Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Intro Boards » PE2K Front Desk

PE2K Front Desk Forum announcements will be posted here. Any questions, suggestions or ideas concerning the forum or the website should also be posted in here. If you need help on your avatar or signature, or help on using the forum, this is the place to go.

Old 01-02-2013, 01:12 PM
brandon_g Offline

Send a message via Yahoo to brandon_g Send a message via Skype™ to brandon_g
Lightbulb Store suggestion for pe2k

What would everyone think of a store at pe2k, I dont know if the gm's and admin approve or not but I just figured I would suggest it... it would bring money to pe2k for contests, and help the site make changes and keep running.

A few ideas for this store could be:

PE2K t-shirts
a pe2k mug
A pe2k plate or bowl or something
a pe2k plushie
and other pokemon merchandise...

Mods if you disapprove of this idea than feel free to lock this up. But I figured it would be a great money making idea.

also if people disagree say so... if theres a idea for the store I left out feel free to mention it.

signed Brandon_g
I am Brandon, I have 1 goal as a pokemon trainer: To become the unbeatable unlike any other... I have already become the Champion of sinnoh... and am training currently in unova to beat the Champion their.
Old 01-03-2013, 04:35 AM
Obliveon Offline

Default Re: Store suggestion for pe2k

I think it's a cool idea. You could maybe do one of those travel cups too.
Old 01-03-2013, 04:59 AM
Kaoru Offline
The Evolver

Send a message via AIM to Kaoru Send a message via Skype™ to Kaoru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obliveon View Post
I think it's a cool idea. You could maybe do one of those travel cups too.
It may seem like a good idea, but we have to actually design the PE2K stuff first and that takes money.

sig by pokemon trainer sarah
links
Old 01-03-2013, 09:35 AM
Typhlosion Explosion Offline
~Blast Burn

Send a message via AIM to Typhlosion Explosion Send a message via Skype™ to Typhlosion Explosion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoru View Post
It may seem like a good idea, but we have to actually design the PE2K stuff first and that takes money.
...Which is money we don't have. xD Admittedly, very few people will actually buy it. Once everyone has a thing or two, that'd be the end. :(

If we actually get currency, then it will be used to better the forum with spam bot protection, lag fixes, and server upgrades. VBulletin comes out with a lot of upgrades and fixes. We'd also implement a perk system, like many other forums have. Getting your name colored, italicized, getting a custom user title, etc.
Old 01-03-2013, 12:08 PM
Etymology Offline
~VRAAHBRBRBR!~

Send a message via AIM to Etymology

Plus, there's problems with copyright on the Pokemon company's images. Wouldn't want to set the ol' Pokemon Police on Ryan, now, would we? ;)
Old 01-03-2013, 01:05 PM
brandon_g Offline

well ok maybe theres alot to start off with... but I think if you guys put a donation button up maybe people may acutally donate and we can get something started. I mean I've seen plenty of websites even forum only sites make mucho money on just a store alone. If you guys can just get the money to get started I see it might work.

Any other ideas that might spark a money maker for pe2k?

I just wanna see this site grow thats all.
I am Brandon, I have 1 goal as a pokemon trainer: To become the unbeatable unlike any other... I have already become the Champion of sinnoh... and am training currently in unova to beat the Champion their.
Old 01-03-2013, 04:18 PM
Typhlosion Explosion Offline
~Blast Burn

Send a message via AIM to Typhlosion Explosion Send a message via Skype™ to Typhlosion Explosion

Yep, we're trying to get a donation button. We have been for months, actually. xD We need Ryan though. We need Ryan for about everything that involves changing the forum/site. D:

Thanks for the idea though! :)
Old 01-03-2013, 09:58 PM
Kaoru Offline
The Evolver

As Ty said, we need Ryan. And the only person with contact info for Ryan is Harry and Harry has a hard time trying to contact Ryan as it is.

links
Old 01-04-2013, 01:00 PM
brandon_g Offline

hmmm I see... Well I just figured I would give a idea, just keep on trying I guess.

I really wish there was something I could do but I am just a member who contributes I hope 1 this idea works sometime.

signed Brandon
Old 01-05-2013, 06:32 PM
goldwynaut Offline

It would be interesting, to be honest i cant see why money would be a problem, pe2k has occasional plushie giveaways, the plushies are always either home made or of very high quality, the official pe2k merchandise wouldn't need to be of high quality, it could all be made in china. Making the design would't be a problem either, pe2k has many proud artists who would gladly take on the honor of drawing the artwork for free. This merchandise, if it looks sweet enough, would also have decent advertisement value, because it would have pe2k written clearly on it, the other stuff seems pointless, but a t-shirt/hoodie would be a grate idea, maybe it would be something to consider if pe2k don't have any other priorities for their money.

Also, Brandon, if you only want to have something with pe2k written on it for yourself, there are places on the internet where you can make it online and buy it.
Old 01-05-2013, 06:45 PM
Kaoru Offline
The Evolver

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldwynaut View Post
It would be interesting, to be honest i cant see why money would be a problem, pe2k has occasional plushie giveaways, the plushies are always either home made or of very high quality, the official pe2k merchandise wouldn't need to be of high quality, it could all be made in china. Making the design would't be a problem either, pe2k has many proud artists who would gladly take on the honor of drawing the artwork for free. This merchandise, if it looks sweet enough, would also have decent advertisement value, because it would have pe2k written clearly on it, the other stuff seems pointless, but a t-shirt/hoodie would be a grate idea, maybe it would be something to consider if pe2k don't have any other priorities for their money.

Also, Brandon, if you only want to have something with pe2k written on it for yourself, there are places on the internet where you can make it online and buy it.
Um, excuse you. First of all, money is a major issue, no matter the quality. Everything we make will most likely come out of Ryan's pockets. He already has to pay for a forum. Second of all, WE CANNOT CONTACT RYAN. ANY KIND OF CHANGES, such as a shop and donating, MADE TO THE FORUM MUST BE APPROVED BY HIM. HARRY IS THE ONLY ONE WITH CONTACT INFO FOR RYAN AND RYAN IS A VERY BUSY GUY.

Thank you. End of discussion. We've listed our reasons as to why this idea will most likely not happen.

links