reaches the negatives during the night."

"We'll have no choice but to light a fire to stay warm, but we'll each take shifts guarding each other while the other sleeps." Ashley responded.

"How does two hour shifts sound?"

"That's fine with me. We need to find shelter too before nightfall as well." Ashley nodded, the two climbing out of the tree and back onto the ground. Jeremy strapped the one backpack to his back while slinging the other one over his left shoulder, making it easier for Ashley to have the quiver of arrows strapped to her back. She held the bow in her left hand as her guard remained up, the two continuing to walk through the woods.

The sound of the cannon tore through the arena as Ashley and Jeremy froze in their tracks, counting how many times it went off. When the cannon ended at eight deaths total a tightness in Ashley's stomach formed, the dead Tributes not being revealed until later that night in the sky during the anthem.

"Everything is going to be okay." Jeremy said when sensing his sister's nervousness. She gave a small nod, the two continuing to walk through the thick woods. What bothered Ashley and Jeremy the most was that the snow was leaving behind a trail from the two of them, the siblings hoping no one would find it before the heavy snowfall consumes the arena later that night.

Caroline Hawthorne from District Four
Arena

Caroline scanned through the winter-like arena and saw Kiseki briefly make eye contact with her, the blonde watching as Kiseki picked up a dagger and began to race towards her. She quickly placed one dagger securely through her belt as well as the arrow before Kiseki reached her, Caroline looking up at the dark haired boy.

“Come on, we have to get out of here!” Kiseki said, to which Caroline turned her head where the woods led on for miles, keeping out her one dagger.

"Good idea." Caroline said, turning around and sprinting into the woods. She didn't know how far she had ran as the snow got crushed underneath her boots, the cold air filling her lungs as she began to slow down. "We should be okay for now." Caroline leaned up against a tree to catch her breath, her legs burning as she was running for at least ten to fifteen minutes without stopping. It made running even harder with the snow beginning to slowly rise the further into the woods, to which the snow was a about four inches above her ankles.

Caroline slipped her other dagger through her belt and walked over to Kiseki, hugging the Tribute so tightly that she might had been hurting him a little bit, but she was unable to let go. She was so happy that Kiseki was okay, and that he was safe with her at the moment. Caroline leaned back only enough to connect her lips with Kiseki's in a passionate kiss, and even though it was only thirty degrees with the temperature slowly dropping, the kiss was still warm, filled with the love that she felt for Kiseki.

"I love you so much Kiseki." Caroline said as she leaned back, the whole world watching them as she leaned her forehead against his.

“Hey, we can use this to wrap it up.” Caroline whipped her head around when hearing Michael's faint voice, her heart skipping a beat as she scanned around to find the other Tribute.

“We probably can’t stay here for long.” Ichiru's voice was then heard, Caroline trying her best to pinpoint where Ichiru and Michael were. “The other tributes will be retreating to the woods soon, and it’s only a matter of time before someone finds us.”

“You’re right.” Michael responded. “We can stay here for a little while longer so Amelia can rest and then move later on before dark.”

"I think they're this way." Caroline said as she took Kiseki's hand and guided him in the direction of the voices. After about a minute or two she saw Ichiru, Michael and Amelia behind a bush, though Amelia didn't look to be in good condition at all. "Oh crap..." Caroline released Kiseki's hand and knelt down beside Amelia, the blonde quickly taking off her two backpacks she managed to get and began to look through them to see if she had anything else than a cloth, though she didn't find anything that could be to much use as the sound of the cannon was heard which determined how many Tributes have died. "The bloodbath must be over already." Caroline commented.

Matt Wilson from District Thirteen
Arena

After running for what seemed like forever Matt and Coral came to a stop, the two each having a backpack on their backs while Matt held a sword and Coral held the knife Ashley threw at her, the female's hand continuing to bleed.

"I want to kill her." Coral growled as Matt examined her hand, the male then going through the two backpacks and found a yellow scarf. He cut a piece off with his sword and began tying it around Coral's hand, locking eyes with her.

"We'll find them." Matt reassured her, to which she nodded.

"I think we should head back towards the Cornucopia but not actually reveal ourselves, like use the woods as cover and then go in the direction where the Mellark's headed. We can follow their footprints, which will lead us right to them." Coral suggested.

"We ran a few miles, and I'm sure they did too but in the complete opposite direction. Even if we leave right now to track them it will probably take us at least a day to reach them."

"It will be worth it." Coral smirked, to which Matt smirked as well.

"First we'll go through our supplies in the backpacks, find some water, and then we'll make the trip. We want to reach them, but we need to make sure we have the right tools to survive as well." Matt explained.

"We can actually go to the Cornucopia as well to get even more items if there aren't any Tributes there. Like you said though, let's see what we already have, find water, and then make our way to the Cornucopia." Matt nodded at Coral's words, the two beginning to look through their backpacks while still being completely alert.

OOC: The death list has been updated on the first page =]
Old 12-25-2012, 01:01 PM
Kaioo Offline

Send a message via AIM to Kaioo

Amelia Kozaka,District One
Arena

When Amelia heard voices nearing she began to panic, but she was unable to physically move. Her body just felt numb, whether from shock, the cold, or a mixture of the two was currently unknown. She felt contact on her as somebody lifted her up, but the voices were garbled, her vision barely showing anything besides darkness. Before she could do anything she fell into complete darkness, losing her connection to the world around her.

It was some time later that she was awoken by the sounds of the cannons, however she kept her eyes closed and remained as still as possible, trying to make it appear like she hadn't lost consciousness. There were others nearby, that was for certain, this becoming apparent due to the fact she could feel something wrapped around her wound. By the voices around her, she could determine four adversaries.

Well, looks like I'm doomed.

Amelia almost grimaced, but her face remained stoic as she tried to get a sense of her surroundings through her hearing. There was somebody knelt down beside her, most likely a female. Who the female was, however, was still up in the air, but Amelia had a feeling in her gut that it wasn't Caitlyn. Or it could be the wound that she was feeling. One of the two.

I don't have a weapon... and I'm wounded... Prisoner?

Amelia inwardly cursed. She essentially had two choices, to her knowledge. The first, just give up and play prisoner, and die, or, go for the full ride down the stream without a paddle and just attempt an attack of some sort. Option one didn't really sit with her. Neither did option two, but alas, both her choices sucked. Mentally calculating, she shifted ever so slightly, noticing her wound didn't play up too much, and she wondered if the wound would be fine if she leaped into action.

Honestly though, she was wondering why they hadn't killed her yet, what use would she have for being a prisoner. Her mind never even drifted once into wondering if they were friendly at all as she sprung into action, and fell face first into the snow as pain shot through her body almost crippling her due to her sudden movement. A groan of pain escaped her lips as she tried to curl up because of the pain.

"Well, this could have gone better." Amelia muttered, her face still buried in the snow.

Keiru Kozaka,District One
Arena

Keiru smiled at Caitlyn as he responded. "Didn't get injured really. Might have pulled a muscle in my chivalrous charge, but apart from that completely fine."

The sound of cannons caused Keiru to look around quickly, his eyes darting around the surroundings, silence filling the air after the cannons signaled eight deaths, and he breathed out. "I hope Amelia's alright..."

Keiru straightened and rubbed a hand across his face as he sighed. "We're a long way past being down the creek without a paddle, and have long since started our impending arrival at the waterfall without any hopes of escape." He looked pointedly down at the sword in his hands. "We're either going to have to try and hook back up with Amelia somehow... though I have no idea where she is, head back to the Cornucopia and risk being ambushed, or try our luck out here." He looked at Caitlyn. "I really did not think my plan through."

Credit to Neo Pikachu for the avatar.
Old 12-26-2012, 03:59 PM
DarkAmethyst Offline

Send a message via MSN to DarkAmethyst

Kiseki Kagami from District Four/ Ichiru Kagami from District 3/ Michael Knight from District Two
Arena

After they had run so far into the woods, Kiseki and Caroline finally stopped. Instantly, Ichiru and Michael came to mind as the dark haired teen caught his breath, and he hoped with every fiber of his being that they had made it out alive.

He noticed Caroline moving from the corner of his eye, and looked over to see her putting one of her daggers away before walking over to him. Just as he caught his breath and turned toward her, the blonde wrapped her arms around him so tightly that it actually hurt a little, but he was so relieved that she had made it out alive and was here with him that it didn’t bother him at all. He returned the hug almost just as tightly, only loosening it a little when Caroline leaned back to connect her lips with his own. The chill of the thirty degree air and snow all around them seemed to melt away for the few moments that the kiss lasted, and the warmth lingered even after the blonde leaned back.

"I love you so much Kiseki." She said as she leaned her forehead against his own. He gave her a warm smile in response.

“I love you, too.”

“Hey, we can use this to wrap it up.” Kiseki froze when hearing another voice, although when he realized it was Michael, relief washed over him. But, who was he talking to? And who was hurt? Unless he had made another friend here in the arena - which was very unlikely this early in the Games - that could only be one person…

“We probably can’t stay here for long.” Ichiru's voice confirmed Michael’s thoughts, but that still didn’t tell them who the injured tribute was. “The other tributes will be retreating to the woods soon, and it’s only a matter of time before someone finds us.”

“You’re right.” Michael responded. “We can stay here for a little while longer so Amelia can rest and then move later on before dark.”

Amelia?

"I think they're this way." Caroline managed to pinpoint the voices before Kiseki could, leading him in their direction by his hand. After a minute or two, they spotted Ichiru, Michael and an injured Amelia behind a bush. Amelia didn’t seem to be doing too well at all, this thought confirmed by the expression on Michael’s face as he sat beside her.

Ichiru heard the footsteps of the two tributes as they approached and quickly whipped around with his throwing knives in hand, but when seeing that it was only Kiseki and Caroline, he relaxed.

"Oh crap..." Caroline released Kiseki's hand and knelt down beside Amelia, quickly taking off the two backpacks she had been carrying and began to look through them for anything that may have been useful. Kiseki started to do the same, but the sound of a cannon stopped him. "The bloodbath must be over already." Caroline commented.

“It’s both a relieving and disturbing that it ended so quickly…” Ichiru said softly as Kiseki knelt down in the snow beside him. However, before he could say anything, he noticed Amelia shift slightly. Michael seemed to notice this as well, and was about to try and speak to her when she suddenly moved - most likely attempting to run or possibly even attack. Instead, she ended up face first in the snow, a muffled groan of pain escaping her as she attempted to curl up.

“You shouldn’t try to move too much with that wound.” Michael moved from where he had been sitting and carefully lifted her out of the snow, shifting her into a sitting position. “Don’t worry, we’re not your enemies.”

Caitlyn Walker from District Seven
Arena

"Didn't get injured really. Might have pulled a muscle in my chivalrous charge, but apart from that completely fine." Keiru responded to Caitlyn with a smile, and the concerned expression on her face disappeared as she gave one of her own.

The sound of cannons ruined the peaceful moment, although silence returned after they fired eight times.

"I hope Amelia's alright..." Keiru straightened and rubbed a hand across his face with a sigh. "We're a long way past being down the creek without a paddle, and have long since started our impending arrival at the waterfall without any hopes of escape." He looked down at the sword in his hands. "We're either going to have to try and hook back up with Amelia somehow... though I have no idea where she is, head back to the Cornucopia and risk being ambushed, or try our luck out here." His gaze shifted to Caitlyn then, who had begun weighing the options. "I really did not think my plan through."

“I don’t think any of us did, really.” Caitlyn responded with a light chuckle. “I’m not sure myself, but… maybe we should try to find some water first, since we know that will be essential for survival.” She glanced at the snow the blanketed the world around them. “My first guess - and probably everyone else’s as well - would be to eat the snow, but that’s way too easy so there must be a catch.”

"There is no hope of winning unless you fight."

Old 12-29-2012, 01:44 AM
Kei Ochima Offline

Arena

“It’s both a relieving and disturbing that it ended so quickly…” Ichiru responded softly as Kiseki knelt down in the snow beside him while Caroline nodded in agreement, the blonde continuing the go through the two backpacks encase she overlooked something that could help Amelia. However, before anyone could say anything in the conversation Caroline noticed Amelia shift slightly, the blonde tearing her gaze away from the backpacks and over to the Tribute a few inches from her. Amelia suddenly moved however and looked as though she were about to attack, bringing Caroline to reach for her dagger to defend herself. The other female only fell back into the snow however face first, though Caroline didn't loosen her grip on the dagger even when Amelia groaned in pain while attempting to curl her body.

"Well, this could have gone better." Caroline heard Amelia mutter.

“You shouldn’t try to move too much with that wound.” Michael spoke as he moved from where he had been sitting and carefully lifted Amelia out of the snow, shifting her into a sitting position as Caroline placed the dagger back through her belt, though now the blonde was on her guard and was ready to grab the weapon at any time. “Don’t worry, we’re not your enemies.”

"Let us help you." Caroline spoke in a soft voice, connecting her eyes with Amelia. Caroline knew that from three male Tributes then Amelia might have been feeling threatened by them at the moment, this thought bringing Caroline's face to soften as she tried to connect with Amelia girl to girl. "Since you're conscious I can look through my two bags with ease to see if there's anything I can use to help your wound."

Caroline tore her gaze away from Amelia and looked back down towards her two backpacks, the blonde beginning to take out everything from the first backpack. She found an emptied half gallon container for water, some matches, a grey scarf, a pair of black socks, a bag of three sealed red apples, a small blanket, a roll of thin clear wire used for snares and a sewing kit.

"Here we go." Caroline said as she looked back over to Amelia. "I need to sew that wound shut, but I'm going to need you to be absolutely still." Caroline then reached over and began to carefully peel off the long cloth being used as a bandage, the blonde placing it to the side before examining the snow. She took a closer look at it as she ran the frozen liquid in between her fingers, a troubled look on her face. "Getting water like this is far too easy..." Caroline muttered to herself before looking up at everyone else. "Don't eat or melt the snow to drink it. It's a trap, but it should be okay for open wounds." Caroline packed the snow into a large ball and placed it over Amelia's wound, the blonde gently taking the other Tribute's hand and placed it over the snowball. "I need you to keep the snow on the wound so I can thread the needle. The snow should numb the wound enough to where you won't be able to feel any pain when I sew the wound shut."

Caroline then focused on the wound to see how much thread she needed to cut, the blonde threading the needle and cut a long piece of the thread with her dagger. She knew the wound should have a few more minutes of numbing as she placed the threaded needle on top of her first backpack and opened the other one, the blonde taking out what was inside. There was a emptied half gallon clear container for water, another pair of matches and black socks, a bag of strawberries and a bottle with twenty-four pills. Caroline looked at the bottle in confusion and spun it around to look at the label, it reading 'Antibiotics'. The blonde's eyes widened in shock at what she was holding, a smile coming onto her face.

"That's why the second bag was so light... there's hardly anything in here because it has antibiotics in it." Caroline spoke her thoughts, looking over to Amelia. "You're going to be just fine. If the wound starts to get infected then we can give you these antibiotics." Caroline explained, opening a zipper compartment inside the backpack and placed the bottle of pills in it to keep them separated from the other supplies and safe.

After taking a deep breath Caroline gently brushed off all of the snow from Amelia's wound and began to sew it shut, making small and exact movements. After only a few minutes of Caroline concentrating silently she was finished, cutting off the extra thread with her dagger and began to wrap up the cloth around the wound.

"We'll keep an eye on this to make sure it doesn't get infected, but even if it does then we'll just give you some antibiotics." Caroline spoke, the blonde finished tying the cloth. She didn't realize how cold she was until she stood up to brush snow off of herself, her cheeks bright red and her lips already beginning to slightly chap as her hands were reddened and began to dry out. She walked over to Kiseki and pressed her body into his for warmth, her body beginning to shiver.

"I didn't realize how cold I actually was." Caroline said, snuggling her face into Kiseki's chest and let out a warm breath. After a few minutes of Caroline sharing her body heat with Kiseki and receiving his in return she felt a bit better, the blonde looking at the rest of the group but didn't move away from Kiseki. "We should all go through our backpacks and see what we have, and then divide everything equally. After that we'll rest for a few more minutes but then we should really start moving away from here. We need to find fresh water, which will have fish too for food. We can't stay in one spot because then we'll end up only freezing to death, since our blood will be pumping through us if we keep on moving which will keep our bodies warm."

A few hours had gone by as Caroline found herself sitting next to a small fire with a stream of running water a few feet away underneath the night sky, the stream filled with fish constantly passing through. This spot was perfect to stay at for a few days until the group had to make their way back to the Cornucopia for the others, though Caroline didn't see shelter anywhere, not even a small cave. Whenever Caroline got really cold she would start pacing back and forth to get her blood pumping through her body, which would warm up the blonde for a little while.

She had set a few snares within a mile radius from the hundred yard roll of clear wire she had, the wire reminding her just like fishing wire which her father Gale would always use when he taught Caroline how to fish and make snares. The blonde would check all of the snares in the morning and see if she had taught any rabbits or even a fox, Caroline eating a cooked fish for the time being as she tried to stay warm, though the temperature was below ten degrees and slowly continued to drop.

The anthem suddenly filled the arena as Caroline quickly looked up towards the night sky, seeing that the Gamemakers were now listing The Fallen. She felt sick to her stomach as she watched the fallen Tribute's faces with their District's numbers underneath their picture, her heart racing anxiously and prayed that Ashley or Jeremy weren't one of the fallen.

District Two- Girl
District Three- Girl
District Five- Boy
District Six- Boy
District Nine- Girl
District Ten- Girl
District Eleven- Girl, Boy

When the anthem ended with the District Eleven Tributes dead and the sky fell silent Caroline sighed in relief, Ashley and Jeremy still alive as Caroline relaxed and began to eat the fish again.

Arena

As night began to settle into the freezing arena Ashley and Jeremy tiredly walked out of the woods and onto a snowy clearing where the large mountains could be seen from miles away from the Cornucopia, this result bringing Ashley's eyes to widen.

"How long have we been walking for?" Ashley asked, though the pair weren't able to find water.

"I'm not sure, but we need to rest." Jeremy responded, pointing over towards the large mountains where the sun was setting from behind. "There's caves embedded at the bottom of the mountains. We'll go and rest there for a few hours while taking small sips of our water and small portions of our food. Once we have more strength in a few hours we'll try to look for a water source again."

"Okay." Ashley agreed, the siblings beginning to make their way to the caves. "We need to examine the caves first to make sure there aren't any animals or other Tributes in them."

"Hopefully there is an animal for food."

"What if it's a wolf pack?" Ashley pointed out.

"We can take them." Jeremy smirked as Ashley chuckled, the brunette shaking her head as they continued to walk on the snowy plain. Ashley was about five feet ahead of Jeremy until she suddenly fell through something, Jeremy's eyes widening when realizing they were actually walking on a layer of ice which the few inches of snow had hidden. "Ashley!" Jeremy screamed from the top of his lungs, the male not surprised if any other Tributes from a mile or so away heard him as he threw down the two backpacks he had and began to strip of his clothes and boots, the male being in nothing but a pair of black boxers as he dived into the water.

Ashley couldn't believe what had happened as the brunette panicked, not being able to swim as she waved her arms and legs around. The motion wasn't helping her however as she began to sink towards the bottom of the frozen lake, bringing Ashley to open her eyes as the freezing water stun them for a few seconds.

Come on! Think! What would my mother do? Ashley thought to herself as her gaze fell down towards the bow in her left hand, an idea instantly coming to mind as she reached for an arrow with her other hand and pulled one out of the quiver. After placing the side of the arrow into her mouth and laced her left arm in between the neck of the bow and the bow's string so she wouldn't lose the bow Ashley reached towards her belt where the forty foot thin rope was strapped, tying the end of the thin rope about an inch below the arrow's tip and quickly positioned the arrow on the bowstring. As she aimed up towards the layer of ice she prayed that she wouldn't hit Jeremy, the brunette drawing back the arrow as much as she could and released it.

Jeremy felt a sudden pain skim passed his left arm as he tried to look for his sister underneath the water, the male seeing that Ashley had shot an arrow attached to the piece of rope and embedded deep into the ice. Since the arrow was shot underwater however it had embedded into the ice at an weird angle, though the shot was effective. Jeremy swam down further and used the rope as his guide until he found his sister, who was using the rope to pull herself up towards the surface. Jeremy quickly swam to Ashley's side and wrapped one of her arms around his neck, the male swimming back up to the surface where they both gasped for air a few moments later. Both Tributes were violently shivering as they got out of the water and were now only a few feet away from the caves, the two taking their supplies and heading for shelter.

"A-at least we f-f-found water-r." Jeremy forced out as they entered the cave, Jeremy still being in nothing but his boxers. "Take off-f your cl-clothes-s." Jeremy ordered as Ashley forced a nod, the two Tributes knowing what they now had to do in order to survive this outcome. They would have to share body heat which would keep them alive, and both of them were shivering far too violently to start a fire. After Ashley was only in her underwear and bra Jeremy had taken out the sleeping bag and blanket, putting the blanket inside the sleeping bag and ordered his sister into the cocoon. Jeremy then followed suit, his bare chest pressing into the front of Ashley's body as he then closed the sleeping bag.

"I'm s-sorry Jeremy. I should had b-b-been more caref-ful." Ashley apologized, though Jeremy shook his head.

"It wasn't y-your fault. Just concentrate on g-getting warm." Jeremy instructed as Ashley nodded, the male allowing his full body's weight to rest on top of Ashley's body. Warm blood traveled down Jeremy's arm where the arrow had skidded across his skin, though it wasn't deep enough to where it had to be stitched closed or even bandaged.

About forty-five minutes had gone by as the sound of the anthem could be heard, bringing Ashley and Jeremy to look towards the opening of the cave where they could see The Fallen being presented in the sky.

District Two- Girl
District Three- Girl
District Five- Boy
District Six- Boy
District Nine- Girl
District Ten- Girl

Both Jeremy and Ashley let out a sigh of relief when none of their friends were listed, though Matt and Coral weren't listed either, which worried them. Jeremy stood up from the sleeping bag when his and Ashley's bodies were under a steady temperature again, though when Ashley tried to stand as well Jeremy told her to stay in the warm cocoon. Her clothes were still soaked while his were perfectly dried, so he wanted to start a fire to try his sister's clothes.

"I'm going to go get some wood and bring it back here to make a fire." Jeremy announced as he placed his clothes back on and his boots.

"Please be careful." Ashley said, to which Jeremy nodded and left the cave. Once he returned with wood and started a fire both him and Ashley started to sneeze, their noses getting stuffy as a cough settled in.

"We caught a cold or the flu or something from when we were in the freezing water." Jeremy said with a sigh, sitting next to his sister who was still wrapped up in the sleeping bag.

"Maybe our Sponsors will send us medicine." Ashley suggested through a horrible cough.

"I hope so." Jeremy said, looking down at his sister. "Drink all of the water in your container and try to get some rest. I'll fill up our water containers when you're done and then take the first shift. In the morning we can hunt for fish."

"Okay." Ashley agreed, drinking her water and closed her eyes as she waited for unconsciousness to consume her.
Old 01-11-2013, 05:17 AM
Kaioo Offline

Keiru Kozaka, District One
Arena

Keiru glanced at the snow before looking back at Caitlyn. "You're most likely right. The snow could be a trap that could kill us if we consume it... though for all we know, it could actually be safe... however, it would be better to not risk trying to find out, as if it was dangerous and we'd consumed it, it'd be too late."

Keiru hefted the blade he was carrying up onto his shoulder, and looked around the surroundings. "We came from that way." Keiru pointed behind Caitlyn, before turning to look at Caitlyn's left flank. "I reckon we should head this way so we can effectively circle round from this side and head round to the opposite side of the Cornucopia from us. Let's go."

Keiru started walking off in the direction he'd been facing, his eyes scanning the surroundings, trying to spot anybody. "You know, my sister was really all the family I've ever had... my parents never bothered with us, they focused on their company, leaving me to look after my sister as we grew up. They never bothered with us... even after that, yet as I'm about to be sent into this, my father suddenly turns up and wants to be a part of our life, honestly I don't understand it at all."

Keiru looked at Caitlyn. "What was your family like back home?"

Amelia Kozaka, District One
Arena

Amelia winced at the cold around her torso where the snow had been placed on her wound. After a while, the wound had been properly tended to, and Amelia let out a sigh as she lifted her head to look up in the sky.

Time passed and Amelia held her breath as the anthem filled the air, and the tribute deaths were revealed. She let out the breath when it was confirmed Keiru was still alive, and she smiled when she realized Jeremy was safe. She closed her eyes as she attempted to relax, listening to her surroundings.

Christian Wright, District Nine/Brandon Lockhart, District Ten
Arena

Christian glanced at Brandon as they followed the trail in the direction that Keiru had fled earlier. The tribute from Ten had been quiet for some time now, and Christian was beginning to become concerned. "You alright Brandon?"

Brandon turned his head to look at Christian. "Yeah I'm fine. Just a bit annoyed that we didn't get Keiru. He's probably several hours ahead of us."

Christian hummed in agreement, his gaze turning back ahead of them, searching for something. "We'll catch up with them soon enough."

Old 01-11-2013, 04:22 PM
DarkAmethyst Offline

Michael Knight from District Two/ Ichiru Kagami from District Three/ Kiseki Kagami from District Four
Arena

After Caroline had successfully sewed up Amelia's wound and even found some antibiotics in one of her bags, she walked over to Kiseki and pressed her body into his.

"I didn't realize how cold I actually was." He felt her begin to shiver just before she spoke, and realized the same was for him as well. He wrapped his arms around the blonde as she snuggled into his chest, grateful for the warmth she provided. He glanced at the others; Ichiru was sitting with one arm propped on his knee, his throwing knives still held between his fingers. It was obvious he was still defensive and alert, which he had every right to be. Kiseki knew that he had to be cold, but was refusing to let it be shown on his face. Michael, however, was obviously cold despite not saying anything. He was still sitting near Amelia, most likely out of concern for her own body heat after all of the blood loss.

"We should all go through our backpacks and see what we have, and then divide everything equally. After that we'll rest for a few more minutes but then we should really start moving away from here. We need to find fresh water, which will have fish too for food. We can't stay in one spot because then we'll end up only freezing to death, since our blood will be pumping through us if we keep on moving which will keep our bodies warm." After a few moments of silence, Caroline spoke to the group. Michael and the twins gave a nod of agreement in response.

"I already know from searching through mine earlier that there's a sleeping bag, some crackers and dried fruit, and a box of matches." Ichiru finally spoke again, bringing Kiseki and Michael to look at him.

"All of that will come in handy... looks like you got a lucky one." Kiseki said with a chuckle. "Hopefully that's the case with ours, too."

A few hours later, the sound of the anthem filled the silent night air, and all three tributes looked up at the sky almost simultaneously as the faces of the fallen tributes from that day began to appear one after the other.

District Two- Girl
District Three- Girl
District Five- Boy
District Six- Boy
District Nine- Girl
District Ten- Girl

The three of them were relieved to see that Ashley and Jeremy weren't included, although it was painful for Ichiru and Michael to see that their partners had died. Ichiru couldn't help but feel a little guilty when he saw that the boy tribute from Six had died, knowing he had been the one to kill him. But he had done it to protect his friends, and it was obvious that such a mindset would only get him killed in the arena.

"A lot of people died just today..." Kiseki commented softly as everything fell silent again. Neither twin, nor Michael spoke for the next several moments until Ichiru thought of something.

"We should probably figure out our sleeping arrangements." Michael and Kiseki looked at him as he spoke. "Since we're in an open area, we'll have to sleep in shifts so someone will be awake at all times to keep watch."

Arena

"You're most likely right. The snow could be a trap that could kill us if we consume it... though for all we know, it could actually be safe... however, it would be better to not risk trying to find out, as if it was dangerous and we'd consumed it, it'd be too late." Keiru responded to Caitlyn's thoughts, and the brunette gave a nod to his words. After looking at their surroundings, Keiru spoke again. "We came from that way." He pointed behind her, then turned to look at her left flank. "I reckon we should head this way so we can effectively circle round from this side and head round to the opposite side of the Cornucopia from us. Let's go."

With another nod, Caitlyn followed after the other tribute silently. For a few moments, the only sound between them was the crunching of the snow beneath their feet as they walked, but shortly after they had begun walking, Keiru spoke again.

"You know, my sister was really all the family I've ever had... my parents never bothered with us, they focused on their company, leaving me to look after my sister as we grew up. They never bothered with us... even after that, yet as I'm about to be sent into this, my father suddenly turns up and wants to be a part of our life, honestly I don't understand it at all." He then looked at Caitlyn. "What was your family like back home?"

"Not much better." The brunette responded with a soft chuckle. "My mother died shortly after I was born, and my father has always blamed me for it. He treated me like an unwanted stranger all of my life. I bet if it had been possible, he would have never let the district know I even existed. But right before I was sent here, he visited and seemed to have completely changed. I don't know if he had a reality check because of the Games, or if he's just hoping I bring home the prize money..." She glanced around them for signs of any other tributes. "Either way, I don't understand it."

Old 01-14-2013, 03:26 AM
Kei Ochima Offline

Ashley Mellark and Jeremy Mellark from District Twelve/ Matt Wilson from District Thirteen
Arena

The next morning Ashley woke up from the sound of an annoying beeping coming from a few feet away from her as the brunette slowly opened her eyes, watching as Jeremy stood up from the place where he sat and began to walk cautiously towards the sound. It was clear that Jeremy hadn't gotten any sleep last night from the dark circles underneath his eyes, which irritated Ashley since she knew Jeremy hadn't woken her up so she could take a shift of watching out for enemies while Jeremy could sleep.

"Why didn't you wake me up? You look like crap, Jeremy." Ashley said though she didn't get out of the sleeping bag, both hers and Jeremy's cold getting worse as she let out yet another horrible cough.

"You're sick." Jeremy responded as he continued to make his way towards the beeping sound.

"Well so are you." Ashley argued.

"I think there's a parachute around here somewhere." Jeremy ignored his sister though let out a cough as well, the male finding a small silver parachute at the entrance of the cave. Jeremy quickly opened the silver compartment attached to the parachute, a smile instantly coming onto his face. There were two small syringes with a yellow colored liquid inside, as well as a small card the side of Jeremy's pinky finger.

Inject into arm.
-Mom and Dad

Jeremy continued to smile, hurrying back over to his sister and dropped down onto his knees in front of her.

"What is that?" Ashley asked as Jeremy took out the first syringe.

"Medicine." Jeremy responded, taking off his jacket and injecting the yellow liquid into his arm as Ashley read the small card from her parents. After a few moments Jeremy began to feel better, bringing the Tribute to sigh in relief. "It's working. Give me your arm." Ashley nodded, moving out of the sleeping bag and instantly began to shiver from the cold. Jeremy took the second syringe and injected the medicine into his sister's arm, the brunette instantly feeling relief from her sickness just like her brother.

"The sponsors really pulled through." Ashley commented with a smile.

"They really did, but I doubt we'll be getting anything from them for a while. That medicine must had cost a fortune, and there was even two of them. We need to be extremely careful for now on." Jeremy pointed out as Ashley nodded in agreement, the two beginning to get their strength back.

"When should we make our way back to the Cornucopia?"

"Probably either tomorrow morning or the next morning at the very latest. Let's just stay here, gather our strength and stock up on supplies." Ashley nodded at her brother's words, Jeremy slipping his jacket back on as Ashley curled back inside the sleeping bag.

"I'm tempted to go get that rope from the frozen lake." Ashley said as she looked in the direction of the lake, the brunette wanting to get her arrow back as well.

"It's far too dangerous." Jeremy shook his head, taking out his backpack and opening it to get out the loaf of bread. "We should eat some breakfast. Early this morning while you were still sleeping I scouted about half a mile and found a stream with a lot of fish passing through. Let's make our way there after breakfast so we can get a few fish and some fresh water. The lake is too frozen to break the ice right now."

"We don't have any fishing supplies though." Ashley responded as she pulled out the bag of dried fruit and dried meat from her own backpack.

"The stream is only about a foot deep so you can use your bow to get the fish." Jeremy pointed out, bringing Ashley to nod. Jeremy had his clothes on already as Ashley placed on her own while Jeremy cut a couple slices of bread with his throwing knife, the male having dried all of his and his sister's clothes by spreading them out next to the fire. He was even able to dry their boots as well, which Ashley was very thankful for as she slipped on a pair of socks and her boots.

After eating only small portions to save their food they packed up all of their supplies and stepped out of the cave, Ashley having her bow in her left hand and her quiver of arrows strapped to her back while Jeremy carried the two backpacks. Even though they planned on coming back to the cave they still wanted to pack all of their supplies encase something went wrong and they couldn't return back to their shelter.

"The fire." Ashley pointed out, bringing Jeremy to turn back around and stomp on it a few times to kill the flames. Jeremy returned to his sister's side, the two beginning to make their journey towards the stream Jeremy had found. What the two Tributes didn't know however was that they weren't alone, the two now being stalked.

"I can't believe we found them already." Coral whispered in amusement as her and Matt hid behind a berry bush, the two having been following Ashley's and Jeremy's footprints in the snow for most of the night and only stopped to rest once every couple of hours.

"I know." Matt whispered back with a smirk, the two seeing Jeremy and Ashley leave the cave from about fifteen feet away.

"Should we attack?" Coral asked, though Matt shook his head.

"Not yet. Let's follow them and see if they lead us to anywhere useful." Matt responded as Coral nodded in agreement.

Ashley and Jeremy walked for a little while until they reached the spot where Jeremy had found a couple of hours ago, bringing the male Tribute to place down both backpacks in the snow and look for the water containers to fill them with the clean water while Ashley walked towards the stream's edge, taking note of the constant ten inch fish that swam along the slow current. What Ashley and Jeremy didn't know however was that this was the same stream Caroline and the others were at, and that they were only about a little more than a mile apart.

"This is perfect." Ashley commented as she took out an arrow from the quiver and positioned it on the string of the bow, the brunette taking aim at a fish and released the arrow as Jeremy walked up beside her with the water containers.

"I know." Jeremy agreed as he knelt down and filled the containers. Ashley stretched her arm out as much as she could and retrieved the arrow embedded into the fish, the brunette removing the fish from the arrow and placed the limped body on a large rock next to her.

"How many fish should I shoot?" Ashley asked, reusing the same arrow and caught another fish.

"I would say four for now, since fish will only be good for about a day. We can keep coming back here for food and water." Jeremy responded as Ashley nodded in agreement, taking off the second fish from the arrow and placed it with the other fish.

After catching two more large fish the two decided to start heading back towards the cave, though when they turned around Ashley was suddenly struck in the forehead with a rock the size of a fist. She fell to the ground in a daze as her head began to slightly bleed, her bow dropping in the seven inch snow and being buried.

"Ashley!" Jeremy gasped in shock before being tackled to the ground, his body falling hard against the cold snow with Matt on top of him while Coral ran towards Ashley with the pocket knife from her backpack in her right hand and had the very throwing knife Ashley threw at her in her left. Right as Coral was about to quickly lean down and embed the throwing knife into Ashley she kicked up both of her legs which made contact with Coral's stomach, sending the other female Tribute to fly over Ashley and land in the snow. The two girls quickly got up and charged at each other, Ashley not having time to search for her bow.

Jeremy and Matt struggled in the snow for a few moments to dominate one another until Matt punched Jeremy hard in the face and began to strangle him, Jeremy gasping for air as he reached into his pocket and pulled out the single throwing knife he had. He went to stab it into Matt's ribcage but the other Tribute saw it coming, forcing Matt to release Jeremy as he quickly jumped to the side. Both males stood to their feet as Matt took out his sword which hung from his belt, Jeremy silently cursing at himself since he only had one throwing knife as a weapon.

Ashley's and Coral's bodied collided as both females crashed into the very rock where the fish had been, a crack being heard from Coral's backpack as she tried to stab Ashley in the face with the pocket knife. Ashley flung her head back, the blade cutting open the bottom of Ashley's chin. Ashley took the very arm Coral had tried to use to stab Ashley and broke the other Tribute's wrist by slamming it into the sharp corner of the rock, bringing Coral to scream out in pain as she dropped both the pocket and throwing knife. Ashley quickly picked up the throwing knife and slashed it across Coral's throat without hesitation, feeling the end of the blade grind against the bone as Coral instantly dropped to her knees. A waterfall of warm blood flowed from the open wound and spilled onto the snow, staining the frozen white water to red.

"Coral!" Matt yelled in shock when seeing what had happened, rage consuming him as he swung his sword at Jeremy's neck. He quickly ducked and kicked Matt in the stomach, sending the Tribute flying a few feet and crashed into the snow while Jeremy raced towards his sister's side. When he got there Coral's skin had paled and gone cold, her dead body falling into the snow as her eyes remained open.

"I really hope Aria didn't see me do that..." Ashley said with guilt in her eyes, though before Jeremy could even respond Ashley saw Matt charging at Jeremy who had his back to him. "No!" Ashley yelled, pushing Jeremy to the side as hard as she could as Matt's sword stabbed clean through the side of Ashley's ribs. The brunette let out a long, horrible scream from the top of her lungs, which Caroline was able to hear from the mile away.

"You're dead." Matt growled as he pulled out the bloodied sword from the side of Ashley's body. When Ashley had pushed Jeremy he had fallen right on top of the bow, the male quickly picking it up and searched for an arrow. He found one from when Ashley had fallen from the rock hitting her head and quickly grabbed it, putting the arrow on the string and took aim. Jeremy never picked up the skills for archery however so when he aimed the arrow at the back of Matt's head and released it the arrow had hit the top of Matt's arm, bringing Matt to growl in pain as he took his sword and ran into the nearby woods. Ashley fell to her knees, the brunette clenching her heavily bleeding wound as Jeremy raced to his sister's side.

"Let me see." Jeremy spoke in a shaky voice as fear dawned over him, that fear only worsening when Ashley took her hand away from the wound. On the right side of Ashley's ribs there was a large, deep gash which a rib could clearly be visible. Jeremy's hands shook at the sight as he dug through one of the bags, desperately trying to find the sewing kit. "I'm going to sew that up and then carry you back to the cave."

"I'm a lost cause, Jeremy. Just leave and make sure to win these Games for Aria." Ashley responded weakly as she began to lose a lot of blood.

"Don't talk like that." Jeremy growled as he pulled out the sewing kit. "I'm not going to let you die."

"Take me back to the cave right now so we aren't in the open then." Ashley said as Jeremy nodded, placing the sewing kit back into the backpack and slung both of them over his shoulder. He then handed his sister the bow and Coral's backpack and cradled Ashley into his arms, the Tribute beginning to walk away. "Wait... the fish."

"Seriously..." Jeremy sighed, the male leaning down so Ashley could grab the fish she had caught. He then made his way back towards the cave, the sound of the cannon filling the entire arena for Coral's death.

Arena

"A lot of people died just today..." Kiseki commented softly, bringing Caroline to look down from his words.

"We should probably figure out our sleeping arrangements." Ichiru spoke after a few moments. "Since we're in an open area, we'll have to sleep in shifts so someone will be awake at all times to keep watch."

"I'll take the first shift when everyone is ready to sleep." Caroline offered. "I don't think Amelia should do any shifts though, because she's going to need all of her sleep for her wound to heal quicker." Caroline looked over to Amelia and offered her a smile, the blonde then standing up and taking the fish bones with her. She threw it into the stream and watched them float away, not wanting to risk unwanted animals from the wilderness to smell the fish and come searching for the source.

The next morning came as Caroline slowly opened her eyes, finding herself in Kiseki's sleeping bag as her head rested on his chest. Caroline smiled, grateful that with their combined body heat that she was able to keep warm. She did her best to slip out of the sleeping bag while trying not to wake him and stood to her feet, Caroline walking over towards the stream and knelt down by the edge to splash clean water over her face. After cupping water into her hands and drinking it a horrible scream suddenly echoed through the wilderness, bringing Caroline to quickly stand to her feet.

"Ashley..." Caroline said to herself in alarm, Ashley's scream becoming low as it reached their camp-sight but Caroline was able to instantly recognize it. Caroline stood there for a few moments as she was paralyzed by fear for her best friend, but when the sound of the cannon suddenly tore through the arena Caroline's eyes widened. "Ashley!" Caroline screamed in fear as she began to sprint in the direction of where she picked up on Ashley's scream, the blonde thinking the sound of the cannon symbolized Ashley's death since The Fallen wouldn't be revealed until later that night.

Caroline took out both of her daggers and was about to run into the woods towards the direction of Ashley's scream until a large pack of wolves suddenly began to walk towards Caroline, the pack circling the blonde as if they were trying to prevent her from reaching Ashley.

"Get out of the way." Caroline growled as she gripped her daggers tighter, the snarling pack beginning to close in around Caroline.
Old 02-02-2013, 10:13 AM
Kaioo Offline

Keiru Kozaka, District One/ Christian Wright, District Nine/ Brandon Lockhart, District Ten
Arena

"I sometimes wonder what it would be like to not worry about the Games you know?" Keiru sighed. "Makes me curious if I'd be like I am now if we didn't have to live in fear of the Games..."

Keiru stopped walking suddenly, his gaze snapping to his surroundings as he fell silent, his eyes darting about all around him. A rustle of movement and Keiru grabbed Caitlyn, wrapping an arm protectively around her as he pulled her around and behind him before blocking the metal blade that sliced through the air where Caitlyn had previously been, and Keiru calmly deflected the blade, glaring at Christian who was standing across from him in a weak combative stance. It was quite obvious from Keiru's stance that something in him had changed.

"Nine... Ten must be around here somewhere. Looking to join your partners?" Keiru asked, a grin on his face, as he turned to face his right, directing the fatal blow with practised ease, and kicking Brandon in the side, sending him stumbling back to stand alongside Christian. "Two on One? The odds are not in your favour."

Keiru readied himself as Brandon and Christian charged at him swinging their blades together, which he easily blocked, sending both blades off to the sides as he slammed his shoulder into Christian's gut but was unable to follow up as Brandon recovered and slashed at him, cutting his lower right arm slightly, though the wound wasn't too deep, it didn't seem to hinder Keiru much as he leaned backwards to avoid a swipe from Christian, kicking his foot up and catching Christian's chin as he span around in a crouch, bringing his sword up to deflect Brandon's overhead swing, before punching Brandon in the jaw, sending him stumbling backwards.

Keiru gathered himself back in his stance before rushing forward to capitalise on Brandon's stumbling, but Christian blocked his blow, and he felt pain erupt in his head as a fist collided with his jaw, allowing Brandon the opportunity to recuperate and send Keiru on the defensive as he swung blow after blow upon him, whilst Christian also attacked, though the two weren't as cohesive as they needed to be to keep Keiru occupied, and he saw an opening in their assault, sending Brandon's blade into Christian's and allowing him to cut off Christian's hand that was empty. The severed body part fell to the ground, staining the snow red as blood gushed from Christian's wound. Christian snarled in anger, and swung at Keiru.

Keiru ran forward, neatly ducking under the swing by Christian, and blocked Brandon's downwards slash, before uppercutting the older tribute of the duo, before trying to follow it up with slash across Brandon's midsection, but was quickly cut off by Christian swiftly launching an offensive against Keiru, sending him backwards as he blocked rapid blow after blow. Keiru saw his opportunity, and grabbed a hold of Christian's remaining arm as he lunged too far forward, and yanked him towards himself, before ramming his sword into Christian's stomach.

Keiru ripped the sword out of Christian's grasp, and let him crumple to the ground as he began to step backwards, swords in his hands, ready to be used as he stared at Brandon. "You should attend to your companion, Ten."

Brandon glared at Keiru, and stepped forward, grasping Christian's shoulder before dragging him back to where they'd attacked from, disappearing into the trees, heading back towards where they'd left their supplies, leaving Keiru and Caitlyn. Keiru turned towards Caitlyn as he approached her, offering her the sword he'd taken from Christian. He still had the grin on his face, though it was less prominent now, before changing to an apprehensive look, and it was almost as if he'd changed personalities.

"We'll probably want to get moving as quickly as possible, we wouldn't want anymore surprises." Keiru muttered, his eyes locked on where Brandon had dragged Christian. "I got a bit lucky that they weren't that well co-ordinated. That wasn't a lethal blow I struck, so Nine will be out of action for a while."

The sound of a cannon tore the air, and Keiru's gaze shot to the sky as he narrowed his eyes.

"Somebody else died..." Keiru muttered.

Old 02-05-2013, 05:38 PM
DarkAmethyst Offline

Michael Knight from District Two/ Ichiru Kagami from District Three/ Kiseki Kagami from District Four
Arena

The next morning, Ichiru and Kiseki both snapped awake at the sudden horrible scream that filled the air. Kiseki was a bit alarmed at first when he noticed that Caroline wasn't beside him, but a few seconds later he noticed her standing near the stream.

The sound of a cannon followed shortly after, and Michael's eyes shot open.

"Ashley!" Caroline's scream alarmed Ichiru, who quickly rose to his feet along with Kiseki. Both of them stopped, and Kiseki glanced back at Ichiru, who gave him a mere nod. Kiseki hesitated, but returned it shortly after and turned back around to go after Caroline. Ichiru turned his attention to Michael, who had quickly gotten up after he was awoken and retrieved his sword from its place beside him.

"Go on ahead with Kiseki and Caroline. I'll stay here with Amelia."

Ichiru looked as though he wanted to protest, but instead gave a nod.

"If someone shows up, don't hesitate to attack, got it?"

"Don't worry, I will. We'll be fine." Michael gave him a reassuring smile, and after a few more moments' hesitation, Ichiru turned and ran after Kiseki and Caroline.

Kiseki had almost caught up with Caroline when what sounded like low growling reached his ears. He slowed down somewhat in caution, but didn't stop he steady advance toward the woods.

Only seconds later, he saw what the source of the growl was - a pack of wolves had surrounded Caroline just outside of the woods. The blonde was standing in the midst of them with her daggers, and the wolves had begun to circle her as if trying to prevent her from going any further.

"Caroline!"

Kiseki took out his own dagger and was just about to attack the wolf closest to him when the one furthest away started to lunge. His right hand seemed to move on its own, grabbing one of his throwing knives and tossing it straight at the wolf. He didn't know if it was luck or skill, but the knife struck the wolf right in the forehead, and it fell to the ground motionlessly.

Kiseki's action caught the other wolves' attention,and two of them instantly turned on him. He slashed at one that jumped from in front of him with the dagger, but was unable to catch the second, which came from his right. He winced in pain as the canine's teeth caught his arm, but thanks to his quick reflexes he was able to avoid having his arm captured in its jaws.

The wolf which had bitten him turned on its heel and started for him again, but just when it started to lunge, its growl became a yelp of pain as Ichiru appeared behind it and stabbed it with a knife.

The older twin stood at Kiseki's side with three knives in each hand, as the animal fell to the ground with the other fallen wolves, looking at each of the remaining ones in turn to see which would make the first move. If they were lucky, maybe they would just run away... That didn't seem very likely, though. Not here.

"If we're not lucky enough to have the rest of the wolves flee before we kill them, once most of them are taken out, the two of you should go ahead to find Ashley."

Kiseki instantly looked at him in protest.

"No way. I'm not leaving you here alone no matter how many wolves are left."

"We can't waste time, Kiseki. We don't know if that cannon was for Ashley or not. There's still a chance that she's alive! And if she is, someone needs to be there to help her fend off enemies. We can't waste time taking care of a small problem like this."

Kiseki scowled, stubbornly averting his gaze to the wolves. His voice seemed to drop an octave with the change his personality seemed to undergo.

"In that case, let's just take out these wolves quickly."

Arena

The battle which suddenly broke out between Keiru and the remaining tributes from Nine and Ten happened so quickly that Caitlyn was unable to fully process everything that had happened. One minute they were walking through the woods, and the next there was blood and fighting. Even now that the severely injured tributes had retreated into the woods, she was still shocked from the intensity of the event and the speed at which it had occurred.

Her gaze had fallen to the severed hand that lay in bloodstained snow when the crunching that accompanies one's footsteps brought her to look back up at Keiru, who had approached her and was offering the sword he had taken from Nine with a grin.

She managed to give him a smile in response - mostly out of relief that he had survived such a situation - and took the sword after strapping the bow to her back. The apprehensive look that suddenly came on to Keiru's face made her smile disappear quickly, her own expression shifting to one of concern.

"We'll probably want to get moving as quickly as possible, we wouldn't want anymore surprises." He spoke before she could question him, eyes locked on where the two tributes had disappeared into the woods. "I got a bit lucky that they weren't that well coordinated. That wasn't a lethal blow I struck, so Nine will be out of action for a while."

Caitlyn looked at the ground momentarily before the sound of a cannon ripped through the air, bringing her to look back up sharply.

"Somebody else died..." Keiru muttered her very thoughts as he looked at the sky with narrowed eyes. Caitlyn tightened her grip on the sword in her hand, lowering her gaze from the sky to Keiru. She noticed the wound on his arm and frowned.

"Will you be alright with that? It doesn't look too deep, but maybe it should still be tended to."

OOC: Caitlyn's part sucked >< I feel bad for killing the wolves... xD

Last edited by DarkAmethyst; 02-05-2013 at 09:09 PM.
Old 02-13-2013, 11:31 PM
Kei Ochima Offline

(Awwww XD)

Arena

Jeremy desperately wanted to make his way back to the cave which him and his sister had spent the night in but knew that action was too risky, simply because he didn't know how long Matt and Coral had been tracking them. Jeremy feared that Matt would know where he would take his sister, bringing Jeremy to make a last minute decision. Instead of heading down the path which would take him to the cave he made a left which would take him through another part of the woods, bringing Ashley to look up at her brother in confusion.

"Where are we going?" Ashley forced out through the pain. "The cave is the other way."

"If we go back to the cave then there's a chance Matt could be waiting for us. Even though he's injured he still might pull a surprise attack on us." Jeremy responded with a shake of his head.

"True." Ashley agreed. "We need to find somewhere to patch up my wound though. I'm getting dizzy from the blood-loss." Ashley's words made Jeremy clench his jaw as he scanned his surrounds, already seeing a small clearing through the woods. He quickly but carefully made his way towards the edge of the woods where a tunnel in a small mountain could be seen, the male hurrying over towards the shelter. He paused at the entrance and saw that the wide tunnel led somewhere, though he didn't know where but took note to explore it once he patched up his sister's wound.

"We'll camp right here for now. We're about a quarter mile from the river, so we still have a food and water supply." Jeremy said as he moved deeper into the tunnel and carefully placed down his sister in the snow.

"Okay good." Ashley said, though her tone was weak. Jeremy then flung the backpacks on the ground and searched through Coral's first, finding a half gallon of water, a small blanket, a package of crackers and a red pocket knife.

"There's hardly anything in here." Jeremy growled, pulling out a broken syringe. On the label it read 'Will Recover ANY Sickness', to which Jeremy cursed as Ashley looked at him in confusion. "If your wound got infected then you could had used this."

"I'll be fine." Ashley reassured her brother as he threw the broken syringe against the tunnel's wall. Jeremy didn't respond however as he sat next to his bleeding sister and quickly went through his own bag, pulling out the sewing kit and quickly went at work. After about ten minutes of carefully sewing his sister's wound shut Jeremy took the small blanket that was in Coral's backpack and ripped the end off, tying it around Ashley's stomach and over the wound. Even though Ashley did her best not to show it, Jeremy knew his sister was in pain, the male mentally cursing in his head that there wasn't a thing he could do.

"I'm gonna go gather some wood and make a fire for us so we can cook a fish or two. Stay here and rest." Jeremy said, bringing Ashley to nod.

Caroline Hawthorne from District Four/Ashley Mellark and Jeremy Mellark from District Twelve
Arena

"Caroline!" The blonde's grip around her daggers tightened when she heard Kiseki call out her name, though she didn't dare take her attention away from the wolves. When a few started attacking both Kiseki and Ichiru however Caroline sprang forward, slashing her daggers at the remaining three wolves as they growled.

"If we're not lucky enough to have the rest of the wolves flee before we kill them, once most of them are taken out, the two of you should go ahead to find Ashley." Caroline heard Ichiru say just as a wolf leaped up in the air and lunged towards her throat, though she quickly ducked in the snow and jammed her dagger through the wolf's stomach. The wolf gave out a yelp in pain before collapsing in the snow, a puddle of warm blood pooling around the dead animal's body as the two remaining wolves snarled in rage.

"No way. I'm not leaving you here alone no matter how many wolves are left." Kiseki protested.

"We can't waste time, Kiseki. We don't know if that cannon was for Ashley or not. There's still a chance that she's alive! And if she is, someone needs to be there to help her fend off enemies. We can't waste time taking care of a small problem like this." Ichiru responded as Caroline stood to her feet, locking her eyes with the remaining two wolves.

"In that case, let's just take out these wolves quickly." Kiseki said. As if they understood him, the two wolves suddenly sprang towards Kiseki at the same time.

"No!" Caroline shouted, throwing the dagger in her right hand which impaled the wolf closer to Kiseki right in the side of the head and fell to the ground. The remaining single wolf suddenly turned and ran right for Caroline, the blonde not having time to throw her second dagger as the wolf slammed its body right into hers. Caroline went crashing into the snow and smashed her head against a tree, a daze falling over her as she tried her best to focus her vision. Her vision finally cleared just as the wolf leaped towards her, the only thing Caroline being able to do was ducking at the last possible second. The wolf crashed into the tree at full speed as a sickening crack filled the air, the wolf breaking its neck by its own force and falling to the side of Caroline.

"That's what you get." Caroline growled as she stood to her feet, the blonde rubbing the back of her head where she felt a lump already beginning to form. She paid that no attention however as she looked at all the dead wolf bodies, then her attention shifting to Kiseki and Ichiru as she walked over towards the one wolf and retrieved her dagger. "I guess we can skin them for fur and actually cook up their meat when we come back." Caroline then looked in the direction where she heard Ashley's scream, seeing a hovercraft appear in the distance and retrieved a dead body. Caroline couldn't tell if it was Ashley's body she was seeing since they were still a distance away, though the sight of the body made Caroline's jaw clench as she ran towards the direction of the hovercraft.

Caroline stayed towards the edge of the river as she ran so she wouldn't get lost in the thick forest, and after running for what felt like forever she finally came to a stop when she saw a fight had clearly taken place. Various sizes of blood puddles stained the snow as Caroline glanced around for any clues of who had died, though she couldn't find anything at first. Her attention shifted towards droplets of blood however along with a set of footprints walking away from the scene, bringing Caroline's grip to tighten around her daggers' handles as she cautiously followed the blood path and footprints.

Both the blood and footprints then led into the woods which Caroline continued to follow, the blonde not having to walk far until the woods ended where she saw a small fire inside a tunnel. Caroline looked and saw that in the tunnel was none other than Ashley and Jeremy, the two Tributes finishing a couple of fish.

"Ashley! Jeremy!" Caroline shouted. The Mellark siblings quickly looked up and saw Caroline running towards them, relief flashing through all of them. Jeremy stood up and was about to run out of the tunnel until suddenly the snow from the small mountain the tunnel ran through fell in front of the entrance like an avalanche, the Gamemakers aware of the alliance and wanting to keep Ashley and Jeremy separated from the others.

"Caroline!" Ashley shouted in shock, the tunnel's entrance now being covered in snow and ice.

"No!" Caroline screamed, beginning to dig through the thick wall of snow and ice to try and reach her friends. The only light in the tunnel now came from the small fire Ashley and Jeremy had, bringing Jeremy to take out one of the longer thick branches from the fire and held it like a torch, the Tribute walking towards the snowy wall.

"There's no way we can dig ourselves out of here, Caroline. The snow and ice is far too thick." Jeremy shouted so Caroline could hear him.

"I'm not just going to leave you guys in there!" Caroline shouted back, both their voices being muffled from the snow. Jeremy looked behind him, seeing a feint light at the very end of the tunnel.

"I think this tunnel leads to a way out. Can you meet us on the other side?" Jeremy asked. Caroline took a few steps back to look at her surroundings, though mountains would be blocking her way. If she could use the tunnel which cut directly in the middle of the mountain then it would be about a quarter mile of a walk, but if she went around the mountains and thick forest to reach the other end of the tunnel then that was at least a seven mile walk.

"I can walk around the mountains and meet you at the other side." Caroline responded.

"That will take far too long." Jeremy shook his head. "Ashley and I will follow the tunnel to see where it leads us. Meet us at the Cornucopia like we planned."

"Are you sure there isn't a way to break through this wall?" Caroline asked as she placed her hand on top of the snow.

"It will take days to dig out of here, so if Ashley and I follow the tunnel then we can make it to the Cornucopia by tomorrow afternoon." Jeremy said as he looked over towards his sister, who nodded in agreement.

"Fine." Caroline sighed. "Who died? We heard the cannon and saw the hovercraft get the body."

"Ashley killed Coral." Jeremy explained. "Her and Matt jumped us, but we fended them off. Matt got away, though he's injured."

"Did Ashley get hurt? I followed a blood path along with only one set of footprints, which means you must had carried her since the footprints were too big to be her own." Caroline responded. Jeremy was silent for a few moments, Ashley shaking her head towards Jeremy.

"Lie." Ashley whispered. "We don't need her to worry."

"She's fine." Jeremy began, doing his best to keep his voice steady. "Ashley got a deep cut on her arm but I patched it up, which was why you were able to follow a blood trail. I carried her however because she twisted her ankle, but she'll be fine."

"I'll be okay, Caroline." Ashley finally spoke, to which Caroline nodded.

"Okay. Get to the Cornucopia as soon as you can. If you aren't there in two days, we'll come looking for you." Caroline said.

"Be careful." Ashley responded.

"You too." Caroline said before turning around, beginning to make her way back towards the woods where she would follow her own footprints. Jeremy sighed as he walked back over to his sister, kneeling down and handing her the lit torch.

"I'll pack up and then we'll make our way towards that light."

"Okay." Ashley responded to her brother's words, the brunette doing her best to ignore the pain on her side.
Old 03-15-2013, 12:26 PM
Kaioo Offline

Keiru Kozaka, District One
Arena

"Will you be alright with that? It doesn't look too deep, but maybe it should still be tended to."

Keiru looked at Caitlyn before glancing down at the wound on his arm "It'll be fine, it is merely a flesh wound. It will not hinder me."

Keiru scanned his surroundings, listening intently to nature, a faint sound in the distance on his right flank alerting him to the presence of something important, and he turned to gaze in the direction of the sound. "I can faintly hear the sound of wildlife in that direction. I have a feeling that they are congregating around a water source."

Keiru began to walk in the direction of the noise, checking to make sure Caitlyn was following him as he weaved through the trees. After several minutes of moving through the trees, he came out into a clearing, and his attention was immediately drawn to the expanse of ice in front of him, and he smiled as he slammed his sword down onto the ice, splintering it and creating a decent sized hole in the ice, revealing the water beneath, and he turned his head to look at Caitlyn.

"Seems we found ourselves some water." Keiru stated, and knelt down by the hole, scooping up some water before taking a sip.

After several moments of nothing happening, he nodded his head as he downed the rest of the water cupped in his hand. "It's safe to drink."

Keiru scooped up several more mouthfuls, before wiping his mouth as he surveyed the rest of the clearing, spotting a spot that would be reliable and safe to camp in for some rest. "We should get some rest underneath that rock overhang. The ceiling is too low for us to stand under it, but it'll provide us with some cover as well as allowing us relative safety, with only one approach point."

Brandon Lockhart, District Ten/Christian Wright, District Nine
Arena

Brandon glared at Christian, who was holding his bandages around the wound and wincing. "We've lost them now."

Christian coughed, a bit of blood splattering on the ground in front of him as he shook his head. "We're going to need more than just us two to take down Keiru. That or we find his sister and hold her captive."

Brandon shook his head. "Impossible. She's most likely with the Kagami brothers and their group, she went in that direction."

Amelia Kozaka, District One
Arena

Amelia came back to consciousness and nearly shot up to stand, but remained stationary as she remembered she was wounded. Making her breathes as unnoticeable as possible, she listened to her surroundings, noting that there was now only one person around her. Amelia cursed her luck. If she had a weapon she would have been able to escape. Realizing she was stuck there, she heaved a sigh as she opened her eyes and stared at Michael.

"Whe-" Amelia started to speak, her voice raspy before she ended up coughing, holding her hand to her mouth. When she brought her hand down, it was coated with blobs of crimson, and she grimaced.

She tried to speak again, but ended up coughing again, blood droplets littering the snow in front of her as she failed to cover her mouth in time, pain shout through her throat, and it felt as if it were burning. Her lips felt unhealthily dry, and she realized that bits of her lips had chapped already.