Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Other Boards » Other Chat

Other Chat For non-Pokemon discussion on everything else. For casual talk only, any more serious topics such as current events, should be in the Discussion. You can talk about anything else that is not covered in the other "Other Boards" that are above.

Old 12-16-2012, 04:44 AM
Cobalt Shadow Offline

Send a message via MSN to Cobalt Shadow Send a message via Skype™ to Cobalt Shadow
Default Re: Daily Chit Chat

People consider homicide to be such a little thing. Even if it is in defence, it is still ending another human being life. I am not saying that the gun man didn't deserve to die. He deserves to rot in hell. But even if he does deserve to die, ending another humans life isn't the easiest thing (for a mentally stable person) to do. If people had concealed weapons, that doesn't mean they would use them.

Dragotech, Eternal Moonlight and I are the PE2k Wolf Pack! Fear Fredward the Sparklepire, Bidoof the Soulless and Slenderfairy!
Banner Made by Me
Old 12-16-2012, 05:07 AM
Dragotech Offline

As hard as it is to ammend the constitution, it is improbable that Congress will bother trying.
It is actually harder to modify the Bill of Rights according to my research.
From a legal standpoint, it is possible to ammend the Constitution to null the second ammendment with another ammendment.
This would of course cause a political backlash.
My own personal experience, as a Southerner, shows that many people are willing to die for the right to keep their guns.
Many people were also upset enough by the recent presidential election that some of them began petitioning to secede from the Union.
Think of the backlash that would occur if guns were outlawed for the civilian population.
I don't know about you guys, but I personally would prefer to avoid a second Civil War.

Last edited by Dragotech; 12-16-2012 at 05:11 AM.
Old 12-16-2012, 09:54 AM
goldwynaut Offline

looking at the bright side, if we didnt have guns, we wouldnt have these delicous lolz
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n5HxwGnZryw

also, this topic is probably too serious for DCC, somebody gotta make a thread in the discussion boards
Old 12-16-2012, 10:09 AM
Cobalt Shadow Offline

Send a message via MSN to Cobalt Shadow Send a message via Skype™ to Cobalt Shadow

That sounds good Gold. Best thing you have ever said

Dragotech, Eternal Moonlight and I are the PE2k Wolf Pack! Fear Fredward the Sparklepire, Bidoof the Soulless and Slenderfairy!
Banner Made by Me
Old 12-16-2012, 11:25 AM
goldwynaut Offline

Thnx what do i win?
Old 12-16-2012, 11:54 AM
Cobalt Shadow Offline

My respect. Expires in an hour

Banner Made by Me
Old 12-16-2012, 12:35 PM
SHADOW_JOKER Offline

Hey guys, I'm new here. I just thought I would come to this part of the forum to get to know a few people. So what are your names?
Old 12-16-2012, 12:38 PM
Cobalt Shadow Offline

I am Cobalt, but you can call me Jacob. I am from Australia, and am a guitarist :)

Banner Made by Me
Old 12-16-2012, 12:46 PM
Negative Zone Offline

Gold, just because you want the DCC to be your personal "lulz" chatroom, doesn't mean a topic is too serious for it.
As long as you remember her,
you are not alone.

Old 12-16-2012, 12:54 PM
Cobalt Shadow Offline

I think what he is saying is that we have a perfectly good discussion board for things like this, which Honestly, could use all the activity it can get

Banner Made by Me
Old 12-16-2012, 01:05 PM
goldwynaut Offline

Quote:
Originally Posted by Negative Zone View Post
Gold, just because you want the DCC to be your personal "lulz" chatroom, doesn't mean a topic is too serious for it.
Quote:
other boards description:
For non-Pokemon discussion on everything else. For casual talk only, any more serious topics such as current events, should be in the Discussion. You can talk about anything else that is not covered in the other "Other Boards" that are above.
Seems like the topic indeed is too serious.
Old 12-16-2012, 02:32 PM
Lan.exe Offline

Send a message via AIM to Lan.exe

You guys make me happy.

I seriously wasn't expecting to come back to 2 pages of serious discussion, haha. I agree with Gold, we should switch the topic though, cause it's pretty depressing. Either way you look at an issue like that, it boils down to people pointing the fingers at why something happened. I don't think more gun control would help, because I think the point of the second amendment, is so that when something like this happens, you wouldn't need to wait for the police to arrive 15/20 minutes later; civilians would be able to handle themselves. The way I see it, this wasn't some crazy horrible monster who did these things. This was a 20-year old kid like us, who was probably really depressed and frustrated with the world. He obviously saw no point to living anymore and decided to do what he did. I don't think we should be attacking the offender as much as we do, because in my eyes, they are really just another victim. I mean, seriously, he killed his own mother. If that isn't an indication of how much someone resents ever being alive, I don't know what is. In my mind, the area we should be focusing on is mental health, and not really for specific people, but for the general population.

Oh, and if you guys want something else to talk about, how about this new remix of the Red/Lance Battle Theme from GSC that I made?
Old 12-16-2012, 03:06 PM
LS Offline

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lan.exe View Post
You guys make me happy.

I seriously wasn't expecting to come back to 2 pages of serious discussion, haha. I agree with Gold, we should switch the topic though, cause it's pretty depressing. Either way you look at an issue like that, it boils down to people pointing the fingers at why something happened. I don't think more gun control would help, because I think the point of the second amendment, is so that when something like this happens, you wouldn't need to wait for the police to arrive 15/20 minutes later; civilians would be able to handle themselves. The way I see it, this wasn't some crazy horrible monster who did these things. This was a 20-year old kid like us, who was probably really depressed and frustrated with the world. He obviously saw no point to living anymore and decided to do what he did. I don't think we should be attacking the offender as much as we do, because in my eyes, they are really just another victim. I mean, seriously, he killed his own mother. If that isn't an indication of how much someone resents ever being alive, I don't know what is. In my mind, the area we should be focusing on is mental health, and not really for specific people, but for the general population.

Oh, and if you guys want something else to talk about, how about this new remix of the Red/Lance Battle Theme from GSC that I made?
Lan: Making a difference.

I thought that remix was EPIC as hell.
Old 12-16-2012, 05:07 PM
Typhlosion Explosion Offline
~Blast Burn

Send a message via AIM to Typhlosion Explosion Send a message via Skype™ to Typhlosion Explosion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragotech View Post
As hard as it is to ammend the constitution, it is improbable that Congress will bother trying.
It is actually harder to modify the Bill of Rights according to my research.
From a legal standpoint, it is possible to ammend the Constitution to null the second ammendment with another ammendment.
This would of course cause a political backlash.
My own personal experience, as a Southerner, shows that many people are willing to die for the right to keep their guns.
Many people were also upset enough by the recent presidential election that some of them began petitioning to secede from the Union.
Think of the backlash that would occur if guns were outlawed for the civilian population.
I don't know about you guys, but I personally would prefer to avoid a second Civil War.

The republicans wouldn't pass it. DX It's have top go by the Supreme Court which also have very very very biased members. I'm a southerner too. :( Honestly, the south are seriously idiots. Basically a good term would be 'cry babies' because they lost and now they want to quit. -_- Texas is probably the worst of them (not all Texans are bad, just those people that do those things that I'm to lazy to explain). Gun Control =/= Taking away all guns. Even though I'd be okay with no guns anywhere ever again. As Kenny said, guns are bad any way you put it.

It'd be pretty hard to have a Civil War without guns. ;D

Well if there were no guns, you really wouldn't NEED concealed weapons...You can really over come knives by hand, as well as strangulation or something non-weapon related can be stopped easily as well if they don't have a gun.
Old 12-16-2012, 08:09 PM
Lan.exe Offline

Send a message via AIM to Lan.exe

If we didn't kill people with guns, we'd do it with much more violent and painful methods. As hard as it is to accept, violence is part of life. We're both creative and destructive by nature. Forcing people not to be violent doesn't work. Maybe if the media wasn't so violent, our culture wouldn't be either.