Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  
 

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Pokemon Main Boards » Pokemon: X and Y

Pokemon: X and Y Discuss the upcoming games Pokemon X and Pokemon Y here. Be sure to label posts with spoilers and use spoiler tags when necessary.


Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #16  
Old 01-08-2013, 08:48 PM
Etymology's Avatar
Etymology Offline
~VRAAHBRBRBR!~
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Forum Board Number 124
Posts: 3,957
Send a message via AIM to Etymology
Default Re: Pokemon X and Pokemon Y Speculations

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cobalt Shadow View Post
Generation 1: The originals (Flareon, Vaporeon, Jolteon)
Generation 2: The sun and Moon (Espeon and Umbreon)
Generation 3: Nothing
Generation 4: Winter and Spring (Glaceon and Leafeon)
Generation 5: Nothing
Generation 6: ????

Am I the only one seeing a pattern? Since gen 2, they would do new Eeveelutions, then skip, then do new, then skip...
X refers to a horizontal axis. Pokemon X features the legendary that dwells on the ground.

Y refers to a vertical axis. Pokemon Y features the legendary that dwells on the ground.

As such, it's entirely possible that the eeveelutions will follow the theme of 'sky and land', and we'll get a Flying type Eevee and a Ground type Eevee. :3

Chances are, with that logo for the new Eevee short, we'll only get one Eeveelution, though.
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 01-08-2013, 11:27 PM
Grassy_Aggron's Avatar
Grassy_Aggron Offline
Nutjob Personified
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: I...I don't know! WHERE DO I LIVE?!
Posts: 8,809
Send a message via AIM to Grassy_Aggron
Default Re: Pokemon X and Pokemon Y Speculations

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charmander009 View Post
@Popshakes: Oh, that would be fun, actually :o


Hmm, wonder what kind of dragon-types they'll have. Personally, I'd love to see an Electric/Dragon type x3


What type do you think the legendaries are? :o

Bird is obviously part flying (I guess? That thing's kind of freaky xD) But what could the deer be? Steel/Psychic? Oh, dude. Dark/Psychic would be epic! >:D
This is what I'm guessing.

I'm guessing Cryseer (the deer Legendary - I gave it a nickname) will be Dark/Psychic

Glovian (bird, yes another nickname of mine) will be Dark/Flying. I'm sensing a "dark" theme with these games ;)
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 01-09-2013, 12:35 AM
Latio-Nytro's Avatar
Latio-Nytro Offline
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: ERROR! EXPLOSION IMMINENT!
Posts: 4,467
Default Re: Pokemon X and Pokemon Y Speculations

On the new Eeveelution(s) It could be that the Eeveelution is either a Dragon-Type as previously predicted, or the left-field-ish Ghost or Poison Type nobody probably will expect. Ground (or Rock) and Flying Eeveelutions...Meh. Could work but it would be rather gimmicky. Steel Type would be cool, I guess. Personally, I'd like to see a Fighting-Type Eevee, personally. Dragon Eevee is cool, but I think a Fighting-Type Eeveelution would be absolutely awesome.

On the starters...The Grass-Type Starter Chespin intriuges me too much to pass up, and it might the first generation that I've been dead set on getting the Grass-Type Starter. MIGHT be because he looks like Finn somewhat (Definately looks like they've got a similar thing with their 'headgear': Finn's style of hat matches Chespin's 'hood') and the other two don't look very good to me, personally. I don't like the fur coming out of Fennekin's hair for whatever reason (otherwise it's awesome), and Froakie...I'm not sure on Froakie. I like Ty's thoughts on it, though; that each Starter would be able to counter themselves with their second type...And having the first Dark-Type starter EVER would be awesome. COME ON, CHESPIN, HAVE DARK-TYPE EVOLUTIONS!

On the likely Legendary Pokemon Z...Well, going on the theory of XYZ as coordinates being the theme, we're not getting an ocean-dweller, I can almost guarentee it. Considering I'm playing Fez (which has several puzzles relating to perception and the fact your character is 2D and must traverse the 3rd dimension with the help of a Fez, henceforth the title), Z would probably be something A) Out of left field design-wise, and B) akin to Giratina in the sense that it's interdimensional. It may also be the first Dark/Ghost Type Legendary for these reasons and Grassy's trend of Pokemon in gen six seemingly being easy Dark Types...Though I doubt that. Too broken of a type pairing.
__________________
The Avatar is from 5TailedDemonLizard!

Houndour@4051: Hatch@4066, Houndoom@4123, Level100@4351.

The Nonexistant White Nuzlocke! BEHOLD IT AND DESPAIR!

FEAR THE MOODY BIDOOF!!!
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 01-09-2013, 04:47 AM
Judgmental Arceus's Avatar
Judgmental Arceus Offline
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Your front door with a loaded P90
Posts: 7,534
Send a message via Yahoo to Judgmental Arceus Send a message via Skype™ to Judgmental Arceus
Default Re: Pokemon X and Pokemon Y Speculations

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charmander009 View Post
If Chespin's going to be Grass/Dark, that'll be pretty cool :D

I agree that Fennekin is going to be fire/psychic, because of the move it used ^^

But I actually think that Froakie (personally, I think it's an adorable name) is going to be part Ice--the move it used in the trailer almost looked ice-ish to me, though it probably was just a water move, lol. Its colors and design seem reminiscent of ice, too; and if you break down the name... "Fro" could either be frog or frost... BUT that's up for debate xD

In terms of an Eevee-lution, I'd like to see a ghost type; seems likely, but Pokemon's known for surprising us, right? xD
I'm hoping for Grass/Ghost. That would be a nice twist.

As for Fennekin becoming Fire/Psychic, I really hope that isn't the case. I mean we already have Victini and we have Zen Darmanitan. Sure it would be refreshing to stop the firefighters, but please not fire/psychic.

Most Water-type pokemon can use Ice-type moves. You can't simply bet that a water-type will be part ice by using an ice-type move.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Popshakes View Post
I am really in love with this game so far. :D Honestly I think the typing for the starters will go a little like this:

Fennekin as a Fire/Psychic
Froakie as a Water/Fighting
Chespin as a Grass/Dark

Which would make the game a little more interesting. Everything has 2 types they can beat from their respectable counterparts. I think that is what the typings will be considering the trailer showed Fennekin using fire and psychic moves, Chespin using grass and dark moves, and Froakie using water moves and what looked like a fighting move. :D
Seriously please none of the above. We have enough of each of those types.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Typhlosion Explosion View Post
I think;

Chespin: Grass and Dark or Ghost
Fennekin: Fire and Ground, Psychic, or Electric
Froakie: Water and Flying or Electric.
I'm hoping:
Chespin becomes Grass/Ghost
Fennekin becomes Fire/Electric or Fire/Ice
Froakie I don't care.
__________________
Credit to mayfan1000. VPP Browser Post
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 01-09-2013, 01:27 PM
Typhlosion Explosion's Avatar
Typhlosion Explosion Offline
~Blast Burn
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: New Bark Town
Posts: 5,956
Send a message via AIM to Typhlosion Explosion Send a message via Skype™ to Typhlosion Explosion
Default Re: Pokemon X and Pokemon Y Speculations

Quote:
Originally Posted by Judgmental Arceus View Post
I'm hoping for Grass/Ghost. That would be a nice twist.

As for Fennekin becoming Fire/Psychic, I really hope that isn't the case. I mean we already have Victini and we have Zen Darmanitan. Sure it would be refreshing to stop the firefighters, but please not fire/psychic.

Most Water-type pokemon can use Ice-type moves. You can't simply bet that a water-type will be part ice by using an ice-type move.

Seriously please none of the above. We have enough of each of those types.

I'm hoping:
Chespin becomes Grass/Ghost
Fennekin becomes Fire/Electric or Fire/Ice
Froakie I don't care.
Idk about Grass Ghost/Dark anymore. The design of Chespin makes it seem so un-viable. o:

Fire/Psychic would be BEAST. I love Victini. <3

Fire/Electric would be so much more beast. I'd die. I. would. die.

Fire/Ground seems most likely, since fennecs are desert dwellers.

ALL U GUIZ DU IZ H8 FROAKIE

The only water fighting is Poliwrath and Keldeo. xD
The only Fire/Psychic is Victini (Zen mode Darminatn doesn't really count to me).
The only Grass/Dark we have are Nuzleaf, Shiftry, and Cacturne. :\
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #21  
Old 01-09-2013, 07:10 PM
Judgmental Arceus's Avatar
Judgmental Arceus Offline
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Your front door with a loaded P90
Posts: 7,534
Send a message via Yahoo to Judgmental Arceus Send a message via Skype™ to Judgmental Arceus
Default Re: Pokemon X and Pokemon Y Speculations

Quote:
Originally Posted by Typhlosion Explosion View Post
Idk about Grass Ghost/Dark anymore. The design of Chespin makes it seem so un-viable. o:

Fire/Psychic would be BEAST. I love Victini. <3

Fire/Electric would be so much more beast. I'd die. I. would. die.

Fire/Ground seems most likely, since fennecs are desert dwellers.

ALL U GUIZ DU IZ H8 FROAKIE

The only water fighting is Poliwrath and Keldeo. xD
The only Fire/Psychic is Victini (Zen mode Darminatn doesn't really count to me).
The only Grass/Dark we have are Nuzleaf, Shiftry, and Cacturne. :\
Still. ENOUGH REDUNDANCY.
There are about 78 combinations of typings that haven't been covered. We should use them.

And if Froakie becomes another Water/Steel then I won't have any complaints.
The only reason I'd support this is because the only combination of types Water hasn't covered with is Fire, and you know a Water/Fire starter would not sit well with Gamefreak

Unless Chespin becomes Grass/Water and Fennekin becomes Fire/Grass. Then Water/Fire Froakie would work, but I am pretty certain that won't be the case.

inb4 Fennekin becomes Fire/Normal
__________________
Credit to mayfan1000. VPP Browser Post

Last edited by Judgmental Arceus; 01-09-2013 at 07:14 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 01-10-2013, 05:51 PM
goldwynaut's Avatar
goldwynaut Offline
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Your Mom's House
Posts: 5,670
Default Re: Pokemon X and Pokemon Y Speculations

I just realized that since the game is released all over the world at the same date we wont be able to draw any information about the game from any Japanese users of websites such as bulbapedia, that means that nintendo may suprise us all with a third legendary, or a hidden pokemon that is not listed anywhere, or a secret item, the possibilities for nintendo to troll are basically endless.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 01-10-2013, 11:12 PM
Pokemon Trainer Sarah's Avatar
Pokemon Trainer Sarah Offline
Expecto Patronum!
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Route 1
Posts: 8,137
Send a message via AIM to Pokemon Trainer Sarah Send a message via MSN to Pokemon Trainer Sarah
Default Re: Pokemon X and Pokemon Y Speculations

Yeah except once the game is out, people will trawl through the code and know within a a day everything that is in there :( But it will be better than usual. xD

I don't want Chespin to be Dark/Grass because the types don't provide good coverage. =/ Grass Pokemon can already use Bug attacks which take care of Psychic. So the Dark only gives an advantage over Ghost and adds more weaknesses that Grass doesn't need.

Meanwhile, Grass Pokemon are still resisted by Fire, Grass, Fighting, Flying, Bug, Dragon and Steel.
While Dark is resisted by Fighting, Dark and Steel and doesn't cover any of Grass's resistances.

Grass is already a very difficult type to use effectively. Not being able to hit Fighting types, while being weak to Fighting types is a bad move for a Starter Pokemon, especially if Froakie is going to be Water/Fighting.

Grass/Fighting is a much better typing, but Grass/Psychic would be nicer. xD It's unfair that Fennekin seemingly gets two awesome types (Fire and Psychic) and the best design. Chespin and Froakie need to have draws as well!
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 01-10-2013, 11:16 PM
Master Aqua's Avatar
Master Aqua Offline
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Scotland
Posts: 8,969
Send a message via AIM to Master Aqua Send a message via MSN to Master Aqua
Default Re: Pokemon X and Pokemon Y Speculations

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pokemon Trainer Sarah View Post
Yeah except once the game is out, people will trawl through the code and know within a a day everything that is in there :( But it will be better than usual. xD

I don't want Chespin to be Dark/Grass because the types don't provide good coverage. =/ Grass Pokemon can already use Bug attacks which take care of Psychic. So the Dark only gives an advantage over Ghost and adds more weaknesses that Grass doesn't need.

Meanwhile, Grass Pokemon are still resisted by Fire, Grass, Fighting, Flying, Bug, Dragon and Steel.
While Dark is resisted by Fighting, Dark and Steel and doesn't cover any of Grass's resistances.

Grass is already a very difficult type to use effectively. Not being able to hit Fighting types, while being weak to Fighting types is a bad move for a Starter Pokemon, especially if Froakie is going to be Water/Fighting.

Grass/Fighting is a much better typing, but Grass/Psychic would be nicer. xD It's unfair that Fennekin seemingly gets two awesome types (Fire and Psychic) and the best design. Chespin and Froakie need to have draws as well!
if it ends up as a grass/fighting it will end up outclassed by breloom same with the fox being psychic and even electric by victini and rotom-h

The water type might be an offensive ground/water type, which is such a beatiful concept for a 6th gen metagame.
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 01-10-2013, 11:23 PM
Pokemon Trainer Sarah's Avatar
Pokemon Trainer Sarah Offline
Expecto Patronum!
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Route 1
Posts: 8,137
Send a message via AIM to Pokemon Trainer Sarah Send a message via MSN to Pokemon Trainer Sarah
Default Re: Pokemon X and Pokemon Y Speculations

Yeah, I wouldn't expect them to brilliant in competitive battling, but I'd just like it to be a decent Pokemon with a nice movepool (unlike Snivy...)
Reply With Quote
  #26  
Old 01-11-2013, 12:10 AM
Grassy_Aggron's Avatar
Grassy_Aggron Offline
Nutjob Personified
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: I...I don't know! WHERE DO I LIVE?!
Posts: 8,809
Send a message via AIM to Grassy_Aggron
Default Re: Pokemon X and Pokemon Y Speculations

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pokemon Trainer Sarah View Post
Yeah, I wouldn't expect them to brilliant in competitive battling, but I'd just like it to be a decent Pokemon with a nice movepool (unlike Snivy...)
Grass isn't weak to Fighting silly XD I think you meant Flying.

And, well, Snivy DOES get the Dream World ability Perversity or whatnot, meaning stat drops become boosts instead. Leaf Storm just became a beast.



Interesting theory here. Since this could possibly be based on DNA, as it's looking to be, would that imply perhaps these Legendaries are breedable, and will Manaphy also play a role in it because of that fact? :3
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old 01-11-2013, 02:10 AM
Judgmental Arceus's Avatar
Judgmental Arceus Offline
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Your front door with a loaded P90
Posts: 7,534
Send a message via Yahoo to Judgmental Arceus Send a message via Skype™ to Judgmental Arceus
Default Re: Pokemon X and Pokemon Y Speculations

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pokemon Trainer Sarah View Post
Yeah except once the game is out, people will trawl through the code and know within a a day everything that is in there :( But it will be better than usual. xD

I don't want Chespin to be Dark/Grass because the types don't provide good coverage. =/ Grass Pokemon can already use Bug attacks which take care of Psychic. So the Dark only gives an advantage over Ghost and adds more weaknesses that Grass doesn't need.

Meanwhile, Grass Pokemon are still resisted by Fire, Grass, Fighting, Flying, Bug, Dragon and Steel.
While Dark is resisted by Fighting, Dark and Steel and doesn't cover any of Grass's resistances.

Grass is already a very difficult type to use effectively. Not being able to hit Fighting types, while being weak to Fighting types is a bad move for a Starter Pokemon, especially if Froakie is going to be Water/Fighting.

Grass/Fighting is a much better typing, but Grass/Psychic would be nicer. xD It's unfair that Fennekin seemingly gets two awesome types (Fire and Psychic) and the best design. Chespin and Froakie need to have draws as well!
Grass/Psychic would be even worse because in addition to the 4x Bug weakness you add weaknesses to Ghost and Dark. Grass/Fighting has that unpleasant 4x weakness to Flying. In fact I think Chespin would be best as part Rock or Steel because both types reduce the number of painful weaknesses Grass has. On top of that, if Chespin were to become part Steel, it'll gain immunity to Poison in exchange for a 4x weakness to Fire which can be easily countered.

The issue is that I would think Gamefreak would try to even out the typings amongst the starters so that one starter doesn't have an overwelming advantage over another except in cases where all 3 starters share a double weakness to each other's types.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Master Aqua View Post
if it ends up as a grass/fighting it will end up outclassed by breloom same with the fox being psychic and even electric by victini and rotom-h

The water type might be an offensive ground/water type, which is such a beatiful concept for a 6th gen metagame.
I thought Victini was banned in the metagame like Mew, Shaymin, and Celebi.

As for offensive Water/Ground Pokémon, don't Seismitoad and Swampert fit those categories?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grassy_Aggron View Post
Grass isn't weak to Fighting silly XD I think you meant Flying.

And, well, Snivy DOES get the Dream World ability Perversity or whatnot, meaning stat drops become boosts instead. Leaf Storm just became a beast.



Interesting theory here. Since this could possibly be based on DNA, as it's looking to be, would that imply perhaps these Legendaries are breedable, and will Manaphy also play a role in it because of that fact? :3
DARK is weak to Fighting, so that's why the Grass/Dark combo would be bad.

Imagine if Chandelure had Perversity in the Dream World, could you say OU? Maybe even Uber?
__________________
Credit to mayfan1000. VPP Browser Post
Reply With Quote
  #28  
Old 01-11-2013, 02:55 AM
Grassy_Aggron's Avatar
Grassy_Aggron Offline
Nutjob Personified
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: I...I don't know! WHERE DO I LIVE?!
Posts: 8,809
Send a message via AIM to Grassy_Aggron
Default Re: Pokemon X and Pokemon Y Speculations

Quote:
Originally Posted by Judgmental Arceus View Post
DARK is weak to Fighting, so that's why the Grass/Dark combo would be bad.

Imagine if Chandelure had Perversity in the Dream World, could you say OU? Maybe even Uber?
I misread what she said. When she was just saying "Grass is weak to Fighting" I was like "wut". Oopsie.

...And yeah that would be broken, maybe, if it has moves to lower stats.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #29  
Old 01-11-2013, 02:59 AM
Pokemon Trainer Sarah's Avatar
Pokemon Trainer Sarah Offline
Expecto Patronum!
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Route 1
Posts: 8,137
Send a message via AIM to Pokemon Trainer Sarah Send a message via MSN to Pokemon Trainer Sarah
Default Re: Pokemon X and Pokemon Y Speculations

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grassy_Aggron View Post
Grass isn't weak to Fighting silly XD I think you meant Flying.

And, well, Snivy DOES get the Dream World ability Perversity or whatnot, meaning stat drops become boosts instead. Leaf Storm just became a beast.



Interesting theory here. Since this could possibly be based on DNA, as it's looking to be, would that imply perhaps these Legendaries are breedable, and will Manaphy also play a role in it because of that fact? :3
Yeah but Snivy's movepool is horrible. As far as attacking moves go, it learns only Grass type moves which are resisted by heaps of types, TM Aerial Ace and Iron Tail if you can somehow breed it on (which you can't if you're using it as a starter). That's it. o_o At least it got Aqua Tail by Tutor in BW2, but it's still not very good for coverage. :(

It doesn't get any Special Attack moves of any type other than Grass, so its hidden ability (Contrary) paired with Leaf Storm doesn't really work for it...

No matter what type it is, I hope Chespin has a nice movepool!

I don't think legendaries would become breedable. There would be no point to events anymore if everyone could breed them.
Reply With Quote
  #30  
Old 01-11-2013, 08:02 PM
Typhlosion Explosion's Avatar
Typhlosion Explosion Offline
~Blast Burn
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: New Bark Town
Posts: 5,956
Send a message via AIM to Typhlosion Explosion Send a message via Skype™ to Typhlosion Explosion
Default Re: Pokemon X and Pokemon Y Speculations

"Perversity"

omg I'm dying. CONTRARY. xD

Everyone is cocky about the second typing. They might not even HAVE one. xD some Fire types can use Earthquake, that doesn't make them part Ground though.

Snivy's movepool does suck, case closed. xD

It's bumming me out you're already classifying them as useless. I'm not worried about the metagame right now. D<

To set things straight, however, Chandelure is already OU. If it had Contrary it'd be uber.

Legendaries breedable? X3 I'm glad they're changing things up here, but it would defeat the point.

I wouldn't start popping your tops if you don't even know the second type (or if there is one). Gen II starters were the best imo, and they didn't have any secondary types. Who's to say these guys will?

For the record, Fire/Normal would be PWN. Normal types are cuties, and Fennekin is the cutest thing I've ever seen. xD
__________________
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 06:37 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Style Design: AlienSector.com