Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Pokemon Main Boards » Pokemon: Interactive Center » Competitive Battling

Competitive Battling This board is for competitive battling discussion. Get team help or learn to play competitively.

Old 01-20-2013, 01:09 AM
Master Aqua Offline

Send a message via AIM to Master Aqua Send a message via MSN to Master Aqua
Default Re: New Trainers Association - Open

Quote:
Originally Posted by acrilycz View Post
ah well i kinda threw arcanine in there for the lolz but on pokemon showdown alakazam and scizor have worked well with me like as said above. i'm honestly not sure what else to throw on the team though
a few mons for your list

Tyranitar
stoutland
sandslash
rotom-w
jirachi
keldeo
landerous
terrakion
garchomp
Old 01-21-2013, 05:42 AM
JVillzz Offline

Name: John
Timezone and time I'm free: Eastern(US) and All weekend pretty much and also during the weekdays I am usually free from 9-11 Eastern time
Tier I wish to learn : 5th Gen OU
Experince Level (have battled before) : I used to battle competitively about 3 years ago in 4th Gen OU. I haven't played pokemon competitively for about the whole 3 years and the metagame has changed so much and I just need someone to teach me the new metagame. I need to know the basic sets for threats, pokemon that work well together, and really just someone to mentor me in 5th Gen OU because I want to start battling competitively again.
About Me: I am Filipino and I play basketball and tennis. I have been a pokemon fan ever since I was little and will continue to be one. I can't wait for Pokemon X and Y! I spend most of my time either hanging out with my friends, playing sports, or playing Xbox. I mostly play sports games such as Madden, FIFA, and NBA 2k. I also play some Call of Duty.
Wifi/PO: FC: 1808 1310 3319. I don't have PO, but my Showdown is xJVillzz
Old 01-21-2013, 06:01 AM
Judge Dredd Offline
Master of Shadows

Quote:
Originally Posted by JVillzz View Post
Name: John
Timezone and time I'm free: Eastern(US) and All weekend pretty much and also during the weekdays I am usually free from 9-11 Eastern time
Tier I wish to learn : 5th Gen OU
Experince Level (have battled before) : I used to battle competitively about 3 years ago in 4th Gen OU. I haven't played pokemon competitively for about the whole 3 years and the metagame has changed so much and I just need someone to teach me the new metagame. I need to know the basic sets for threats, pokemon that work well together, and really just someone to mentor me in 5th Gen OU because I want to start battling competitively again.
About Me: I am Filipino and I play basketball and tennis. I have been a pokemon fan ever since I was little and will continue to be one. I can't wait for Pokemon X and Y! I spend most of my time either hanging out with my friends, playing sports, or playing Xbox. I mostly play sports games such as Madden, FIFA, and NBA 2k. I also play some Call of Duty.
Wifi/PO: FC: 1808 1310 3319. I don't have PO, but my Showdown is xJVillzz

Welcome ! having previous experience will really help out with getting started again. The first thing we like to do is have people pick pokemon they like to use. What are some of the pokemon you use to use on your teams?

Dragonair: 33054
Dragonite: 33129
Level100: 33264

GCEA Link Page Pokemon Evolution List

Old 01-21-2013, 05:14 PM
JVillzz Offline

Quote:
Originally Posted by Judge Dredd View Post
Welcome ! having previous experience will really help out with getting started again. The first thing we like to do is have people pick pokemon they like to use. What are some of the pokemon you use to use on your teams?
I used to use suicune on almost all of my teams and i also used to use heatran, jirachi, gliscor, gyrados. I checked and these pokemon are still very relevant in the OU game today, however I don't know any of the new pokemon and which ones work well with each other.
Old 01-21-2013, 05:55 PM
Judge Dredd Offline
Master of Shadows

Quote:
I used to use suicune on almost all of my teams and i also used to use heatran, jirachi, gliscor, gyrados. I checked and these pokemon are still very relevant in the OU game today, however I don't know any of the new pokemon and which ones work well with each other.
well the good thing is, most of those pokemon can still be used! Im going to work on a couple of good team ups

Old 01-21-2013, 07:41 PM
JVillzz Offline

Quote:
well the good thing is, most of those pokemon can still be used! Im going to work on a couple of good team ups
Thank you so much! I've been trying to play around on Showdown just to see the sets of different pokemon and get used to the new metagame.
Old 01-21-2013, 08:02 PM
Judge Dredd Offline
Master of Shadows

Quote:
Thank you so much! I've been trying to play around on Showdown just to see the sets of different pokemon and get used to the new metagame.
For Gyarados it looks like Rotom W would pair well with it. Rotom W will help get rid of skarmory.

For Alakazam, Deoxys-D and Skarmory could be a good choice. Also Magnezone to trap the Steel pokemon.

Old 01-21-2013, 08:07 PM
JVillzz Offline

Quote:
For Gyarados it looks like Rotom W would pair well with it. Rotom W will help get rid of skarmory.

For Alakazam, Deoxys-D and Skarmory could be a good choice. Also Magnezone to trap the Steel pokemon.
Thanks! I think I'm gonna try starting a team.
Old 01-21-2013, 08:29 PM
Judge Dredd Offline
Master of Shadows

Quote:
Thanks! I think I'm gonna try starting a team.
awesome, those were just two. I can tell you some of the big 5th gen pokes if you tell me what your looking for. As in def, sp de, atk and sp atk.

Old 01-22-2013, 12:36 AM
Master Aqua Offline

Alakzam like thing's that really punch hole ya know? I mean despite all that attack he is technically weaker than latios and keldeo because they have these base 140 and 120 moves they like to spam about. Alakazam is a cleaner, he coems in and cleans up the mess another pokemon makes, he is fast, real fast, secodn only to jolteon in the ou tier. Thsi means thing's like keldeo, terrkion, latios, kyurem-b, are all subject to being outsped and killed by alakzam and int he case of the latter 2 they need to be weakened first.

So for alakzam we need a real bruiser, soemthing that just comes in and ou leaving a huge mess behind and for that reason i feel i must mention a few pokemon.

come out our new ou star kyurem b

stats of the gods this guy has, but his unfortunate typing leaves him open to priority and fierce threats such as keldeo and terrkion both laugh at him, but here is the thing nothing can switch into him with out serious injury an dbehind a sub he cna sue his huge bulk to kill then mane anything that comes in. Seriously this guy hits like an a bom and even harder than deoyxs d if your using outrage. With alakzam you have a train wreck and a demolition crew, kyurem coems in and causes a disater and alakzam comes in to clean it up.

The only issue si they share a lot of problems such as scizor, tyranitar, breloom so they need a bit of helping hand, focus sash helps alakazam hereas it gives him a chance to ko a counter for kyurem he may not be able to with life orb such as breloom and scizor.

This si hyper offensive in a way, just hreading the opponents tam to pieces and then clenaing up the mess and any dragon can help alakzam do it but some are better than others and keldeo, terrkion, magenzone and heatran all aid to this cause.
Old 01-23-2013, 01:13 AM
JVillzz Offline

Hey guys, so I've been working on a team and I've been having decent success with it on Showdown. I took my favorite two pokemon from Gen 5 Thundurus-T and Hydreigon. They both look awesome! I was just wondering if you guys could see if there are any HUGE weaknesses and what the fix would/should be. Thanks!

Kingdra @ Leftovers
Trait: Swift Swim
EVs: 40 HP / 224 Atk / 16 Def / 228 Spd
Adamant Nature
- Waterfall
- Outrage
- Substitute
- Dragon Dance

Heatran @ Air Balloon
Trait: Flash Fire
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Timid Nature
- Fire Blast
- Earth Power
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Stealth Rock

Celebi @ Leftovers
Trait: Natural Cure
EVs: 224 HP / 252 SAtk / 32 Spd
Modest Nature
- Giga Drain
- Psychic
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Recover

Thundurus-Therian (M) @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Volt Absorb
Timid Nature
- Volt Switch
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Focus Blast

Scizor @ Choice Band
Trait: Technician
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 Spd
Adamant Nature
- Bullet Punch
- U-turn
- Superpower
- Pursuit

Hydreigon @ Life Orb
Trait: Levitate
Rash Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Fire Blast
- Earthquake
- Roost
Old 01-23-2013, 02:10 AM
Master Aqua Offline

Quote:
Hey guys, so I've been working on a team and I've been having decent success with it on Showdown. I took my favorite two pokemon from Gen 5 Thundurus-T and Hydreigon. They both look awesome! I was just wondering if you guys could see if there are any HUGE weaknesses and what the fix would/should be. Thanks!

Kingdra @ Leftovers
Trait: Swift Swim
EVs: 40 HP / 224 Atk / 16 Def / 228 Spd
Adamant Nature
- Waterfall
- Outrage
- Substitute
- Dragon Dance

Heatran @ Air Balloon
Trait: Flash Fire
Timid Nature
- Fire Blast
- Earth Power
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Stealth Rock

Celebi @ Leftovers
Trait: Natural Cure
EVs: 224 HP / 252 SAtk / 32 Spd
Modest Nature
- Giga Drain
- Psychic
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Recover

Thundurus-Therian (M) @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Volt Absorb
Timid Nature
- Volt Switch
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Focus Blast

Scizor @ Choice Band
Trait: Technician
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 Spd
Adamant Nature
- Bullet Punch
- U-turn
- Superpower
- Pursuit

Hydreigon @ Life Orb
Trait: Levitate
Rash Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Fire Blast
- Earthquake
- Roost
Scarf terrakion stands out or even terrakion in general as only scizor can take its stab moves or a coverage move and not very well, would you like me to look into solving this issue?
Old 01-23-2013, 02:14 AM
Judge Dredd Offline
Master of Shadows

Quote:
Originally Posted by Master Aqua View Post
Scarf terrakion stands out or even terrakion in general as only scizor can take its stab moves or a coverage move and not very well, would you like me to look into solving this issue?
Suggestions would be great Aqua.

Old 01-23-2013, 02:22 AM
Master Aqua Offline

Well most terrakion counters are in the lower tiers and since he can potentially mane the team if scizor is gone and who has no business switching in. I would recommend in place of celebi one of nidoqueen golurk or tangrowrth
Old 01-23-2013, 03:07 AM
JVillzz Offline

Quote:
Originally Posted by Master Aqua View Post
Well most terrakion counters are in the lower tiers and since he can potentially mane the team if scizor is gone and who has no business switching in. I would recommend in place of celebi one of nidoqueen golurk or tangrowrth
Thanks! I just have a question. Celebi is my main counter for bulky water types such as jellicent. Will I be ok without celebi?