Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Interactive Boards » Role Play » Role Play Sign Ups & Discussion

Role Play Sign Ups & Discussion Sign up for and discuss Role Plays here. Have anything to ask about a Role Play you're in, or need to put up extra info for people to refer to? What if you need help with an idea that's missing that extra kick? Do it all here!

Old 12-14-2012, 01:01 PM
Cobalt Shadow Offline

Send a message via MSN to Cobalt Shadow Send a message via Skype™ to Cobalt Shadow
Default The Chosen [SU/DS] (Sign-Ups Now Closed. May Reopen)

The Chosen

The Worlds
You are a normal teenager/young adult (13-23) living in the world of humans (Our World). In this world, Pokemon don’t and have never existed, until December 21st 2012. Little do you know that there are more worlds. 3 more to be exact. The world of Pokemon, where pokemon live together in prosperity, without any humans, the Hybrid World, where Humans and Pokemon live and work together, and the Shadow World. Each of these worlds has a barrier, which prevents anyone entering or leaving. The Shadow Worlds barrier is in ruins.

The Enemy
The Shadow world is a dark, desolate place. The Shadow Creatures that live there consist of pure evil. Every time a sin is committed in one of the three other worlds, it contributes to the creation of Shadow Creatures. Being created of evil, they know nothing, but the urge to hurt others. It is usually impossible for these creatures to end up in other worlds. If they attempt to leave, they become trapped in the time-space continuum, where they remain for eternity, or until an opening is created in another worlds barrier. These creatures cannot be destroyed by human weapons, but can be killed by pokemon, due to the pokemon’s innocence as a group.

The Danger
Recent events, involving Humans entering the Pokemon World, have created holes in the Barriers of the world’s and Shadow Creatures are beginning to appear. They can take on the form of any human whose sins contributed to its making, and can possess human’s forcing them to do horrible things. They also hide in the shadows. These creatures cannot stand sunlight in their natural form, and need to disguise themselves, hide in the shadows or possess humans to stay in the sunlight safely. They have always existed, but haven’t made too large of an impact. Until now.

The Solution
Before the creation of the worlds, 9 people were picked from all over the world of Humans to protect the worlds, and stop the Shadow Creatures. Each of these people had a trait that stood out from them. Justice, Integrity, Truth, Loyalty, Patience, Hope, Excellence, Discipline and Perseverance. Until each member of The Chosen demonstrate these aspects, they will not have their true power, and will not stand a chance of stopping the Shadow Creatures.

The Chosen
On December 21st 2012, The Chosen were all living their every day lives. But at 2:49am, a shooting star, will cross their sight. This shooting star, a meteor, will crash near their home, and they will go to the crash site. They don’t know why, but will go anyway, as is their destiny. At the crash site, they will find 2 things. An Egg which contains their partner Pokemon, and an Amulet which marks them as the Chosen. This Amulet has the ability to teleport them to a temple in the Amazon Rainforest, from anywhere in the world, and to take them home again if they desire.

This is where their adventures as the Chosen will begin…

Dragotech, Eternal Moonlight and I are the PE2k Wolf Pack! Fear Fredward the Sparklepire, Bidoof the Soulless and Slenderfairy!
Banner Made by Me

Last edited by Cobalt Shadow; 01-01-2013 at 04:06 AM.
Old 12-14-2012, 01:02 PM
Cobalt Shadow Offline

Send a message via MSN to Cobalt Shadow Send a message via Skype™ to Cobalt Shadow
Default Re: The Chosen [SU/DS]

Rules (We would live in chaos without them)
No Godmodding
Godmodding is a term used to describe giving your character God-Like abilities. Your character will have to take a hit, and cannot just dodge every attack. Nor can he/she kill/defeat another character or NPC in one post.
No Bunnying without Permission
Bunnying is allowed in this RP with the characters owners permission. There are four types of bunnying. Minor bunnying, which is small things, like following your character into a room. Moderate bunnying is Minor bunnying with non influential conversation. Eg if you are moderately bunnying a character, you can't do things make them dump their bf/gf, drop out of school, pick fights etc, as that could have a great influence. Major Bunnying is the same as moderate bunnying with semi-influential conversation and actions. You still can't do anything drastic like make a character murder someone in cold blood etc. Total Bunnying is total control. This is not reccomended unless you are leaving the RP for a while, and want someone else to play as your character.
If you give someone permission to bunny, please edit your signup with the username, and the type of bunnying you are allowing.
No Out Of Character Knowledge
Your character has to learn things themselves. Eg if there is a traitor in the group, your character can't just know it.
PG
I don't know what system of classification you have, but here we have G (General), PG (Parental Guidence), M (Mature), MA15+ (Restriced to audiences of 15 and over) and R (Restricted to audiences 18 and over). I want to keep this between PG and M, but closer to the PG end.
Violence: On humans, nothing worse than a graze, bruise or a cut. Nothing gory or excessively violent. On Pokemon, it will be like the anime. A few scratches or bruises, but they clear up fast. Admit it, nobody likes seeing the little guys hurt.
Romance: Nothing more than kissing.
Language: No four letter words that start with S and rhyme with sit, or start with f and rhyme with truck.
Your characters have never heard of a 'Pokemon' before
This means:
  • Nicknames for pokemon are compulsary, UNLESS your character decides to name it after what it says.
  • No knowledge of the other Chosen's pokemon species, moves etc
  • No knowledge of move names. You can make new names for moves, that your characters made up though.
This will require some creativity
Pokemon Must remain hidden from people other than The Chosen
If you were running a country, and caught wind of a kid who had an orange, flying, firebreathing lizard (Charizard) would you let him keep it?
No Legendary Pokemon
Legendary Pokemon Include Moltres, Zapdos, Articuno, Mew, Mewtwo, Entei, Raikou, Suicune, Lugia, Ho-Oh, Celebi, Regis, Latios, Latias, Groudon, Kyogre, Rayquaza, Jirachi, Deoxys, Uxie, Azelf, Mespirit, Dialga, Palkia, Giratina, Arceus, Heatran, Rhotom, Darkrai, Cresellia, Shaymin, Manaphy, Phione, Regigigas, Victini, Cobalion, Terrakion, Virizion, Keldeo, Tornadus, Thundurus, Landorus, Zekrom, Reshiram, Kyurem (All Forms), Melotta and Genesect.
Rules are open to be changed at any time
If there are any drastic rule changes, I will make sure to post here to let players know.

Sign-Up Template
Spoiler:

Name:
Hometown and Country: *Can be real or made up*
Personality:
History:
Appearance:
Partner Pokemon Species and Nickname:
Bunnying Rights: *Username and extent*

Dragotech, Eternal Moonlight and I are the PE2k Wolf Pack! Fear Fredward the Sparklepire, Bidoof the Soulless and Slenderfairy!
Banner Made by Me

Last edited by Cobalt Shadow; 12-19-2012 at 06:19 AM.
Old 12-14-2012, 01:02 PM
Cobalt Shadow Offline

Characters
Cobalt
Tengu Bhurd (Te)
Jack Finnigan
Fenn Simmons
Ghost
Kenzy Laurel
Chelsea Collins
Leah Aalto
Lee Aomori

RP Log

Banner Made by Me

Last edited by Cobalt Shadow; 01-01-2013 at 03:52 AM.
Old 12-14-2012, 01:49 PM
Cobalt Shadow Offline

You May Now Post

Banner Made by Me
Old 12-14-2012, 02:22 PM
Cobalt Shadow Offline

Name:
Cobalt
D.O.B and Age:
19/4/1995 Age 17
Hometown and Country:
Northern Suburbs of Melbourne, Australia
Personality:

Cobalt is generally a friendly person, though he has a quick temper, one of the after effects of years of bullying. He will always attempt to be just, and will never tolerate a bully. He will curse and throw insults at a person if he is angry with them, but due to his small size, avoids physical fights. Since a young age, Cobalt felt he had to be the one who held it all together in his broken family, during times of grief. because of this, he rarely shows emotion, and hardly ever cries. He will seem like a robot to a person who doesn't know him well, but once a person is friends with him, he will do anything for them, but will also take any bad things they do to heart. He has been heartbroken before because of this.

History:
Cobalt grew up in the suburbs. His parents divorced at a young age, and he and his younger brother lived with each parent for a week at a time. He was bullied during primary school, which lead to anger issues. The bullying stopped in secondary school however, and Cobalt generally became a more friendly person, though still with a quick temper.

During primary school, he excelled, showing signs of being a genius. During secondary school however, he began to decelerate academically, and began getting average marks. He did however become very interested in music.

Appearance:
Cobalt has hazel eyes, with long dark hair. He suffers from the plague of Acne like most teenagers, and is average height, towering above some people his age, and dwarfed by others. He generally wears jeans, and hooded jackets or hoodies. He mostly wears black, red and blue. He also wears lots of rubber wristbands, some which hold sentimental value to him. Cobalt isn't strong, and is in fact very weak, unable to even do a pushup. He is very thin, which surprises lots of people because he was overweight a few years ago, and accidentally lost alot of weight. People generally tell him he has lost weight if they havent seen him in a while.
Species: Torchic
Nickname: Flare

Bunnying Rights:
None yet, nobody may control my character. This may change however, due to my differing timezone.

Start with or without Pokemon?
Start without. I would enjoy to have my first post of the RP be Cobalt finding the meteor and Torchic's egg, and hatching it.

Banner Made by Me

Last edited by Cobalt Shadow; 12-17-2012 at 12:27 AM.
Old 12-14-2012, 05:15 PM
Dragotech Offline

Mind if I reserve a spot, I haven't tossed a character together yet.

I am a little curious why you included the world from Mystery Dungeons.
Are we going to end up going there?
Old 12-14-2012, 09:21 PM
Cobalt Shadow Offline

Default Re: Members VS Staff [v2]

Maybe. I haven't figured that much out yet. If we do though our characters will become pokemon XD. Sure I will reserve a spot

Banner Made by Me
Old 12-15-2012, 03:48 AM
Charmander009 Offline
WFL Official

Send a message via AIM to Charmander009

This sounds interesting, though I have some questions...

If I wanted to have my character come from Idaho... How the heck would she know someone from Australia--and how do you suppose they get together?

Old 12-15-2012, 04:53 AM
Cobalt Shadow Offline

That is something we will figure out before we play. Maybe via a forum or through a mutual friend? And I was thinking of finding a city that's a midpoint between the characters home and they meet in person there.
This is still in development. There are still some things that need to be sorted. I put it up early because some other people might have better ideas.

Banner Made by Me
Old 12-15-2012, 05:01 AM
Dragotech Offline

Well hey.
There is always social sites where you can meet random people.

Aaaand it could always be edited in as where you could have lived prior.

Or go military which would allow you to have met people on a world-wide basis.

I was thinking of my character being somewhat based off of my current situation, so when I leave to have the crap beat outta me for about 18 weeks during the summer... or winter depending on location... irl, my character could go through the same.
I'd just have to leave my Pokemon at home or something in the RP, while he goes through 18 weeks of bad food, physical conditioning, and mental conditioning as well

that or just give bunnying rights
Old 12-15-2012, 05:07 AM
Cobalt Shadow Offline

Plus, if they knew each other it would add to te sense of fate and destiny. They were destined to find each other and stop said evil.
What about if we make it that your character is captured, and imprisoned by said evil? then when you return, he makes an escape?

Banner Made by Me

Last edited by Cobalt Shadow; 12-15-2012 at 05:10 AM.
Old 12-15-2012, 05:29 AM
Dragotech Offline

Justa thought that I suddenly had
If we go through into the Mystery Dungeon world, will we have complete mental wipeout like in the games?
Old 12-15-2012, 05:33 AM
Cobalt Shadow Offline

I am not sure. In red and blue rescue team, the player chose to have their memory wiped. We may or may not go to that world. I just used the game name to identify it as a world purely consisting of pokemon

Banner Made by Me
Old 12-15-2012, 05:48 AM
Dragotech Offline

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cobalt Shadow View Post
I am not sure. In red and blue rescue team, the player chose to have their memory wiped. We may or may not go to that world. I just used the game name to identify it as a world purely consisting of pokemon
True, and the reason it happens in the other is because you get knocked off your intended path... and probably hit your head along the way a few times as you are shooting through Vorpal Space Tunnels
Old 12-15-2012, 11:08 PM
Neku Sakuraba Offline
Sound Garden

Send a message via AIM to Neku Sakuraba Send a message via Skype™ to Neku Sakuraba

Before I put my SU I thought I'd spout an idea for travelling. Like, say, Columbus to Melbourne. Idea:

This takes place XX years in the future. Meteors are coming down, depositing Pokemon to the world. Or however they come. With quickly advancing technology in the world, teleportation is now an option. It is very expensive, however, with only a few (The rich upper-class) using it. The rest who don't use teleportation have plane passes. These have two variations: bronze and silver. Silver being the highest. Bronze is the standard seats and stuff on a plane. It costs slightly more to be in first-class for a bronze-class plane, otherwise, it is relatively cheap. The silver pass costs a whole lot of money (Again, for the rich upper-class, but who want to experience what I say next), with the plane a lot like Air Force One. So, yeah. This would add a whole other dimension to this: money. If you do decide to incorporate this in some way, you would have to make it so nobody starts off with a silver pass or teleportation pass. Or rich. But, you don't have to do this, just bursting out some ideas.

Spoiler:
Name: Tengu Bhurd (Te)

D.O.B and Age: 07/05/1996 (16)

Hometown and Country: Columbus, Ohio (Currently residing in Shibuya, Japan)

Personality: Tengu is relatively quiet, only speaking when he needs to. Everybody trusts him very much, speaking the truth most of the time. He has been exploring the world to learn to be more open, to share his adventures. Despite his name meaning "crow" as a lying bird, portrayed in some books.

History: Tengu was born in Mount Carmel Hospital on July 5, 1996. His parents named him Tengu because the first bird he saw was a crow and took much interest in it. At the age of five, he started to learn about Japanese places, such as the famous 104 Building. His parents have been there before, showing him the picture, introducing him to Shibuya. At eight, he got to go to Shibuya, picking out an ornamental egg from 104.

At fifteen, he got accepted to a college in Germany. After graduation, he moved to Shibuya. He works at Ramen Don's, serving up many creative, strange dishes. Dessert Ramen...Ugh...In his free time, he loses himself in Scramble Crossing and goes to Dragon Couture. Looking there, goes to Mus Rattus, then goes home. Ending his day with some ramen and watching Steel Samurai: Warrior of Neo Olde Tokyo.

Appearance: Tengu is is 5'8", almost 6'. Unusually tall for someone who's sixteen, I guess. He normally wears purple and a cap that has a crow on it. There is a purple phone in his pocket with earbuds snaking up to his neck, letting them hang. He has brown hair with green eyes. His bangs hang down to just almost at his eyes.

Species: Murkrow

Nickname: Krow

Bunnying Rights: None AoN (As of Now) When Winter Break starts, I won't need anyone to. When school starts back up again, I may need someone.

Start with or without Pokemon? With. Sorta. Tengu will find Krow's egg at the 104 Building from some person selling items outside near Scramble Crossing.

I wasn't sure how long each paragraph had to be, and was creating some of it on the spot, so, yeah. Tell me if I need to make anything longer/make more sense! ^^

Links
Code:
Level 100: 3287 Proud Deviant of the PE2K Deviants
Have PesterChum for some reason? Contact me on it! (neonSound)