Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Pokemon Main Boards » Pokemon: X and Y

Pokemon: X and Y Discuss the upcoming games Pokemon X and Pokemon Y here. Be sure to label posts with spoilers and use spoiler tags when necessary.

Old 01-15-2013, 07:33 PM
Judge Dredd Offline
Master of Shadows

Default Another great migration ???

One of the biggest problems Ive had with pokemon games is the time that I spend tracking down all the pokemon and trading them from all the different games. With X and Y on its way I wonder how they are going to handle 600 + pokemon having to be traded to complete the pokedex ..

Dragonair: 33054
Dragonite: 33129
Level100: 33264

GCEA Link Page Pokemon Evolution List

Old 01-15-2013, 08:29 PM
goldwynaut Offline

Default Re: Another great migration ???

The 3DS is capable of communicating with the DS, the problem is that the games themselves aren't, maybe we'll have to fix the game in the same way as FR/LG and /R/S/E again. After all, it should be possible.
Old 01-15-2013, 08:31 PM
Judge Dredd Offline
Master of Shadows

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldwynaut View Post
The 3DS is capable of communicating with the DS, the problem is that the games themselves aren't, maybe we'll have to fix the game in the same way as FR/LG and /R/S/E again. After all, it should be possible.
do you mean cutting off the old games and switching over to the new format ?

Old 01-15-2013, 08:42 PM
goldwynaut Offline

No, you know, the infamous "fix" done by connecting a copy of the games i mentioned with a link cable.
Old 01-15-2013, 08:44 PM
Master Aqua Offline

Send a message via AIM to Master Aqua Send a message via MSN to Master Aqua

maybe it will be like poke box and you can transport in bulk.
Old 01-15-2013, 08:57 PM
Judge Dredd Offline
Master of Shadows

Quote:
Originally Posted by Master Aqua View Post
maybe it will be like poke box and you can transport in bulk.
I hope that its whole boxes..

Old 01-15-2013, 10:23 PM
Master Aqua Offline

Quote:
Originally Posted by Judge Dredd View Post
I hope that its whole boxes..
hopefully yes we are in dire need of such a system for a while now
Old 01-16-2013, 06:16 AM
Judgmental Arceus Offline

Send a message via Yahoo to Judgmental Arceus Send a message via Skype™ to Judgmental Arceus

I'm surprised there is yet to be an internet-based storage method, like a cloud. That would make many trainer's lives easier by just storing Pokémon to be transfered from one game on the cloud, then switching to another game and claiming the stored Pokémon.
Old 01-16-2013, 07:03 AM
Master Aqua Offline

Quote:
Originally Posted by Judgmental Arceus View Post
I'm surprised there is yet to be an internet-based storage method, like a cloud. That would make many trainer's lives easier by just storing Pokémon to be transfered from one game on the cloud, then switching to another game and claiming the stored Pokémon.
so true and i am sure people would pay for it but with the advancement in technology I see no reason for them not invent another poke box like system for transferring pokekon
Old 01-16-2013, 02:54 PM
Typhlosion Explosion Offline
~Blast Burn

Send a message via AIM to Typhlosion Explosion Send a message via Skype™ to Typhlosion Explosion

I highly highly HIGHLY doubt a bulk trade/migration. I wish they would though. Migrating and trading 100+ Pokemon i want to keep so I can start a new game is tiring and often not worth it. :(

700+ Pokemon would be more of a challenge to complete, and I'm up to it. >:D I'm actually really excited to see Pokemon #666. I hope it'll be a demon-like creature to scare every religious person and make a huge deal out of it. I wanna see those arguments. xD

I think if they were going to do bulk trades, they would've already though. Unless they incorporate something new. I really hope they do though!
Old 01-16-2013, 04:03 PM
Master Aqua Offline

Quote:
Originally Posted by Typhlosion Explosion View Post
I highly highly HIGHLY doubt a bulk trade/migration. I wish they would though. Migrating and trading 100+ Pokemon i want to keep so I can start a new game is tiring and often not worth it. :(

700+ Pokemon would be more of a challenge to complete, and I'm up to it. >:D I'm actually really excited to see Pokemon #666. I hope it'll be a demon-like creature to scare every religious person and make a huge deal out of it. I wanna see those arguments. xD

I think if they were going to do bulk trades, they would've already though. Unless they incorporate something new. I really hope they do though!
I thought ti was me that played the pessimist, pecides each gen they have made it easier to transfer and each gen they know people are furious there is no bulky transfer yet. The demand is there it dose not even have to be a fetaure of the game it might be another add on like the pokedeox or other thing.
Old 01-16-2013, 04:25 PM
Judge Dredd Offline
Master of Shadows

Quote:

Bulk trade is the only logical way to trade that many pokemon. Each game the trading system is getting better and better. What black and white 2 failed do with mass trades the next gen will surely pick up. Once they solve trading multiple pokemon at a time, whole boxes wont be a problem.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Master Aqua View Post
I thought ti was me that played the pessimist, pecides each gen they have made it easier to transfer and each gen they know people are furious there is no bulky transfer yet. The demand is there it dose not even have to be a fetaure of the game it might be another add on like the pokedeox or other thing.
An app that can support that kinda feature would really be the best way to solve that problem.

Old 01-16-2013, 05:51 PM
Master Aqua Offline

Quote:
Originally Posted by Judge Dredd View Post
Bulk trade is the only logical way to trade that many pokemon. Each game the trading system is getting better and better. What black and white 2 failed do with mass trades the next gen will surely pick up. Once they solve trading multiple pokemon at a time, whole boxes wont be a problem.

An app that can support that kinda feature would really be the best way to solve that problem.
ineed, like poke box was it beore it, through it was a bulk storeage system you could transfer game to game.
Old 01-16-2013, 06:50 PM
goldwynaut Offline

Quote:
I'm actually really excited to see Pokemon #666. I hope it'll be a demon-like creature to scare every religious person and make a huge deal out of it. I wanna see those arguments.
Pokemon #666 resembling a demon or satan will give nintendo massive lulz and the fans will get opportunities to troll. Its no secret that nintendo can be trollish at times, so it is very possible that #666 will look like a demon, at least I hope so
Old 01-16-2013, 07:08 PM
mintjelly Offline
Father Cat

Send a message via AIM to mintjelly Send a message via Skype™ to mintjelly

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldwynaut View Post
Pokemon #666 resembling a demon or satan will give nintendo massive lulz and the fans will get opportunities to troll. Its no secret that nintendo can be trollish at times, so it is very possible that #666 will look like a demon, at least I hope so
Maybe #666 will be a goat.
In Catholicism, the goat is a symbol of the devil.

Shun the non-believer