Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Interactive Boards » Role Play » Role Play Sign Ups & Discussion

Role Play Sign Ups & Discussion Sign up for and discuss Role Plays here. Have anything to ask about a Role Play you're in, or need to put up extra info for people to refer to? What if you need help with an idea that's missing that extra kick? Do it all here!

Old 01-09-2013, 07:53 AM
AcrossTheUniverse Offline

Send a message via Skype™ to AcrossTheUniverse
Default The Nature of Fantasy (SU)

The Nature of Fantasy: A Disney Role Play

Plot:

“All cartoon characters and fables must be exaggeration, caricatures. It is the very nature of fantasy and fable.” –Walt Disney

In a realm far from our own, the characters that we see in Disney movies live and thrive, just like we do, in their own lands. In this realm they’re no different from you or I. They go about their daily lives normally, not waiting for anything and completely unaware of the happy endings that fate shall soon bring upon them. There are even people who live amongst some of our favorite cartoons that we have never heard of before. So then a question comes to mind. How did Walt Disney find out about these people and their stories?

For Disney, it started with a dream. One night, while Mr. Disney was still a struggling cartoon artist trying to find his way, he dreamt of a small mouse character who came to him with a piece of paper and a pencil. The mouse didn’t speak, only smiled. He sat there as Walt drew him, mesmerized by the large circular ears and oddly large feet on this small thing in front of him. As soon as he finished the last pencil stroke and looked up at the mouse, it said one thing, “M…” Suddenly, he woke up, finding that he was just alone in his bed.

Immediately, he ran to his desk and drew out the character that he had seen exactly as he remembered it and as soon as he was done he labeled it, “M”. After his rush of adrenaline had ended he looked at his drawing, satisfied. But he hadn’t the slightest idea what he could do with the character, so he set it aside. But every night after that, the same character would come to him in his dreams, doing different actions for Walt to draw and only ever muttering the letter, “M”. Day after day Walt would wake up and copy what he had drawn in his dream, putting it with the original “M” drawing and over time, he had built up a hefty stack of drawings.

But one day, while driving to lunch with his brother Roy, he lost control of the wheel and slammed into a brick wall, sending him into a critical state and a coma. While in the coma, he woke up in a strange land, surrounded by trees and with a large castle off in the distance. As he got up, there was a rustling in the bushes and suddenly, “M” popped out and greeted him. He was surprised that “M” was here and able to speak. “M” told him that his real name was Mickey and introduced him to other small animal-people. Another mouse, a few ducks, and couple of dogs. Along with that, Mickey traveled with Walt around this land, where he met various princes and maidens. A Beast and a mermaid. An evil Queen with a magic mirror. Along with many others. Once he had woken up from his coma, he simply thought it was all a very long dream, where he got the inspiration for the rest of his career. But it was in fact not a dream. He was transported to the realm in which the people of his Disney characters live and exist.

Back in that realm, being introduced to Walt made all of the kingdoms realize that there were other kingdoms out there, with more land. Land that they didn’t own. Before this, they had all simply thought that they were the only living creatures around their area, not bothering to venture out and find others. But because they now knew that they were being denied land that each one thought should be theirs, a war started. A huge war that involved every kingdom in their realm.

That specific war has been going has been going on for 100 years now, and had died down to the point where the attacks weren’t so terribly brutal and where things had started to evolve into peace once more. But a new villain has arisen to threaten this peace, mysteriously working from the shadows of this world and wrecking havoc. This villain is feeding false information to each kingdom to make them angrier, using magic to persuade the soldiers to be more violent, and, worst of all, making innocent people disappear from their homes, never to be seen again.

This is the world in which you live. Things are becoming worse again, for whatever reason, and you have lost a loved one to this mysterious kidnapper. Your mission is to ban together with the people you once were at war against, find this villain, and save your land before it is completely destroyed. Can you fight and rise up? Or will you only live on as a character in a far off place?

Rules:

-Please no Godmodding (Making yourself basically invincible), Meta-Gaming (Using information you've learned outside of the roleplay without permission of the people involved), or Bunnying (Unless it's an unused Disney character that you don't use excessively, or you have permission from myself and the other player who owns that character).

-I think that swearing can be allowed, but please keep it to light swearing. I would like to keep this PG13 at the worst. If you are someone who would like to join but you have a huge problem with any swearing what-so-ever, please contact me and I can change this.

-Fights between characters are allowed, but nothing too gory please, and you can't kill off other characters unless you have permission from myself and the other player who owns that character. Also, if you are in a fight, let yourself be hit. Again, you're not invincible.

-Make sure you're able to commit time to the roleplay regularly. If you're going to be gone for a while and you know it, please PM me and let me know.

-Make sure that everyone gets a chance to post in the roleplay. Please don't let it be like a whole three pages between two characters or something. (This may be regulated with an order list of who can post when.)

-Please put MMOTW in the "Other" section of your signup, so I know that you read the rules. If that's not there, I won't accept your signup. (Also, it's not needed, but Brownie Points go to anyone who can figure out what MMOTW means).

-Please be able to write at least 2 paragraphs for each character that you own with each post.

-Right now, please only have 3 characters. This may change after a while, but I'd like to keep a limit on it for now.

If you break any of these rules: The first time it will be a warning, the second time you will be put onto the "Probation" list, and the third time you will be expelled from the roleplay immediately. Please follow all of the rules.

Other Things to Know:

-I will have a map made after I get a good number of characters accepted. The map will consist of the Disney Lands that are used by the accepted characters as well as a few that are not used, for more exploring. All of the lands will be in one large Disney world. I am waiting because I don't want to restrict people from choosing whatever Disney characters they want to choose.

-There is the matter of the villain of this roleplay. Honestly, even though I'm creating it, I really wouldn't like to be the villain. If no one would like to sign up as them or I can't find a good one, then I will take on that role, but I'd rather someone else do it. If you would like to make a villain sign up, please follow the Original Character (Either related or unrelated to Disney) signup and send it to me in a PM. I would like for the villain to be original and not an existing villain.

-Please don't mention if anyone is missing from your land in your signup. I would like to give everyone an opportunity to choose any character that they want. Once I have a good amount of accepted characters, then it can be decided who is missing from the lands, but not until then.

-Obviously, because I put sexuality in the signups, all types of romance are accepted in this roleplay. It is your choice whether or not you would like to engage in romance, but if you do, please keep it PG13. Kissing is fine, but more sexual than that is NOT okay.

-Lastly, I do not own any of the characters, settings, situations, or anything from the Disney stories and movies that will be used in this role play. It all belongs to the Disney franchise and I'm not trying to steal it in any way. And also, the way that I have portrayed Walt Disney getting the ideas for his Mickey Mouse and any other characters is completely made up. He has never been in a coma either. I made that up as well.

Signups:

Disney Character:

Name: (Disney Character you’re using)

Sexuality: (Gay, bi, straight, whatever you would like to put. You may also leave this space blank if you choose to)

Beginning Location: (The area of the world your character lives in)

Appearance: (You may describe or use a picture of your character. You may change your character’s clothes from what they are in the movie. Please make it at least 1 good sized paragraph, unless you are using a picture. But if you are, still please describe the general aspects of the clothes anyway.)

Personality: (Pretty self explanatory. Please make it at least 1 good sized paragraph.)

History: (Again, self explanatory. Please make it at least 1 good sized paragraph.)

Weapons: (If you have one. So also, optional)

Other: (Anything else?)

Original Disney Character:

Name:

Sexuality: (Gay, bi, straight, whatever you would like to put. You may also leave this space blank if you choose to)

Beginning Location: (The area of the world your character lives in or is starting out in. Can be said by actual location in Disney movie or just by using the movie's name)

Appearance: (Picture or description. Please make it at least 1 good sized paragraph, unless you are using a picture. But if you are, still please describe the general aspects of the clothes anyway.)

Personality: (Pretty self explanatory. Please make it at least 1 good sized paragraph.)

History: (Again, self explanatory. Please make it at least 1 good sized paragraph.)

Original Character (Unrelated to Disney):

Name:

Beginning Location: (The area of the world your character lives in)

Appearance: (Picture or description. Please make it at least 1 good sized paragraph, unless you are using a picture. But if you are, still please describe the general aspects of the clothes anyway.)

My Signups: ARE LIKE 75% FINISHED

Belle

Name: Belle

Sexuality: Straight

Beginning Location: A small French village

Appearance:

(It was surprisingly hard to find a full body picture of Belle in her blue dress online)

Belle is an average sized woman with soft pale skin, hazel-brown eyes, and long flowing brown hair. Her hair is tied back with a blue ribbon into a bow, which matches her blue dress that goes down to about her ankles. She has a white under-shirt under her blue dress and a white apron tied around her waist. She also has white under-skirts, which aren't usually seen and are only peeking out from the bottom of her blue dress if they are seen. Her shoes are simple black flats, so she can easily walk around her village. She is usually seen carrying a basket or book if she goes to town. All of her features and movements are very soft, which is a large contrast to her strong woman-powered mindset. Her skin is flawless and pale and always glowing, just like her beaming smile.

Personality:

History:

Weapons: None, except for her sharp wit.

Other: This is before she met Beast, and who knows if she will in our story.

Rory (Snow White’s Brother):

Name: Rory White

Sexuality: Gay

Beginning Location: Inside of a basement dungeon room in Snow White's Castle.

Appearance: Rory is only about 5'4" tall, considered short for his age, but he hasn't grown in a few years and probably won't grow much more, if at all. He's Snow White's twin brother, so he resembles her a good amount. His skin is pale as snow with no blemishes except for one large freckle right on his left cheekbone. His lips are rosy red and plump, which never fade to any pinker color and are a fantastic contrast on his pure white teeth when he smiles. There's a slight pink blush to his cheeks which accent the innocence in his appearance. His eyes are large and a green color that matches the leaves of the forest in the summertime. His eyebrows are bushy and black as the night, just like his hair, which is cut shorter in the back, but is still long in the front and his bangs flip to the left. His body is frail and non-muscular from sitting in a dungeon for most of his life, so he's pretty weak, both in strength and in looks. He wears a loose black cloth shirt, which is large on him and is short sleeved. It's old and has some holes in it, but still flatters him somehow. He also wears very tight brown pants which hug his little legs and black combat boots, that lace up the front. Both most of the time he has his long green, hooded cloak on. It ties around his neck and makes him feel safe. He also is usually wearing his bow and bag of arrows across his chest, over his shoulder, in case he needs them. Overall, he looks frail and feminine, and like a weak target.

Personality: Rory is a someone who likes to be a loner the majority of the time. Being locked in a dungeon for most of your life can do that to a person. He's learned to be with himself and enjoy in rather than being around groups of people and having conversation. So when he's with other people he tends to be very quiet, shy, and distant, and it takes a very special person for him to open up and talk to people. He's not terribly fond of making eye contact with people and usually, if he does speak, his voice is very soft and mumbling. It's not that he doesn't like people, it's just that he's nervous around them and would rather just spend his time alone, or with the animals. He feels very close to the forest animals and, like his sister, is able to communicate and work with them well. He's still fairly naiive, also like his sister, since he hasn't been able to have time in the outside world and can often be tricked or fall into situations that may be dangerous to him. But when he sees that someone else might be in danger he's the first one to rush to their aid and try to find some way to get them back to health or some way to help them in their quest. He's very loyal to his friends or people that he feels he can trust and will always be an unexpected helping hand. He doesn't have much of a temper and often doesn't get mad, but it's easy to upset him and make him cry, which is where his emotional weaknesses come in and where he feels like he might get made fun of, so he's sensitive about it.

History: At a very young age Rory and Snow lost their father, after their mother had died during childbirth, so they had never been able to meet her. They were too young to fully understand how their father died, they just knew that he was there one day, and the next day he was gone. To the both of them, it's still a mystery to this day. Rory has spent much time questioning whether or not it could have been their step-mother who killed him, but brushed this off because he tried to see the good in her. She was all the twins had after their father died after all. But it was hard for him to see any good in her sometimes, because a few months after their father died, she locked him down in a dungeon in the depths of the castle, with only an uncomfortable bed and a flicker of light coming from a barred window that was too high for him to reach anyway. This is only because after the King died, The Queen, their stepmother, had asked her magic mirror if he foresaw either of the children being a threat to her. The mirror replied that one day, Rory would be the fairest in all of the land. She was stunned by this, because he was a boy. The mirror then told her that for a boy, with great beauty can come great power, even if it's hidden deep down. She panicked and locked him up, keeping him there for years. Since then he has accepted the life of a prisoner, assuming he'll never get out, but he's in for a big surprise, very soon.

Weapons: Wooden bow and arrows

Other: Snow White is actually 14 years old in the movie, but I wanted my character to be a bit older than that, so I changed it to 16 for Rory. If anyone decides to use Snow White as a character, if your age could be 16 as well, that would be wonderful. If you have a problem with this, please contact me. Thank you

ANNOUNCEMENTS:

There are no announcements at this time.

ACCEPTED:

-AcrossTheUniverse: Rory White
-Silithus: Silithus Skellington
-Silithus: One the Dog

RESERVED:

-AcrossTheUniverse: Belle
-The Frozen Prince: Alice's Son (Still Nameless) and Peter Pan

PENDING:

No one is pending at this time.

REJECTED:

No one has been rejected at this time.

PROBATION:

No one is on probation at this time.

Last edited by AcrossTheUniverse; 01-12-2013 at 09:23 AM.
Old 01-10-2013, 03:53 PM
The Frozen Prince Offline

Send a message via AIM to The Frozen Prince Send a message via MSN to The Frozen Prince Send a message via Yahoo to The Frozen Prince
Default Re: The Nature of Fantasy (SU)

Reserve me for the two characters we discussed please :)

{Avvie and Sig by Me}

Old 01-10-2013, 03:53 PM

Send a message via AIM to The Frozen Prince Send a message via MSN to The Frozen Prince Send a message via Yahoo to The Frozen Prince

{Avvie and Sig by Me}

Old 01-11-2013, 12:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Frozen Prince View Post
Sounds great =]. Can't wait to see the sign ups for them!!
Old 01-11-2013, 05:03 AM
Silithus Offline

Original Disney Character
Name: Silithus Skellington
Beginning Location: Halloween Town

Appearance

Silithus Skellington is the son of Jack Skellington, thus inheriting the title of 'Pumpkin Prince'. His garments are an exact replica of Jack's, aside from instead of being a jet black in colour they are a very slight purple. He occasionally dons his fathers Pumpkin mask, but this too has undergone a slight change, recoloured black instead of the traditional orange. This is usually only when he fights.

Personality: Silithus is a polar opposite of his father. Whilst Jack is fun, carefree and outgoing, Silithus is quite literally a recluse; most of the time he spends on his own or with his dog, One, and he rarely speaks a word. When confronted, in a violent situation Silithus will fight, making use of his long, sharp and very much living sword, which he names Sally. He has a soft spot, however, for dolls. This is more than likely due to the fact that his mother Sally is, in fact, a doll herself. He has a great dislike for remaining indoors, cooped up; he refers to it as captivity. When around One the dog, he is a very different person, indicating that he also has a soft spot for his dog.

History: Silithus was born in Halloween Town, the first born of Jack and Sally Skellington. For a while everything was peaceful, and Silithus grew and lived a normal, happy childhood. However at some point in time, unknown to those outside of the close family circle, Jack disappeared, and Silithus' life began spiralling into what it is today. When Jack returned, too everybody else it had appeared as though he hadn't even gone. Silithus, though, was all the wiser. A deep loathing, not for his father, but for something unknown, grew inside of him, and ever since, Silithus hasn't been the same. It has been speculated in recent times that Silithus has gone completely mad and has even gone so far as to attempt to usurp his father and take what he believes is his rightful place as Pumpkin King of Halloween Town.

Weapons: Silithus carries with him a very large, sharp sword, named Sally. The hilt of the sword is alive, and often talks. The sword sits on his back, underneath his clothing.

Other: MMOTW
Original Disney Character
Name: One the Dog
Beginning Location: Halloween Town

Appearance

One looks exactly like Zero the Dog, Jack's dog, to a tee. The only slight difference is that One's collar is purple, not red.

Personality: One is a very playful dog when around Silithus, however when Silithus is in danger or is being taunted One will become very defensive and often attack.

History: One was Jack's gift to Silithus on the day of his birth; Zero actually gave birth to One on the same day. The two have grown a close emotional bond over the years, and it is speculated that One feels whatever Silithus does.

Weapons: One has no weapons however, when angered or provoked, or frightened in some cases, he has been known to become solid, growing slightly in size. This is known as Omega One, though this has very rarely been seen.

Other: MMOTW
Super exited for this, hopefully everything is in order! :D

Last edited by Silithus; 01-11-2013 at 11:07 PM.
Old 01-11-2013, 07:31 PM

Silithus, I'm going to put you down as Pending now for the reasons I explained in the Private Message I sent you. Otherwise it's looking good so far.
Old 01-11-2013, 10:00 PM

My finals end the 14th so won't be able to work on the SUs until then. Hope that's ok :)

{Avvie and Sig by Me}

Old 01-11-2013, 11:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Frozen Prince View Post
My finals end the 14th so won't be able to work on the SUs until then. Hope that's ok :)
That's totally fine. School and all of that stuff comes first. I'll keep you on the reserved list and will be anxiously awaiting to see what you're able to come up with =]
Old 01-11-2013, 11:08 PM
Silithus Offline

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcrossTheUniverse View Post
Silithus, I'm going to put you down as Pending now for the reasons I explained in the Private Message I sent you. Otherwise it's looking good so far.
That's cool :D

I've edited the history for Silithus a little bit, but there's not much else I can do with the SU for One the Dog. Simply because he's a just a dog, and he won't be doing much within the actual RP himself however he'll more than likely always be by Silithus' side.
Old 01-12-2013, 09:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silithus View Post
That's cool :D

I've edited the history for Silithus a little bit, but there's not much else I can do with the SU for One the Dog. Simply because he's a just a dog, and he won't be doing much within the actual RP himself however he'll more than likely always be by Silithus' side.
Alright =]. It's looking better now. So I now declare you as Accepted!!