Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Interactive Boards » Role Play

Role Play Make Role Plays or join them. It's your world. Everybody else just lives in it.

Old 10-26-2012, 04:21 AM
Winter Offline

Send a message via Skype™ to Winter
Default Re: Nexen [RP]

Allen Whiteflower, Shiba Set, and Argeno Balk
Deviant Tungz, Tattu, and Graphix
Grant's Pass, USA
ARPers: Velocity, Sabi, and Nar

Before the man in overalls could speak, another approached. "This IS the junkyard you're looking for." he said, waving his right hand in front of their faces while impersonating the voice of an old man. Shiba and Argeno frowned, both stepping protectively around Al, who wrinkled her nose at the guy. None of the three liked him, and he'd only spoken a single sentence so far. The stranger made the same wave to overall guy's face and said in the same voice, "Let them pass." The taken-aback expression on Al's face (which was half-hidden by her hoodie's neck, seemed to summarize their feelings well enough: Who did this guy think he was? Overalls guy looked more like the owner than he did, so why on earth was the guy acting like he owned the place? Shiba's frown deepened, and then he turned to them.

"So, Shiri, Kari, Silverstreak. May I have the names you go by in this world? You can call me Doc." That got the strongest reaction yet. Shiba, without looking, shoved Al backward, towards Argeno, and shot forward, grabbing a fistful of the guy's lab coat.

"Those names, how do you know them?" Shiba snarled, meanwhile, Al had fallen back into Argeno hard enough to knock the earbuds out of her ears, and both 'Doc' and Al were about to get hoisted up for very different reasons when another voice broke in.

"You idiot, we want these people to trust us, you ignorant ass." This brought pause to the both Argeno and Shiba, who clearly looked torn--was this the safe place they had thought it was supposed to be, or was this a trap? In Argeno's grasp, Al squirmed, clearly uncomfortable with her earbuds now hanging from their wires at the front of her hoodie rather than being fitted snugly into her ears.

The newcomer quickly introduced himself to Daniel while Shiba, Al, and Argeno stood frozen, their better judgement screaming at them that this was a trap and that they needed to run...and then the guy in the overalls started talking.

“Oy, quiet down. This is that garage if y’all talked to Gesser," he said, looking at Argeno, still holding the smaller girl of the group by her shoulders, a look of discomfort steadily growing on Al's face, and then over to the cars. “Eh yeah I think I got somethin’ that don’t stick out too much. That set of wheels you got has been through tons of rough roads. Might be able to fix ‘er up too. I’ll take a look, see what I got.” Argeno was too confused to say that he would love to have the Clinker get a fix-up, it was old and he loved the cars to death, but he was still baffled by the contrast between Doc and the others remarks.

Overalls guy then turned turned his attention to Doc. “You, enough with the quotes. I already don’t like you.”

"That makes most of us, I would think," Shiba grumbled, still keeping hold of the fistful of fabric she had, attention focused on the doctor no one so far seemed to like, while Argeno suddenly caught sight of another who had come out to join the group--another who wore no color, except for maybe the bandanna around their neck, and whose face was hidden from view. Al trembled, fighting not to throw a fit over her loss of music, but the tension around her prevented her from shoving the earbuds back in her ears, and Argeno's attention was now totally taken up by the person whose presence screamed WAE.

Which was why when Al began to sing, he nearly dropped her. "It takes acquired minds to taste, to taste, to taste this wine/ You can't down it with your eyes/ So we don't need the headlines/ No, we don't want your headlines/ We just want..." Al's tiny voice had started just murmuring the words, but they quickly got louder and more steady sounding. The irony was amazing, as he recognized the song, and knew the rest of it--it was one of Al's favorite "freedom anthems" or sorts, and she had a thing for Paramore. A lot of songs of theirs were pieces of irony in this situation... Argeno just hoped someone would either explain that they were safe or try and attack them already. This was too confusing.

Shiri Namida, Kari Penn, and Silverstreak Watermark
Umecit, Nexen
ARPers: The big group

Kari snorted at the floating blue ball's suggestion of a team name. "Because that's totally not self-centered," she shot, rolling her eyes. Beside her, Shiri shrugged.

"Hey, at least he's honest, if a bit annoying," she said, brushing a bit of hair back behind her ear. Then she looked up as Veza unrolled herself, seemingly intrigued by something.

“This please is most unusual… I feel warmth from these stones," she said, looking around. “Does anyone else feel that we are not walking on normal ground?” Kari, Silverstreak, and Shiri all swiveled their heads around, scanning for any sign of danger before Shiri crouched down to put her hand against the rocks.

"Well, it's warm, but I have no idea why... I've never left Umecit, so I'm clueless," the Siren murmured. Silverstreak let out a mental sigh.

"I've heard of creatures stumbling across castles of ice around here and sometimes in Inanu, but not anything like this..." the dragon said slowly.

Ryza Hale and Nova Bard
WAE Graphix and Enginez
WAE HQ
ARPers: N/A

The pair kept silent as they walked down the hall, following the woman. Ryza observed that she didn't seem to bother checking behind her to make sure that she and Nova kept up with her pace. She was WAE, what did she really care? Ryza just barely prevented herself from snorting at her own mental response. What did she care? Probably not much; whether they followed or got lost, it would most likely be the same to her.

She glanced up in time to see Nova chewing on his bottom lip almost nervously before they arrived at a door not much different than any other in the hall. "Mr. Acursio is just inside, knock when you are ready to enter," she told them primly before leaving them standing in front of the door.

"Are you okay, Nova?" Ryza asked, noting he was still chewing on his bottom lip. Nova jumped slightly before looking at her and nodding.

"Yes, I'm just fine...just a bit nervous," he muttered in reply, shaking his head. "Come on, let's not push this back any farther," he said as he knocked gently. He received no response. Nova tried again, louder this time, and still got no response. After a third, rather loud knock, he opened the door, frowning. Was something wrong?

"Mr. Acursio?" he called softly as her entered, Ryza following. She felt that as though any moment, alarms would start going off, as though they had done something wrong... Except no alarms went off. In fact, Adrian Acursio didn't even respond. He sat unresponsive in a chair by a bed, the smell of coffee filling the room. "Mr. Acursio?" Nova repeated, spotting him, and then he froze.

"Is he okay...?" Ryza whispered, Nova shook his head.

"I have no idea, Ryza," he replied before trying again. "Mr.--" He stopped speaking as Adrian lifted his head to see them standing there.

“Oh…Nova and Ryza…hello.” Ryza jumped as though he had shouted, looking unnerved. Nova winced as she tightened her grip on his arm further, almost digging her nails into his arm through his lab coat.

"We were told you wanted to see us, sir?" Nova said, looking a bit surprised himself, but otherwise, he gave nothing away.

Aerys and Thirteen
Inner Enfin
ARPer's: N/A...I think?

Thirteen paced across the room impatiently. "First he sends people after us, accuses us of terrorizing chameleons, and then chats us up before going 'Here's a room, have fun,' and leaving us here?" the vampire asked agitatedly. Aerys watched her from her seat cross-legged on the floor.

"He seems to be the leader figure here, he must be busy," the Guardian replied, shrugging. Thirteen looked annoyed.

"Yes, but still...ugh, I hate this."

"It isn't like we're prisoners, Thirteen. We aren't locked in; we could leave if we really wanted to," Aerys pointed out softly, tilting her head as Thirteen strode across the floor one way and then the next.

"And? They're a resistance group. Who we need to be hanging around with, really. We can't just leave now that we've found them, " Thirteen countered, Aerys sighed.

"We could leave the room if you wanted. You're going to wear a track in the floor if you keep it up," the robotic girl grumbled.

Mao Masuyo, Hanbei, and Takumi "Kanon" Atsushi
Deviant Scribz, Tungz, and Fabz
Shibuya, Japan
ARPers: N/A right now

"I need to see Kanon," the man grumbled, gesturing to the door next to her. Mao Masuyo just gave the man an infuriating smile and leaned in close to his face.

"News flash, everyone wants to see Kanon these days," she shot back over the sound of the radio by her feet, blasting unauthorized music from a hijacked channel. It ricocheted off the walls of the hallway and created an almost eerie effect, and quite a humorous one as well, considering the line of people that had been crammed in the hallway earlier. "Who do you think everyone is here to see?" she asked him. "They certainly didn't head into an abandoned building looking for a party."

"I could swat you away like a fly, little girl," the larger man threatened, and Mao let out a sharp laugh, careful not to throw her head back when she did for fear of knocking the green chin-cut wig off her head, despite the fact half a hood held it in place.

She took care to push the delicate-looking fake glasses up her nose before she spoke again. "You're a Tattu? Thanks for volunteering the info; I now know the best strategy to use against you. Size and ability won't help you fight me; just sit down and wait your turn, strongman." The man let out an animalistic growl in reply, and that was the end of it.

"Come on now, let's take it easy," a soft voice commanded as a boy only slightly shorter than Mao rose from a collapsible chair on the other side of the radio. "If you would just have some patience, and stop trying to pick a fight with the lovely lady, Kanon will see you as soon as he's done taking his current commission. Until then, please calm down and wait patiently," he suggested warmly, punctuating the sentence with a smile. For a moment, the other man looked confused, and then he shook his head and stepped away from Mao, re-joining the last few people looking to order outfits from 'Kanon.' She wondered if he even realized he had just been ordered around by a Tungz. Mao glanced over at the boy, wishing they could go home so she could get both her wig and his off. Hanbei didn't look right with a blond bob and electric blue eyes. She wasn't a fan of commission days, but they were a necessary evil to keep paying the bills, unfortunately. This meant that for the next few days, Takumi would be holed up in the basement of the house they shared, and she would be pestering him to come up for air every few hours.

Her housemate was dedicated to his work, and she was dedicated to her role as mother hen of the trio. Hanbei would complain they didn't see him enough in those next few days, too, but that just meant she would have more of an excuse to drag Takumi up, or maybe they would all put in a little bit of time down in the basement with him--they both knew enough of Takumi's process to know how to produce clothes on their own, even though Takumi never actually let them.

"Thanks," she murmured to Hanbei, and the boy inclined his head.

"You're welcome," he murmured back returning to his chair and becoming a ball of hoodies and shirts and a single heavy coat--he looked homeless, Mao thought, and then shook her head. No, there was no need for thoughts like that, she didn't need to jinx their luck. With that, the girl was left to lean against the doorframe and drown in the j-pop that flowed through the speakers of the raddio by her feet until Takumi came out and told her they were done or until the WAE took the station back. Mao figured Takumi would be done before the station was.

OOC: WHOO! Long post! ...and an odd intro to Takumi and crew.

EDIT: Also, that song al is singing; it's "Born for This" by Paramore, the chourus, to be exact.

Banner by me! | My dA | My FF.Net

Last edited by Winter; 10-26-2012 at 04:43 AM.
Old 11-17-2012, 12:23 AM
Socratic Sarcasm Offline

Dr. Gregory Matthew Xanatos
Enginez Deviant
The guy’s house
ARPers: Sabi (Amiel) Velo (Simon, Daniel) Winter (The Roses)

Great. Now I was pushed up against a wall by a little girl orders of magnitude stronger than I was. Not only that, but the allies I was supposed to be making were all suspicious of me. While I was trying to come up with a way to put their worries to rest, my larynx and tongue decided to, upon seeing my foot in my mouth, conspire to shove it down my poor esophagus.

“For crying out loud, if you’re going to be paranoid, at least be thorough about it. Through your halfassedness, you missed no less than seven ways I could have killed, disabled, or captured everyone in that truck between the time you got out and the time you decided get all scawwyyyy.” Of course I had to use the patronizing baby voice, because I wasn’t already Mariana Trench deep in my own crap already,”I mean, how do you know I don’t have a knife in my sleeve? Or a a gun in my lab coat? Or even explosives on my person?” All these were, of course, true, but I knew I wasn’t going to use them against her.

I was still rebooting the connection between my brain and my speech when I heard the mechanic’s remark and Supergirl’s reply. I instantly put cheer into my voice as I said,“That’s good; I wouldn’t want my life to change too much. And it’s appropriate, too; I really wouldn’t mind if basically everyone on Earth dropped mysteriously, so rest assured that I really don’t like any of you either. It’s not personal, though. Now, with this piece of information, you may wonder why I seek an alliance with people, and why I decided to curse YOU with my presence. Well that’s simple: while I don’t like you, I must confess a certain loathing for the Wicked Apathetic Evilness that transcends my normal dislike for humanity. I mean they keep me from pacing! How dare they keep me from my pacing?! So as long as you’re working to make them all die, suffer, and die, I’m perfectly fine with working with you, kinda like most people wear socks when their feet are really cold even though they’re slippery and stifling.”

“Now, as to how I know your names Over There. That’s simple, really: you told me. Granted, it was in the Land of Dreams, but that doesn’t change the fact that it was you who told me. I’ve always wondered about the differentiation between Sona and person, in fact: what are we if not our thought, and what are our Sonas if not their epitome?”

Dos
Sona
Aheolus (or however you spell it), Nexen
ARPers: No, Dos, that level of egotism is NOT allowed.

I heard the girls in the trio making smartass remarks, and I was about to demonstrate that living with an Engine in your head made you a master at them when V spoke, mentioning something about... warmth in the stones?

Warmth in the stones? I thought to myself. I could barely believe it, until I reached out with my telekinesis and felt the rocks in my mind. I didn't move them: it was like putting a hand on something. Sure enough, the rocks were warm. Far warmer than the environment. I began thinking aloud, hoping the others might be able to pick something that would fit from the ideas I was tossing out as they formed.

"I primarily hung around in Enfin, so I can't really say with confidence how things work in Aheolus. I've seen Sonas with enough power to make the air around them warm, but if that was the answer, our bodies' heats would have altered the temperature now. It's as though there's a huge reservoir of substance at that temperature around the stones, geothermal?, but obviously we're lifting them up without a temperature change, so that isn't it. Perhaps something is continuously pumping in power at the same rate as the stones are losing it? But that's a waste of energy. A lot of it." I thought of something that Doc was bouncing around a few weeks ago,"Guys, my Deviant likes to study Nexen in his spare time. He has a whole hidden library on the subject. Not all in one place, though." And definitely not in his house. He'd been preparing for capture for a while, out of sheer paranoia than anything else, and he did NOT need those found,"He said that it's theoretically possible to construct a place as a Sona. He mentioned though, that it would take quite a bit of power to do it, because the Sona would have to be large enough to be immobile. That amount of power could be radiating from the stones the Sona is rooted in. But why would anyone want to deliberately make an immobile Sona? It takes a lot of power for not much of a benefit. Unless you count control of the area it's in. Well, the area it IS. Hmm..."

Michael Mikulak
Tungz Deviant
WAE HQ Interrogation Room #44
ARPers: Velo (Teri)

I was actually awake before I was awake.

You may wonder what I mean by that. It's simple, really. I feigned sleep after I woke up from getting knocked out to ensure that I had my emotions under control before I spoke, then to observe Teri (if only through hearing) recover and form a plan as to how exactly I was going to strike next.

In case you're wondering, the emotion I was trying to conceal was not rage. It was glee. Now, I was only twelve, so let me assure you that I had no sexual tastes yet, masochistic, sadistic, or otherwise. But that didn't mean I couldn't be happy with the fact that Teri had walked right into my emotional trap. Rule number one of interrogations: always remain in control of your emotions. You lose that, you lose. End of story.

When I was under control and my head stopped thumping wildly, I pulled myself up and into my chair. I studied Teri, and I noticed she was acting as though nothing had happened. As though she was the one still in control.

I was going to shatter that delusion right about... now.

"Miss Maverick, you just came in here, all gung-ho, trying to act like your normal arrogant despicable self. But Teri," I twisted the word into something sickly sweet,"if a couple of notes from a child whose specialty isn't even music brought you to your knees, what would songs, PLURAL, do to you? You say that if I sing again, you'll break everything I don't need to speak. But here's the thing: if I can speak, I can sing. And if I sing, guess what I'm going to do when singing has already proven to be so effective? Oh, not now. I just need to wait. Now, since you have done me the courtesy of dropping the act, Miss Maverick, I will do you the same kindness. You see, I'm not like most Devs. Most Devs think, no, HOPE, that the WAE can be redeemed. But I am of the firm opinion they can't. You know why? Because to be able to redeem something, it has to be human. And there are no humans among the WAE, only vermin, to be exterminated. I think I've been doing a pretty good job as an exterminator so far. What say you?”

Me, vicious? Never.

Leeroy
Colossus Sona
Engineer’s Place, Enfin
ARPers: Velo (Engineer), Winter indirectly (Aerys and 13)

I came from the lines holding my arm.

I don’t mean I was holding it like a baby. I mean I was holding it, in my other hand, because it had fallen off.

On the other hand, I was happy. I had just come back from a raid, and killed about 15 WAEs. Not my best, but not bad, either. I still felt like crap, though. I mean, I was falling apart. Not joking. My leg was about to come off due this one snake’s bite, and if I wasn’t a machine, I would have passed out from the pain and the poison. But at least the fight was fun.

Hopefully, the Engie would be able to patch me up. At least, he’s done it the past five times I’ve lost limbs. Heh. Once, he even made me a new one. I don’t think he was happy about it, though. Michael wasn’t. Michael told me to stop acting like an idiot every time I fight. I told him that I fought in the only someone should fight: with pure rage. I told him that when I fought, I didn’t need to think.

The brat said that that was good, since I didn’t know how to think. I was annoyed, but didn’t talk to him further about that.

‘Course, that was weeks ago. Now the brat was fighting his way, with his words. Words. Never cared much for ‘em. I just prefer to bash heads. You can’t talk if you don’t have a head.

I barely made it into the workshop before my leg fell off and I fell on my ass. I then waited for the guy who was gonna fix me up.

OoC: Leeroy's post was annoying. I had to make an active effort to dumb down my words. Michael's given the pass that his mother would always use big words, so he picked them up, but Leeroy's kinda dumb. Not a complete idiot, but he doesn't exactly read Dr. Zhivago in the original Russian in his spare time either.

Old 12-02-2012, 07:14 PM
Velocity Offline
ASB Official

Daniel Redrock
Deviant Graphix
Grant's Pass.
ARPers: narphoenix (Doc), Sabi (Amiel), Winter_Cherry (Al, Shiba, and Argeno)

Daniel turned to his new acquaintance. "How does he know all these names?" the Grafix hissed. "What's going -"

He stopped as Shiba slammed the doctor against a wall, demanding to know where the latter had gotten those names. Daniel took a step back, not wanting to get involved in the fighting. Simon merely rolled his eyes and pulled his tatty red hoodie closer to his bony frame. "That man is a moron," he muttered low enough for only Daniel to hear. "And that chick's going to gouge his flipping eyes out if he doesn't watch himself."

"Oy, quiet down," the mechanic groused, looking critically at Argeno's car. "This is that garage if y’all talked to Gesser. Eh, yeah I think I got somethin’ that don’t stick out too much. That set of wheels you got has been through tons of rough roads. Might be able to fix ‘er up too. I’ll take a look, see what I got." He proceeded to glare at the lab-coated man. "You," he growled. "Enough with the quotes. I already don't like you."

The good (-at-annoying-everyone) doctor was talking again: "I’ve always wondered about the differentiation between Sona and person, in fact," he said, "what are we if not our thought, and what are our Sonas if not their epitome?”

Daniel looked at Doc curiously; the words made him wonder about his predicament with Cyrus. The epitome of our thoughts... Surely that wasn't right. Surely Sonas were their own, unique beings? If that wasn't true, Daniel was likely insane - unable to communicate with his own thoughts! He sighed, wishing for the thousandth time that he could just have a normal conversation with his Sona like everyone else.

'Normal'. The irony of that word put a faint smile on his face.

Theresa Maverick
WAE Tuner
Ambiguous WAE Base.
ARPers: narphoenix (Michael)

Teri glared at the boy as she watched him rise. Calm, she thought. If he decided to sing again, she was going to beat him within an inch of his barely-lived life, that was certain; but she wasn't going to use that tactic otherwise unless it became necessary. So she merely listened, doing her best to hear the words but let the tones bounce off her, as the boy spoke.

She was silent for a long time as she chewed the words over in her head, not replying immediately. Given her partnership with the ever manipulative, domineering Domini, Teri had learned much better than most how to deal with a Tungz and was now putting this knowledge to use. Forget the tone; analyze the words under a lens of facts. If you believe what he says, you're going to lose.

With a deep breath, Teri began, "First of all, you seem to be suffering from the delusion that I am afraid of you, which - surprise, surprise - I am not. Now, if I'm speaking honestly, I will admit that you have been a thorn in our side for a long time. But I do find it quite ironic that you call me arrogant. I think you’ve badly exaggerated your own importance. You are one child and the WAE fill the world. We are a force that you, for all of your gilt-tongued eloquence, cannot stop, and you’re a fool for thinking otherwise. And as for your talk of ‘redemption’, do you genuinely think that I care to be ‘redeemed’? Perhaps the WAE aren’t human. To err is to be human, and since that is the case I would prefer to be evolved beyond that meager standard and be something else, something more, instead."

Simon Pruitt
Deviant Enginez
Grant's Pass.
ARPers: narphoenix (Doc), Sabi (Amiel), Winter_Cherry (Al, Shiba, and Argeno)

Simon rolled his eyes as Doc blathered, clapping his fingers against his thumb like flapping gums. Seriously, why did he insist on digging his own grave? Then he stepped forward into the fray, putting up his hands as if to separate Doc and the girl who held him, but without touching either. "Listen," he said firmly, looking into Shiba's eyes. "I sincerely apologize for my... Um, I don't even know what to call this guy. Anyway, he's being a jerk. Sorry.” He sighed. “Now listen. I know that we all don’t trust each other in the slightest, and that’s fine. Great. Do what you want. But I’m just going to say that we don’t have any reason to be fighting right now. So, please kindly stop. Otherwise we’re never going to get anything done.”

He stepped back a bit, tensed to intervene again if either of them made a move. “Anyway, my name’s Simon, for those of you who don’t know. Hi.”

Ayami Chiyoko
Deviant Tattu
Shibuya, Japan
ARPers: None at the moment

Ayami stood back to admire her work: a white crane in flight, surrounded by rainbow colors, painted on the side of a hotel. Wonderful. With a satisfied smile, she tossed her cans of spray-paint into her backpack and hopped off the crate she'd been standing on. She danced down the streets, wishing that the WAE could see how beautiful it all was: all the Deviants milling about. It was an uncertain situation, to be sure, but Ayami was undaunted. The WAE will not take back this city!

Cyrus Nelvenmig and Fury
'Lion-thing' and other lion-thing
Umecit, en route to Ahaelos
ARPers: Hem.

As Fury lagged behind the group, lost in thoughts, she heard Veza talking about warmth in the stones below them. Curious, Fury placed her pads on the rocks; certainly enough, she felt a faint heat radiating from them. I have to pay better attention, she chided herself.

"Does anyone else feel that we are not walking on normal ground?" Veza ventured. Fury didn't bother to reply; you were never walking on normal ground in Ahaelos.

Shiri, Silverstreak, and Kari didn't seem to have answers. Dos began to ramble; Fury was careful to follow his rantings, but he wasn't making much sense. "An immobile Sona?" she growled. "That sounds pretty much pointless."

"Maybe not," said Cyrus. Fury looked up at him, her ears raised in surprise; he sounded spooked. "I may be going crazy here, but... Dos, if you're right about this Sona's creator wanting to control a whole area... The people who would be doing that are not people that we want to meet, I think. And if the WAE is as far as Ahaelos..." he broke off, shaking his head.

The Engineer
Neutral Griff-Sona
Enfin
ARPers: narphoenix (Leeroy)

Leeroy was waiting for the Engineer in the latter's workshop. The flame-cloaked griffin heaved a sigh at the sight of the automaton, lying on the floor with a leg missing and one arm holding the other one.

"I thought I told you to be careful," the Engineer said, inspecting the dents and rents all over the gold body. He looked at the place where Leeroy's leg had been not too long ago. "Most if not all of the joints and wires in your leg have been corroded. Some I can fix, but some I'll have to replace. The arm..." he paused to give the shoulder joint a once-over. "The arm will be much easier to fix. A few severed wires, but the more complicated bits seem to have survived."

Saying this, he got to work, beginning to reattach the broken-off limb.

Nadi
Crane Sona
Ahaelos
ARPers: None at the moment

Far above Ahaelos, Nadi flew, enjoying the sight of the rolling land before her, savoring the feeling of the wind in her feathers. This was the way life should be: no worries or dangers. No enemies crawling around, trying to taint the world's colors with dingy gray.

After a short while, Nadi noticed a group of Sonas on the ground - a large group. She frowned; that meant trouble most of the time. The sight of a hulking, robotic dragon didn't help much to assuage the fortuneteller's fears. Wary of being spied, she landed on a tall rock and watched them in an attempt to figure out who they were and what their purpose was.

Thanks, Speed and Dino and also Speed! :D
Old 12-09-2012, 11:56 PM
Saraibre Ryu Offline
Drasconis Deviantus

Amiel Sable
Deviant Tuner
Grant's Pass, Junkyard, USA
ARPer's: Everyone at the junkyard

The only real reason I stuck around was because of the first thing I saw; Doctor Knowsitall being held up by some other new guy that I had no idea who it was. Well he already got brownie points for doing something I hadn’t the time to do earlier. Hell I almost giggled at it, but it was only the thought of a thought of doing it. I hadn’t laughed in years, and I had a feeling that wasn’t going to happen for a long time to come. Recovering as the sole survivor of the worst mental epidemic of all time didn’t exactly happen as fast as playing Row Row Row Your Boat. As I watched, slightly out of amusement and for the sake of knowing while no one noticed I was there, hopefully… it seemed that no one else liked the big bad doctor. Excellent, I wasn’t as insane as I thought I was, though was disappointed that one of the first Enginez I meet after coming back is this ego inflated ass who would suffocate everyone in Devon’s small living room if he so much as stood in the doorway. Every sentence of his was slowly starting to piss me off, whereas what anyone else said, made me less so.

I felt my head snap in another direction. Why? Someone was staring at me. In face, a couple people were. So much for not being noticed… One of them, I could see ear buds hanging out of her hood, and I could hear the music from them. Music that I wasn’t playing…

People… talking… colour… music that wasn’t mine…

I could feel my brain shutting down, as if it wanted to hide. I couldn’t let it, no, it wasn’t going to hide away. I kept staring at the one girl, pushing the door completely open while I had an audience of sorts. I didn’t move, as standing still was a good skill of mine thanks to going under, as I called it. It was as if she never saw someone afflicted with the condition in her life, or at least, had no expectation of seeing one. I didn’t like that prospect too much, but what made it worse was that she started singing.

Singing.

I stopped, and listened. I knew what the song was, and which part, who it was done by. However, I had to pause at the sheer confusion of someone performing what would be considered a martyr’s act in the modern rules of society at the sight of one person who looked like they were of WAE. I didn’t stop staring at this girl, for reasons beyond my current understanding. Either she was really good at singing, and this was a defensive reaction in order to stun people with guns, or it was a fear reaction that would make the people with those guns, shoot her. Great, now I either had a walking bullet magnet or a deadly siren. Or both, both would have been just… fantastic… because we definitely needed something like that to keep low key. I was going to go with the bullet magnet on this one because it was really looking like a fear reaction that Rambo on the right of me could have dealt with. Then again, the guy with a master’s degree in ego inflation and assery seemed to be distracting everyone else from the fact that this girl, was pretty much committing borderline suicide, if it were anywhere else, but here. As she continued to sing, I pulled out my phone slash mp3, whatever they were called these days. I found the song, the same version she was singing. I timed it correctly to her lines, the beat, and rhythm of what would be if we had a full set of instruments. The device was on mute, but as I turned it up, slowly, the song timed up perfectly with the girl’s words. I held up my phone as I increased the volume, making it clear as to what I was doing.

Sure as hell no WAE, or even a moderate Tuner could do what I just did. Before I could respond, the Ego Master’s words finally hit my ears. I took in what he said, and it echoed in a hollow of my mind. I slowly turned to him, walking up to him with deadly intent, as if he wasn’t off the ground thanks to Rambo over there, I would have run him over.

“Suffer and die… Suffer…and die? You ignorant, self centered, egotistical, son of a bitch… the only reason your nose isn’t broken right now is because someone else is going to beat me too it, and I need my hands for playing music. Everyone of WAE suffers, everyone. Having your very mind ripped apart like some twisted biology lab, and examined, isolated and burned away with the dull, unending imprisonment of depression, lack of motivation, and loss while your Sona has no way to contact you… No way to keep you company, and no way to save you while they are broken down, thrown into a hell hole that alters their appearance and personality to sever the link that you created with your very heart and soul… You don’t call that, suffering? You don’t call that a death of its own kind? No one, on this damn planet knows for sure, what their Sona looks like; it always slightly deviates from what actually is because they develop in their own way, as to people. WAE takes that familiarity away and only leaves a ghost of what was behind. There is nothing to grasp for because who they were, is frozen and annihilated from your reach, erased from what you know. Your horizon is obliterated, leaving you with no safe haven. You endure torture, alone. You are murdered from the inside, alone. If you don’t call that suffering and death, then you are the most pathetic excuse for an existing, breathing thing I’ve ever had the displeasure to come across.”

You don’t get away with pissing me off.

“I don’t know why I’m so special to have recovered from the apocalypse that is slowly growing to full completion across the globe. I’ve been hailed as some kind of savior, and I’ve been accused of everyone else’s problems, and even for all of WAE happening. I’m not WAE, and I’m not a true Deviant anymore, so I’m the odd one out. I’m a shadow, that’s all I am. I endured everything that these people had to go through, and I know that it’s different for everyone. So if you dare… suggest anything about such things again… I will go out of my way to make you feel the pain that this planet, and Nexen itself are feeling, and don’t think I don’t have the ability to do so…”

I turned after staring at him for a bit, burning holes into him. I headed back to the door, stopping briefly.

“Veza may have chosen your Sona’s, but that doesn’t mean I trust any of you. This side, is a whole other story.”

I slammed the door behind me, hard, and returned to the table I was sitting at previously. I wanted less, and less to do with these people the more I thought about it. I didn’t have to work with these people if Veza had to deal with their Sona’s.

Veza Ryngsen
Ahaelos, Nexen
ARPer's: That group yo.

I was far too distracted by the heat that I kept feeling from the ground to pay much attention to anyone else. For some reason I was drawn to it, and it felt it was incredibly far down. I wanted to say we were walking over a volcanic vein, but that wasn’t possible if it wasn’t geothermal. Even a geyser gave off that kind of energy, that’s what made the water hot. I got on all fours to try and see if I could determine the source of the heat, maybe what it was. The moss between my claws threw me off a bit, but it was unusually soft, and dare I say, comfortable. I tried to create friction between the particles down below to trace back the heat, which was difficult to do when your specialty was making things explode.

That didn’t stop it from happening though. Before I knew it, earth and stone struck my face in a liquid fashion, temporarily blinding me as I tried to jump back. My neck and head followed through with the motion I was attempting to make, however my claws did not move from their placement. I pulled as hard as I could but they refused to move. Beyond twitching, I was trapped within the rocks, trying vigorously to free myself by jerking it out of the ground.

Then the ground pulled back.

Something was trying to pull me into the ground, and whatever it was gave off such incredible heat, I knew I would have received heavy burns if not for my scaly armor. A warm grip took a hold of my ankles, leaving only my tail and wings free. I whipped my tail around and flapped my wings, but all that did was kick up more dust and debris. I could barely see what was going on around me, but all I could hear, was moaning, and the sound of rocks grinding together. The level of heat around us was increasing dramatically, and I could feel something, trying to grab for my right wing. What I saw, was a hand, created entirely out of a skeleton of engraved, glowing stones, with tendons of roots reaching for whatever they could find.

Whatever limbs couldn’t grab anything lifted their bodies out of the ground. Some were quadrupeds, some hexapeds, others looked like large arachnids, and some as a more classic looking golem. Each one were made out of the earth and wood, some bearing trees that had grown on them from the surface, others were missing a limb, or head entirely. Their engravings on their stones were all different, all in different shades of red, orange and copper. While I wasn’t being attacked other than having these things try to bury me alive, those that weren’t trapped were rushed by the rest. What was worse is that they didn’t even care if they crashed into each other, as one limb fell off; it only reassembled itself in a matter of seconds.

I couldn’t hear them, but they were all chanting something.

Adrian Acursio
WAE
WAE HQ
Affected RPer's: Winter

Adrian seemed confused by Nova’s earlier question about whether he was okay or not, or, did he even ask that question at all? The albino wasn’t sure, in fact he wasn’t sure why he did call Ryza here in the first place, or Nova. All he remembered was the coffee. He slowly looked over at it, unnervingly slow, and stared at it. There was a towel nearby, and he slowly got up, grabbed it, and set it on the spill, moving his left hand in circles even more slowly than he had gotten up to clean up the mess. Adrian was silent the entire time. Once he was finished, he picked up the towel, and stared at it for a while, as if he was straining to find a detail that wasn’t there.

“…am I okay?” He repeated Nova’s earlier question, in a rather high strung voice, not directed at his guests. “I think I am okay…I think—oh, yes Nova, Ryza. I did call you… for something…”

Adrian kept holding the caffeine soaked fabric in his hand as he walked back over towards them, closing the door behind them. Meandering back in front of them, almost in a fashion as if he were possessed, he sat back down in his chair.

“I apologize… I am recovering from a rather abrupt headache. No one can see or hear us in here.” He explained, looking at the towel in his hand, and then holding it up to the caretaker. “Nova…can you tell me what colour you see? You may answer whenever you like.”

He held it up in silence, wondering if Nova would answer him or not. His expression was blank, and his tone was completely emotionless and nothing of that of an accusation. After waiting awhile, he slowly put the towel down, and hung it over one of the arms of his chair. His attention turned to Ryza, of who he looked at slightly differently than Nova, and if you were just that analytical, it almost looked like it was out of desperation.

“Ryza, I need to ask you a favor.” He told her quietly. “I would like you to try and do, what you did to those scientists that held you, and do it to me.”

Adrian was completely serious with his request, and his demeanour did not falter.
Old 12-16-2012, 05:27 AM
Winter Offline

Send a message via Skype™ to Winter

Allen Whiteflower, Shiba Set, and Argeno Balk
Deviant Tungz, Tattu, and Graphix
Grant's Pass, USA
ARPers: Velocity, Sabi, and Nar

Al quieted the moment the other woman turned her music on, shattering the tension and flooding her world with glorious sound again. She slipped through Argeno's grasp like a fish and put her earphones back into her ears as though nothing had happened to begin with. "Sorry," she murmured to her friend. "Earbuds came out, couldn't help it." Argeno looked at her with sad eyes--she had been this way for as long as he had known her. Always living on music that played in the background, that partly blocked the world out.

He was about to tell her it wasn't a problem; wouldn't have been if the other guy hadn't decided to use their Sonas' names to begin with, but that was when said "other guy" decided to open his mouth and make everyone mad again. Particularly the woman who it now seemed was the Deviant who had escaped WAE control...the same one who had played music for Al.

She whirled on the one everyone seemed to dislike in a moment and began shouting about what it was like to be under WAE influence. Argeno watched as Al's face pinched up, like the girl was going to burst into tears. As the woman finished her rant, Al watched her move back to the building she had come from. "And now that moron's gone and upset the reason we have hope... I'm going after her," she murmured before taking off after her.

"Al--" he started, but the girl just shook her head before his attention was drawn back to his raging girlfriend.

"You know, I don't think we'll get along at all, then." Shiba's voice was glacial when she spoke. She regarded Simon with a glance before fixing her gaze back on Doc. "Now I have a reason to want to fight him," she said flatly. Suddenly one of her hands released its grasp on Doc's coat and struck, hand in a fist, out at the man's face. This done, she dropped her hold on him and stepped away.

Once again, her gaze landed on Simon, who had since offered his name. "Shiba, my name is Shiba," she growled before stalking back to a pale-faced Argeno. Her hand reached up to play with the zipper of her jacket, pulling it down slightly to reveal a collar of tattoos before she seemed to think better and yanked it up, hiding Argeno's work away again. Her eyes moved to Devon this time. "How often to you get WAE coming through here?" she asked him warily.

Al stepped into the house on light feet. It was a habit that died hard, even around other people she knew weren't going to hurt her. She just didn't like stepping into buildings she wasn't familiar with, however she couldn't leave the woman alone, either. She wasn't sure if it was discovery that the woman had music on her that drew her to the woman, or her earlier outburst, but she refused to just let her go off alone. Being alone never solved anything...well, at least, for her it hadn't. When she found the woman sitting at a table in one of the rooms, the girl stopped.

What on earth was she supposed to say? Al had no idea.

"You play music, you said?” The words spilled out of her mouth before she could stop herself. Oddly enough, now that one had heard her singing voice come out strong and clear for a few moments, Al’s speaking voice probably sounded similar to that of a small child’s. “My big brother was a Tuner, but he had the leadership ability of a Tungz. He had a drum set he pulled together out of plastic buckets and wooden dowels—when he played was the only time I didn’t have to have earbuds in,” she said absently, looking all around the room at everything but Amiel. “Because something in me hasn’t been right since the WAE took my parents. I can no longer go without earbuds wedged in place, half-drowning out the world. It drives me crazy if I don’t.” She finally looked at Amiel before pulling up a chair and sitting down. "You might not trust us, but some of us want to trust you, you know? Want to trust that we might be able to make a change."

Shiri Namida, Kari Penn, and Silverstreak Watermark
Umecit, Nexen
ARPers: The big group

The trio watched as Veza seemed to preoccupy herself with trying to inspect the ground more closely. They watched as what appeared to be liquified ground shot up and came into contact with the Sona's face. She tried to jerk back, but none of her came off the ground. "What the--?" Kari breathed as suddenly Veza began to be pulled into the ground. "Everyone, get back!" she shouted, mind reeling. Around them, the heat was rising more and more, and Veza's attempts to free herself kicked up more dust a debris, dropping visibility quickly. Kari swore and Shiri shuddered as the heat continued to rise.

"I'm going to turn into vapor if the heat keeps rising!" Shiri shouted, looking frantically around to find something to stop herself from boiling away.

"Ugh, fantastic--you're going to turn into a vapor cloud and I'm going to sweat to death, then," Kari muttered. Silverstreak pulled himself free of her skin once more as some of the attackers pulled themselves out of the ground.

"It looks as if you might be able to make use of yourself, Shiri," Silverstreak observed. "The creatures appear to have plants attached to them...or at least some do. Maybe if you can get close enough to them you can pull water from them?"

Kari grinned crookedly. "Looks like baseball tactics again, then?" she asked. In response, Silverstreak shot forward and hooked onto a skeleton-looking creature came towards them.

Ryza Hale and Nova Bard
WAE Graphix and Enginez
WAE HQ
ARPers: Sabi

The pair watched Adrian with wide, unnerved eyes as he didn't answer them at first, but moved to clean up a coffee spill neither had noticed before. This he did very slowly. When the man finally did answer, he sounded like he had lost his mind. Ryza further attempted to hide herself behind Nova.

After cleaning the spill he moved about the room for a while more, oddly seemingly both with and without purpose. "Nova," Ryza whispered uncomfortably, but the man shushed her and tried to pat her arm reassuringly.

“I apologize… I am recovering from a rather abrupt headache. No one can see or hear us in here.” A headache had caused his actions? That was what he was claiming? Ryza suspected he was lying, but his actions were unsettling her more and more. Things were starting to make less sense to her, but she knew it was a bad thing when he spoke again. “Nova…can you tell me what colour you see? You may answer whenever you like.”

Nova stiffened like he had been electrocuted. The head of the WAE wanted to know what color something was? How much stranger was the man going to get. When he didn't answer immediately, Adrian put the coffee-stained cloth on of his chair arms. At that point, he turned his attention to Ryza.

“Ryza, I need to ask you a favor.” He told her quietly. “I would like you to try and do, what you did to those scientists that held you, and do it to me.” The girl let out a gasp, things starting to further fly out of focus. Why would anyone--

"Sir, have you lost your mind?" Nova asked, putting himself between Adrian and Ryza, who was now trembling. "There are some things you simply don't ask Ryza to do; trying out her ability isn't one I advise." Not that the man would listen. Something in Ryza recognized his odd requests as making a backwards sort of sense. The stress and worry that was building up in her wasn't letting her think along normal lines anymore. She could tell he wanted to figure something out, and for some strange reason, she decided to give the man what he wanted.

The girl stepped around Nova, who started at her action.

"Sir, it's coffee-colored. Brown. Now please--" he looked to Ryza, who was reaching to take off her sunglasses. "Ryza--!" The girl glanced at him, and his vision swam with heat shimmers of black before she looked away, closing her eyes before she pulled the glasses of.

"He asked me to, Nova," she said softly, summoning up all the evils she could think of, bringing up all the anger, hurt, and fear she had experienced in her short life to the front of her mind. In her head, she heard gunshots and sirens, saw yellow tape and black bags. She remembered looking at graffiti-covered walls and her mom hurrying her by masses of screaming people. Remembered lying in bed at night, listening to the sound of her father yelling at her mom through paper-thin walls…and then silence. Memories of scientists coming at her with needles flooded up, then memories of being strapped to tables, memories of screaming until she fell into coughing fits, and crying alone, waiting for someone to save her that never came surfaced. With the memories came feeling, and the let the feelings take over. Let them consume her. She had to work up and anger this time, will her ability to work... It had been meant as a defense mechanism, Nova had said a time or two. Like anything would, she adapted to the situation the WAE had forced her to live in. "Remember," she said softly, "you asked me to." Nova wondered if Adrian noticed that the girl’s voice was trembling. His eyes flickered down to observe the hand she held her sunglasses in. It shook. He was about to tell her to stop; that it didn’t matter what Adrian wanted if it tormented her to do it.

And then she opened her eyes and stared right into Adrian's.

Mao Masuyo, Hanbei, and Takumi "Kanon" Atsushi
Deviant Scribz, Tungz, and Fabz
Shibuya, Japan
ARPers: N/A right now

Takumi exited the room, looking both ways down the hall to make sure it truly was clear before he sighed. "I thought that line would never end," he said softly, bending down to touch his toes in a stretch.

"You weren't alone," Mao muttered in reply, snatching off her green wig and tossing it to the Fabz. "I don't think I've almost been in so many fights, either. Tensions are running high." Takumi's eyes widened in surprise.

"Nothing bad happened, did it? Are you--" He was cut off as Mao shook her head.

"I'm fine. Hanbei made sure there was no trouble," she told him, nodding to the boy who was now dozing fitfully in his folding chair. Takumi smiled, looking relieved before he gently pulled the blond wig off the boy's head and moved back into the room he had come out of. Gently, Mao moved over and shook his shoulder. "Hey, sleepyhead, time to get ready to go," she murmured.

After a few moments, the Tungz boy opened his eyes and grumbled sleepily. "Time to go?" he repeated. Mao nodded in reply as Takumi came back with another single wig, long and black. In his other hand, he carried a baseball cap.

"Yes, so we all need to change and then we can leave," he said, offering Mao the wig. The girl too it with a look of annoyance before moving into the room to change her clothes to something Takumi had picked before they left.

She exited the room with a sigh, as she found herself wearing a rather frilly Goth Lolita-style dress in black and white. It was just the kind of over-the-top thing Takumi liked to make, and since the Deviants had taken more of a hold on the city he'd been talking her into wearing more vibrant articles of clothing out. Mao wasn't very fond of the whole thing, as the balance of power in the city seemed to be precarious, but at the same time, she had to give Takumi a little slack; he did thrive off of fashion. "You look pretty like that," Hanbei said tiredly, though his blue contact-covered eyes looked slightly upset. "Though I bet you'd look better in the dress without the wig."

"I have to agree, even if the wig will have to stay on," Takumi said. "Hanbei, all you have to do is pop your contacts out and wear the hat bill low, so it covers your face." Takumi had changed in the room already. This she knew because she'd seen him go in earlier looking totally different; same black wig she had put on and green eyes, wearing a suit. Now he looked at her with gray eyes, his own hair looking messy. His body was mostly hidden by a large coat, only showing pants and almost-concealed beat-up sneakers on his feet.

After a small amount of packing items into duffel bags (and in Mao's case, an overly large purse), the group exited the building out the back entrance and set off down the streets in a broken up kind of formation, headed back to what they called home. One never could be too careful, they thought, even if the streets belonged to Deviants for now. There were still WAE around, and if they weren't careful, they'd take back the city and haul the three into custody. It was easier to take precautions now than make mistakes that could get them separated later.

Banner by me! | My dA | My FF.Net
Old 03-17-2013, 08:43 PM
Socratic Sarcasm Offline

Dr. Gregory Matthew Xanatos
Enginez Deviant
The guy’s house
ARPers: Sabi (Amiel) Velo (Simon, Daniel) Winter (The Roses)

I could scarcely believe what I was hearing. These people, in their wise and enlightened minds, sounded like they were sympathizing with the W-no. I didn’t even want to do them the service of calling them by the name they chose, the lie that it was. They were nothing. They were already dead, and making their bodies cease to function would do nothing.

A little voice in my head (as though I need MORE reason to doubt my sanity) perked up,Then why were you angsting about killing them a second ago?

Another little voice replied, with heat,Their visual appearance made it somewhat difficult to separate them from actual human beings.

Voice 1 shot back, I never thought you would descend to lying to yourself. You know what you’re saying is not true. What about Gargoyle Girl? Is she some sort of zombie, then?

Voice 2 replied testily, She is a statistical anomaly. You can infer nothing about the set based on one outlier point.

She’s a statistical anomaly that represents hope! You know that!

They all deserve to die for what they did! Every single last one of them!

Yes. You are clearly thinking both logically and rationally right now.

None of this internal conversation showed on my face. The fact that it had taken place at the speed of thought meant it had lasted for no more than a few moments. Unfortunately, those few moments allowed Supergirl to punch me in the face and drop me.

I briefly debated telling her that she punched like a girl, before the last shreds of my self preservation instinct throttled the thought and beat it to a bloody pulp.

Don’t look so shocked. One, I didn’t think Supergirl punched as hard she could have (and later I found out the truth in THAT statement). Two, I’m used to getting beaten up. Used to happen all the time in school. Something about getting a smart mouth.

I took a breath to steady my rampant emotions, and came to a resolution. I could not allow anger or angst or whatever-the-hell-else to influence my thinking. I had to make all of my decisions based only on logic.

I managed to land on my feet when Supergirl rang my bells, so I came out of the encounter with some modicum of dignity. I allowed myself a breath to steady myself (and to ignore the throbbing of my cheek), and then I spoke with a politely neutral tone.

“None of you like me. That’s fine. I don’t need you to. I just need you to understand that, despite my amiability, or lack thereof, I am still here for more or less the same purposes you are. And, a word of advice: do try to avoid mentioning to other Deviants once we expand that we are apparently trying to redeem our opposition. When in war, people tend to think in terms of ‘them’ and ‘us.’ And if they think you’re not one of ‘us’... And make no mistake, this IS war. Just by gathering here, we have committed a grave treason. Fine by me, but still.”

Dos
Sona
Aheolus (or however you spell it), Nexen
ARPers: The Group

Those were a lot of beasties.

I mean seriously. I was extremely glad that I levitated as a default, because there were legions of misshapen earthen creatures. Quadrupeds, bipeds, arthropods of various kinds, if anyone could have imagined it, there was a shape for it.

I grabbed one the unfortunate things idiotic enough to try to attack me. Now, I had extensive amounts of experience of shaping the earth. It was one of my biggest advantages in Enfin, allowing me to live semi-nomadically, sealing off my usual home as I wandered the labyrinth. Therefore, when the idiot made the mistake of volunteering himself as my personal bludgeon, it was easier than pie (I could just hear Greg chanting 3.1415 etc. as long as he could accurately list the digits) to turn the former large tick-like creature into what looked like a snake, killing it, before shaping it into my own personal hammer. I let myself smirk, but I was overflowing with whatever the equivalent of adrenaline was for my species.

Michael Mikulak
Tungz Deviant
WAE HQ Interrogation Room #44
ARPers: Velo (Teri)

“Man Teri, I knew you were an arrogant *****, but I never thought you were a stupid one, too. I mean, here you are, in a building designed by some creative architect, calculated to be safe by equations derived by some creative engineer or mathematician, and even facing a prisoner who is tied up with handcuffs designed by some entrepreneuring jailer, and you think that, by removing creativity, you have become more perfect? Don’t make me laugh. You call yourselves perfect, Teri. I call you self defeating. Granted, to defeat you without making the human race die out will require some help, but the point stands.” I noticed the clock,“Anyway, your time ‘interrogating’ me is up. Time to take me back to the pokey.” I smiled. She would hate being told what to do by some upstart. Especially when the upstart was right about her orders.

Leeroy
Colossus Sona
Engineer’s Place, Enfin
ARPers: Velo (Engineer), Winter indirectly (Aerys and 13)

“Cut the talking, Engie. Patch me up, and I’ll go on bashing heads for us. No need to keep talking about it.”

Jeez oh peez, Leeroy, there’s something called diplomacy.

Yup, there was my daily talking to.

Feel free to listen to what I told the Engie, Michael. Just stop talking. I don’t need two lectures about the same thing at the same time.

I might have actually said that last sentence. Out loud. Dammit. At least it made sense. I didn’t need the Engie to start prying around in my head gadgetry, too.

Old 03-23-2013, 09:41 PM
Velocity Offline
ASB Official

Daniel Redrock.
Deviant Graphix.
Grant's Pass.
ARPers: narphoenix (Doc), Sabi (Amiel), Winter (Al, Shiba, and Argeno).

Daniel loved being around other Deviants, even if his rather irritable and erratic behavior didn't make that fact particularly obvious. Frankly, the meeting should have been nothing save enjoyable for everyone, but all anyone seemed to want to do was fight. For a split second, the thought of intervening crossed Daniel's mind, but Simon was there before he could really do anything.

Music begin to rise in a surprising crescendo that caught Daniel’s attention. He turned toward the source – the escapee, who supposedly could change so much. Highly distracting colors danced behind his eyes as he listened, and he could feel the ghost of a smile on his face. However, the happiness vanished when the escapee then began to rant, in a voice as cold as death, about the horrors of life as a WAE. With that, and an added few words about how she didn’t trust any of them she vanished into the garage and took the music with her. Al followed after moments later.

Shiba glanced at Simon, who was still holding out his arms but not quite blocking anything. Almost too fast to see, she punched Doc squarely in the face. He staggered backward, then straightened up as Shiba withdrew to talk to Devon.

Meanwhile, Doc was busy talking again, as if he hadn't done enough of that already. This time, though, he didn't seem to be intentionally offending anyone; rather, he was only delivering some advice about war.

"War?"

... Oh, no.

Simon Pruitt.
Deviant Enginez.
Grant's Pass.
ARPers: narphoenix (Doc), Sabi (Amiel), Winter (Al, Shiba, and Argeno).

Amiel's rant hurt like hell.

At first, he wasn't focusing on her, since his main interest was in preventing violence and creating some sort of peace, however tenuous. But when she started going off about how the WAE suffered, he was riveted on every gut-wrenching word. By the time she was through, his stomach was turning and his thoughts were a mess. He barely caught Shiba's introduction; he barely registered her punching Doc in the face.

But he heard it clearly enough when Doc started ranting about war against the WAE. Simon turned on the man, unable to stop up his anger. "War? Didn't you hear any of what she just said?" he pointed in the general direction in which Amiel had vanished. "Don't you give a **** - " he stopped himself, feeling his voice beginning to crack. Dammit, he was not going to cry in front of these people. After trying to explain his frustration in nonverbal gestures - which mostly consisted of curling up his fingers and waving his hands - he stalked over to the car and pulled the defunct motorcycle out of its trunk. "That's it, screw you, I'm done. I'll be in the garage," he growled, tugging the vehicle toward the aforementioned destination, pausing to add an, "If you don't mind," in Charlie's direction.

Theresa Maverick.
WAE Tuner.
Ambiguous WAE Base.
ARPers: narphoenix (Michael).

Michael's smug attitude both infuriated and fascinated Teri. How anyone, let alone a child with such little muscle on his easily-breakable bones, could be so confident was beyond her. He believed in his own power fully. Of course, he was unusually strong, and possessed valuable knowledge, but he ought to know best that he was expendable enough. He ought to know that if Teri failed to break him, the thin ice he'd been treading on all this time would snap beneath his feet - his talents could be incredibly useful, but eventually losses would have to be cut. Honestly, Teri had expected him to play along and pretend to be in the WAE's thrall. It was a fairly common Tungz strategy that Michael apparently deemed unnecessary to employ. Perhaps he was trying to throw her off, but he wouldn't succeed in that.

Not again, she thought. The memory of his singing was still fresh, and she still seethed at herself for having lost her temper. Him bossing her around didn't help her anger at all, and he knew it, too. Time limits were an inconvenient but necessary part of the interrogation business. Push a Deviant too far, and they would be broken past usefulness. Teri had never hit that mark. Her record was flawless - and the last thing she wanted was to besmirch it by disobeying protocol, which was why she listened to the brat.

"Fine," she shrugged, not allowing her anger to show. Her brain was already working, thinking of new strategies to break the boy. Then he would see how necessary he and his fellow Deviants were. Tomorrow. She opened the door just a fraction and ordered a pair of guards outside, "Return him to his cell."

Drauvant Domini.
WAE Tungz.
Heading toward Grant's Pass.
ARPers: None.

Sitting in his borrowed car with the WAE news station filtering through the speakers, Domini allowed himself a smug smile. It had taken him a little while to pick up the trail, but through a combination of luck, skill, and his tenacious determination he'd managed to zero in on the troublesome group.

It had been fortunate for him, he'd reflected, that he had been lured away from his first targets on a call. Some doctor had apparently blown up half an auditorium in a research facility; he'd gone reluctantly to investigate. As it turned out, Domini was able to track his vehicle to a gas station, where the smell of freshly-baked bread had let him know that he was on the right track. The doctor was heading north - the same direction as the Deviants from before. A correlation couldn't be ruled out. Domini had hopped in his car again and taken off in pursuit, guided by hints every now and again over the radio: a beat-up truck, and a motorcycle that had taken up with the Deviant doctor's white car. He kept his eyes out, but he didn't expect to see them. Apparently, no one had noticed them past a smallish city known as Grant's Pass. That was where Domini was headed now. In the city, he would find them - or at least, traces of them. There were six Deviants in all that he knew of - the doctor, the four from the truck, and the motorcyclist. Those were an awful lot of Deviants, most of them probably dangerous. He considered the situation, how he would go about attacking.

He flipped to the encrypted WAE command channel, requested that backup be made ready for him in Grant's Pass, Oregon, and pressed his foot down just a little harder on the gas.

Ayami Chiyoko.
Deviant Tattu.
Shibuya, Japan.
ARPers: Winter (Mao Masuyo, Hanbei, and Takumi "Kanon" Atsushi)

Ayami kept up her dancing. Someone was playing music from their window: a somber, beautiful song with fierce drumbeats that made Ayami's heart beat faster. Her steps changed to match the rhythm; her body moved to flow with the rise and fall of the music. As the chorus exploded into life, she leaped up and twirled, kicking out with one foot. It felt so good to dance in the open air; felt so good to let the music flow through her. She wondered what it was like to have this all the time. Could the people of the past really dance and sing and paint the world in color whenever they chose? A faint pang of jealousy stole through her at the thought.

The sight of a trio of other people caught her eye. She didn't recognize any of them, but they were conspicuous enough. One of them wore a large dress adorned with frills, which was fairly eye-catching. That it was the work of a Deviant was almost certain. Ayami didn't approach, but she offered a wave and a hello in their general direction. If they were going to be friendly, they would be friendly, and if they weren't friendly she wanted nothing to do with them.

And, on the offshot that they were WAE, she could always run like hell.

Cyrus Nelvenmig.
Canine.
Ahaelos.
ARPers: Everybody (at least one character).

Tense as he was, Cyrus almost bolted when the ground started to suck Veza in.

It was only Fury that kept him grounded, which he found was becoming a recurring theme in his life. Her roared challenge to the monsters rising from the earth gave him the strength to continue standing tall. Two fights in one day was difficult, but he could handle it. He had pulled through in worse circumstances.

A small group of the earth monsters came for Fury and himself. He responded with a blast of fire magic that shot from his claws and burnt the first wave. "I have to help Veza!" he hissed to Fury. She seemed irate at having him leave, but through a telepathic exchange that took place in the blink of an eye he managed to convey his reasons: after Veza was pulled free, they would be able to run. While he was confident in the others' fighting skills - not to mention Fury's and his own - they wouldn't be able to fight off all of these attackers, especially when more and more just kept on rising. Not to mention the chanting in the air, which any fool could tell meant nothing good.

Wheeling away from Fury, he turned to the place where a hand, formed out of rune-encruted stones and tree roots, had risen from the ground to grip Veza. It was located in the middle of the earthen creatures, the epicenter of all of these events. Even in the heat of battle, Cyrus was able to appreciate the irony of the situation.

Without hesitation, Cyrus brought his magic to bear. His jaws opened wide, and a column of fire flew from it, as if he himself had become a dragon. Hopefully the flames would weaken the base of the hand and free the gargoyle.

Fury.
Feline.
Ahaelos.

Fury was, well, furious. It wasn't the fact that she had to fight twice in a day; she was used to that. It wasn't the fact that the odds seemed to be against them; she was used to that, too. The thing that made her fur itch was the fact that Cyrus saw fit to leave her side in the middle of a fight.

Not, she thought as she clobbered an earthen spider with a huge paw, that I don't understand his reasons. Her jaws clamped down on one leg, and she pulled back hard, cracking the limb. This would be a stupid fight to finish, she twisted to avoid getting bitten in the neck, seeing as how we're fighting live ground. With a final tug, she ripped the leg free. It crumbled to dust, returning to the ground, leaving the spider now unable to support its massive body. Invigorated by the success, she spun around and sliced through a golem formed from sticks and soil. Tireless as anyone would expect from a creature composed of raw energy, she slashed in a rust-red-and-violet whirlwind at whatever earthy enemies were moronic enough to come near.

Nadi
Bird.
Ahaelos.

From her vantage point atop the rock, Nadi saw it all: the hand rising from the ground, and the beasts that soon followed. She was immensely curious, and part of her wanted to help - but how could she be sure who to help? This group was just as liable to be WAE as to be friendly. Then again, with the exception of the steel gargoyle, they were all fairly colorful and exotic - certainly enough so to be Deviant-made.

When one of the Sonas went back to try and help the gargoyle, who was trapped in the grip of the earthen hand, she made her choice. That wasn't WAE behavior. WAE behavior was based on self-preservation, not taking the needs of others into account unless meeting them served the WAE's own purpose. With a great flap of her wings, she descended from the pillar and lowered herself into the fray.

She landed beside the nearest Sona - a lioness who demorphed and morphed again, becoming more than once a swirl of violet light before resuming feline state again. "Deviant?" the lioness asked shortly, to which Nadi replied with a curt nod. A ripple of gold fire flew from her wings, catching the legs of a huge spider ablaze. The lioness turned to gape at the struggling arachnid. "I just ripped one of its legs off; how the - " she broke off to turn on an unidentifiable, shambling moss-monster that was trying to sneak up on her flank. Nadi found herself growing troubled. Could these earth-creatures regenerate, then? Regardless of whether or not they did, she knew that she would have to keep fighting. Deviants had to stick together, after all.

The Engineer.
Neutral Griffon.
Enfin.
ARPers: narphoenix (Leeroy).

The Engineer didn't reply to Leeroy; he was already gone, plunged into his thoughts as he worked. Wire by wire, he reattached the arm, pulling it back in so that the joint could function properly. He then reexamined the leg. He would need a new cable there, and that corroded segment of joint here would certainly need replacing. A vague flicker of irritation surfaced in his mind, but it was quickly pushed back into the rolling gray sea of his thoughts. Out loud, he told Leeroy, "I'm going to have to make a few new parts by hand, which means that you ought to be up and able to fight again tomorrow or earlier. I'll get to work; I advise that you wait and rest here."

Thanks, Speed and Dino and also Speed! :D