Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Pokemon Main Boards » Pokemon: Interactive Center » Competitive Battling

Competitive Battling This board is for competitive battling discussion. Get team help or learn to play competitively.

Old 01-23-2013, 01:19 PM
Master Aqua Offline

Send a message via AIM to Master Aqua Send a message via MSN to Master Aqua
Default Re: New Trainers Association - Open

Quote:
Originally Posted by JVillzz View Post
Thanks! I just have a question. Celebi is my main counter for bulky water types such as jellicent. Will I be ok without celebi?
An intresting point because even tangrowth is no match for rain sweepers such ass rotom-w, kingdra can potentially set up on rotom thanks to sub and 4x resistance to hydro pump and nothing will like taking a hit from the frail but powerful thunderous. At least tangrowrth would give the team more physical bulk and a way to deal with terrakion and jellificent.

i suggest trial and error

test out the following in the place of celebi

nidoqueen
tangrowth

and see how it turns out.
Old 01-23-2013, 02:20 PM
Judge Dredd Offline
Master of Shadows

Quote:
Originally Posted by Master Aqua View Post
An intresting point because even tangrowth is no match for rain sweepers such ass rotom-w, kingdra can potentially set up on rotom thanks to sub and 4x resistance to hydro pump and nothing will like taking a hit from the frail but powerful thunderous. At least tangrowrth would give the team more physical bulk and a way to deal with terrakion and jellificent.

i suggest trial and error

test out the following in the place of celebi

nidoqueen
tangrowth

and see how it turns out.
I really like Tangrowth, JVillzz I would think that would be first on the list of pokemon you check. Its really important that you test it out though. If you like Celebii see how it fairs and then throw in Tangrowth and see how it does. I know Celebii has a movepool, but I have battled the annoying Tangrowth in the past..lol

Dragonair: 33054
Dragonite: 33129
Level100: 33264

GCEA Link Page Pokemon Evolution List

Old 01-24-2013, 05:46 AM
Rbedsole Offline

[/QUOTE]Welcome to the group! Competitive battling is really about testing what works. To start you should name 6 pokemon you really like[/QUOTE]

The pokemon I picked are Typhlosion, Ampharos, Machamp, Golem, Pidgeot and Hypno
Old 01-24-2013, 07:08 PM
JVillzz Offline

Quote:
Originally Posted by Judge Dredd View Post
I really like Tangrowth, JVillzz I would think that would be first on the list of pokemon you check. Its really important that you test it out though. If you like Celebii see how it fairs and then throw in Tangrowth and see how it does. I know Celebii has a movepool, but I have battled the annoying Tangrowth in the past..lol
Thanks for the input guys! Sorry I've been pretty busy with school and stuff, but I have been playing here and there and Celebi is beast! I'm going to try tangrowth though and see if I like it better. I have run into a few problems tho. Especially CM Cresselia. Any suggestions?
Old 01-24-2013, 07:23 PM
Judge Dredd Offline
Master of Shadows

Welcome to the group! Competitive battling is really about testing what works. To start you should name 6 pokemon you really like[/QUOTE]

The pokemon I picked are Typhlosion, Ampharos, Machamp, Golem, Pidgeot and Hypno[/QUOTE]
Please fill out the sign up info

Quote:
Thanks for the input guys! Sorry I've been pretty busy with school and stuff, but I have been playing here and there and Celebi is beast! I'm going to try tangrowth though and see if I like it better. I have run into a few problems tho. Especially CM Cresselia. Any suggestions?

Hahaha if you want suggestions for a good Cress you should talk to this guy.

Old 01-24-2013, 07:26 PM
JVillzz Offline

Quote:
Welcome to the group! Competitive battling is really about testing what works. To start you should name 6 pokemon you really like

The pokemon I picked are Typhlosion, Ampharos, Machamp, Golem, Pidgeot and Hypno[/QUOTE]

Hahaha if you want suggestions for a good Cress you should talk to this guy.[/QUOTE]

I don't necessarily need a Cress. I need an answer for Cress haha
Old 01-24-2013, 07:47 PM
Judge Dredd Offline
Master of Shadows

Quote:
The pokemon I picked are Typhlosion, Ampharos, Machamp, Golem, Pidgeot and Hypno

Hahaha if you want suggestions for a good Cress you should talk to this guy.[/QUOTE]

I don't necessarily need a Cress. I need an answer for Cress haha[/QUOTE]

He is an Cressa expert, he should be a lot of help.

Old 01-24-2013, 09:47 PM
Master Aqua Offline

Quote:

Hahaha if you want suggestions for a good Cress you should talk to this guy.
I don't necessarily need a Cress. I need an answer for Cress haha[/QUOTE]

He is an Cressa expert, he should be a lot of help.[/QUOTE]

the ebst answer to cress is tyranitar, if you want it extra dead, extra useless, scizor is good too, deoyxs D is like cress but much more common and much more threatening, i'd keep an eye out for this would be uber as he is the bulkiest pokemon in the ou tier while being the best user of hazards.
Old 01-26-2013, 01:49 AM
JVillzz Offline

Quote:
Originally Posted by Master Aqua View Post
I don't necessarily need a Cress. I need an answer for Cress haha

He is an Cressa expert, he should be a lot of help.[/QUOTE]

the ebst answer to cress is tyranitar, if you want it extra dead, extra useless, scizor is good too, deoyxs D is like cress but much more common and much more threatening, i'd keep an eye out for this would be uber as he is the bulkiest pokemon in the ou tier while being the best user of hazards.[/QUOTE]

thank you for the input and help. I'm testing out tangrowth right now. Hasn't really hindered anything, but hasn't done anything beastly yet. But i'm going to keep trying to see what i can do with it.
Old 01-26-2013, 06:44 AM
Judge Dredd Offline
Master of Shadows

Quote:
He is an Cressa expert, he should be a lot of help.
the ebst answer to cress is tyranitar, if you want it extra dead, extra useless, scizor is good too, deoyxs D is like cress but much more common and much more threatening, i'd keep an eye out for this would be uber as he is the bulkiest pokemon in the ou tier while being the best user of hazards.[/QUOTE]

thank you for the input and help. I'm testing out tangrowth right now. Hasn't really hindered anything, but hasn't done anything beastly yet. But i'm going to keep trying to see what i can do with it.[/QUOTE]

Tangrowth will never be beastly ...lol, but it can be a good assist.

Old 01-26-2013, 10:43 AM
Master Aqua Offline

Quote:
the ebst answer to cress is tyranitar, if you want it extra dead, extra useless, scizor is good too, deoyxs D is like cress but much more common and much more threatening, i'd keep an eye out for this would be uber as he is the bulkiest pokemon in the ou tier while being the best user of hazards.
thank you for the input and help. I'm testing out tangrowth right now. Hasn't really hindered anything, but hasn't done anything beastly yet. But i'm going to keep trying to see what i can do with it.[/QUOTE]

Tangrowth will never be beastly ...lol, but it can be a good assist.[/QUOTE]

he is really annoying however as he dose have huge physical bulk, with sleep powder elech seed and regenerator.