Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Other Boards » Other Chat

Other Chat For non-Pokemon discussion on everything else. For casual talk only, any more serious topics such as current events, should be in the Discussion. You can talk about anything else that is not covered in the other "Other Boards" that are above.

Old 01-05-2013, 07:30 PM
goldwynaut Offline

Default Re: Daily Chit Chat

Maybe he's just misunderstood, you should take care of him extra much because he isn't accepted by the other dogs.
Old 01-05-2013, 11:39 PM
Dragotech Offline

A lotta cute little animals.
Personally I prefer big Dogs
But yeah... they are adorable.

Edit: I saw this and couldn't help it
September 28, 1820 - To prove that a tomato is not poisonous, Colonel Robert Gibbon Johnson eats one in public in Salem, Massachusetts.
Don't believe me, see yourself!

Last edited by Dragotech; 01-06-2013 at 06:15 AM.
Old 01-06-2013, 12:54 PM
goldwynaut Offline

People in europe thought the potato came from hell and therefore didn't eat it, even if it could save their lives.
Old 01-06-2013, 01:06 PM
Dark Moonlight Offline

Why does nobody have anything against bananas? I hate bananas and want to find more haters :<

Spoiler:
Old 01-06-2013, 01:16 PM
Typhlosion Explosion Offline
~Blast Burn

Send a message via AIM to Typhlosion Explosion Send a message via Skype™ to Typhlosion Explosion

Society thinks everything is bad. xD Depends on what it is though.

Chocolate/Ice Cream is bad if eaten like, three times a day in huge amounts, but it can make you feel better as a comfort food.

Bread is essential in everyday diet but it will raise the glucose in your blood if eaten too much. No bred/carbs causes weight loss.

A little wine every now and then is good for the heart, but too much of any alcohol causes brain, liver, and kidney damage.

I would say something about cannabis, but I can't find anything bad...

Weed eases nausea, slows tumor growth in cancer patients, has antispasmodic qualities that prevent seizures, cures migraines (over 300,000 cases have been cured in California), treats symptoms of multiple sclerosis and glaucoma, slows tics in tourettes and OCD, is better for ADD and ADHD than ritalin, good for IBS and crohns because it stops nausea, abdominal pain and diarrhea, works to prevent Alzheimer's, eases pains from PMS and much more. Even grows brain cells.

WHY ARE PEOPLE HATIN' ON CANNABIS

But yeah. I don't know where I went with that.

EDIT: omg this would make a good discussion thread

Last edited by Typhlosion Explosion; 01-06-2013 at 01:31 PM.
Old 01-06-2013, 02:12 PM
goldwynaut Offline

the bad thing about weed is that it is often mixed with tobacco, which is bad, it also contains tar, apparently, but since i dont know what they mean by "tar" it probably isnt very harmful, it may also cause serotonin poisoning, which is deadly, but thats only if you smoke A LOT of weed. But if you look away from that, weed is mostly a medicine.
Old 01-06-2013, 02:38 PM
Cobalt Shadow Offline

Send a message via MSN to Cobalt Shadow Send a message via Skype™ to Cobalt Shadow

I just finished watching the last episode of merlin.
Spoiler:
Now I am sad :( Why did Arthur have to die! WHY?! At first I liked Mordred, and Aithusa. Then they go bad. WHY!?!
So yeah, me sad now.

Dragotech, Eternal Moonlight and I are the PE2k Wolf Pack! Fear Fredward the Sparklepire, Bidoof the Soulless and Slenderfairy!
Banner Made by Me
Old 01-06-2013, 02:50 PM
~Blast Burn

Send a message via AIM to Typhlosion Explosion Send a message via Skype™ to Typhlosion Explosion

Actually, there is no tar in weed. And I don't think you can get serotonin poisoning if there is no serotonin in or produced from weed. xD

Don't believe ANYTHING anti-drug companies, associations, organizations, etc tell you about any drug. They just want to draw you away from it. Schools are also terrible information for drugs. My middle school actually fooled people into believing rocket fuel was in cigarettes.

The tetrahydrocannabinol (THC) reacts with anandamide though, which causes the soothing sensation marijuana provides. Dopamine also aids in this.

As the chart said, there are no deaths in history from cannabis. You can't really overdose on marijuana because you'll fall asleep first. And it'd be so expensive to get THAT much weed.

*notices Cobalt's post finally*

What's a merlin

Last edited by Typhlosion Explosion; 01-06-2013 at 02:55 PM.
Old 01-06-2013, 04:19 PM
3m0d0ll Offline

Send a message via AIM to 3m0d0ll Send a message via Skype™ to 3m0d0ll

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldwynaut View Post

the bad thing about weed is that it is often mixed with tobacco, which is bad, it also contains tar, apparently, but since i dont know what they mean by "tar" it probably isnt very harmful, it may also cause serotonin poisoning, which is deadly, but thats only if you smoke A LOT of weed. But if you look away from that, weed is mostly a medicine.
You're a damn idiot.

THC has more carcinogens than tobacco, so it doesn't cure cancer, it causes respiratory cancer. That's why people have created alternate ways to smoke it (edibles, vaping, etc), rather than just in a pipe. As with any kind of smoke, it's hard on your body; if you stand over a fireplace everyday for a few years and don't have respiratory issues, then good on you, buddy. Marijuana causes existing cancer to go into remission, but doesn't cure it. Nobody has found a cure to cancer yet. Marijuana helps with nausea and the lack of appetite that chemotherapy is often paired with. That's why it's recommended for cancer patients.

Since it does contain more carcinogens than tobacco, it's caused cancer, but since 1) people who smoke weed often smoke fags/drink alcohol, it's hard to say, "Yes, marijuana caused this person's ailment," 2) Marijuana activists don't study the long term effects of marijuana and how it effects your body, so we don't know what it does to people in the long run. People who say, "My medicine never killed anybody!" need to get a damn reality check.

While marijuana isn't physically addictive (i.e. you won't go though withdraw), but, as with most things, it is psychologically addictive. For example, let's say you drove to work every day for five years. But your car got stolen, so you'll have to bus to and from the office for a few weeks. While on the bus, as you're in a new and uncomfortable situation, you may be irritable, depressed, moody, short-tempered, and so on. Sure, if you tried hard enough, you could be yourself, but instinct says to react harshly to the new situation. Marijuana is addictive using the same principle that says video games are addictive.

The fact that Marijuana is illegal and not seen by the US Federal Government as a medicine is what causes it to be "public enemy no. 1." Cocaine and heroin have medical uses (pain, anti-depressants, etc), which is why they're not seen as such a threat compared marijuana. Bud costs our country millions of dollars a year, as it's the DEA's first priority. That WILL NOT change until the marijuana prohibition ends and I believe that to be fact.

Alcohol doesn't cause you to be depressed, though it is a depressant; it slows your central nervous system so you function, think, process, move half as quickly. It doesn't cause depression. Now, I will say that alcoholics are often depressed, isolated people, but in my anecdotal opinion gathered from family members and people in AA meetings, they're depressed because they're alcoholics, because they pushed their families away with their addiction, because they lost their house or car, or because they were driving drunk and hurt someone. Their addiction is what caused them to be depressed, not the alcohol itself. The alcohol's effects end when your body metabolizes it, thus if this picture was even partially accurate, you wouldn't be depressed once you sobered up.

It's impossible to grow/create brain cells. Period.

There are only two correct statements in that chart. If people would exercise their damn ability to Google, they would know this. Lack of critical thinking is toxic, in my opinion. People should never believe what they hear outright. Research it. Find other unbiased sources. Think. Research some more. People always want a quick fact, rather than challenging what they're told. It's irresponsible, lazy, and idiotic. You're wasting that ten-pound organ in your head if you just walk around blind, believing everything you hear. It's utterly pathetic. For once in your life, just think. It honestly isn't that hard.

On a side note, GW, why the hell did you post something so controversial in this thread?
Old 01-06-2013, 05:21 PM
goldwynaut Offline

Calm down 3m0d0l, there is no need for any personal attacks, i am aware that you cant grow brain cells unless you have cancer, what is mean by "grow brain cells" is obviously that weed affects brain activity in some way, i don't know, i'm not a doctor.

If weed isn't exceptionally addictive, then why are you so strongly against it? even water kills, on average, one person dies every year from water intoxication, and all humans need water to live.

Alcohol has no positive effects, it causes memory loss, dizzyness, blurry vision, nausea, and the list goes on, 79.000 people on average dies from alcohol poisoning each year, and that is from simply consuming too much alcohol, even more people die if you also include the results of drunk driving, drunk violence, drunk suicide and drunk self injury
Old 01-06-2013, 05:57 PM
3m0d0ll Offline

Send a message via AIM to 3m0d0ll Send a message via Skype™ to 3m0d0ll

Quote:
Calm down 3m0d0l
There's a special place in hell for people who tell others to calm down during a debate. I'm completely calm. Maybe slightly irritated at consistent stupidity regarding the marijuana prohibition, but that's hardly to do with this particular argument.

Quote:
there is no need for any personal attacks
This wasn't meant to be a personal attack towards you, more of an expressed irritation at all the stoners that give other stoners a bad name by spreading these biased lies.

Quote:
i am aware that you cant grow brain cells unless you have cancer, what is mean by "grow brain cells" is obviously that weed affects brain activity in some way, i don't know, i'm not a doctor.
wut.

No; growing brain cells means exactly that, and it's impossible. Brain cells don't multiply - you're born with X and the number can only decrease. You can increase the density of your neural pathways, but that has nothing to do with the number of brain cells.

Everything alters the way your brain works. Everything in the entire universe. Specific food, such as turkey and chocolate, tell our brain to release dopamine, which is why chocolate is a stereotypical comfort food.

TCH is a psychedelic, so it doesn't necessarily increase or decrease CNS activity. A person's reaction depends entirely on the user and their expectations, past experiences, reasons for taking it, and other personal factors. Psychedelics are absolutely the safest drugs you can use, as weed, psilocybin mushrooms, and LSD are the three least harmful drugs, respectively.

Quote:
If weed isn't exceptionally addictive, then why are you so strongly against it?
HAHAHAHAHA. You clearly don't know me well at all. xD

Quote:
Alcohol has no positive effects
Incorrect. As I said earlier, alcohol is a depressant, which means it slows neurotransmission (neurons "talking" to one another). This can be very relaxing to some and this helps many people. Of course, anything is bad when used excessively (even water, according to your previous post). You need to be able to moderate yourself.

Quote:
it causes memory loss, dizzyness, blurry vision, nausea, and the list goes on
I put a line through the differences between being drunk and being high.

noticethelackofstrikes.

Quote:
79.000 people on average dies from alcohol poisoning each year, and that is from simply consuming too much alcohol, even more people die if you also include the results of drunk driving, drunk violence, drunk suicide and drunk self injury
How many people do you think have died because they were driving while high? I , personally, know two that have been in car crashes, though thankfully no deaths.

If you're drunk and you think you're okay to drive, you're an idiot and you have no business being around other people because you're a danger to yourself and others. Same principal to people who are stoned. You're impaired. Don't get into a two ton vehicle. It's not a complicated concept.
Old 01-06-2013, 06:31 PM
Sealboy Offline

Send a message via AIM to Sealboy Send a message via MSN to Sealboy Send a message via Skype™ to Sealboy

Face it, you're all wrong.

I AM THE CURE TO EVERYTHING.

Thank you.

~Sealboy

Click the image above to check out my YouTube Channel - it'd mean a lot.
Old 01-06-2013, 06:31 PM
~Blast Burn

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3m0d0ll
There's a special place in hell for people who tell others to calm down during a debate.
Not sure if you were trying to be funny, but I lolololol'd. xD

I wanna say that the annual deaths of pot is zero, but people do buzzed drive. I don't think you can class that as fault of the pot, or something, I really can't explain. Deaths purely from marijuana are zero, but deaths that led from marijuana aren't. Crashes, cancer from smoke, etc aren't purely the fault of marijuana though.

As Jenn said, you can connect neurons in the brain and increase the density, but not the number. Animals develop connects in their neurons by physical activity. The process is called neurogenesis, literally meaning the birth of neurons. Studies have shown that the use of cannabinoids can grow new nerve cells (not brain cells) in the hippocampus from stem cells.

I don't think she's against it...Not in the least of what I've collected from Jenn. xDDD

Marijuana causes short-term memory loss. Dizziness, blurry vision, and in some cases nausea of course result from the use. Most people who've used it in some way know that...Not saying I have, not saying I haven't.

There certainly are deaths from driving buzzed, like driving on any sort of impairment. Most users don't even seem impaired on road tests. Marijuana can also heighten senses in some. Cannabis drivers often are slower, the opposite of drunk drivers.

There's actually a ton of differences between being drunk and being high...xD You're more calm and cool on marijuana, and more violent on alcohol. This is just the typical case however, not true for all users.

If alcohol had no benefits, people wouldn't consume it and it'd be outlawed. Jenn basically covered that.

You should never drive/operate machinery/do dangerous things impaired. Neverevervevrvevrever.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sealboy View Post
Face it, you're all wrong.

Thank you.

~Sealboy
*takes a hit of Sealboy*
Old 01-06-2013, 07:11 PM
Dragotech Offline

*lolz for thirty minutes*
*takes a moment to look at the above posts*
Okay so what are we talking about?
Old 01-06-2013, 07:19 PM
Sealboy Offline

Send a message via AIM to Sealboy Send a message via MSN to Sealboy Send a message via Skype™ to Sealboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragotech View Post
Okay so what are we talking about?
This:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sealboy View Post
So, like I said:

Which proves that Mooriguana (also known as Weeze, not Weed (the fake term for it)) is a conspiracy to keep the alien race in our toilets.

~Sealboy

Click the image above to check out my YouTube Channel - it'd mean a lot.