Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Interactive Boards » Role Play » Role Play Sign Ups & Discussion

Role Play Sign Ups & Discussion Sign up for and discuss Role Plays here. Have anything to ask about a Role Play you're in, or need to put up extra info for people to refer to? What if you need help with an idea that's missing that extra kick? Do it all here!

Old 01-05-2013, 03:46 AM
Winter Offline

Send a message via Skype™ to Winter
Default Re: Modern Mythology [SU/DS]

Luca looks good, Doodle...even if I will be reminded of my cat continually when I see his name. XD And lol, I don't think Laura would be the only one with that mindset, so don't feel as though you can't go with a character with a similar mindset just because I SUed for that kind of character first.

Banner by me! | My dA | My FF.Net
Old 01-05-2013, 07:01 AM
Saraibre Ryu Offline
Drasconis Deviantus

Okay lame history aside, I done Winter.
Old 01-05-2013, 07:07 PM
Sealboy Offline

Send a message via AIM to Sealboy Send a message via MSN to Sealboy Send a message via Skype™ to Sealboy

I'm interested - would you mind reserving me a spot please? I don't know when I'll have an SU done by - I have exams coming up and the last one is on the 17th, so hopefully I can get it done before, but most likely afterwards.

Well done in bringing me out-of-hiding within the RP board Wints ;D

~Sealboy

Click the image above to check out my YouTube Channel - it'd mean a lot.
Old 01-05-2013, 10:55 PM
Dragotech Offline

I have had interest in this RP since it showed up, I haven't asked for a reservation due to a few unrelated things.
I will have to ask two questions first
First of all, I will dissappear in May for 18 weeks which, unless I just fail at math, is about 6 months for Basic Training and MOS training, so I need to check that that is okay. This was my primary reason for not already having an SU posted.
I also want to check to make sure dragons are welcome here.

If you are okay with my dissappearance, then I would like to make a reservation.

Edit: Correction my math is wrong.
3-4 months

Last edited by Dragotech; 01-05-2013 at 11:45 PM.
Old 01-06-2013, 01:14 AM
Moofius Offline

Alright just popping in hoping to reserve a spot in this if that's alright? I'm going to start making a character but we're going to leave to see the Hobbit in about 10 minutes so, yeah.

I doubt~ I'll get a reply before I get back but any mythology is good, yes? My friend dragged me into Norse mythology ( a biiit don't quote me, half proper mythology half "Marvel-what-are-you-doing-well-okay" ) and I'd love to do like a frost giant or something but I'm not sure if that's really allowed since they'refromadifferentrealmentirelyorwhat?

hsajdka, Yeah okay so that's my question. If there's no reply to this by the time I get back I'll just make two characters and probably only take on one unless you feel like you guys are full and in that case no worries and stuff, okay. Yup.
Old 01-06-2013, 03:23 AM
Winter Offline

Sorry for the time it's taken me to reply, guys, but I had to get back on a plane to go home, and then I just kind of hit rock bottom and fell asleep not long after I got home. XD

Sabi, Ira looks pretty and her SU looks fine. Accepted.

It's nice to see you coming out of hiding, Seal! Of course you can have a reserve.

Dragotech, as long as you feel that you can catch up after your absence and don't leave anyone depending on your character's reaction to anything (because that kills RPs), you are welcome to join, leave, and come back.

Also, I'm going to merge yours and Moofius's questions here; I don't care what mythological creatures you bring in so long as you can explain what they are, make sure they aren't overpowered (look over other SUs for ideas, if you need to), and can also explain how they stay hidden from normal humans (be this by glamour, a secondary human form, or whatever else you can think of as long as you can explain it). Everything is free game, as long as you can explain those three things.

Old 01-06-2013, 08:08 AM
Moofius Offline

Thank you for the quick reply. Also here's my character, hope everything's cool. Watch me jack the frost giants from the movie Thor, whoop whoop.

Name: Sopi Jarnsmidrson (Mouthful Iron-Works-Son) (People he knows call him “Soapy” and he’s very okay with this)
Age: 1050 –ish Earth years (comparable to a man in his mid to late 30s if he was human)
Race: Jotunn or Frost Giant of Jotunnheimr
Affiliation: Whatever Side Will Get It Sorted The Quickest

Appearance:
Disguised: He tends to stand out even disguised, standing a good foot over the tallest member of any crowd. If he is not 7 feet tall he is near on, with dark, almost black, skin with slightly darker scar tissue across his lips. His eyes are an icey blue and he has no hair except thick, salt-and-pepper eyebrows. He has some wrinkles around his face, mostly frown lines. Outside of frowns in emotes very little. He is not often seen with other people, living far from the public eye. When he is around other people he is often dressed in plaid and jeans, covered in soot and wood shavings.

Naturally: His height and overall physique remains the same, the most obvious change being skin tone, going from a dark black to a dusty blue-grey colour. Lines of raised skin would also decorate his body, the lines running mostly in pairs in large, sweeping designs, they would be everywhere including his face but not enough to make it “busy”.

Eyes would be red, the sclera a slightly darker shade than the irises.

He also possess two small, brown horns that start above his temples and grow close to his skull, circling around to the back to meet in two equally delicate points (like a little horn circlet {if you call it that he might not be too impressed though}).

His mouth would possess more, slimmer, pointed teeth, like an unkempt picket fence. In the privacy of his home (and the occasional winter storm) he prefers to go about in a loin cloth of brown leather.

Personality:
Sopi is a very quiet man who prefers to be on his own. He pretty much disapproves of all change but does not fight whatever changes come for he is use to it after being around for so long.

Because he is long lived he is not a man to be rushed through anything. If he is given time to figure something out he can be quite pleasant but in today's society he finds his fuse to be a short one indeed.

He does not speak often but when he does it is usually for some time. He has a very long memory but, as was the traditional way of the giants, his teachings and his memories he has created as stories and this is how he tends to pass on any information, whether you ask how his day is or how to perform a task he will start it as a story.

Although solitary he does enjoy a team environment so long as it functions. If it doesn’t seem to be working he may try to make it work. Being as big and strong as he is it’s not uncommon for him to use this to intimidate people into line. If another proves to possess a stronger will then he, one that can control the group, he will gladly fall into place and be quite loyal.

Sopi likes to avoid conflict and, when not an option, generally takes the shortest path to resolution. He doesn't mind sacrificing his own comfort he just wants to keep people happy and quiet. In this conflict he will likely go with whoever (or whatever) plans to make things fixed quickly and with the least amount of change if possible.

History:
He was born after the war on Midgard had ended but his family and a few other giants had been left behind. They were not warriors, only the families or colonies that had not been brought back to Jotunheimr when the war had been swiftly ended by Odin. They did not have the power to take over (and Odin would not allow the attempt) so the remaining frost giants moved to the furthest edges of human contact and tried to get along.

Sopi has lived his entire life on Midgard and considers it home. He was vocal about this and many other thoughts such as his desire to be human and his love of their ingenuity. His father gave him the scars around his mouth when he was still quite young and he became very quiet after that. Not long after he left home.

He tried to integrate with humans but his disguise and the age he lived in made this very difficult in northern Europe since he towered over everyone and the colour of his skin, blue or black, did not sit well with the fearful and uneducated masses. Because of this he tends to keep mostly to himself even though things have improved in the last century.

Weapons/Abilities:
- Ice Sword: He can form an ice blade around either hand. It’s quite strong and, if broken, can be easily “regrown” quite quickly (not instant though). Weakened in warm environs.

-Ice, Just Ice: He can also have ice form on any part of his body and along the ground and in spires, though this is limited by about 7 feet and needs to be connected to him (IE: If he wants an ice spire seven feet from him he must first form ice under/around his feet, create a line along the ground and then push the ice upwards, not just... have a spire grow, wabam!). This sort of power is weak in warm places.

- Transformation: He can change his shape (most obviously noted in his human form, which is easy to maintain). He can shift into animals he knows which runs the risk of him losing himself as the more basic animal mind sort of passively, sneakily fights for control. He can control his actions but the longer he remains as a beast the more likely it is he might forget he’s a 7 foot tall blue guy and just remain as whatever animal he is. High stress situations could make transformations back more difficult.

- Strength (Super Human): Sopi is a pretty buff guy and also from an alien race (essentially) so he's pretty tough. Anyone with some strength behind them can break his ice and Sopi has no trouble breaking through his super-dense frozen water.

- Cold Resist: He loves the cold and would happily spend the winter mostly naked if that wouldn't have people seriously wondering about their neighbour. Also he tends to turn blue when it's really cold out, unable to keep up the human guise. He can't use his powers without turning blue where the ice touches.
Countering this he cannot stand the heat and becomes easily sunburned. Also, doesn't sweat he sits and pants and is a miserable person in the summer.

- Cold Body: If he's blue and feeling threatened/upset I wouldn't suggest touching him unless you like frostbite. He does have to feel threatened or incredibly angry for this to occur, so he does not have control over outside of controlling his mood.

Other:
He identifies as male but is functional as both male and female in the genitalia sense. There is no gender division in the frost giants, all are male and female (unless they choose to take on only one gender which is uncommon). When he refers to his “father” that would technically be his mother. Sopi does not know his “sire” and even after all these years finds the "nuclear" human family unit strange.

Also not immortal, but they do have a long lifespan.

Has a "respect the land" mentality and dislikes big cities.

Last edited by Moofius; 01-06-2013 at 08:14 AM.
Old 01-06-2013, 10:36 AM
Dragotech Offline

In advance... Sorry about all the reading in this SU.

Name: Lisa Blackeye

Age: She isn't sure... Old enough to remember the Civil War... She figures she is about 200 years old. She assumes that isn't old for a dragon since she only looks about twenty-ish in human form.

Race: Western Dragon-An overgrown, winged lizard famous for its fire. Tales of this creature hail from Europe.
Subtype: Unnamed
-Dragons have a ridiculously long life-span, and they age slowly, so they can live for about a hundred years and not really look much older.
-A dragon's growth peaks at early ages. After about thirty to fourty years, their growth rates drop dramatically.
-Dragons are naturally resiliant creatures.
-Dragons do have access to some magics, but very few understand that they can use it.
-Dragons are carnivorous.
-Dragons are naturally cold-blooded
-Dragons have many varieties.
-Dragons of her variety, have a flexible enough bone structure to shift stance from four legs to two legs. This is not comfortable but possible. They tend to prefer the four legged stance. They can also modify their fifth finger into an opposable thumb. Again this in uncomfortable, but is possible. It also has more extremes to its ageing process as well as its growing process.

Affiliation: Dragons show fealty to none! She currently does not affiliate herself with anyone. She herself is not fond of secrecy, but the idea of being shot out of the sky on sight is not pleasing either.

Appearance: As a dragon, she has black scales. She could be considered a small dragon. She is about fifteen feet long, but half of it is tail. With a four foot stance she can look a six-foot tall man in the eye. She weighs about a ton though she won't admit it. She has a thirty foot wingspan, so her ability to get in the air is relatively unquestionable. Her back legs are actually longer than her front legs, but it isn't noticeable unless she switches her posture because it requires a shift in her leg bones and hip bones. When she switches to a Bipedal stance she is over ten feet tall with short but muscled legs. Whichever stance she decided to occupy, she has a muscular, thin frame.
The transition from human to dragon is extremely painful. It can also take a long time. This is her transition phase. She uses it if she needs to get around faster or is threatened. She typically has to feel very threatened or actually need to get somewhere in a hurry. Life-or-Death situation type things. She will stand at about eight feet tall, have a four foot long tail, and a ten foot wingspan. She will have black scales. It is easier to get to this phase from human form or dragon form.
In her human form, she is a over five feet tall, so she is not terribly short. She looks like an athlete because she retains some of her muscular frame. Dragons don't produce milk because they are reptilian, so she doesn't have those on her chest even in human form. She has pale skin. She doesn't look like she sees the sun often. Her eye color is red. She explains that she uses contacts with that tint as a cover-up. She has black hair. It is short and spiked as it is every morning. She manages to comb out the scale-like flakes, so her hair looks human. Her teeth are also pointed, so she doesn't open her mouth often in public. She would go barefoot, but she has to put something on her feet to look normal. She is typically wearing flip-flops. She wears jeans that look worn and ripped. She also wears t-shirts. Aside from that she looks like your average young adult. This is also the form she will stay in for most of the time.

Personality: She has a two mindsets. One is primitive, cold, and reptilian, but the other is fairly human. She normally does not use her reptilian mind-set, but she can regardless of form. It is vicious and purely self-preserving. It does not show emotion aside from fear and the lack of fear. If it does not attack, it does not care you exist. It is not capable of love. It will never like you, it will only put-up-with you at best.
The other mindset is fairly human. She has and can display each emotion. This is where her personality matters. She has already hit the age where she is capable and has the desire to find a mate. She does not feel an attraction to male humans, and any dragons left in the world will be well hidden amongst the population. Needless to say, she feels alone in the world. She knows she will easily outlive human friends. She avoids that pain by not meeting aquaintances. These last for awhile, but she eventually gets sick of them, and she can't exactly hide the lack of ageing to her body. She can't exactly tell people that she isn't human. This secret burdens her heart. She can't make actual friends, and she has to move away often. The simplest word to describe her is lonely. On first appearance she will seems antisocial, but by nature she is friendly, and even a little childish. Unlike the typical mythology she isn't led by greed, and she doesn't see much value in paper money. She is passionate, but she doesn't know about what. She also, like many of her kind, is prideful. She loves the sky and wishes to roam its currents freely. She knows that she simply can't and that is sad to her.

History: Lisa knows that she hatched from an egg. She does not know when or where. She, like a lot of her race in those days, seemed to be abandoned somewhere. She does not remember much as events, but she holds a slight scar of abandonment. She knows she was self-sufficient, and capable of surviving without assisstance. She could remember some certain events from early on. She discovered Winter. It had nearly killed her, but she fortunately learned of her own abilities with fire. She remembered this because it seemed to happen in a cycle. It was hot, and then it cooled, and then it was cold, and then warmer, and then hot again. She was able to survive it, but she didn't like the cold times. Several cycles later, she discovered what could be a new food source, or rather the new food source found her. She was still at a tender age, so they were a little big too her. They stood upright on two legs and had little fur. She was outnumbered, so her better judgement was not to take a bite quite yet. She let loose a little fire for show. This was apparently pleasing to the strange two-legged things. She was moved to another location. She took a bite out of one of them. They tasted very very very bad. That taste stuck with her. Of course she found herself stuck around there for awhile. She did not particularly like living in a confined space and having food thrust upon her. After a cycle or two she managed to escape. Many cycles passed, and she lived in happy isolation. She flew east. She noticed that more of these two-legged things began creeping along. She watched them with curiosity. She was unsure of what they were plotting, but niether did she care. She also began to notice her growth was slowing. She felt compelled to go somewhere. It was a shaman's tent, she found herself here for awhile. The Shaman turned out to be a warlock. It wasn't an immensely powerful warlock. It knew enough to let her know what she was, but that didn't really matter to her. She also learned a little magic. The only spell that she really remembered is transformation. It was found to be painful. She was still very young for a dragon, so she was about as far from imposing as one could be. She was kept as a sort of pet by the shaman warlock for awhile. She didn't particularly like being a pet, and slipped away. She was out for many more winters. She saw first hand how humans treated each other. She also didn't find the event called the Civil War ammusing. Many more cycles passed. She began watching humans closely, as she learned what they call themselves. She studied from their reactions, what could be a language. She did this for many more years. She eventually began to understand the human language called English. Her understanding was limited, but it was better than nothing. As the years pass, she ages very slowly. She doesn't understand much of what is called a society in what is called a country. She has reached a hundred years old. Her growth becomes sluggish as her body and mind begins to mature. In her human form she is still easily considered a child. She roams the streets at learns that humans have some code of something called modesty. She finds herself picked up off the streets and forced into what seems to her a second skin. She doesn't really understand what is going on and attempts to ask. She finds the result of her question is scolding and a slap. This is not pleasant to her and slapping a dragon is not high on the list of smart things to do. One can imagine the result and unpleasant situation the aggressor was in. She did learn something from this encounter. Humans appreciate some strange false skin to cover their own. It was something they called clothing. She noticed her mind was beginning to process information at an accelerated rate. She managed to pick up on the rest of the human language known as English, after a few more years of hard core studying. Some years pass as she is adjusting to society. She acquires a job to help pass the time. She manages to make a tiny amount, and she gains an avid interest in the human game baseball. She finds she enjoys watching the man called Babe Ruth. She also hears rumors that a place out in the east called Europe is in the middle of a war. An important sounding man named Woodrow Wilson said that they would not enter this war. She could remember watching the thing called the Civil War. She did not have particularly fond memories of it. A few years, as she found it was called, she learned that this country was joining the war. She wondered if humans enjoy war. A few years later the war was over. This surprised Lisa a little. A lot of people were happy for awhile. This seemed pleasant to her. Of course the Stock Market Crash ruined this mood. It didn't really affect her much. She hunted for her food and the wild was her home, but the humans' general attitude was fairly depressing. As the years went she began to practice reading. She eventually got the alphabet down, and after that she figured out reading pretty quickly by herself. Apparently people didn't approve of a girl her "age" reading all day. This made little sense to her, but she found other ways to spend her time. Years later after having been on the move again. It seemed that this country was going to stay out of another war brewing in Europe. She sort of doubted it. She found herself correct. She is surprised that the sheer power of two bombs convinced a strange country to surrender. Lisa leaves society for a while. While out in the wilderness she realizes that she is looking for a mate. The idea is shocking to her, but she cannot deny it. She continues the search and returns sometime later to society in dissappointment. She discovers something amazing after returning. The color Television sits playing in a store window. She stares in wonderment at this strange device. She has a mediocre job and hears something about astronauts as the years pass. She finds out what an astronaut is and is trulely astonished. She also encounters alcohol by accident, and that too was astonishing. She decided it was pleasant, but did not like the aftereffects. The next decade is intriguing to her. It seems men with darker skin want to be treated as equals by the men with the lighter skin. The controversy seemed stupid to her, but it was intriguing that the "white" men fought it so aggressively. Aside from that she showed a general disinterest in current events, She did take note of events in a place called Cuba, but she noticed that was a lost cause. To sum up the remaining thirty or so years, she mostly just worked and moved and learned. She stayed under the government radar as well.

Weapons/Abilities:
All:
Predator's mind: Her primitive mindset. It can be switched on or off at will. On is a lot easier than off...
Angry smoke: When angered smoke will rise from her mouth and nostrils.
Fire Breath: She can release a jet of flame in any form. It is significantly more powerful in dragon form.
Learned Language: She can read and understand English in any form. She can only speak it in human.

Human: She is at her most vulnerable. She can be wounded or killed almost as easily as a human.
Enhanced Strength: She retains some of her dragoness strength. She is a good bit stronger than the average human with the same weight, height, and gender.
Enhanced senses: Her senses are a little better than a humans while in human form.
Mending: Flesh wounds will heal slightly faster.
Tough skin: Her skin is slightly tougher than a humans. It also is slightly fire resistant.
Dragon Shape: She shifts into her true form.

Half: Nothing extremely different from the Human form. She can no longer speak in English, but her scales improve her tough skin. She also can fly, but not for extended periods of time. Her claws and teeth can be used, but they aren't at their true brutality.

Dragon: A true daughter of the skies with a breath that can set a forest ablaze.
Natural Mending: Her mending does not improve, but it beats a human's healing abilities.
Wings: With her wings restored to their full glory, she can fly not only far, but very very fast.
Fire Breath: Her fire breath is much improved.
Dragon scales: She is resistant to fire and her tough scaly hide will help against most physical damage.
Dragon claws and fangs: She has her teeth and claws at their full glory, and they carry the brutality of a butcher with the luster of a many precious pearls.
Dragon's Senses: Her senses are at their peak, and they are impressive.
Dragon Strength: Her strength is the strength of a dragon.
Pose Shift: She switches from four legs to two.
Human Form: She indulges her limited knowledge of magic to take on human form.

Other:
If one watches close enough the transition between positions can be observed. She has to go to be on all four legs when shifting. The bones can be observed through the skin by a good eye. This can be exploited. If she takes a hard enough hit to her leg while switching her stance, it could dislocate that hip. It would be intensely painful and crippling. She would be able to force it back into place, but that would take a good moment. During that moment she is pretty much vulnerable.

She is cold-blooded, in case that was missed. This means that her blood temperature is dependent on the surrounding air. If she overheats(she spits fire so she is used to extreme heat and is resistant to it) or she gets to cold(She can survive Winters out in the cold, but she does not like it at all), it could kill her. The cold of course would make her more sluggish, until she gets to the point where she loses to much heat. The heat probably wouldn't bother her.

Her scales can defend aptly against slashing and stabbing attacks. Crushing attacks not so much. Bullets of course exist and those could prove to be a problem to her, and guns are readily available to civilians.

Breathing fire in human form will cause her to burn herself. She resists it, but she isn't fireproof.

Shifting between forms is an extremely painful experience. It also at best can take an hour or two, but that is pushing it on a good day. She can switch to the half form in about twenty minutes from her human form. She does not usually stop here if she is changing to human.

She will spend most of her time in Human form. She is currently residing in the southern part of the United States.

Sorry there is probably a lot of reading to this, and things that are probably irrational.

Last edited by Dragotech; 01-09-2013 at 07:32 PM.
Old 01-07-2013, 06:49 AM
Moofius Offline

Oh I have a question. Once the RP is started and we get going and everything is rainbows and sunshine (or brimstone and torture, whatever) and maybe things are getting sluggish and a kick in the right direction is needed, could characters be created later on and introduced in RP without an SU? Or if they were introduced and the user to introduce them wishes to make them a proper character, would they have to make an SU for them at some point? Or would it not really be possible to add another character?

Just curious since RP are so fluid and I don't know if I've ever joined a RP like this before. o3o I suppose it's up to the individual RP starter/host. x'D
Old 01-09-2013, 06:39 AM
AcrossTheUniverse Offline

Send a message via Skype™ to AcrossTheUniverse

Name: Theodore (Theo) Martin

Race: Witch.
-Is NOT a Wizard. Wizards use wands, witches must get their spells from spellbooks.
-Can only cast spells by saying it out loud and saying it correctly. Can be anything from a whisper to a yell.
-If there is a specific person you would like to cast a spell on, you must say it while reaching your arm out at them with an open palm (like if you were making a sign to tell someone to stop)
-No one can become a witch just by reading from a spellbook, it must be in your blood to make the book work.
-Witches can own as many spellbooks as they like. The spellbook must be obtained in an honorable way though, such as through an honest purchase or by being passed down (etc). If the book is stolen it may not work properly or its spells may backfire on you.
-Witches can fly on a broom, but it can't be any broom. The shaft of the broom must be authentically carved out of wood and the brush part should be actual straw. Most witches either have brooms passed down to them or make ones for themselves.
-Witches and cats have a powerful connection, although it is often not understood why, even by the witches.

Affiliation: For secrecy, but often almost outs himself on accident.

Appearance: He is 5'7" and has pale skin, but with slight pink hue to it. He has short blonde hair that he forms into a spike near the front and sparkling green eyes. His right ear is pierced and he always keeps an emerald earring in it, his birthstone and his family's powerstone (a powerstone is a stone that witches used to use to strengthen their magical abilities. It's questioned as to whether or not these actually do anything for the witches, but are commonly kept anyway). His lips are a deep red and he's usually smiling. He is slightly muscular, but still pretty thin and feminine. He likes to wear tee shirts with zip up hoodies, jeans, and converse sneakers. When he is casting spells he often likes to wear a long, black hooded cloak, which ties around his neck and drags behind him. His spellbook is large, green with gold writing, and looks old.

Personality: He's a very nice and outgoing guy. He likes to talk and meet new people and tries to talk to someone new everyday, if he can find someone. He is smart and does very well in school and likes to be involved with choir and theatre. He supports his friends and just strangers all the time and usually tries to do what he thinks is the right thing. He tries to be confident but doesn't always believe in himself like others think he should. He's not sure if being a witch is a good or bad thing and considers himself weird from the rest of his peers because of it.

History: He has had a wonderful life, living with his mother, father, and little sister in a nice sized home in a good neighborhood. Since he was little he's been learning magic from his Uncle Kale in the forest, where they can keep hidden, and has been honing his skills everyday more and more. He has a lot of friends that he's always like to hang out with and usually tries to use his spells to help them when he can, but never with their knowledge. His family has always been very adamant that as witches, they're special, but can't reveal it at all, because it would upset the humans. He goes to a public high school and is very popular because he likes to make friends.

Weapons/Abilities: Knows magic and carries around his spellbook. Also has a broom that was his grandmother's and was passed down to him as a young child.

Other: His sexuality is gay and he owns a pet cat named Midnight.

======

Name: Snow Skylore

Race: Faerie
-Faeries can be as tall as humans or can shrink themselves down to a few inches
-They can fly
-Every faerie has their own faeriedust that can do a few specific things, and only those things. These things are different with each faerie
-Faeries and their appearances are mostly white with one other color. The color differs with each faerie.
-Faeries, when in their true faerie form, cannot speak. They communicate with each other using sign language mostly. In their human form, they can speak.
-Faeries have a very strong connection to nature

Affiliation: Against secrecy, but is usually too afraid to actually do anything to expose himself.

Appearance: In his human form, he is about 5'4" with very pale skin and small, very non-muscular frame. He has dark brown hair that is cut short in the back but slightly longer in the front, and he flips his bangs to the left and they go down to about his eyebrows, even when flipped. His eyes are a striking purple and are big and noticeable. His lips are a soft pink, which match the slight blush in his cheeks. He often wears oversized sweaters and sweatshirts with tight pants of some sort and combat boots that lace up. He tends to stay to neutral colors and is often carrying a messenger bag with him that is simple and black. He also always wears a necklace that has a small silver chain and a purple gem on it, in the shape of a heart.

In his faerie form, he is the same height at his biggest and at his smallest he can be 4 inches tall. His skin is a paper white, all over, except for the purple heart that is on his left cheek. His hair, which is still in the same style as in his human form, is purple. His eyes are still purple, and his nails, both fingernail and toenails, are purple. His only clothes are a tight purple tee shirt, which is ripped on the bottom and at the sleeves to make it a short sleeve, and stops at his stomach, exposing his midriff. There are also 2 holes in the back of the tee shirt for his wings to come out of. His wings are large and shaped like butterfly wings are shaped. They're purple with a heart in the middle of his right wing. His shorts are also purple and tight and ripped in the same way, ending at about his knees. there's a piece of purple cloth tied around his right forearm, just because.

Personality: He is very shy and usually don't like to be around people. Because he knows sign language, he prefers to just communicate that way and not use his voice while in his human form, so most of his classmates believe that he is deaf. He will only speak around people that he trusts and feels completely safe with, and most of the time not in public. He is very caring and will help people as much as he can if they need. He is kind and sweet once you get to know him and often afraid to do things, but is pushed into somehow being brave enough to get them done. He likes to spend a lot of his time alone in the woods in his true form, connecting with the animals and being away from the world that scares him.

History: When he was little he was born into a faerie tribe that lived in the woods and kept to themselves, living their lives peacefully and keeping themselves safe. He lived with his mother and father and occasionally saw his older brother, who visited when he could, but lived a city far away, among the humans. One day, while in his faerie form, he was out playing with the animals in the woods when a teenage human boy suddenly appeared. Snow waved to him, but for whatever reason the boy looked terrified and ran away. He slept among a group of deer in the woods that night and when he returned to his village in the morning, he found a mighty battle going on between the faeries and a very large group of humans. As he looked around in fear he saw him, the boy whom he had waved at the day before. He stayed back, behind a tree and watched as the humans overtook his tribe and killed each one of them, seeing them as some sort of threat. After that he waited until night and went out to try to salvage what he could of the village. He cried for days over the loss of his home, friends, and parents and with the help of the forest animals, he survived on his own for 3 months, until his brother came again to visit, finding only Snow and comforting him. His brother took him back with him to the city and since then he has lived with his brother, going to a public high school and often spending his time in the forest, where he can be safe.

Weapons/Abilities: He has faeriedust that he can create with a wave of his hand. His faeriedust is sparkly and purple and can heal, make him and who he chooses invisible for a short period of time, and can help him to communicate with animals.

Other: His sexuality is gay
Old 01-09-2013, 07:30 PM
Socratic Sarcasm Offline

And that concludes my SUs, Winter.

Old 01-10-2013, 05:06 AM
Winter Offline

Okay, guys, sorry this took so long again. You'll have to forgive me for not replying; been kind of busy recently. Anyway, everyone who finished their SUs is accepted, however I have to point out two things:

Moofius, using paragraph form for thing like personality and appearance is fine. I don't know that I've ever seen a format like yours. Also, to answer your question, I really think it'll depend on how the RP progresses. I don't mind people pulling in minor characters as NPCs to work with (Laura's family members will likely be popping up all over the place, but I am not filling out fifty billion SUs for Haru's large family for them to appear a handful of times and do nothing important), and RPing ability might have something to do with it as well, but I really do think it will depend on how the RP progresses.

Dragotech, I noticed some tense errors in your history. Nothing big, but try not to do it a ton...I know firsthand it can get really confusing.

...And AcrossTheUniverse, should Aileena and Theo meet, she will probably be totally baffled by him. If she doesn't grumble about humans playing with magic and not knowing what they're doing first.

Old 01-11-2013, 10:15 PM
Moofius Offline

No worries on the wait. I am curious about my format, like, is it weird? I thought I copied your format and filled it out so...

Yeah, just for my own curiosities sake, how was my form different from everyone else? I felt it was fairly close to what other people put (besides the actual individual character of course). Don't feel rushed in answering this, since it's not pertinent to starting the RP.

And okay, we'll see how the RP goes. I'm really looking forward to starting. :D
Old 01-11-2013, 10:29 PM
Winter Offline

It's not that you did anything wrong, however you didn't seem to use normal paragraphs in places, like appearance and personality. Your descriptions seemed like the kind you put bullet points next to, which I've never seen done in an SU before...then again, I've only ever RPed on Neopets and on here.

Old 01-12-2013, 12:49 AM
Moofius Offline

Oh okay. No I kind of just wanted to block things out a bit in the hopes of making it more readable. The forms, the few times I've used them, were more like a quick references. I could rewrite it in less point form. o3o