Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Pokemon Main Boards » Pokemon: Black/White 2

Pokemon: Black/White 2 Discuss Pokemon Black 2 and Pokemon White 2. Get your questions answered, give your opinions and participate in discussions here!

Old 11-05-2012, 01:31 PM
Judge Dredd Offline
Master of Shadows

Default Did the mass outbreak save Black and White 2?

Now some could agrue that Black and White did really well, but others who have been a fan of the series the whole time might say Black and White one was just another squeal in a long series of repeating story lines and un original pokemon designs.

I think that the Pokemon Company realized this when setting up B/W 2. They took bold steps and finally did what no other region had done right off the bat, they gave you access to pokemon from different generations. Now players could catch eevees wild..as a pokemon fan I felt revitalized when playing black 2, finding old pokemon all over the place was awesome! So was it the mass outbreak that saved the Black and White series or do you think there was something else.

Dragonair: 33054
Dragonite: 33129
Level100: 33264

GCEA Link Page Pokemon Evolution List

Old 11-05-2012, 04:53 PM
Elite_Battle_Master Offline

Default Re: Did the mass outbreak save Black and White 2?

B2W2 were original in the fact that for the first time, they made an actual sequel. They continued a terrific storyline from B1W1 and built upon it. Add to the fact that in B2W2 you can battle pretty much any elite trainer from the first 4 generations in the PWT, there is Join Avenue, Black Tower, the Medal System (gamers that collect trophies on PS3 or achievements on 360 can appreciate this), actual rewards for completing the pokedex, being able to catch a ton of legendary pokemon, new breeding mechanics...

I could go on and on. There is a ton of things to do in these new games. It's my opinion that these are the best games since red/blue.

So you think you are a top tier battler? Not so unless you have become the Kenohra League Champion!
† Laus Deo Semper †
Old 11-06-2012, 06:42 AM
Gym Leader Ken Offline

A few of the things I loved the most about Black 2 are:

The amazing music that they have started making and putting in the games.
(In BW also) The Pokemon being fully animated, I LOVED that when I found out about it, makes the game that much more "real"
I was astonished, ba dum tissss, when I saw that numbers of Legendary pokemon you could get in game, not to mention getting Shiny pokemon given to you, and the side quest to obtain rare pokemon. (NOT TO MENTION! The Shiny Charm which is god awful to obtain, but hey it's there for the dedicated.)

There are a lot of things I loved about BW2, There's just too much to name, I thought they would butcher the story line but I was sucked into this game like there was no tomorrow, just an amazing, deep, connected story. It made my jaw drop on several occasions, also.

(Spoiler alert for those going in blind)

The fact that you can Fuse Kyurem and zekrom/reshiram. I traded my lv. 100 Reshiram from a Nintendo Event that way I could use either one. Just another amazing feature.

Love love love BW2.

GLK

Spiritomb ^_^

Old 11-06-2012, 06:52 AM
Pokemon Trainer Sarah Offline
Expecto Patronum!

Send a message via AIM to Pokemon Trainer Sarah Send a message via MSN to Pokemon Trainer Sarah

I think having more Pokemon available (and especially choosing popular ones to include) was a big plus, but I think BW2 really needed more than that to be good. The addition of the medal system, ability to battle old gym leaders and new areas to explore really made it worthwhile to me. I was a little bit disappointed in the story just because it was so short and not much really seemed to happen throughout the game. I guess it was nice not to be bothered by bad guys every 5 minutes like on most other games, though.

Black and White were really the first games not to have Pokemon from any other regions available before the Elite Four. So while BW2 including other Pokemon was great, I didn't think it was such a big deal since that's what normally happens anyway.
Old 11-06-2012, 07:12 AM
Gym Leader Ken Offline

I agree with Sarah. lol

At times the story seemed like it was happening to fast, and others, it was like "What am I supposed to do now?" and "Is anything going to happen next?" I kinda thought the opponents lvs of pokemon rose a little to fast for my liking but eh, just makes a trainer stronger, I did however think it ended a little to quickly, and meeting N again was just awesome. Though some of the story, like boarding the Frigate many times seemed like just a filler, all in all I enjoyed the great story line continuing, but with the way it ended, Anyone think there will be a BW3? or maybe (finally) Pokemon Grey? With the way they are doing BW and BW2, I have the feeling Gen 6 will be here before we know it.

GLK

Spiritomb ^_^

Old 11-06-2012, 09:01 AM
Neptune's Disciple Offline

Send a message via AIM to Neptune's Disciple

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gym Leader Ken View Post
With the way they are doing BW and BW2, I have the feeling Gen 6 will be here before we know it.

GLK
Or, hopefully, we'll get remakes of Ruby and Sapphire! Still probably my favourite games of the series. Not really sure why, but I just loved them!

In terms of B2W2, I'm loving the hidden grottos. I'm currently hunting for a female Poliwhirl, come on Drizzle!

- ND
Old 11-07-2012, 08:06 AM
Gym Leader Ken Offline

I'd like to get a Gen 3 remake, that would be great, especially with the formats used in BW/BW2, G3 remakes with full animation and everything else would be just beautiful!

A poliwhirl would be nice, I think I may start a hunt myself. lol

Spiritomb ^_^

Old 11-15-2012, 03:28 PM
QuietSnowdrop Offline

The incorporation of older gen pokemon was a definite plus. The other thing that Black2/White2 did really well was the Pokemon World Tournament. I love being able to battle all the gym leaders from other regions. The only thing it could have done better was the plot. I felt like Black2/White2's story crumpled and died in comparison to that of Black/White. There should have been more big moments, cutscreens, twists, etc.

Last edited by QuietSnowdrop; 11-15-2012 at 03:30 PM.
Old 11-20-2012, 10:58 AM
Cobalt Shadow Offline

Send a message via MSN to Cobalt Shadow Send a message via Skype™ to Cobalt Shadow

I just finished playing black and started playing black 2. I hated black. I didn't like the story line, nor the new pokemon. Black 2 however I greatly enjoy, and its mostly because of the old pokemon. Heck, my team is my pignite, flaffy and railou, and i plan on adding an Eevee. It was a good decision to put in the old pokemon :D

Dragotech, Eternal Moonlight and I are the PE2k Wolf Pack! Fear Fredward the Sparklepire, Bidoof the Soulless and Slenderfairy!
Banner Made by Me
Old 12-22-2012, 09:46 PM
Snow Offline

Send a message via MSN to Snow Send a message via Yahoo to Snow

i like white 2 it makes me feel more at home and as far a remake of ruby and sapphire i agree and lets hope the new gen makes it as far as it's predecessors
Old 12-23-2012, 01:50 AM
Teddiursa of the Sky Offline

Send a message via Skype™ to Teddiursa of the Sky

Black and White were already great games, and the fact that GameFreak and Nintendo have made an actual sequel, for once, adds to the enjoyment of the game. It thrilled me to discover the majority of changes they made were positive. I only hope this continues.
Old 12-23-2012, 02:31 AM
Snow Offline

Send a message via MSN to Snow Send a message via Yahoo to Snow

i agree
Old 02-07-2013, 04:37 AM
damion Offline

Send a message via AIM to damion Send a message via Yahoo to damion Send a message via Skype™ to damion

I feel that B/W2 is a branch of r/s/e i mean it kind of feels like it and it has dive areas (i mean just to mention)
Old 02-11-2013, 07:54 PM
Silverwynde Offline

The fact that these games were actual sequels and not a tuned up second version was a plus for me. It was nice to go back to Unova and see what had happened in the two years after the first adventure. I think that's what really made the games for me. Sure, get some older Pokemon was nice but getting a real sequel was amazing.

Guardian: Evolve @ 159
My VPP Stats