Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Pokemon RPG's » Anime-Style Battling League » ASB: Battles » Battle Archive

Battle Archive Once the dust has settled and the winner is clear, battles are sent here for your viewing pleasure. Feel free to look through the archives to brush up on your skills!

Closed Thread

Old 07-30-2012, 10:15 PM
Socratic Sarcasm Offline

Default Latio-Reol v. Socratic Sarcasm -- Socratic Sarcasm wins by DQ

Single Battle
3 Pokémon each

DQ: Three Days
Restrictions: No OHKO moves
Arena: Sunset Colesseum
A circular battle arena surrounded by beautiful crystalline waters and exquisite rock formations. As the name indicates, all battles (including this one) take place just before dusk, when the sun seems to ignite the sea.

I'll start with Solomon:

[Solomon] Starmie (-)*
Ability: Natural Cure
Obtained: Starter
Evolved: Evolution Dojo
Signature Move: Afferent Anticipation

Old 08-04-2012, 02:26 AM
Latio-Nytro Offline

Default Re: Latio-Reol v. narphoenix

Why must Scyez be the only defense? Note to self, get Electric and/or Grass Type to deal with Water Types later...

Scyez (Female Shiny Lucario)
Steadfast
Spoiler:
Description: Scyez was never, ever, EVER sane. She was completely off her rocker the moment she was born, and sees Pokemon battles as a rough-yet still fun-game, and little more. In this sense, she has a knack of doing the most absurd things in a battle...Like clinging onto her opponent. In these scenarios, the Pokemon she's clinging onto is incapable of sucessfully attacking her for that action only. This also has priority over Quick Attack, Extremespeed, ect. However, Scyez must have at least a neutral speed modifyer, or else, the attack fails. Due to the rough nature of battles, Scyez will peck at the opponent like this, the amount of damage equivelant to her Speed modifyer.
Type: Normal
Base Power: (Current Speed ModifyerX10)+15 (If her speed mod is 0, then base is 15-if Speed mod is 6, base 75. Savvy?)
Accuracy: 95%. Goes down to zero if she has a Speed mod lower than 0.
Energy Mod: 5%
Priority: 2
Effects: Scyez will cling onto her target, meaning for the duration of the opponent's action, the Pokemon will fail at any action relating to attacking Scyez. If a opposing Pokemon that isn't the Target attacks, Scyez will take 1/2 of the damage while the foe takes 1/2 as well (Types applied). Double Team will work, but Scyez won't be fooled and will know which foe to attack, because Scyez clinged to the original and henceforth knows which one it is (In double/triple battles, the other Pokemon will not know). Scyez will attack harder if her Speed mod is higher than 0, but cannot attack if her Speed mod is lower than 0. If Scyez is outsped by her target that turn, the attack fails as well. Damage is applied as normal. Scyez will get off before the next turn starts.
Usage Gap: She can't use this for two rounds after she initially uses it.

Tutor Move: N/A
Obtained as Starter.
Evolved at the Evolution Dojo.

...Hmph. Let's get everything going, shall we? First off, Dark Pulse, immediately. Unless he protects or renders the move unusable, or something or that nature. This should mean you should use Swords Dance. Immediately afterwards, just Circle Throw. If he uses Protect on that particular action, just use Swords Dance.

Dark Pulse/Swords Dance~Circle Throw/Swords Dance

Houndour@4051: Hatch@4066, Houndoom@4123, Level100@4351.

The Nonexistant White Nuzlocke! BEHOLD IT AND DESPAIR!

FEAR THE MOODY BIDOOF!!!
Old 08-04-2012, 02:44 AM
Socratic Sarcasm Offline

First, use that darling signature move. Then wait for Scyez to begin Circle Throw, then employ Psyshock to deflect Scyez's attack.

Afferent Anticipation~Psyshock*

Old 08-10-2012, 12:24 PM
White Knight Offline

“Now this is more like it,” I said to myself. After a series of battles in odd locations, it was nice to have one in an actual stadium. Walking down the stone pathway, I admired the ancient stone formations that surrounded the large platform. Water surrounded it on all sides, reflecting some of the light from the pale yellow sunset. I grabbed my flags from the back pocket of my jeans as I approached the two trainers, who seemed like they were getting impatient; the battle had to get completed before dark or it would get much more complicated. Picking up my pace, I addressed the opponents with a quick nod and took my spot just outside the circle of stone.

“Okay then, let’s rumble!” I exclaimed, slightly out of breath. The two men grabbed their Pokeballs, throwing them to the ground as they prepared to fight. I gasped in surprise as I saw their choices; not one, but two shiny Pokemon! Although I owned one myself, I had never seen so many of them in one place. This was going to be more than interesting.

Round One

Narpheonix

[Solomon]Starmie (-)*
Health: 100%
Energy: 100%
Moves: Affluent Anticipation~Psyshock
Mood: Calm and collected.

Latio-Nytro

[Scyez]Lucario (F)*
Ability: Steadfast
Signature Move: Horseplay
Health: 100%
Energy: 100%
Moves: Dark Pulse/Swords Dance~Circle Throw/Swords Dance
Mood: Ready to fight!

The genderless Pokemon managed to move first, knowing it needed to make a good choice. Its opponent was a strong one, and it would steamroll over Solomon if the Starmie let its guard down. The cobalt gem in the center of the sea star began to glow with a bright light as its psychic powers began to work, putting the slower Pokemon in a state of unease. However, the Mysterious Pokemon wasn’t aiming for Lucario; its real target was the trainer. Latio-Nytro’s eyes began to glow the same color as Solomon’s gem as the Starmie began probing his mind, searching for battle strategies. This was a smart move on Narpheonix’s part; now he would always be aware of what his opponent was planning. I had never seen the tactic before; it must have been his own invention.
[Starmie -12% Energy, Latio-Nytro posts moves first for 4 rounds or until Solomon is switched out]

Scyez was perplexed, to say the least; what was that strange color in her trainer’s eyes? She tried to put the thoughts out of her head as she prepared her first move in the battle. Her maroon eyes closed as she focused on darkness, filling her body with hatred. She put her two palms together as a black orb of energy began to form, radiating dark purple light. With a quick flick of her wrist, she released her attack. A series of nightlock-colored rings flew at the distracted Starmie, who was still reading the mind of its opponent’s trainer. The beam of circles hit Solomon directly in the gem, forcing the Starmie back. It balanced precariously on the rim of the platform, barely staying on. The attack had packed quite a punch; Solomon really needed to keep an eye out from now on.
[Starmie -17% Health, Lucario -11% Energy]

This opponent was more dangerous than Solomon had thought. After just one attach the sea star was already getting tired, although it tried not to show it. Although the psychic Pokemon knew it could move first, its orders prevented it. It seemed as though Scyez was more than happy to take the opportunity. She got down into a runner’s stance, then took off. With a quick flex of her legs she was off and running, headed straight for the Starmie. Solomon quickly realized that it needed to its move ready, and focused its psychic powers with urgency. The blue gem began to glow as a large orb of cerulean psychic energy flecked with purple formed in front of it. Scyez leapt up in the air and reached for a tip of Solomon’s body, but it was too late. The water-type released its attack just as Scyez was about to lift it, blowing both Pokemon backwards.
[Lucario -4% Health, -5% Energy, Starmie -7% Energy]

Narpheonix

[Solomon]Starmie (-)*
Health: 83%
Energy: 81%
Mood: Ehh, could have been worse.

Latio-Nytro

[Scyez]Lucario (F)*
Ability: Steadfast
Signature Move: Horseplay
Health: 96%
Energy: 84%
Mood: That wasn’t terrible, I guess.

Notes
Dark Pulse- Critical hit rolled a 7175, where rolling 625 or less resulted in a critical hit.
Effect: Rolled from 1 to 10. Result was 6.
Circle Throw- Critical hit rolled a 9318, where rolling 625 or less resulted in a critical hit.
Accuracy rolled a 33 where rolling more than 90 resulted in this action missing the target.
Psyshock- Critical hit rolled a 3266, where rolling 625 or less resulted in a critical hit.

Latio-Nytro, your moves please

Thanks Pokemon Trainer Sarah!
ASB|VPP

Last edited by White Knight; 08-10-2012 at 01:30 PM.
Old 08-10-2012, 06:20 PM
Latio-Nytro Offline

OK, Naprh, you asked for it.

First off, Scyez, if it ever protects (and is sucessful at doing this) or does ANYTHING to prevent it from occuring before it occurs, Roar at any possible moment. If you manage it the first turn, then use either Shadow Ball, or Aura Sphere if the Pokemon would resist Shadow Ball the second turn. If you didn't manage the first turn, then Roar again. Any sucessful protect will mean you should use Nasty Plot.

Roar/Nasty Plot~Shadow Ball/Aura Sphere/Roar/Nasty Plot

FEAR THE MOODY BIDOOF!!!
Old 08-18-2012, 04:43 PM
Socratic Sarcasm Offline

You know Latio, ever heard of irony's bitchiness? Ya.

Magic Coat (since it doesn't PREVENT Roar, it still works). Then Use Surf.

Magic Coat~Surf

Old 12-22-2012, 10:00 PM
KantoBreeder Offline

Round Two

Socratic Sarcasm

[Solomon] Starmie (X)

HP: 83%
Energy: 81%
Condition: Eh, that could have been worse
Moves: Magic Coat ~ Surf

Latio-Nytro

[Scyez] Lucario (F)

HP: 96%
Energy: 84%
Condition: That wasn’t terrible, I guess
Moves: Roar ~ Take Down

Solomon knew that its opponent wanted to get rid of him before it could cause too much damage, especially now that it had foreseen his next few moves. Before Scyez had had the chance to act, Solomon had wrapped itself in a cloak of psychic energy, which shimmered and shined in the twilight of the arena. Starmie turned its gem to face its opponent: it was ready.

Scyez figured that the cloak wasn’t good enough to defend the sea star from what she had planned. Opening her snout, she screamed at the Starmie, trying to scare into flight so that she could be paired up against some less challenging opponent. However, this plan quickly backfired – in the most literal sense. The sound seemed to hit Solomon’s cloak, sending ripples spreading across it, and then bounce back. Scyez shrieked in terror at the sound, and instantly dived back into her poké ball.

Latio-Nytro grabbed another ball, not having time to pick the one he wanted, and threw it out. From the flash of light, a small dragon emerged. Hammuhyd the Gible waddled forwards, taking in his surroundings for a little while, before turning to face Solomon and preparing for what still seemed to be a slightly uneven battle.

The Starmie hadn’t even waited for Hammuhyd to gather his bearings before going on the offensive. Drawing up the water from around the edges of the arena, it created a massive wave, which crashed down on the battlefield, soaking both trainers to the bone and practically crushing Gible. The poor dragon screamed in agony as the full force of the water collided with him and nearly pushed him off of the island. He quickly scrambled back to his feet once the water was gone, but you could tell that he was already flagging.

He was determined not to let it show, though. Before Solomon was ready for him, he was charging straight at him, his short legs powering over the wet rock of the arena’s floor. He barrelled straight into the Starmie, both of them falling in a heap on the floor. Solomon was a little hurt by this, but it had taken a whole load of energy from Hammuhyd, so much that he almost felt faint. This hadn’t gotten off to the best of starts for the poor creature.

Socratic Sarcasm

[Solomon] Starmie (X)

HP: 71%
Energy: 68%
Condition: Feeling a little relieved; Magic Coat

Latio-Nytro

[Hammuhyd] Gible (M)

HP: 75%
Energy: 74%
Condition: Very confused and hurt; Afferent Anticipation (Latio-Nytro gives moves first for three more rounds)

Notes
Magic Coat- (Starmie gains Magic Coat)
Roar- (Starmie -5% Energy; Lucario is switched out; rolled 1/9, Gible was sent out)
Surf- (Starmie -8% Energy; Gible -22% HP)
Take Down- (Rolled 5/10, Take Down was chosen; rolled 8/100, 85 or less to hit; Gible -26% Energy, -3% HP; Starmie -12% HP)
Gible’s action was chosen randomly from the moves it learns by level-up

Arena Notes
None

Team Notes
Socratic Scream
3 pokémon remaining
Latio-Nytro
3 pokémon remaining
Scyez: 96% HP, 84% Energy
Old 12-26-2012, 12:04 PM
Velocity Offline
ASB Official

Latio-Reol, you have 24 hours to send moves or you will be DQ'd.

Thanks, Speed and Dino and also Speed! :D
Old 12-26-2012, 02:48 PM
Latio-Nytro Offline

(It's been ages...:P)

Back to Scyez, immediately. What happens next is up to his choice. If it does ANYTHING that would NOT prevent Circle Toss from immediately AND completely working, then, well, use Circle Toss. Use Dark Pulse if you can still attack but cannot use Circle Toss to complete effect (Which is to say, the swap-out effect). If it's something like Protect, just Chill. In all cases, go second no matter what, wait for Solomon's move.

Swap to Scyez~Circle Toss/Dark Pulse/Chill

FEAR THE MOODY BIDOOF!!!
Old 12-26-2012, 03:22 PM
Socratic Sarcasm Offline

Sub (21%)~Surf

Old 01-26-2013, 03:03 PM
KantoBreeder Offline

Round Three

Socratic Sarcasm

[Solomon] Starmie (X)
Natural Cure
HP: 71%
Energy: 68%
Condition: Feeling a little relieved; Magic Coat
Substitute ~ Surf

Latio-Nytro

[Hammuhyd] Gible (M)
Sand Veil
HP: 75%
Energy: 74%
Condition: Very confused and hurt; Afferent Anticipation

Latio-Nytro began the round by holding up the poke ball that was still in his hand and pointing out at the angry looking Hammuhyd. Red light shot out, enveloping the small dragon-type and dragging it back to its home.To replace him, he sent back out his shiny Lucario, Scyez, who edged forwards, ashamed by her display of cowardice. She resolved that she would make up for it from now on.

Solomon was annoyed that his previous opponent was back and that she now seemed even more determined. He decided that he would need some extra form of protection against whatever she would try and do next. He used his telekinetic powers to move water from the sea onto the battlefield and mould it into a shape that vaguely resembled himself. He then placed a piece of himself inside it, causing it to solidify to a certain extent. The part of him that was placed inside of it also allowed it to move around so that it could protect him from whatever Scyez had up her metaphorical sleeves.

Now that he was well defended, Solomon took the chance to go on the offensive. Using telekinesis once again, he caused a large wave to rise up from the surrounding sea. The wave quickly blotted out the setting sun, leaving the combatants in a strange darkness. Then the wave came crashing down, washing over the battlefield and nearly crushing Scyez. The Lucario quickly scrambled up to her feet, though, and shook the water out of her golden fur - Solomon wasn’t going to get the better of her that easily.

Ideally she’d have liked to have gotten Solomon out of the battle completely, but she knew that she didn’t have chance while he had a substitute protecting him. In the meantime, she would just have to focus on clearing the way for her to get to him. Dark energy began to leak from her paws, forming a black sphere, which grew and grew as she put more energy into it. Then, she lobbed the ball at Solomon as hard as she could so that it would do more damage. As she had known would happen, the Starmie’s replica jumped into the way of the attack, taking the damage instead of its creator. Scyez was disappointed to see that she hadn’t destroyed the substitute, but glad that she had significantly weakened it - she still had plenty of time yet.

Socratic Sarcasm

[Solomon] Starmie (X)
Natural Cure
HP: 50%
Energy: 51%
Condition: Happy with the round; Magic Coat; Substitute (4%)

Latio-Nytro

[Scyez] Lucario (F)
Steadfast
HP: 78%
Energy: 73%
Condition: Just about satisfied; Afferent Anticipation (2 rounds)

Battle Notes
Switch
Gible switched for Lucario
Substitute
HP: Starmie -21%; Substitute +21%
Energy: Starmie -7%
Surf
Critical: 8359; 625 or less required
HP: Lucario -18%
Energy: Starmie -8%
Dark Pulse
Critical: 799; 625 or less required
HP: Substitute -17%
Energy: Lucario -11%

Team Notes
Socratic Sarcasm
3 pokemon remaining
Latio-Nytro
3 pokemon remaining
Hammuhyd: 75%; 74%
Old 01-29-2013, 12:40 AM
Velocity Offline
ASB Official

Latio-Reol, you have 24 hours to post your moves or you will be disqualified.

Old 01-30-2013, 01:35 AM
Velocity Offline
ASB Official

All right, Latio, your time is up and you are now disqualified.

Socratic Sarcasm gets $14.
Latio-Reol gets nothing.
White Knight gets $5.
Kantobreeder gets $10.

Last edited by Velocity; 01-30-2013 at 01:44 AM. Reason: pay error
Closed Thread