Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Pokemon RPG's » Anime-Style Battling League » ASB: Battles » Battle Archive

Battle Archive Once the dust has settled and the winner is clear, battles are sent here for your viewing pleasure. Feel free to look through the archives to brush up on your skills!

Closed Thread

Old 01-08-2013, 06:07 AM
Saraibre Ryu Offline
Drasconis Deviantus

Default Re: 5TailedDemonLizard vs. Narphoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3m0d0ll View Post

Hmm. I've always acted as though Chills disregarded Taunt. By the Compendium's logic, you couldn't have your Pokemon do nothing, as that doesn't cause damage, and you also couldn't have your Pokemon use a non-effective move (Thunderbolt on a Ground-type) since that doesn't do damage either.

If Breloom hadn't Chilled, she would've either had to go against her conditional, allow Chill to fail and do nothing (still going against the rules of Taunt), or I'd treat this like Sleep Talk and roll a random move.

That given, I feel I handled it as best I could, given my options. But, this isn't my battle; what do you two think?

Hmm... point there, however then that would create a loophole every time someone was taunted by something with a higher speed and they were ordered to use a non damaging move. XD I would think that Breloom wouldn't gain any/as much energy from the chill out of frustration? I know the actions of chill and do nothing are seperate things. That's just my two cents on it.

Sorry I stalk every battle. >>
Old 01-08-2013, 06:25 PM
3m0d0ll Offline

Send a message via AIM to 3m0d0ll Send a message via Skype™ to 3m0d0ll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saraibre Ryu View Post
Hmm... point there, however then that would create a loophole every time someone was taunted by something with a higher speed and they were ordered to use a non damaging move
That's partially the Point of Taunt, I suppose. Though, if a Pokemon was told to use Growl, then its faster opponent used Taunt, I Ref it as failing. The way Taunt was worded in the Compendium is what creates the loophole, not Taunt itself.

Last edited by 3m0d0ll; 01-10-2013 at 12:23 AM.
Old 01-08-2013, 07:47 PM
paperfairy Offline

Send a message via AIM to paperfairy Send a message via Skype™ to paperfairy

Taunt is purposely worded as "does not deal damage" to include Chills. Thunderbolt to a Ground type deals damage, but the Ground-type simply doesn't take damage from the move.

If you think about Taunt, it is Pokemon A taunting Pokemon B into an attacking frenzy; a Pokemon under a Taunt, methinks, would not try to conserve their energy.

How would I further clarify this?

Will always find their kind.
ASBL | twins with Jenn <3

Last edited by paperfairy; 01-08-2013 at 07:56 PM.
Old 01-08-2013, 08:38 PM
3m0d0ll Offline

Quote:
Originally Posted by paperfairy View Post
If you think about Taunt, it is Pokemon A taunting Pokemon B into an attacking frenzy; a Pokemon under a Taunt, methinks, would not try to conserve their energy.
A Pokemon in an attacking frenzy wouldn't not attack its opponent.
Old 01-08-2013, 09:05 PM
5TailedDemonLizard Offline

Just gonna pop in here and give my two cents since I'm a part of this battle. If Raxor taunted Deborah, I would ref it as if the pokemon would be taken aback that her trainer would even THINK of issuing an order that wouldn't deal damage, since that's all she wants to do at the time. In my opinion, it would fail. However, fail or not, it didn't make much of a difference in the battle so it doesn't really matter. I'll let SS come in with his opinion.

GCeA Blue|GCeA Silver

"Flying is learning to throw yourself at the ground and miss."

^Please click my eggs^

Click here for my other links!

Old 01-08-2013, 09:13 PM
Socratic Sarcasm Offline

I issued the order with the intent that it would fail without an Energy reduction if Chill were to be used. I saw that ruling in another ASB battle. I don't remember which one, but I think a Blissey was the Tauntee

On another note: I gotta get used to my new abbreviation...

Old 01-10-2013, 12:13 AM
3m0d0ll Offline

Alright guys. c: I'll make the necessary changes.

SS, could you post your moves please so I can Ref the next Round? :3
Old 01-10-2013, 01:17 AM
Socratic Sarcasm Offline

Sure.

You know Megan, you did me such a good favor at the beginning of this battle. You taught me that I should be very very thorough. I fully believe that one good turn deserves another.

Deborah, Spore. Then, let's see her Bounce away from Pop Poison of she's zzzing. If by some whim of a miracle she wakes up the second action, hit her with Spore again.

Spore~Pop Poison/Spore

Old 01-10-2013, 05:03 AM
3m0d0ll Offline

I V

-

5TailedDemonLizard

[Raxor] Sharpedo
Ability: Rough Skin.
Health: 72%
Energy: 53%
Screech~Ice Fang
No status.

Socratic Sarcasm

[Deborah] Breloom
Ability: Poison Heal.
Health: 40%
Energy: 69%
Spore~Pop Poison
No status.

Ready to take a “step” back and focus on the battle itself, rather than strictly inflicting damage, Raxor inhaled slightly, a normal breath, then let out a supersonic cry, exhaling harshly. A pressure was coming from his chest as the cry grew louder. Deborah couldn't help but cover her ears in agony, leaving her pressure points wide open for any oncoming assault.
[Screech: Raxor, -3% Energy; Deborah, -2 Def.]

Worried about her new vulnerability due to the Screech, Deborha decided that an unconscious enemy was the best enemy. Tilting her head down, she gathered small amounts of pollen from the flowers around her. The tiny, golden flakes appeared to be sucked into the red orb on her cap. She could taste a bitterness at the back of her throat as her body processed the pollen. Then, Deborah lifted her head up and let a shimmery, green, and odorless gas escape the gills of her mushroom. The green spores floated towards her Shark enemy. Raxor scoffed, 'What could some little green specks do to—to... *yawn* me...' and he then slowly drifted off to sleep.
[Spore: Deborah, -3% Energy]

Raxor heard muffled words, but was too absorbed in his Barboach-eating dream to pay much attention.
[Ice Fang: Failed]

Smiling somewhat evilly, Deborah knew that she was in for it when Raxor woke up... if he ever did; hitting him hard enough could cause this battle to end withing the next Round, something Deborah planned on. She, wanting to practice a move her trainer had just taught her, jumped in the air, tensing her body. Deborah then shot her body downwards, like a precisely aimed arrow, and headbutted Raxor with the lid of her mushroom cap. Upon impact, a large cloud of dark purple and fairly nauseating dust came from the pores on her head. Raxor let out a huge coughing fit in his sleep, but it didn't disturb his slumber.
[Pop Poison: Deborah, -7% Energy; Deborah, TXC; Deborah, -4% Health; Raxor, TXC]
[Toxic: Raxor, -2% Health; Deborah, +2% Health]

5TailedDemonLizard

[Raxor] Sharpedo
Health: 70%
Energy: 50%
Asleep @ 1; TXC @ 1.

Socratic Sarcasm

[Deborah] Breloom
Health: 38%
Energy: 59%
TXC @ 1; -2 Def.

-

Socratic Sarcasm, your moves, please.

Old 01-10-2013, 05:38 PM
Socratic Sarcasm Offline

Bulk Up, followed by Seed Bomb. If he wakes up at any time, use Spore. If he wakes up at anytime and uses Protect or Substitute, switch to Bulk Up. If he wakes up at anytime and uses Taunt, default to Seed Bomb.

Bulk Up/Spore/Seed Bomb~Seed Bomb/Bulk Up/Spore

EDIT NOTE: Merely changed the bold to match the paragraph.

Last edited by Socratic Sarcasm; 01-10-2013 at 06:14 PM.
Old 01-10-2013, 06:26 PM
5TailedDemonLizard Offline

Well that was interesting. Raxor, if you can hear me through your sleep, use Sleep Talk. If you wake up, use Bounce to avoid the Seed Bomb and deal some decent damage. I'm not going to bet on you opening your eyes any time soon though...

Sleep Talk/Bounce ~ Sleep Talk/Bounce

GCeA Blue|GCeA Silver

"Flying is learning to throw yourself at the ground and miss."

^Please click my eggs^

Click here for my other links!

Old 01-12-2013, 08:15 PM
3m0d0ll Offline

V

-

5TailedDemonLizard

[Raxor] Sharpedo
Energy: 50%
Sleep Talk~Sleep Talk
Asleep @ 1; TXC @ 1.

Socratic Sarcasm

[Deborah] Breloom
Health: 38%
Energy: 59%
Bulk Up~Seed Bomb
TXC @ 1; -2 Def.

Snoring loudly, Raxor heard something, some faint voice, enter his mind, "Sl—AncientPower!" Being a very loyal and aggressive Pokemon, he refused to let something as silly as deep sleep prevent him from losing this battle. He lifted his head upwards and a strange, mystical energy filled his open mouth. He could feel a small bit of pressure form just above his tongue. The small orb created its own gravitational-like pull, drawing in small dust fragments, growing larger and larger. Eventually, a soft ball sized, white, and glowing sphere was expelled from his muzzle. The slightly transparent rock flew towards Deborah, hitting her right in the stomach, knocking the wind out of her as she was slammed into the ground.
[Sleep Talk: Ancient Power: Deborah, -18% Health (critical hit); Raxor, -8% Energy]

Deborah, feeling slightly nauseous from that last attack, stood and thought to herself, 'I can't do this much longer...' She swayed a little bit, then gained control of herself. She tensed her muscles, letting a red aura form around her, making her body glow bright crimson. Her body bulged as she could feel her fighting spirit and endurance increase.
[Bulk Up: Deborah, -4% Energy; Deborah, +1 Att; Deborah, +1 Def]

Oblivious to the world outside his dreams, he heard another quiet command, "Slee—Blizzard!" Raxor grunted in his sleep, keeping a peaceful expression as he inhaled, letting the air become icy cold in his lungs, then spat the snow particles back towards Deborah. The ice hit her hard and she cried in pain, collapsing on the floor, large Xs over her eyes. Raxor snored in victory.
[Sleep Talk: Blizzard: Deborah, -25% Health; Raxor, -18% Energy]

5TailedDemonLizard

[Raxor] Sharpedo
Energy: 32%
Celebrating with a victory nap.

Socratic Sarcasm

[Deborah] Breloom
Health: -5%
Energy: 55%
KO'd.

-

See next post regarding payment.

Old 01-12-2013, 08:19 PM
3m0d0ll Offline

5TailedDemonLizard wins $10.
Socratic Sarcasm wins $5
Velocity receives $5 for Reffing one Round.
3m0d0ll receives $20 for Reffing four Rounds.

Last edited by 3m0d0ll; 01-12-2013 at 08:31 PM.
Closed Thread