Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Pokemon Main Boards » Pokemon: Games » First & Second Generations

First & Second Generations Discuss the first and second generation games: Red, Blue, Yellow, Gold, Silver and Crystal.

Old 09-30-2012, 11:48 PM
Zugh25 Offline

Default You're Using THAT Pokemon?

Call me old fashion, but my friends and I have the hobby of raising up our RBY and GSC teams to 100 and having competitive battles. In a metagame dominated by Chansey, Alakazam, Dragonite, and later Tyrantitar and Skarmory, I make a point to win using pokemon that others would pass of off as a joke; originality is just important to me. I just started a new file on my Crystal Version a few weeks ago, and I got my first level 100 today in the form of a Quagsire. In my Yellow Version, my team members include Kangaskhan, Tangela, and Cloyster.

In Crystal, Quagsire is the only Water/Ground type. While this gives him the incredible disadvantage to grass types, and if looking for a water most would opt for a Starmie or maybe a Slowbro, he is a high HP (393 to be exact) bulky water, with a decent attack and a STAB Earthquake that nobody would want to switch into. Are there any pokemon that you use on your teams that, although they are not the strongest, you use to surprise your opponents and win?
Old 12-20-2012, 06:57 PM
BidoofIsBest Offline

Default Re: You're Using THAT Pokemon?

lol My Bibarel is often a shock to my opponents, he is almost always underestimated. His strong defense and wide variety of attacks constantly catch people off guard and launch me to victory.
Old 12-21-2012, 12:36 AM
Altrius Offline

Quote:
Originally Posted by BidoofIsBest View Post
lol My Bibarel is often a shock to my opponents, he is almost always underestimated. His strong defense and wide variety of attacks constantly catch people off guard and launch me to victory.
I'd love to agree, but Bibarel is perhaps one of the easiest pokemon to walk all over. He has a diverse group of attacks, but his stats are too low to actually do anything with them.

On topic, I used to run a team dubbed 'POWER UP THAT NIDOKING.' Certainly an interesting team. I used Venomoth with Quiver Dance/Baton Pass/Sleep Powder. His speed is decent, so he could outspeed most starters. Only downside is Sleep Power isn't Spore, but the general idea was to quiver dance 2-3 times then baton pass to Nidoking, which would then proceed to sweep their team with his extremely diverse movepool. It was fun at least.

http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/foru...d.php?t=113373 The link to the thread for interest. Appears the images I used back then are now outdated.

Last edited by Altrius; 12-21-2012 at 12:40 AM.
Old 12-21-2012, 05:49 PM
Master Aqua Offline

Send a message via AIM to Master Aqua Send a message via MSN to Master Aqua

going a little old school, very classy
Old 12-23-2012, 04:45 AM
Skamory7 Offline

Well... since its GSC RBY I'd say Jynx and Dewgong

Old 12-23-2012, 06:13 PM
Master Aqua Offline

Send a message via AIM to Master Aqua Send a message via MSN to Master Aqua

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skamory7 View Post
Well... since its GSC RBY I'd say Jynx and Dewgong
Jynx was surprisingly good in rby.
Old 12-23-2012, 07:28 PM
Dark Moonlight Offline

I don't think in terms of competitive battling or stats, I just choose my favourite Pokémon or ones I find pretty. I started Pokémon with the Sinnoh region, so I used Floatzel or Gastrodon (depending on which version), also I used Lopunny a lot. I also like Carnivine, but nobody seems to like him :( Finally, and I'm not even sure if this counts, I use Abomasnow frequently.

I use my favourite Pokémon, or ones I think are cool. Once I've finished the game, that's when I start going for Pokémon with good stats or something of the sort.

Spoiler: