Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Interactive Boards » Role Play

Role Play Make Role Plays or join them. It's your world. Everybody else just lives in it.

Old 12-14-2012, 06:12 AM
Charmander009 Offline
WFL Official

Send a message via AIM to Charmander009
Default Re: GLADIATOR [rp]

Freddie Spencer
Link: Luxray

Freddie stared at the contestants in amazement. He had had no idea that things had been so rough outside the Game Center; nor could he believe that the contestants had resorted to such drastic measures to enter. He wasn’t sure how this could affect SUMMIT—hopefully, they wouldn’t take too much rap over the actions of the contestants. And, hopefully, it wouldn’t interfere with the game today.

Frowning to himself, he checked over the list one last time. He didn’t have to wait much longer before the last of the contestants filed in. The intern attended to his duties—albeit a little more soberly—and waited patiently for the forms to be filled out. He had nearly forgotten about the earpiece in his ear, until it suddenly buzzed out his name.

“Frederick, we are ready now. Send in the contestants.”

His heart began racing (both from excitement and from being surprised by the voice), despite his best efforts to remain calm. Clearing his throat, he called for everyone’s attention. “All right, everybody! We are now ready to begin the games! If I can get the rest of the release forms… Right! Thank you! Now, if you will follow me, I will take you to the VR room!”

Freddie waited for the contestants to gather, then practically skipped his way across the room. A soft growl from his Luxray reminded him to slow down for his charges. Deeper they went into the SUMMIT Game Center, through wide walls plastered with colorful game posters and displays showcasing GLADIATOR propaganda. Finally, Freddie stopped before a gateway obscured by a thick black curtain. Waiting yet again for all to show up, Freddie pulled back the curtain and motioned for the contestants to enter.

It was dark inside, but once someone triggered a motion sensor, two thick lines of white light flickered into existence on the floor, showing the contestants a clear path to the center of the room. As they continued walking, other lines of light came on, revealing a vast room filled with machinery. At the center was a vast pillar with the GLADIATOR logo glowing at its crown. A circle of television screens encompassed the pillar, each displaying information on one of the contestants—pictures, ages, birthplace, and so on.

Yet what were more impressive were the machines surrounding the pillar. They resembled pods of sorts, with beams rising up into an unseen ceiling. Egg-shaped and as smooth as black ice, a yellow light shone within each that displayed their inviting emptiness. People in white clothing stood by each pod, watching the contestants silently as they entered.

At the foot of the column in the center of the room was a raised dais, upon which waited a handful of important-looking people. Freddie came up from behind the contestants, urging them to come towards these individuals.

A man that stood at the forefront of this group smiled at them welcomingly. His black hair was slicked back into a ponytail without a hair out of place—as perfect as the white teeth he flashed at them. Dressed in a black suite and deep blue tie, he seemed to be in the prime of his life. “Welcome, welcome!” he beckoned the contestants. “Allow me to introduce myself! I am the President of SUMMIT Software, and the Executive Producer of GLADIATOR—Malcolm Kalsow! And may I say, we are most excited to have you here today! With the skills and intellect you each are bringing to the table today, this is promising to be the most exciting game of the century. I am certainly looking forward to seeing you play today.”

Mr. Kalsow motioned the space around them, as if presenting the room to them. “This is the crown jewel of the SUMMIT Game Center—the Virtual Reality room. Surrounding us are what we call Gateways—they are the devices that will immerse you into the world of GLADIATOR. I hope each of you have thought carefully about the specific Pokémon you wish to Link with today, as your choice may be the determining factor of your victory… or defeat. Their strengths will become your strengths—and their weaknesses, your weaknesses. Ah, but I am getting ahead of myself! The rules and specifics will be explained to you shortly by our outstanding intern, Frederick Spencer. I want to thank you all again for your participation! Show us what you’re made of! Fight to the finish! But most importantly, have fun!”

The man stepped down from the dais and quietly exited the room, followed by two employees. The woman who had addressed Freddie earlier that day took Kalsow’s place, addressing the contestants in a business-like tone: “Before you enter the Battleground, you will each be outfitted in BattleArmor designed specifically for you. This armor will transform once you enter the game and download your Pokémon, so the final product may not be the same as what you see now. If you could find the Gateway that corresponds with the screen on the column behind me that shows your profile, our personal will help you get suited up. We ask at this time that you remove any extra items from your person—this includes keys, electronic devices such as phones or PokeDexes, jewelry, and Trainer gear. We must also ask you to hand over all Pokémon other than the one you have chosen to link up with. They will be returned to you after the games. Your shoes must also be removed, as your armor comes outfitted with footwear designed for the Battleground.”

The woman turned and indicated the column, pointing at a thick cord that ran from the television screen to one of the Gateways. “Once you have been outfitted, our intern Frederick Spencer will inform you on the rules, mechanics, and regulations of GLADIATOR.” She nodded and stepped down.

Smiling excitedly at the contestants, Freddie moved forward to locate his screen. Once he spotted his smiling picture, he turned and walked to his designated Gateway. A familiar face beamed at him ecstatically—Molly, one of his fellow interns.

“This is so exciting!” she mouthed at him, hardly able to retain her energy.

“I know, right?” Freddie mouthed back before stepping up before the Gateway. He waited in place as Molly pulled out a rack from behind the pod—upon which rested Freddie’s BattleArmor. The armor slid right over his normal clothes, piece by piece starting with the chest plate. It felt a little bulky now, but Freddie knew that once he entered the Battleground, it would become much lighter and more flexible.

Once Molly was finished, Freddie gave her a quick thumbs up before heading back to the dais, waiting for the other interns to get suited up.

______

OBJECTIVE COMPLETE

NEW OBJECTIVE: SUIT UP, GEAR UP, PREPARE FOR GAMES

Old 12-14-2012, 07:07 AM
Cobalt Shadow Offline

Send a message via MSN to Cobalt Shadow Send a message via Skype™ to Cobalt Shadow

Name: Jacob
Link: Gallade

My conversation with Kyle was soon interrupted by Freddie's voice.

“All right, everybody! We are now ready to begin the games! If I can get the rest of the release forms… Right! Thank you! Now, if you will follow me, I will take you to the VR room!” he said. Everyone followed him into the VR room where we were told about the game, and given some basic insturctions.

I looked around and located the screen with my details. The attendant handed me my armour piece by piece as I put my bag with all my pokemon but gallade onto one of the trays provided, as well as my shoes. I put on the legs first, then the boots, then the chestpeice and arms. Lastly I put on the helmet. The armour felt like it was made of cheap plastic, and was dull and colourless. Thing that surprised me was the weight. For plastic, this weighed heaps. That worried me a bit. Gallade's main strength in battle is his speed. Then I remembered what we were told. Our armour will change in-game when it downloads our pokemon. I was slightly releived, but still worried about what might happen. The armour at the moment, isn't what I was hoping for. What if the in-game armour is worse? I double checked that I hadn't forgotten anything, and walked over to Freddie.
"I'm ready."

Name: Crimson
Link: Typhlosion

"I guess we will have to redo introductions later." I said to the girl.
"Can't even get in a hello." I thought, "I suppose I should have been there on time."

I walked through to the VR room and listened to the instructions. Then I heard something I didn't want to hear. "Please remove Jewelery."

I grasped my mothers Cross Necklace. It was given to me by her sister from Kanto, before my father moved us to Johto, after my mother passed away. I have had it as long as I remember, and was reluctant to give it up.
"I have the opportunity of a life time, and I am complaining because I have to let someone hold onto my necklace." I thought to myself, shaking off the feeling.

I found the screen with my details. I put Swampert, Scyther, Electivire and Metangs pokeballs into the tray. My only posessions were the pokemon and the necklace. I gave the necklace to the intern who was assigned to help me suit up.
"Please take good care of this. It is the only thing I have left from my mother before she died." I said. The intern nodded, then helped me with my armour. Well at least I think it was armour. It reminded me of a morphsuit. It stuck skin tight to me up to my neck. The only other peice was a helmet. It went over my head, but cut off at my nose, leaving my mouth and chin unprotected. The lenses of the helmet were dark red. The 'onsie' I was wearing was thick, and I could feel myself getting warm from it. There were definately at least 2 layers to it.

I finished putting on the armour, and thanked the intern, then made my way over to Freddie, making sure to get a glimpse of the screen belonging to the girl with the Jolteon. It said her name was Nicole. I found him with the boy with the boy who had pissed off the girl in the corner. They both had thick heavy armour.
"Will we be given instructions on how to use our abilities and armour?" I asked Freddie.
"This is gonna be interesting..." I thought to myself, unable to wait to see what the game would be like.

Dragotech, Eternal Moonlight and I are the PE2k Wolf Pack! Fear Fredward the Sparklepire, Bidoof the Soulless and Slenderfairy!
Banner Made by Me

Last edited by Cobalt Shadow; 12-16-2012 at 02:50 AM.
Old 12-14-2012, 06:59 PM
Dragotech Offline

Name: Joseph Swift
Link: Krookodile

Joseph pulled off what remained of his hoodie and stuck it into a tray along with his bag which contained his Pokeballs. He pulled off his boots and sat them in the tray next to his bag. He suspiciously eyed the the person who came to the tray. He pulled a Pokedex from his pocket and set it in one of his boots.

He looked over at the armor he would have to wear. He looked over at his Krookodile. "Hey you wanna switch places? You can wear the armor and I will be on the other side," he said this jokingly and in response the Alex shook her head. He pulled on the armor. He did not find it very comfortable, but it wasn't as heavy as he originally suspected. He saw another other contestant did not find the armor to be as pleasant. He thought of this as a possible advantage. Of course the fact that it would change may make it even worse. He found that thought to be unpleasant.

"So how do I look?" he asked Alex. She tried not to laugh at him. He walked over to Freddy with his Krookodile. "I am pretty sure I am ready."

Name Gerald Benson
Link: Ariados

Benson quickly scribbled his name on several release forms that he found and was not given. He followed the rest of the competitors over into the virtual room.

He called back Lyle and Isis, and he set their Pokeballs down with his Flygon's into a tray. he pulled off his bag and stuck it in their as well. His shoes were next. He reached into his pocket and pulled out a knife, and he set it in there as well. He pulled on his armor. He found it to be as unpleasant as it looked.

He and Scorn, his Ariados, walked over to Freddie. "Ready, Freddie," he said mockingly. He sneered over at the man with the Krookodile. The Krookodile growled in response. It appeared she was not fond of Gerald Benson.

Last edited by Dragotech; 01-08-2013 at 11:35 PM.
Old 12-14-2012, 11:30 PM
Sieses Offline

Send a message via AIM to Sieses

((OOC: 2nd Person, because why not?))

Kyle Denmark

Link: Cryogonal

"I just wanted to introduce myself. The way I see it, we are all strangers here. Wouldn't hurt to get to know each other outside the ring," Jacob says while laughing.

You smile sightly. You are still suspicious about his motives for conversation, and don’t really trust him all that well, but you decide to take him at his word. Of course you’re prepared for him to betray you at any moment; you’re not that stupid.

Jacob seems to have noticed you messing with Frostbite’s luxury ball, because he says, "You can't sit still either? I'm the same. I have to keep my hands busy otherwise I get distracted by the tiniest things."

You’re once again surprised. You’ve never had somebody else compare you to themselves positively before. Not that you remember, at least. In truth it probably happened quiet a few times, but those events have never really had enough of an impact for you to remember.

You can’t think of anything to say to this, and fortunately Freddie choses the best time to speak up. “All right, everybody! We are now ready to begin the games! If I can get the rest of the release forms… Right! Thank you! Now, if you will follow me, I will take you to the VR room!”

You beam and jump right off of the table you were sitting on. Fortunately you are pardoned the need to say goodbye to Jacob, because he seems every bit as eager to play the game as you are. Heck, you walk right behind him the whole way there.

The room you arrive in contains monitors with information on all the contestants. Your eyes meet the monitor designated to you and your heart drops. Your name is listed there for all to see. Now everybody would know how weird you are and there’s nothing you can do about it. You just hope that nobody really pays any attention to it.

You silently put the objects you were told to into a tray; and your hoodie because it’s just too baggy(although it wasn't mentioned before, you're wearing a black t-shirt under it); and start sliding in to the battle armor. It isn’t really as hard to get on as you would have thought from looking at it, which you take as being a small blessing. It isn’t that uncomfortable either; it's just a bit awkward.

You notice a few of the other contestants going over to Freddie, and you do so yourself. You take a spot next to Jacob and throw a forced smile in his direction.

“I-I’m ready.”

Signature made by Charmander009!

Last edited by Sieses; 12-14-2012 at 11:33 PM.
Old 12-22-2012, 12:24 AM
IrulewithLucas Offline

Lucas Shutt

Link: Blaziken

Lucas was eagerly waiting, bouncing with excitement as he knew it was almost time. He looked at Blaziken and nodded, and Blaziken did likewise.

“All right, everybody! We are now ready to begin the games! If I can get the rest of the release forms… Right! Thank you! Now, if you will follow me, I will take you to the VR room!” Freddie called out.

"Alright! It's time Blaziken! Let's show the world what we can do!" Lucas exclaimed. He walked over to the group of people waiting to enter the virtual world.

Freddie pulled back the curtain and Lucas let out a little laugh "Yes, yes, yes, yes!" He could not contain the excitement.

They finally reached a seemingly futuristic room with many monitors and pods. He took a deep breath and waited for instructions.

Lucas received his suit and slipped off his shoes and handed over his items. He popped into his suit and turned to Blaziken, gave him a fistbump. "Let's do this pal, I know I say it a lot, but now it's time! We need to give it all we've got!" he said.

He turned back to the instructors and was ready to go.

Last edited by IrulewithLucas; 12-22-2012 at 12:30 AM.
Old 01-11-2013, 06:05 PM
Popshakes Offline

Nicole "Nikki" Eelayo
Jolteon

Nikki's eyes flickered up to see a strange man with jet-black hair standing before her. Lightning huffed out a somber growl low enough for only the two to hear. Nikki patted her partner to quiet him down as the boy spoke kindly.

“Hey, I’m Crimson.”

Nikki pushed a lock of her platinum hair back and was about to introduce herself as well when the cute intern spoke up about the game being ready.

"I guess we will have to redo introductions later."

Nikki watched the strange man walk away with the others as she also rose to join the group, "Hmmm, what an odd boy. Seems nice though - could be used to our advantage, right boy?" She smirked, crossing her arms as the two began their trek to the games. As the duo entered she watched the presentation the game developers gave and proceded to her dais. She removed her boots, placed them on the side and took each partner Pokemon from her waist - Swifter the Swoobat and Artemis the Flaaffy, "You two stay out of trouble while Lightning and I win that title, okay?" She whispered lightly pecking each ball and handing them to the corresponding person for her dais. She looked up at her picture and information - it didn't have much on her but it had enough which made Nikki sigh in frustration. Her eyes gleamed over to the screen adjacent to her own - her brother's. She quickly scanned her eyes over his details wondering about what he had been up to.

Then she saw why he left - he wanted to take on a foreign Pokemon League, "The... Pokemon League?" She muttered, glaring at those words, "He left... to take on the Pokemon League...?" Nikki let out a huff, forcibly turned her head to the dais and prepared herself for the upcoming GLADIATOR games. She thrust on the different uniform peices feeling as though she'd collapse from the weight of it all, "Ugh... Lightning, you're lucky you don't have to wear this garb..." She grumbled as Lightning snickered to himself.

Damon Eelayo
Manectric

Damon's ego only deepened in a black pit of despair as he watched the newcomer strut right up to his sister like he was top game, "Oh, man, Thunder... That guy is going on my hit list." He blared as quietly as he could as his arms tightened around his chest - his muscles flexing painfully.

Thunder casually rolled his eyes at his obnoxious trainer, 'He can be such a total clutz... why doesn't he just apologize?' He though, laying his head down on his paws with a silent sigh.

Damon's fingers pattered against his bare skin as his right eye twitched in frustration and anger. He couldn't handle the fact another man was talking to his sister. The tension broke as Freddie called the gang to follow him into another room where the preparations for the game were taking place. Damon kept his tight grip on his arms and hurried out to meet up with Freddie, 'I'll see what that little conformation was about later...' He thought with haste, blinding himself from the game at hand. He basically ignored everything the game instructors and President had to say besides the part where he had to strip any carry-on's, extra Pokemon, and shoes.

Damon and Thunder went straight to their dais, pausing only momentarily to take a glance at this Crimson-guy. He watched the boy's gaze advert to the picture of his sister's and felt his heart sink, "I knew it!" He coughed, his throat dry from his stress. The game assistant next to him patted his back and asked if he was alright - Damon nodded in embarrassment and calmly removed his shoes for her. He took out three Pokeballs and looked at each one briefly before handing them to the assistant, "Please take good care of 'em. I don't know what I'd do without 'em." He faintly grinned, rubbing the back of his neck.

Damon began to head for the dais when he was stopped by the same assistant, "Sir, the chain on you jeans and that necklace needs to come off as well." She softly spoke, pointing to each article.

Damon blinked, glanced at his chain and calmly unhooked it, handing the silver-pieced jewelry to the attendant. Hesitantly he reached for the necklace and took it off with reluctance. He twirled the gold-shaped locket between his fingers with a half-smile and slowly handed it to the woman, "Be sure not to lose that necklace... it means a lot to me, okay, ma'am?" He huffed, looking away from the woman as he proceeded to the dais with Thunder. Soon after, Damon found his rack on clothing and silently put the decently-heavy armor on with a grunt after he finished the last piece, "Maaaaan, Thunder... good thing I work out or this would have demolished me!" He laughed, patting his partner on the back.

♥ Jolteon Lover ♥
Old 01-14-2013, 08:05 PM
Saraibre Ryu Offline
Drasconis Deviantus

Jingka Givrali
Rotom

Jingka walked quietly into the room after everyone else, finding her screen with a lovely bust shot of her head and shoulders. Luckily her expression was identical to the one on her face; pleasantly neutral. She paid attention to every detail and every word of the explanation they were given. There was something about it that felt a bit odd to her, but she couldn’t put her finger on it. Right now they were being rushed to put their fingers on the armor and to suit up. She found her spot, and her light, violet and black armor, and began to put it on. Unlike the others she put it on as she removed the items in question, such as her phone, her pager and four other Pokeballs. Jingka put them in a particular order on the tray, with her electronics in the centre of the four Pokeballs. As she did, she seemed to count them by tapping each ones of the sides for whatever number she was on silently, and then once more again in a circle.

“Are you fine Shift?”

Jingka got nothing but silence as she looked at herself. “Very good.”

Her armor was flexible in places and she noticed there was something about the back of it where things shifted around quite a bit in a circle formation. Her guantlets also had a shifting piece on them, and her boots she found quite comfortable; that is after she had finished enjoying walking around in her bare feet. With everything of hers secure, she returned to her dais for a moment, looking it over again. Once she was done observing the new area, she walked over to Freddie, whi was going to explain to them all the rules and regulations. She carried her helmet at her side, as wearing it would cover most of her face. Right now she didn’t want that quite yet, however she did want it in the Battleground.

“This may be a bit difficult for what I’m about to ask of you Freddie Spencer…” Jingka began a bit light heartidly. “But when you tell us about the regulations, would you be able to quote them as word for word as possible to us? Just a request from a technical person who reads the Terms and Agreements one hundred percent of the time.”

Thanks to Jingka’s oddness and mannerisms, no one had questioned who her Pokémon was, at least, not as of yet. The girl liked to keep surprises for everyone, including herself. However with her way of thinking, it was very hard for people to present her with their own surprises.
Old 01-17-2013, 06:46 AM
Charmander009 Offline
WFL Official

Send a message via AIM to Charmander009

(Well, it’s time to move on—Cream Puffs should be able to catch up at this point)

Freddie Spencer
Link: Luxray

The participants were soon geared up and ready to go. They came up to Freddie, declaring their preparedness or asking questions. Many expressed a mixture of emotions, from steel-hard determination to anxiousness to pure cockiness. Kalsow was right about one thing—with this blend of characters, the Game promised to be an interesting one.

Jingka’s question, however, took Freddie a bit back. She wanted him to quote the regulations word for word?

“Er…” he wasn’t quite sure how to respond to that. Honestly, he wasn’t sure if he could quote them word for word. True, he had memorized the rules, but… He was only human. “I’ll try my best?” he finally offered.

Clearing his throat, he moved to answer Crimson’s question. “I’m only going to tell you the basics of your abilities and Armor; you’ll find out soon enough that everyone will have their own unique battle style, dependant on the Pokémon of their choice. Part of the challenge of the Battleground will be to find out the full potential of your abilities—so I won’t be able to tell you everything.

“However, I can tell you all about the special armor you are now wearing. This BattleArmor is your ticket to the Battleground—think of it as the game controller, the bridge between you and the games. As I mentioned before, your BattleArmor will synchronize with your Pokémon, transforming and enabling you to use your Pokémon’s powers. One of these powers that is universal to all of you is the power of defense. Think about this—Pokémon are often bombarded with powerful attacks like Hyper Beam or Blast Burn, but typically the worst that happens to them is fainting. They are able to withstand incredible forces that would normally destroy a human.

“This is the key feature that GLADIATOR taps into—your Pokémon’s energy protects you from harm. You will now be able to fight one another just as Pokémon fight each other, without fear for lasting injury or fatality. You’ll be able to take a Thunderbolt, endure a Flamethrower, and escape an Earthquake with this BattleArmor on you. However!” Freddie paused, holding up a finger in emphasis. “I need to make one thing very, very clear: pain is a very real entity on the Battleground. While you won’t be seriously injured, you will hurt. A punch is still a punch, and so you will need to be very, very careful.”

Freddie let that simmer for a quiet moment. He warily glanced between the contestants, wondering if any were intimidated by this thought. However, he hoped that it wouldn’t discourage them—though it had its threats, GLADIATOR was the most exciting thing he had ever done… And he couldn’t wait to share it with these people.

“Now, for a quick run-down on what to expect in the games,” Freddie continued with more cheer. “It will be pretty basic, at first—the world of GLADIATOR is regulated by an artificial intelligence known as the GAME MASTER, and it is in charge of creating unique challenges and environments suited to the player’s preferences. Every level will be unique; every game experience will be different from the last. The Battleground is constantly evolving under the GAME MASTER’s vigilant computations.

“For this run, there will be seven levels. At each level, the GAME MASTER will present you with an objective, and you must use your abilities to complete that objective. Sometimes you will be fighting computer enemies, sometimes you will be facing each other. Sounds simple enough, but here’s the kicker—if you fail to complete the objectives, the GAME MASTER will kick you out. If you break the rules the GAME MASTER has set for the level it can either kick you out or give you a punishment, which could be anything from a status affliction or disqualification. Remember, each objective is catered to your wants and abilities. The rules the GAME MASTER can set are only meant to challenge you further.

“Now, for the overall rules and regulations,” Freddie gave Jingka a side glance. “They are few in number, but they exist for the safety of you and your fellow players. First off, Mirage Pokémon and so-called Legendary Pokémon are not allowed on the Battleground—not because of the unfair advantage they would give, however. They are just incompatible with the gaming system, for reasons we have yet to investigate. Second, you are only allowed in areas designated by the GAME MASTER. If you stray outside the territory provided, you will be subject to immediate removal. Lastly, you are not to remove your or another player’s BattleArmor under any circumstances. As I said, the Armor is you bridge to the Battleground and reality—if it gets lost, it will be difficult to return back to reality.”

“I think that does it for now—are there any questions? Concerns?” Freddie looked about the group expectantly. “Also, given the risks that lay ahead… If there’s anyone who feels uncomfortable with continuing, you do not have to go on; you can leave now with no shame, no questions ask. The SUMMIT Software company understands and is willing to work with any misgivings you might have.”

Freddie waited for their response.

_______

(So we're clear on one thing, I do not consider Rotom a Legendary or Mirage--I'll think we'll find that Rotom works exceptionally well in this circumstance ;) Also... forgive me for my long speeches xD I'm trying to cut this up so you're not bombarded with too much at one time...)

Old 01-17-2013, 09:20 AM
Cobalt Shadow Offline

Send a message via MSN to Cobalt Shadow Send a message via Skype™ to Cobalt Shadow

Crimson
Typhlosion

"I have felt a lot of pain in my life. I think I should be able to tolerate this." I said to Freddie. I looked around at the group. What struck me as odd was the guy giving me evil glares. He wore heavy armour, but looked strong enough to be able to handle it. Had I done something wrong?
"If I have done nothing, and he has no reason, then the best way to get to him is be friendly..." I thought to myself laughing. While Freddie waited for the rest to respond, I went over to him and put out my hand to shake.
"Hey, I'm Crimson." I said with a smile. If I was wrong and he wasn't glaring at me, then I might make an ally. If he was, and for a stupid reason, this should drive him up the wall...

Jacob
Gallade

I almost had doubts when Freddie said the pain will be real. Then I remembered why I was here. I was here to prove them wrong. Everyone who said Gallade and I were weak.

"I went through a lot to get here. There is no way I am leaving because of a bit of pain." I said, with as much confidence as I could find.

I was ready, and so was Gallade. We were going to do our best, and prove that we are the strongest...

Dragotech, Eternal Moonlight and I are the PE2k Wolf Pack! Fear Fredward the Sparklepire, Bidoof the Soulless and Slenderfairy!
Banner Made by Me
Old 01-18-2013, 02:10 AM
Dragotech Offline

Name: Joseph Swift
Link: Krookodile

"Well, as unpleasant as pain is, I can handle it, and besides, you did say the armor works kinda like our Pokemons' natural defensive capabilities. This outta be an interesting experience." He shrugged. Alex looked up and thought to herself, "Wait, does that mean I get hit?!" She tilted her head slightly. She was wondering if she was gonna like this game. Joseph was ready to begin. "Let's go!"

Name: Gerald Benson
Link: Ariados

He noted the man with the Krookodile. "Let's go!" This man said. Gerald thought to himself, "Idiot."
"So any pain we inflict in battle is really felt... Excellent. Let's go." He sounded less excited and more as if he was mocking the man with the Krookodile.
Scorn was prepared as well.
Old 01-20-2013, 10:08 PM
Sieses Offline

Send a message via AIM to Sieses

Kyle Denmark
Link: Cryogonal

Before entering the game Freddie is asked to quote the regulations word for word. Normally such a delay would annoy you, but you find yourself giggling at how unprepared Freddie is. Also, you figure it’ll be good to know as much as possible about to game before playing it, but you find the first reason to be better.

The part about you still feeling pain is unnerving, but since Freddie used a punch as an example it has less impact than one would expect; you actually smirk. You’ve been in a lot of fights before, and being punched isn’t really something you’re intimidated by.

The part about the GAME MASTER, on the other hand, has you silently overjoyed that they put an AI in charge of the game; this is how it is in some of your favorite shows and movies! Beings like the MCP and Morganna have set a precedent of AIs going evil, and you really want to see if a real AI given that much power will react accordingly. A part of you says that it will, at least if it has a relatively human-like mind.

Then Freddie drops the bombshell that without the armor you’ll have a hard time getting out of the game. You are spontaneously terrified because this could become .hack// in real life, and find this awesome because it could become .hack// in real life. You easily decide that the possibility of living .hack// in real life is too awesome to pass up. You know you’re a weird girl; you’re proud of it.

You do find yourself a bit perturbed that a bunch of the others don’t seem to have picked up on this. Still, you don’t feel like getting into another conversation, even though you know you should. You turn to Freddie and put on a weak smile. “I’m...I’m all set.

Signature made by Charmander009!
Old 01-28-2013, 02:58 AM
Latio-Nytro Offline

Hector Psiana
Link: Eif the Espeon

Lopez Nulius. Brianna Chell, and her twin sister Carly. And of course, Hector Psiana. The four-man squadron from the last original GLADIATOR tournament, who won fame across Unova for their epic battle against hyperION, and spawned two memes. The fact that the finale against Joukio was cut short due to the Plasma Crisis reaching its first finale and there being no rescheduled rematch due to a loss of heart by their opposition was of no concern: the DaTaFoX elites, as they were called, won. They lead in points when they were forced to stop playing, they were willing when Joukio was not, they were just cooler, the reasons were many. But afterwards, Hector Psiana saw no reason to be able to re-live his GLADIATOR glory days in the near future. The Plasma Crisis, despite their extremities, had a point that touched too many hearts to not change the way the world looked at everything, and GLADIATOR was among the many once-popular things that started to lose popularity because of it. Even when the Plasma Crisis was over and people's relationships with Pokemon weren't questioned, GLADIATOR still seemed as dead of a franchise as any.

Then SUMMIT came back. Then GLADIATOR came back. Hector was excited, to say the least. DaTaFoX's members surged like mad, even including several members of their old rivals, hyperION.

Then SUMMIT announced a contest to see who would get to play the game first in front of a worldwide audience that would most likely want to be whoever was playing. Fans worldwide, even those that had to move to Unova to play the game and were now back in their home country, were sending videos. DaTaFoX urged their Elites to send one. They did, and they chose their best matches to send, including their legendary Semifinal. Others would also send their videos, what other way to ensure DaTaFoX fame than make sure one of their Elites won and got first access? Hector's believed odds were slimmer than they actually were, but even with that criticism he genuinely hoped he had little reason to assume he'd be successful.

Then the package came. Then he realized that he and his fellows won. They could only send one person, who the Elites decided would be the best of them. Hector was chosen. Hector was very excited now, and you could honestly realize he was excited too. He set his alarm clock early, prepared to play the next GLADIATOR.

His Alarm Clock busted.

Hours later, he was panting, forced to run like hell to get into Nimbasa City, his second time there. The first time, he took a Car over Driftveil's drawbridge, but now he knew why it was the second-Longest Bridge in Unova first-hand, as his legs would demonstrate. His lower body protested against their continued use. He was panting. Heavily. He was in Nimbasa City, near GLADIATOR HQ. Nimbasa City was still the same the last time he came here with his Mother; The city of Glitz and Glamour, the city of the famous and the fortunate. The Electric-Type gym of Unova resided here (Hector resolved that would be his OTHER destination once he was done with GLADIATOR), and so did a huge amusement park and what was considered the Capital of Coordination, in essence. The Unovan (and sometimes worldwide) Grand Festival itself was hosted here on several occasions, Hector knew from his coordinator Mother. But today, GLADIATOR.

But first things first. Hector's obstacles this time included a crowd of people. Some cheering on, eager to watch a giant TV screen for the first instant of footage of GLADIATOR's game. Others angry protesters chastising the game. He wasn't sure how many were here, but this was the largest gathering of people he ever saw. There was also an immense amount of damage done to the area: A sandstorm apparently hit. He heard the crowd mumble about several attacks: Fire Spin, Pin Missle, Torment, and a few unidentified attacks from a Gyarados and an Arcanine. The lights were also busted. He swore, for an instant, that the little time he had left was going to be spent navigating the crowd and avoiding the protesters. At least they wouldn't immediately recognize him.

Hector, however, had a knack of slipping through crowds unnoticed. He planned a route through and started following, Eif held in his arms in case things went horribly horribly wrong.

<"Right at home, aren't we Hector?"> Eif telepathed. You see, Eif, an Espeon, could speak WITH ITS MIND. Hector adored the very concept of Telepathy, and indeed, would become a Psychic-Type specialist (even a Psychic himself, if he had the gift) just so he could hear Pokemon communicate with him WITH THEIR MINDS. He was delighted to see Eif evolve into an Espeon just because he no longer needed his then-Kirlia, Devoi, to allow Eif to speak WITH ITS MIND.

<"Yep, right at home in the middle of the crowd containing people that will come out and attack. Yep."> Hector thought back to respond. He himself wasn't telepathic. Not yet, at least. And indeed, he had to go through many crowds of people before, several of said people out of the many having ill intents for poor Hector. Fortunately, he wasn't expecting such a devout hater that they'd point out Hector as a member of DaTaFoX, and henceforth a huge GLADIATOR fan...He trailed to where the GLADIATOR fans were thicker, though, to prevent any sudden Protester Sign-to-head attacks. Despite the seriously slow movement he had to endure as a result, he was confident that he would make it in time.

*ATTENTION, GLADIATORS! THE FIRST GAME OF GLADIATOR 2012 IS GOING TO OCCUR AND BE BROADCASTED WORLDWIDE IN APPROXIMATELY FIVE MINUTES!!* Yelled out the board. That wasn't much time, and the crowd was huge.

<"Oh crud."> Eif telepathed. Not without justification. Hector immediately bolted in the Direction of SUMMIT HQ, abandoning the whole plan of not attracting attention in favor of saving time. He really didn't have too much time to waste. They weren't going to wait for him...The crowd, fans and protestors alike, well, protested against his sudden and strong movement, and some of them started to realize he was a contestant. He had to dodge a Tomato or two, but that was easy moving as fast as he was and having so many more bodies to catch the tomato instead. His face was a blank in terms of emotion, save for a few lines furrowed in his forhead: he was extremely late. He wouldn't be, simply put, if he could help it.

He started to do a full-out sprint, or at least as best as he could with Eif in his arms, attempting to not barrel over fellow fans but managing to do so anyways on a few occasions. However, the crowd kept stiffening and stiffening. Eventually, he had to stop due to a literal wall of people between him and the SUMMIT HQ, thicker than metal. The SUMMIT bodyguards would recognize him and let him through, and he just had to get to them, close enough would work: They were burly types. Nobody would cross them wrong. This required some sensible thinking. That, or Eif moving the crowd WITH ITS MIND. People really didn't like being picked up by Psychics, dangling in midair with no support but an invisible power they couldn't feel acting upon them whatsoever.

Hector thought it through for a second or so: Perhaps a Crowd surf would get him over?

"Psst." Hector went, right in someone's ear. The person turned and looked at him, curious.

"What is it?" He asked. Getting him to turn around was the easy part.

"Can you get me up for a Crowd Surf?" Hector asked.

"Pfft! I've got-"

Today, Eif was impatient, and rightfully so. As the person was turning away, his whole body was lifted off the ground by an inch and spun back towards Hector, rigid; Eif's actions. <"Listen, bub, it's either you lift him up to get on a crowd surf willingly, or I force you to kneel down and turn your back into his Stepping stool, and I don't do gentle. Got it?>

He nodded, probably out of sheer horror of suddenly having his private thoughts invaded by what was to that man in that instant something straight out of H.P. Lovecraft's works. Eif's hovering was done with that instant. The fan got Hector up onto his shoulders, somewhat terrified of the prospect of Eif breaking his back, then pronounced a crowd surf. the Rest of the crowd was easier than that dude to persuade, just hyped too much to care for what they were carrying, and Hector wound up in front of the guards. He flashed the proverbial Golden Ticket-which was in this case an actual ticket with SUMMIT's logo-and he got in, just in time for another message.

*ATTENTION, GLADIATORS!THE FIRST GAME OF GLADIATOR 2012 IS GOING TO OCCUR AND BE BROADCASTED WORLDWIDE IN APPROXIMATELY TWO MINUTES!!*

Hector ran inside, Eif still in his arms. Arcade, halls, more halls, even more halls, a lobby of sorts, even more halls, and finally-

Hector put on the emergency breaks as he nearly rammed into something-a kind of pod of sorts...Oh my. My oooh my...He ran right in...Right when everyone was getting prepared, armor-on and all that...Oh, oh my...

<"Well, we came in just in time, personally... A little too close, though..."> Eif telepathed to Hector, summing up the situation. He got looked at. That was definitely not the best entrance he ever made, but at least he didn't slam himself upon the pod.

...He again flashed his Summit-covered invite, before an intern sighed, handing him some papers. As calmly as possible, still lightly blushing from suddenly bursting in like a bullet. He calmly handed the papers back upon being finished.

He realized without much need of being nudged in the right direction that he should stand near where his stotic face and details were being shown on a screen. Said details, upon closer inspection, included his status as a member of DaTaFoX, most of his past (including the incident where he nearly strangled Nicholas), and any data relating to the original GLADIATOR in any way, and from what he could read, it made a particular note of his Semifinal match against hyperION (one of the few things he boasted of). However, that alone wasn't enough. He had to ask the other question to the next nearest person-coincidentally, a guy named Freddie Spencer.

"...Sorry about the lateness...Ugh...I'll...Need a walk-through of what's going on...Sorry...Do you know?" He asked, trying to be somewhat considerate. His words came out with little variation from a dull monotone, but the little emotion injected into it was a definitely sorry tone. He didn't intend to be THIS late...He made it, though. He accomplished that, at least.

Houndour@4051: Hatch@4066, Houndoom@4123, Level100@4351.

The Nonexistant White Nuzlocke! BEHOLD IT AND DESPAIR!

FEAR THE MOODY BIDOOF!!!
Old 06-15-2013, 09:10 PM
IrulewithLucas Offline

Why did this have to die? It had so much potential...