Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Pokemon RPG's » Anime-Style Battling League » ASB: Headquarters

ASB: Headquarters The Headquarters of the ASB League. The place where all of the registrations and documentations of monetary gain, Pokemon, etc. occur. The place where all new hopefuls begin their ASB journey.

Closed Thread

Old 10-09-2012, 02:53 AM
Saraibre Ryu Offline
Drasconis Deviantus

Default Re: Question and Answer Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyman View Post
It's basically the same thing that I was thinking of. However, it seems like you had to forgo getting an actual Signature Move in order to get those effects; what I was thinking of allowed for both those effects AND a move at the same time, although you could only have one if you wished. From what I can tell here, you can get either a move or an attribute(like what you posted), but not both.

Sorry if what I'm saying isn't exactly clear. I'll try to clarify if you need me to, if you're confused, or I can alternatively post an example of one if need be.
In the specific case of Vio-Nai, I get the added effects because of what the move does. It all depends on what you want the signature move to do. *thinks she understands what you mean*
Old 10-10-2012, 06:58 PM
Skyman Offline

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saraibre Ryu View Post
In the specific case of Vio-Nai, I get the added effects because of what the move does. It all depends on what you want the signature move to do. *thinks she understands what you mean*
Oh, I see. Well, still, not exactly what I was saying, but I suppose it's close enough. Now I guess I can go and modify an idea I was having to try and fit into this system once I get approved to even join the league.
Old 10-10-2012, 09:58 PM
Dino Offline
ASB Official

Send a message via AIM to Dino

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyman View Post
It's basically the same thing that I was thinking of. However, it seems like you had to forgo getting an actual Signature Move in order to get those effects; what I was thinking of allowed for both those effects AND a move at the same time, although you could only have one if you wished. From what I can tell here, you can get either a move or an attribute(like what you posted), but not both.

Sorry if what I'm saying isn't exactly clear. I'll try to clarify if you need me to, if you're confused, or I can alternatively post an example of one if need be.
Signature abilities are not available.
We have previously considered adding them, but if we do, it most likely won't be soon, and quite restricted. Creating a move like Sabi is the only current option available.

lv.100@1618
Links

Old 11-26-2012, 03:31 AM
i_love_hkim Offline

Default How do I play this game?

I'm sorry these games are confusing, what do I do?
Old 11-27-2012, 01:48 PM
Dino Offline
ASB Official

Default Re: How do I play this game?

Quote:
Originally Posted by i_love_hkim View Post
I'm sorry these games are confusing, what do I do?
To begin read through these guides.
Getting Started/FAQ
How to Battle
Safari Zone Guide

They should give you an understanding of how the ASB works.
Afterword, should you have any more questions, feel free to post them here for answers.

lv.100@1618
Links

Old 12-23-2012, 03:05 AM
p4r6g6777 Offline

I don't quite understand how EXP levels work. Can someone give an explanation or a link to where I can read about them?
Old 12-29-2012, 10:39 PM
Dino Offline
ASB Official

Quote:
Originally Posted by p4r6g6777 View Post
I don't quite understand how EXP levels work. Can someone give an explanation or a link to where I can read about them?
Essentially the more evolved a pokemon is the higher its Experience is. The higher ones experience the less energy is needed to preform moves.

If you want it any more detailed then that your going to have to refer to the Referee/Ranger Manual. Which may be very confusing if you since your new.

lv.100@1618
Links

Old 12-30-2012, 09:40 PM
5TailedDemonLizard Offline

A quick question because I'm feeling dumb today:

If a pokemon executes a move that hits "All Opposing Pokemon" and it is a double battle, one calculates the damage for each pokemon in the compendium as if it were for an attack that specifically targeted that pokemon, so you would get two differed hp deductions, yes?

GCeA Blue|GCeA Silver

"Flying is learning to throw yourself at the ground and miss."

^Please click my eggs^

Click here for my other links!

Old 01-03-2013, 05:02 AM
Neku Sakuraba Offline
Sound Garden

Send a message via AIM to Neku Sakuraba Send a message via Skype™ to Neku Sakuraba

I'm curious about setting up a Multi-Battle that would be a Battle Royale...

Would I still have to PM/VM people who I would like to do it with me, or is that only with partners?

Links
Code:
Level 100: 3287 Proud Deviant of the PE2K Deviants
Have PesterChum for some reason? Contact me on it! (neonSound)
Old 01-03-2013, 10:21 PM
3m0d0ll Offline

Send a message via AIM to 3m0d0ll Send a message via Skype™ to 3m0d0ll

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5TailedDemonLizard View Post
A quick question because I'm feeling dumb today:

If a pokemon executes a move that hits "All Opposing Pokemon" and it is a double battle, one calculates the damage for each pokemon in the compendium as if it were for an attack that specifically targeted that pokemon, so you would get two differed hp deductions, yes?
Yep. If the move is, say, Rock Slide aimed at a Poliwrath and a Wigglytuff, you'd calculate the Health deduction from Poliwrath, and the Health reduction from Wigglytuff (which would obviously give two different percentages) and apply the damage accordingly.

I probably over complicated this answer. cx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neku Sakuraba View Post
I'm curious about setting up a Multi-Battle that would be a Battle Royale...

Would I still have to PM/VM people who I would like to do it with me, or is that only with partners?
Could you give a bit more detail, please? I don't entirely understand your question. :s

Old 01-05-2013, 03:39 AM
Neku Sakuraba Offline
Sound Garden

Send a message via AIM to Neku Sakuraba Send a message via Skype™ to Neku Sakuraba

It says that for a Multi-Battle (4 people), it says to PM the person you wanted to team up with if there is going to be teams, but if it was a Battle Royale (Free-for-all), would you PM everyone you wanted to battle with, or post it on the VS. Seeker if you wanted random people to battle with you?

Links
Code:
Level 100: 3287 Proud Deviant of the PE2K Deviants
Have PesterChum for some reason? Contact me on it! (neonSound)
Old 01-05-2013, 03:46 AM
Saraibre Ryu Offline
Drasconis Deviantus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neku Sakuraba View Post
It says that for a Multi-Battle (4 people), it says to PM the person you wanted to team up with if there is going to be teams, but if it was a Battle Royale (Free-for-all), would you PM everyone you wanted to battle with, or post it on the VS. Seeker if you wanted random people to battle with you?
*considering I wrote the system for Multi-battles*

Multi-Battles were written based on the format of the game, which was two on two but with four trainers, two per side. A Battle Royale wasn't originally intended for multi-battles, however I don't see how it wouldn't work. Though I'd imagine that'd be one hell of a battle. Considering you can PM anyone about a normal battle and you can do the same with Multi-Battles. I wouldn't think it's necessary to PM other people for a Royale battle, but to help be more organized, sure. If you want anyone, sure I'd post it in the VS Seeker, but I'd make it clear it was a Multi-Royale, as original Multi-Battles is like a Double Battle only with four trainers.
Old 01-07-2013, 02:28 AM
Socratic Sarcasm Offline

Ok. Here is a question:

What is the difference between a junior and senior ref, and how does the former become the latter?

Old 01-07-2013, 03:08 AM
3m0d0ll Offline

Send a message via AIM to 3m0d0ll Send a message via Skype™ to 3m0d0ll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Socratic Sarcasm View Post
Ok. Here is a question:

What is the difference between a junior and senior ref, and how does the former become the latter?
Well, honestly, there isn't anything exact about how you can get promoted to a SR. When the ASB Officials see that you're active and don't make errors (or very few errors), then we may decide to promote you.

SRs receive $10 for Reffing one Rounds, then an additional $5, while JRs receive $5 and $4 respectively. Sorry that I can't give you more information, but there honestly isn't much to give. cx

The only advice I can give is to double check all your Rounds and Ref a lot. ^^;
Old 01-13-2013, 10:24 PM
Saraibre Ryu Offline
Drasconis Deviantus

For the sake of my own curiosity...

If you own a particular buisness, can you completely change how that buisness works? My question in relating to the Hidden Power type determination buisness as that's never gotten off the ground and I'd like to revamp how determining HP types is done.

I figure you just resubmit it to the D. Den correct?