Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Pokemon Main Boards » Pokemon: X and Y

Pokemon: X and Y Discuss the upcoming games Pokemon X and Pokemon Y here. Be sure to label posts with spoilers and use spoiler tags when necessary.

Old 02-06-2013, 10:51 AM
Pokemon Trainer Sarah Offline
Expecto Patronum!

Send a message via AIM to Pokemon Trainer Sarah Send a message via MSN to Pokemon Trainer Sarah
Default Re: What You do NOT want in X and Y

I don't want any evo/pre-evos of Kanto Pokemon. They need to leave them alone. Magmortar and Electivire were horrible. NO MORE! D: I actually liked having all new Pokemon and would be happy to see that again. But I have a feeling we will be seeing some pre/evos for 3rd gen Pokemon.

I don't want musicals or contests or whatever Pokestar studios was supposed to be. Bring back some mini games like Pokeathlon, that was awesome! And make it Wi-Fi friendly.

I don't want changes to battle mechanics, including new types. It's complicated enough already.

I don't want a slow grass starter final evolution. Let's see something quick with good attack and a nice movepool!

I don't want to see Pokemon based on man made things.

I don't want non-dinosaur fossils. :(
Old 02-06-2013, 04:46 PM
Obliveon Offline

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silverwynde View Post
Yeah, they are adorable but it's such a pest to get them any decent experience. It's also painful dealing with those that evolve via friendship and not level; they won't be very happy with you if they've fainted five times in a row. And trust me, my poor Elekid was pretty much dead weight until he evolved. Like I said, cute but problematic.

I guess I just don't have the patience to raise a child in this sense.
You obviously didn't take that one old man's advice in the early games. Put the baby Pokemon in the front spot then switch them out with other, stronger Pokemon. They still get the experience without all the fainting. They really rack up EXP in B/W/B2/W2 in the grass between Village Bridge and Lacunosa Town.
Old 02-06-2013, 05:42 PM
Judge Dredd Offline
Master of Shadows

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pokemon Trainer Sarah View Post
I don't want to see Pokemon based on man made things.

Sadly pokemon based on man made things have pretty much been in every gen. I dont mind them as long as they dont create a slice of pizza, or donut pokemon.

Dragonair: 33054
Dragonite: 33129
Level100: 33264

GCEA Link Page Pokemon Evolution List

Old 02-06-2013, 06:06 PM
Dark Moonlight Offline

Quote:
Originally Posted by Judge Dredd View Post
Sadly pokemon based on man made things have pretty much been in every gen. I dont mind them as long as they dont create a slice of pizza, or donut pokemon.
10/10 would donut

No, I wouldn't. No food Pokémon unless it's cool like Vanilluxe.

Am I the only person who actually LIKES the Vanilluxe & Garbodor families?

Spoiler:
Old 02-07-2013, 01:12 PM
codemonkey85 Offline

Send a message via AIM to codemonkey85 Send a message via MSN to codemonkey85 Send a message via Yahoo to codemonkey85 Send a message via Skype™ to codemonkey85

Quote:
I don't want changes to battle mechanics, including new types. It's complicated enough already.
I agree, but I don't think we can avoid new mechanics.

Quote:
According to him [Masuda], Pokémon X and Y will feature “a new battle mechanism that allows your Pokémon to become even more powerful when the bonds you share grow stronger.”
Old 02-07-2013, 04:42 PM
Obliveon Offline

Quote:
Quote:
I don't want a slow grass starter final evolution. Let's see something quick with good attack and a nice movepool!
I don't really agree with the no non-dino fossils because there are a ton of fossils of both the dino and non-dino variety in real life. You can't just get rid of one kind because you don't like them. They do need some more dinos though. I really didn't like Cranidos.

I do agree with the faster Grass Starter. They seem to always be slow, which doesn't always make sense. I would expect Serperior to be super fast, but I guess it wasn't. I can understand why Torterra was slow though.
Old 02-07-2013, 10:52 PM
Judgmental Arceus Offline

Send a message via Yahoo to Judgmental Arceus Send a message via Skype™ to Judgmental Arceus

Something that would really ruin a game for me would be a requirement to complete the regional dex before being allowed to battle the Elite Four. Collecting all Eight Badges is enough and some Pokémon don't even show up in certain games at all, let alone the wild.

If anything I'd welcome new Eeveelutions and maybe an Electrode evo (I always thought that Magnemite and Voltorb were "brother" electric-lines)

If anything maybe the new "closeness-in-battle" mechanic applies to stat boosts based on happiness.

Last edited by Judgmental Arceus; 02-07-2013 at 10:56 PM.
Old 03-03-2013, 08:29 PM
PKMN Trainer M Offline

Only 7 legendaries. (trio, version mascots and baby legendary) not a fire fighting starter. SIMPLE
Old 03-08-2013, 06:44 PM
Megiddo Flame Offline

I don't want the lack of a Dark-Type Gym!
Old 03-19-2013, 09:53 PM
Silverwynde Offline

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obliveon View Post
You obviously didn't take that one old man's advice in the early games. Put the baby Pokemon in the front spot then switch them out with other, stronger Pokemon. They still get the experience without all the fainting. They really rack up EXP in B/W/B2/W2 in the grass between Village Bridge and Lacunosa Town.
Oh, I did. Then I would hit up the breeder near Nimbasa. Even seven levels ahead and with a type advantage, Loki kept getting killed by a Marill of all things. He'd make a decent run for it but his defenses couldn't handle a hit, which was more than a bit frustrating. He'd even get slammed by the Azurill and Lillipup at the Ranch. His end result was great--my Electivire is a monster--but he was so frail in the beginning that he almost felt like dead weight, which sucks. Don't get me wrong, babies are cute but they can be so hard to raise properly.

That and I was also trying to get some EVs on the little twerp. That can get tricky. (I try to EV train early, even if I don't do metagame. It still makes a difference.)

Anywho: I do not want a baby form of Sawk and Throh. Seriously, the idea of those two having a child just weirds me out....

...okay, that sounded waaaaaaaaay better in my head.

I also don't want another Elemental Monkey. My Pansear is rotting in a PC box because it couldn't hold its own; I don't need anything similar to it taking up valuable storage space.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Moonlight View Post
Am I the only person who actually LIKES the Vanilluxe & Garbodor families?
Nope. I like 'em just fine. Heck, I've outright defended Vanilluxe on Pokememes because I worked with one and it impressed me.

Guardian: Evolve @ 159
My VPP Stats
Old 03-21-2013, 07:20 PM
Kayden Javlaíakín Offline

Quote:
I don't want any evo/pre-evos of Kanto Pokemon. They need to leave them alone. Magmortar and Electivire were horrible. NO MORE! D: I actually liked having all new Pokemon and would be happy to see that again. But I have a feeling we will be seeing some pre/evos for 3rd gen Pokemon.
Oh, god, THIS. So much. I'm okay with new evolutions of later-gen Pokémon (third and beyond), but I agree that the first two need to be left alone. I guess I wouldn't be opposed to an evolution for Dunsparce, because that's a 'Mon with lots of unrealized potential that could really benefit from an evolution, but other than that, I can't think of any others that actually need one. But then there's quite a few one-stage third and fourth gen Pokémon that I think could take from having an evo/pre-evo (like Mawile, Chatot, Tropius, just to name a few).

yeah yeah yeah
Old 03-22-2013, 06:38 AM
Dandin Offline

I do not want X and Y only for the 3DS and I don't want exclusive pokemon, only the legendaries, maybe they only make the pokemon rarer depending on the game.
But those things will never happen. ;(
Response:

Awesome avatar by 5TailedDemonLizard!!!

Click this cute Egg cuz it needs your love! (also give love to his friends!)

VPP:
Larvesta@46
Hatch: 61
Volcarona: 223
Level100: 346
Old 03-25-2013, 03:12 PM
Wizard Offline

Send a message via AIM to Wizard

no more pokemon without an evolution!

damnit that's one of the only things i like about pokemon!
that you can be playing with some pokemon and then BOOM new pokemon!

like if you played through another rpg, for example FF4, you play as an evil character then BOOM angel character! it made the game so much more fun to play!...

also... i WANT more eeveelutions! MORE I SAY!

Leader of the clan T.U.N Lords of Darkness
White FC 2624 2821 5234
White2 FC 4900 6256 6560
Elite 4 of the TUN League
Win: 52. Draw: 1. Lose: 3

we are now on Xat! http://xat.com/TUNLordsOfDarkness
Old 03-31-2013, 03:03 AM
Shdw_Tamwyn Offline

Send a message via MSN to Shdw_Tamwyn

I really don't want Legendary Pokemon that look like they could be regular Pokemon. I miss the ones like Suicune, who really looked too "majestic" to be anything but special. Don't get me wrong, B/W has some pretty awesome Legendaries, but I just don't get the same feeling that I did when I was younger.

Shdw_Tamwyn
Factfile
Credit to TayyabX for the awesome Umbreon banner!
Of Mice & Men|The Holy Guile|Sonata Arctica|The Amity Affliction|Amon Amarth|Opeth|Parkway Drive
FC: -0990 4214 1515-

^Very outdated
I am the biggest Sonata Arctica fan on here. Hands down.
Old 04-02-2013, 01:24 AM
acerrj9 Offline

I hope they keep the bike and just new skates.