Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Pokemon Main Boards » Pokemon: Black/White 2 » Pokemon: Black/White

Pokemon: Black/White Discuss the game: Pokemon Black and Pokemon White. Ask/Answer questions and discussions about Pokemon Black/White only.

Old 10-27-2012, 02:33 PM
meojs Offline

Default Re: BW Question and Answer Thread

Hi can someone trade me a good pokemon to platinum? im having a REALL hard time beating cynthia
Old 10-31-2012, 04:01 AM
Zetsu Offline

Send a message via Skype™ to Zetsu

Hey everyone!

I have a question regarding EV's.

As we all know, the Vitamins each give +10 to a stat, and having no effect at 100.
Also, with the introduction of Stat Wings, they each give 1EV and surpass the Vitamin limit.

So with these things taken into account, is it possible to max out my desired (if not, all) stats on a pokemon using Vitamins, and then using wings untill they all hit whatever the max stat increase is?

Also, how do you tell when a pokemons hit max stat?

WFL Dream Team.

Last edited by Zetsu; 10-31-2012 at 05:22 AM.
Old 10-31-2012, 05:59 AM
Neptune's Disciple Offline

Send a message via AIM to Neptune's Disciple

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zetsu View Post
Hey everyone!

I have a question regarding EV's.

As we all know, the Vitamins each give +10 to a stat, and having no effect at 100.
Also, with the introduction of Stat Wings, they each give 1EV and surpass the Vitamin limit.

So with these things taken into account, is it possible to max out my desired (if not, all) stats on a pokemon using Vitamins, and then using wings untill they all hit whatever the max stat increase is?

Also, how do you tell when a pokemons hit max stat?
If you wanted to obtain 155 wings on top of the 10 vitamins, then yes you could max out the EV's. However, there is no point in going over 152 as the number should be divisible by 4. Once you have fed the poke in question the 100 wings and 155 vitamins, it will say that it won't have any effect.

It's probably much easier to just train it with either macho brace or one of the power items (lens, band, etc) attached after giving it the 10 vitamins, and counting how many you obtain, stopping when you get to 152/252 total. It would take an incredibly long time to collect all those wings (on average, you would need to run into 1062 dark spots on a bridge to get the 152 required).

Hope this helps!

- ND
Old 10-31-2012, 11:33 AM
Zetsu Offline

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neptune's Disciple View Post
If you wanted to obtain 155 wings on top of the 10 vitamins, then yes you could max out the EV's. However, there is no point in going over 152 as the number should be divisible by 4. Once you have fed the poke in question the 100 wings and 155 vitamins, it will say that it won't have any effect.

It's probably much easier to just train it with either macho brace or one of the power items (lens, band, etc) attached after giving it the 10 vitamins, and counting how many you obtain, stopping when you get to 152/252 total. It would take an incredibly long time to collect all those wings (on average, you would need to run into 1062 dark spots on a bridge to get the 152 required).

Hope this helps!

- ND
Well i have fed my pokemon 10 Vitamins then saved it (checkpoint). Is it each KO or each level up while facing the pokemon that the EV's are applied?

I've thought about using the Power item but with the Railway battles you only get 3BP a run and i get real impatient, so i've opted to cycle around on Marvelous Bridge collecting wings while watching anime (lol)

WFL Dream Team.
Old 10-31-2012, 12:15 PM
Kaoru Offline
The Evolver

Send a message via AIM to Kaoru Send a message via Skype™ to Kaoru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neptune's Disciple View Post

Hope this helps!

- ND
The EV total is 510, with no more that 255 per stat. It is recommended you don't go over 252, dividing by 4 to get 63. Where did you get 152 & 155 from? o.o

sig by pokemon trainer sarah
links
Old 10-31-2012, 01:13 PM
Neptune's Disciple Offline

Send a message via AIM to Neptune's Disciple

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoru View Post
The EV total is 510, with no more that 255 per stat. It is recommended you don't go over 252, dividing by 4 to get 63. Where did you get 152 & 155 from? o.o
If Zetsu gave them 10 vitamins, then that leaves 152/155 out of the original 252/255 to still get.

Quote:
Well i have fed my pokemon 10 Vitamins then saved it (checkpoint). Is it each KO or each level up while facing the pokemon that the EV's are applied?

I've thought about using the Power item but with the Railway battles you only get 3BP a run and i get real impatient, so i've opted to cycle around on Marvelous Bridge collecting wings while watching anime (lol)
It applies for every KO. There's a good guide on gameFAQS for EV training that explains how the whole thing works, which pokemon to train against, the different items, all that stuff. You can find it here. It has some pretty horrid formatting, but if you take the time to go through it you should find it really helpful. I would imagine there are threads on here about it, but if you have any further questions feel free to ask!

- ND

Last edited by Neptune's Disciple; 10-31-2012 at 01:15 PM.
Old 10-31-2012, 01:45 PM
Typhlosion Explosion Offline
~Blast Burn

Send a message via AIM to Typhlosion Explosion Send a message via Skype™ to Typhlosion Explosion

You can use vitamins until 510 EVs. You can max out your EV limit with vitamins alone, but you can only get 100 in 5 stats and 10 in another.

Say for Espeon. You give her 10 of all vitamins except attack. That total would be 510 vitamins if you give her one in attack.

If you want to max out certain stats, then you could use 10 vitamins of that stat, and then EV wing from there. :)
Old 10-31-2012, 07:54 PM
Starbom Offline

Not regarding EVs and all but;

How do I get Curtis to phone me? I picked up his lost Xtransiver in Nimbassa like 5 days ago and I havent gotten a call back.

Ive been to the spot where I found his lost item, brought up both X's and i cant call him, despite Bulbapedia saying so... (see below)

"The player can call Curtis every other day at Nimbasa City and receive calls at specific locations around Unova. After exchanging several phone calls, Curtis would note that his work involves traveling to Kanto, Hoenn, and Sinnoh from time to time. The player's relation with Curtis increases as calls are made or received. "~ Bulbapedia
Old 10-31-2012, 10:14 PM
Zetsu Offline

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starbom View Post
Not regarding EVs and all but;

How do I get Curtis to phone me? I picked up his lost Xtransiver in Nimbassa like 5 days ago and I havent gotten a call back.

Ive been to the spot where I found his lost item, brought up both X's and i cant call him, despite Bulbapedia saying so... (see below)

"The player can call Curtis every other day at Nimbasa City and receive calls at specific locations around Unova. After exchanging several phone calls, Curtis would note that his work involves traveling to Kanto, Hoenn, and Sinnoh from time to time. The player's relation with Curtis increases as calls are made or received. "~ Bulbapedia
To start, you have to go to specific locations and he automatically calls you. (In these locations there is only 1 Tile that he calls you on.)

Dropped Item Quest

That link pretty much explains it more clearly. It shows pictures of the exact spots he calls you and the locations.

As for my question, I have one last question to ask.

I brought the Power Anklet, and battled a Purrloin. They give +1 to Speed. With that power Anklet, does that mean i will always get +1 to the speed stat (given that 4EV = 1 stat) and also mean that every 4 purrloin i KO will = 1 speed stat?

And is it better to just level up a pokemon 1 lvl at a time? because my pokemon killed a purrloin and leveled up x2.

WFL Dream Team.

Last edited by Zetsu; 11-01-2012 at 12:37 AM.
Old 11-01-2012, 03:43 PM
Elite_Battle_Master Offline

Quote:
As for my question, I have one last question to ask.

I brought the Power Anklet, and battled a Purrloin. They give +1 to Speed. With that power Anklet, does that mean i will always get +1 to the speed stat (given that 4EV = 1 stat) and also mean that every 4 purrloin i KO will = 1 speed stat?

And is it better to just level up a pokemon 1 lvl at a time? because my pokemon killed a purrloin and leveled up x2.
Having a power anklet attached to the pokemon you are training and defeating a pokemon with 1 speed ev gives you 5 total ev's towards speed (1 speed ev + 4 additional ev's from the power anklet). If your pokemon is infected with pokerus those numbers will double to 10 speed ev's [(1+4)x2=10].

So you think you are a top tier battler? Not so unless you have become the Kenohra League Champion!
† Laus Deo Semper †
Old 01-31-2013, 01:18 PM
Jet Offline

Send a message via AIM to Jet Send a message via MSN to Jet Send a message via Yahoo to Jet

Pardon the old necro but not quite sure on where to put it.

---

I got a few friends that just started, and I can't give a decent explanation on why Gliscor with Poison Heal is illegal with Stealth Rock and Roost.

I can give them the facts that Stealth Rock and Roost are 4th Gen TMs while Poison Heal is only introduced in B/W.

I can't answer them however on why this won't work:
Male Gliscor + Stealth Rock and Roost breed with a Female Gliscor with Poison Heal.
Old 01-31-2013, 04:59 PM
Typhlosion Explosion Offline
~Blast Burn

Send a message via AIM to Typhlosion Explosion Send a message via Skype™ to Typhlosion Explosion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jet View Post
Pardon the old necro but not quite sure on where to put it.

---

I got a few friends that just started, and I can't give a decent explanation on why Gliscor with Poison Heal is illegal with Stealth Rock and Roost.

I can give them the facts that Stealth Rock and Roost are 4th Gen TMs while Poison Heal is only introduced in B/W.

I can't answer them however on why this won't work:
Male Gliscor + Stealth Rock and Roost breed with a Female Gliscor with Poison Heal.
The female could pass on Poison Heal to the offspring, but they wouldn't have Roost and Stealth Rock unless the mother had it too. They'd need to be tutored those moves in B2W2. :)
Old 02-01-2013, 12:04 PM
Jet Offline

Send a message via AIM to Jet Send a message via MSN to Jet Send a message via Yahoo to Jet

Wait... I forgot Stealth Rock and Roost can be move-tutored... so... seeing all these posts in the net where Poison Heal + Stealth Rock / Roost is illegal is no longer true because of B/W 2?
-
Also, I thought it was the males in which the moves are determined, not the females?
Old 02-01-2013, 12:28 PM
mintjelly Offline
Father Cat

Send a message via AIM to mintjelly Send a message via Skype™ to mintjelly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jet View Post
Wait... I forgot Stealth Rock and Roost can be move-tutored... so... seeing all these posts in the net where Poison Heal + Stealth Rock / Roost is illegal is no longer true because of B/W 2?
-
Also, I thought it was the males in which the moves are determined, not the females?
You're right; males pass on egg moves, and females pass on species.

Shun the non-believer
Old 05-06-2013, 04:14 AM
OldMax Offline

On the poke radar how do you get the AR viewer thing, I can't seem to find 1 or get it to work