Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Pokemon Main Boards » Pokemon: X and Y

Pokemon: X and Y Discuss the upcoming games Pokemon X and Pokemon Y here. Be sure to label posts with spoilers and use spoiler tags when necessary.

Old 01-08-2013, 05:42 PM
mintjelly Offline
Father Cat

Send a message via AIM to mintjelly Send a message via Skype™ to mintjelly
Default Re: Pokemon X and Y Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Judge Dredd View Post
I really agree with this, im surprised they didnt go with a remake first. Ruby and Sapphire really need to get a remake already. I am hoping they didnt rush these pokemon.. because I really felt like the designs of the fifth gen pokemon were very poor.
Chespin seems rushed to me; it looks like a grass version of Oshawott.
I hope they don't make a million Pokemon that look like Oshawott, just like they did with Pikachu.

Spoiler:

There's a reason why I don't like any of those Pokemon...

Shun the non-believer
Old 01-08-2013, 05:44 PM
Master Aqua Offline

Send a message via AIM to Master Aqua Send a message via MSN to Master Aqua

Quote:
Originally Posted by Judge Dredd View Post
I really agree with this, im surprised they didnt go with a remake first. Ruby and Sapphire really need to get a remake already. I am hoping they didnt rush these pokemon.. because I really felt like the designs of the fifth gen pokemon were very poor.
I think they were waiting to go into the 3DS platform before they remake RSE, so they can really go the extra mile with it.
Old 01-08-2013, 05:47 PM
Typhlosion Explosion Offline
~Blast Burn

Send a message via AIM to Typhlosion Explosion Send a message via Skype™ to Typhlosion Explosion

People keep saying it looks like Grass Oshawott but I seriously can't see it. At all. xD

They did Pikachu "remakes" because kids who idolize Pikachu faint over it. xD I like all of them, though. They're cute. :3
Old 01-08-2013, 05:48 PM
mintjelly Offline
Father Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Master Aqua View Post
I think they were waiting to go into the 3DS platform before they remake RSE, so they can really go the extra mile with it.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6c_0Ccb4hpA

This is 3D.
When I can see that scene in 3D, my life will be completed.

Shun the non-believer
Old 01-08-2013, 06:10 PM
Charmander009 Offline
WFL Official

Send a message via AIM to Charmander009

So, this is Char's reaction:

It's. So. Beautiful.... ;O;

Seems like people will always complain about the newest Pokemon designs, but honestly, right now I'm very excited with the fact that EVERYTHING IS IN FREAKIN' BEAUTIFUL 3D!!! I have wanted this to happen for soooooo long--the battle's look like they'll be much more exciting, and exploration looks way more fun! I think that the fire and grass starters are adorable x3 (The first nice Fire-starter we've had in generations that ISN"T half fighting, woot!) This is pretty big, guys--can't believe it's going to come out this year world-wide! We're definitely moving in a new direction here, and so far I'm really excited with it :D

I wonder what the female hero's gonna look like, though :o

Old 01-08-2013, 06:14 PM
~Blast Burn

Send a message via AIM to Typhlosion Explosion Send a message via Skype™ to Typhlosion Explosion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charmander009 View Post

Seems like people will always complain about the newest Pokemon designs, but honestly, right now I'm very excited with the fact that EVERYTHING IS IN FREAKIN' BEAUTIFUL 3D!!! I have wanted this to happen for soooooo long--the battle's look like they'll be much more exciting, and exploration looks way more fun! I think that the fire and grass starters are adorable x3 (The first nice Fire-starter we've had in generations that ISN"T half fighting, woot!) This is pretty big, guys--can't believe it's going to come out this year world-wide! We're definitely moving in a new direction here, and so far I'm really excited with it :D

So beautiful it had to be double posted. :'D

I agree! Finally, someone not ripping on these beautiful pieces of work. I love Gen V and now Gen VI!

Gen 2 > Gen 5 > Gen 6 > Gen 1 > Gen IV > Gen III

<3

I love the newer games. Genwunners ruin everything and are such downers. :(
Old 01-08-2013, 06:16 PM
Judge Dredd Offline
Master of Shadows

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charmander009 View Post

Im not complaining about the design yet...but I will be when they come out

Dragonair: 33054
Dragonite: 33129
Level100: 33264

GCEA Link Page Pokemon Evolution List

Old 01-08-2013, 06:39 PM
goldwynaut Offline

To be honest, out of what i have seen so far, this isnt too shabby, aside from the fact that nintendo decided to name the water starter FROGGY!!!!!1. I think i am going to choose the boy, it sort of bring up memories of pokemon red and blue to play as a minimalistic dude with a baseball cap, the fact that one of the main "aspects" of pokemon X and Y is that they are localized and released at the same time all across the world makes me think that all the cities are going to be based off a country's capital, like London, Tokyo, Stöckholm, Washington D.C?? Moskva, maybe even Cairo, the shift from sprites to models are obviously going to be taking a long time for gamefreak, since they have had the option to do that since generation 3, but kept using sprites since they were "charming"[1], but it had to happen sometime, all the notable games are in 3D now, so why wouldn't pokémon be as well?

This of course, means that pokemon wont resemble the past generations anymore.
Old 01-08-2013, 06:58 PM
mintjelly Offline
Father Cat

Hey, I found something that I think is funny, in regards to X and Y.

Spoiler:

It looks quite similar to me.

Shun the non-believer

Last edited by mintjelly; 01-08-2013 at 07:00 PM.
Old 01-08-2013, 07:03 PM
~Blast Burn

Quote:
Originally Posted by mintjelly View Post
Hey, I found something that I think is funny, in regards to X and Y.

Spoiler:

It looks quite similar to me.
Everyone says the X Legendary looks like a whole lot of different things...xD

I don't really see them. It's so original though it looks nothing like what everyone says. XD
Old 01-08-2013, 07:35 PM
Steak Offline
WFL Official

Send a message via AIM to Steak

X and Y...is this game about birthin' babies?
Seriously though.

Gen 4 was space and time, Gen 5 was truth and ideals, wonder what they'll do this time around. X and Y could literally be referring to chromosomes, in a vague/indirect way or otherwise, which could mean that this game's theme could be life and death, or more likely beginnings and ends, or birth and decay, something like that.

also they didn't name the water starter 'Froggy' what on earth are you even talking about
Old 01-08-2013, 08:38 PM
Etymology Offline
~VRAAHBRBRBR!~

Send a message via AIM to Etymology

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tombi
Also, it looks like they're not adding in a whole new gen of Pokemon which is a plus.
I think you're mistaken - why do you assume this? If it's the lack of new Pokemon in the trailer, of course they're not going to spoil anything for us so soon. I expect we'll get at least another 100+ Pokemon.

I think I'll pick Froakie when it finally comes around. :) I always loved the frog Pokemon and a team of Froakie, Politoed and Palpitoad seems boss. 8]

So stoked that it's a world-wide release too! Game Freak must have been working on this for ages! :o

Also, the third version seems pretty easy to predict - Pokemon Z, and the legendary will be a snake. ;)

I'm really hoping these are backwards compatible, too. Would love to transfer old Pokemon over!

Another neat little easter egg about the legendary Pokemon:

Their pupils are in the same shape as the letter of the game they represent. :3

Last edited by Etymology; 01-08-2013 at 09:21 PM.
Old 01-08-2013, 10:02 PM
Pokemon Trainer Sarah Offline
Expecto Patronum!

Send a message via AIM to Pokemon Trainer Sarah Send a message via MSN to Pokemon Trainer Sarah

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tombi View Post
Personally, I was devastated during the first watch of the trailer, then I watched it again and perked up, and then again, and then again and I feel miles better and more excited. I think a big part of me is mourning the loss of the traditional style games
Same here! The first thing I thought was "waaah no more sprites! :(". It doesn't really seem like Pokemon anymore. I actually didn't think the graphics were THAT brilliant (The Pokemon looked great, but the humans not so much). But either way, I couldn't help but be excited about the 3D battles and wild Pokemon encounters. Not to mention all the new Pokemon we can expect soon!

Edit: Anyone think this game could work better on the WiiU? I dunno, 3D Pokemon just doesn't seem to belong on a handheld!

Last edited by Pokemon Trainer Sarah; 01-08-2013 at 10:05 PM.
Old 01-08-2013, 10:11 PM
Grassy_Aggron Offline
Nutjob Personified

Send a message via AIM to Grassy_Aggron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cobalt Shadow View Post
It works fine for me?

And I understand how all the legends add the to the storyline and everything, but sometimes you need to draw a line. Hopefully they don't do too many, but I have my doubts.
Crystal. Deer. Legendary. Dark/Psychic, it has to be. Only regret is it's Legendary so I can't hoard it like I do Aggron >.>'

The other is probably Dark/Flying?

I just...I don't know how to react to this. I was hoping for a gen 3 remake, and I still feel it's too soon for a new generation, but, well, not complaining. The only one I'm unimpressed with is Chespin - only time will tell how I feel about it.

Froakie and Fennekin...Squee. Cryseer (totally giving it a nickname right now) is fabulous, and Glovian (another nickname) is mean lookin'.

Mufufufufufu...
Old 01-08-2013, 10:13 PM
Sheepat Offline

Can't wait xD I honestly have no idea which starter I'll pick...

Here's a question: With the introduction of things being completely 3D, will we be able to transfer our Pokemon to this gen?