Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Pokemon Main Boards » Pokemon: Games » Other Pokemon Games

Other Pokemon Games Discuss all Pokemon spin-off games here, including Pokemon Ranger, Mystery Dungeon, Pinball, Colosseum, XD, Stadium, Snap, Super Smash Bros., Hey You Pikachu!, Battle Revolution and PokePark Wii.

Old 12-17-2012, 12:42 AM
Typhlosion Explosion Offline
~Blast Burn

Send a message via AIM to Typhlosion Explosion Send a message via Skype™ to Typhlosion Explosion
Default Pokemon Mystery Dungeon Magnagate & The Infinite Labyrinth

The game has been released in Japan already, so I thought it was high time for some discussion on this!

NOTE: This thread will prolly contain spoilers. Spoiler codes are recommended!

Honestly, I'm really disappointed by this game. :( No starter quiz, only five starter choices (three of them are Gen V starters) and the other two are Pikachu and Axew. I was hoping for Cyndaquil AT LEAST, and I don't like any of the starter choices... There are VERY few Pokemon from past generations as well. There are only Generation V legendaries, and the best (imo) aren't even able to be recruited. It's also 3DS exclusive, so people without 3DSs can't play. I don't really much care for the plot either, since it mainly consists of missions and that's it. DX I hope I didn't ruin anyone's view on the game with my opinion, I just don't think this is Nintendo's greatest work. :( The graphics are lovely, but I would have loved it a lot more even if it were basic as long as it had a variety of choices. I don't like most of the music either. :(

/end hate rant

What's your opinions on this new game? O:
Old 02-24-2013, 12:18 PM
TrainerKristian Offline

Default Re: Pokemon Mystery Dungeon Magnagate & The Infinite Labyrinth

Look at the bright side: There are lots of new features like the Magnagates.
Old 03-09-2013, 10:07 PM
Gameking Offline

I have the American demo, and I personally love it! A lot of those things you said are bad, but if you overlook it, it's a very great game. It's very funny to hear Herdier with a Scottish accent, and Swanna's Call Me Maybe reference made me laugh so hard! Also, the controls are way better now, and I no longer find it an inconvenience to select a move, equip an item, or even change what moves my partner is allowed to use. I agree that they should've had more past Generation Pokemon, and it should have more options then what it had, but I actually like having the choice for what Pokemon I am. If you just overlook it's flaws, its a whole lot better than it used to be. (Although I wish I could make my partner Mudkip still.)
Old 03-11-2013, 11:12 AM
goldwynaut Offline

No starter quiz? I am going to miss restarting my game 9001 times and take the quiz again to get to be the pokemon I want.

I don't see why being a 3ds exclusive makes this game worse, only hoenbabbies and people who don't realize the 3ds is going to replace DS don't have it yet, seriously, unless you have a bad economy you should own a 3ds by now, it came out a year ago

next thing is how nintendo decides to revive an old, boring, overused and unfunny meme; call me maybe. Why didn't nintendo realize that the meme is old and dead and unfunny? Now the song is stuck in my head, and i cant get it out.

the music must at least be likable, and there must be manly tears at the end, if not it isn't PMD.
Old 03-11-2013, 12:36 PM
~Blast Burn

Send a message via AIM to Typhlosion Explosion Send a message via Skype™ to Typhlosion Explosion

I have the demo and can't put it down. :3 I still don't like how no quiz or limited starters, but the game sure is fun! Finding a managate takes me forever. ;-;.

Overall, I like this game a lot more than the previous PMDs!

I dunno, some people don't want a 3DS. Conquest came out for DS, of course it was probably being made before the 3DS, but I was expecting 3DS. Of course, some people loathe the 3DS and will probably stop with Gen V, like some people loathed the DS and stopped with Gen III.
Old 03-11-2013, 08:26 PM
goldwynaut Offline

Its promising to hear that you cant put the game down, addictive equals good from my point of view

By the way
Spoiler:
Is sylveon your new obsession?
Old 03-11-2013, 10:52 PM
~Blast Burn

Well, obsession is a strong word. xD

I was hoping they'd add Sylveon to PMD 3D, like Lucario in PMD. O:
Old 03-12-2013, 07:47 AM
goldwynaut Offline

Quote:
Originally Posted by Typhlosion Explosion View Post
Well, obsession is a strong word. xD

I was hoping they'd add Sylveon to PMD 3D, like Lucario in PMD. O:
then the game would have to be developed later on, remember that the original PMD was released very far out on the gameboy advance's life time

Also Fennekin and Typhlosion hates you forever
Old 03-12-2013, 08:36 AM
~Blast Burn

Most people agree X and Y have been in production for a long time, since it'll be a worldwide release AND 3D, etc. O:

But since the starters were revealed, I don't think any XY Pokemon would be in PMD 3D. That, and there's no mention of it over the internet. xD
Old 03-12-2013, 08:44 AM
goldwynaut Offline

Just like with pokemon X and Y, the no like Japanese nerds wont find all the secrets of the game within 000,01943 seconds within release and post it on 2chan, because its release is worldwide, and gamefreak could hide something in there, like a secret pokemon or a secret gym, that would be awesome, there may a generation 6 pokemon somewhere in there, but it hasnt been discovered yet, this is unlikely, however, since it should have been discovered by now if there is one.
Old 03-26-2013, 12:52 PM
TrainerKristian Offline

I could happen in X and Y, however. (I really hope so!)
Old 04-04-2013, 08:01 PM
Obliveon Offline

I have to agree that the missions are repetitive and boring, but the paradise fearure itself is pretty cool. Never been able to personally decide what to build in a PMD game before. As for plot, I think it's pretty good so far. :) Though I've hit one of those points where it is gonna take me like 40 tries to get through a dungeon. On the upside, I love being able to play as Axew.