Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Pokemon Main Boards » Pokemon: Black/White 2

Pokemon: Black/White 2 Discuss Pokemon Black 2 and Pokemon White 2. Get your questions answered, give your opinions and participate in discussions here!

Old 01-01-2013, 02:00 PM
Sealboy Offline

Send a message via AIM to Sealboy Send a message via MSN to Sealboy Send a message via Skype™ to Sealboy
Default The thing I dislike about B2/W2

As soon as I started the game, I couldn't go five minutes without either a main character or some random coming up to me from nowhere and give me things like I was some sort of charity. At first, I was fine with this - then it kept on happening. I can't do anything without some sort of assistance from someone who randomly decides to give me a TM. I swear you get the HMs of Cut and Strength within a few seconds of each other (okay, maybe a bit of exaggerating there).

It kind of makes me miss the older games where you had to actually look for items and moves. Remember Strength being hidden deep in the Safari Zone? Now you just get some random going "HI! HERE'S A HM! BYE!" then a few seconds later have them run into you saying "I FORGOT TO GIVE YOU THIS THING AS WELL!".

I feel like they're treating the gamer as somebody who is either a brainless child or a newcomer to the Pokemon games - I DO NOT want to be treated like a charity. To be honest, I just want to play the game, but instead I get jumped on by randoms interrupting me and giving me things.

Is anyone else somewhat irritated by this as much as I am? I've only just beat the third gym - please tell me the charity stops soon?

~Sealboy

Click the image above to check out my YouTube Channel - it'd mean a lot.
Old 01-01-2013, 04:44 PM
Neku Sakuraba Offline
Sound Garden

Send a message via AIM to Neku Sakuraba Send a message via Skype™ to Neku Sakuraba
Default Re: The thing I dislike about B2/W2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sealboy View Post
As soon as I started the game, I couldn't go five minutes without either a main character or some random coming up to me from nowhere and give me things like I was some sort of charity. At first, I was fine with this - then it kept on happening. I can't do anything without some sort of assistance from someone who randomly decides to give me a TM. I swear you get the HMs of Cut and Strength within a few seconds of each other (okay, maybe a bit of exaggerating there).

It kind of makes me miss the older games where you had to actually look for items and moves. Remember Strength being hidden deep in the Safari Zone? Now you just get some random going "HI! HERE'S A HM! BYE!" then a few seconds later have them run into you saying "I FORGOT TO GIVE YOU THIS THING AS WELL!".

I feel like they're treating the gamer as somebody who is either a brainless child or a newcomer to the Pokemon games - I DO NOT want to be treated like a charity. To be honest, I just want to play the game, but instead I get jumped on by randoms interrupting me and giving me things.

Is anyone else somewhat irritated by this as much as I am? I've only just beat the third gym - please tell me the charity stops soon?

~Sealboy
You get Fly when you head towards the bridge that leads to...wherever Clay's Gym is. xD I can't remember when you get Surf, but Fly and Surf are the last two.

Links
Code:
Level 100: 3287 Proud Deviant of the PE2K Deviants
Have PesterChum for some reason? Contact me on it! (neonSound)
Old 01-01-2013, 09:46 PM
goldwynaut Offline

But there were no HMs required to complete the storyline of BW2 except surf.

I agree with Sealboy, the constant flow of items are interrupting the storyline.
Old 01-02-2013, 12:43 AM
Typhlosion Explosion Offline
~Blast Burn

Send a message via AIM to Typhlosion Explosion Send a message via Skype™ to Typhlosion Explosion

I actually like it...xD

I love to speed through and get everything done quickly, I hate training in the wild as well. The main reason I don't play old games is because I can't hack Rare Candies and that forces me to train. In Crystal a while back, I have a level 71 Typhlosion and all my others were around level 20. I had a level 25 Jolteon, 21 Pikachu, 22 Fearow, 26 Hosea and a 24 Espeon.

I would always get frustrated not being able to get HMs easily because I could never get them. I think that and the fact that I have to train are main reasons I still avoid playing Gen I games. xD
Old 01-03-2013, 05:08 PM
Sealboy Offline

Send a message via AIM to Sealboy Send a message via MSN to Sealboy Send a message via Skype™ to Sealboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldwynaut View Post
But there were no HMs required to complete the storyline of BW2 except surf.

I agree with Sealboy, the constant flow of items are interrupting the storyline.
It's getting to the point where I'm thinking that B2/W2 is currently the worst mainstream Pokemon game made. I mean, I don't want to be interrupted every five minutes because somebody wants to give me an item. Not everyone in the world is kind and will do that - I mean, a Plasma Grunt gave me a TM!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Typhlosion Explosion View Post
I actually like it...xD

I love to speed through and get everything done quickly, I hate training in the wild as well. The main reason I don't play old games is because I can't hack Rare Candies and that forces me to train. In Crystal a while back, I have a level 71 Typhlosion and all my others were around level 20. I had a level 25 Jolteon, 21 Pikachu, 22 Fearow, 26 Hosea and a 24 Espeon.

I would always get frustrated not being able to get HMs easily because I could never get them. I think that and the fact that I have to train are main reasons I still avoid playing Gen I games. xD
Can't really speed through when people are jumping out and giving you stuff xD

I understand - to me, though, training was the main part of the game. Learning to understand your team, its weaknesses and advantages - I learnt this from training like a crazy hobo. xD

~Sealboy

Click the image above to check out my YouTube Channel - it'd mean a lot.

Last edited by Sealboy; 01-03-2013 at 05:12 PM.
Old 01-03-2013, 06:18 PM
~Blast Burn

Send a message via AIM to Typhlosion Explosion Send a message via Skype™ to Typhlosion Explosion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sealboy View Post

I understand - to me, though, training was the main part of the game. Learning to understand your team, its weaknesses and advantages - I learnt this from training like a crazy hobo. xD

~Sealboy
ikr?! It's the MAIN POINT of the games and I'm just like "lol no". xD
I'd honestly like it if there were more trainers in game to battle. Training in the wild at the beginning gets like, NO experience and it's so tedious and I just hate it. DX
Old 01-03-2013, 08:11 PM
Neku Sakuraba Offline
Sound Garden

Send a message via AIM to Neku Sakuraba Send a message via Skype™ to Neku Sakuraba

Quote:
Originally Posted by Typhlosion Explosion View Post
ikr?! It's the MAIN POINT of the games and I'm just like "lol no". xD
I'd honestly like it if there were more trainers in game to battle. Training in the wild at the beginning gets like, NO experience and it's so tedious and I just hate it. DX
>Worst thing to happen to Pokemon games: Removal of the VS. Seeker

>Game Freak's solution: Breeders challenge you again after you leave the area.

why
Game Freak
this is horrible.

Links
Code:
Level 100: 3287 Proud Deviant of the PE2K Deviants
Have PesterChum for some reason? Contact me on it! (neonSound)
Old 01-05-2013, 07:20 AM
lu1z Offline

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neku Sakuraba View Post
>Worst thing to happen to Pokemon games: Removal of the VS. Seeker

>Game Freak's solution: Breeders challenge you again after you leave the area.

why
Game Freak
this is horrible.
Don't get me started on the annoyance that Breeders can be. It's nice if you have Pokemon approx. the same level as them, but when you go back and catch a Pokemon and have Pokemon lv75-80; it just gets plainly annoying. I even thought the game was broken xD

Yeah, the VS. Seeker will be missed by everyone. Although they give you unlimited battles with Cynthia when it's Summer and Spring so you can get some lvs with her.

SoulSilver FC: 4855 9106 7336
SSBB FC: 0560 80166451
PBR FC: 3309 5845 4737
Old 01-05-2013, 09:43 AM
~Blast Burn

...I never used the VS Seeker. I always hated that thing. xD

But I do agree the breeder thing is very annoying. I can't go on Route 4 without being attacked by the Breeder there. -__-