Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Other Boards » Other Chat

Other Chat For non-Pokemon discussion on everything else. For casual talk only, any more serious topics such as current events, should be in the Discussion. You can talk about anything else that is not covered in the other "Other Boards" that are above.

Old 12-14-2012, 10:22 PM
Typhlosion Explosion Offline
~Blast Burn

Send a message via AIM to Typhlosion Explosion Send a message via Skype™ to Typhlosion Explosion
Default Re: Daily Chit Chat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sealboy View Post

Wow. They should be more like us - nobody is allowed a gun unless you're part of the police that carry lethal weapons, other than that we have a no-no.

I really do give my best wishes to all of those affected though - such a horrible, disgusting, twisted thing to have happened. I seriously don't understand why someone would want to kill children...

~Sealboy
I think so, but that'd never happen here unless we were under like a non-democracy thing, where they forced us to rid of our guns. Personally I think it SHOULD be no guns. xD
Old 12-14-2012, 10:23 PM
Negative Zone Offline

Well... I guess that three people died in my school last week pales in comparison, huh...
As long as you remember her,
you are not alone.

Old 12-14-2012, 10:27 PM
Sealboy Offline

Send a message via AIM to Sealboy Send a message via MSN to Sealboy Send a message via Skype™ to Sealboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Negative Zone View Post
Well... I guess that three people died in my school last week pales in comparison, huh...
Oh my, I'm so sorry to hear about that. If I might ask, what happened?

~Sealboy

Click the image above to check out my YouTube Channel - it'd mean a lot.
Old 12-14-2012, 10:37 PM
~Blast Burn

Send a message via AIM to Typhlosion Explosion Send a message via Skype™ to Typhlosion Explosion

The news is sooooo biased it's not even funny. D:

They only care if it's puppies, kids, or mass shootings. -n-
Old 12-14-2012, 11:23 PM
Operative Offline

Send a message via MSN to Operative Send a message via Skype™ to Operative

the second amendment says hello

|thedynamicduo|
Old 12-15-2012, 05:50 AM
~Blast Burn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Operative View Post
Exactly. Back in the 18th century there really weren't mass theater murders. xD

A lot of amendments have been changed (or there would be no alcohol legal in America from the Prohibition), so we can (should) change that one. D:
Old 12-15-2012, 06:00 AM
Cobalt Shadow Offline

Send a message via MSN to Cobalt Shadow Send a message via Skype™ to Cobalt Shadow

In Australia 16 years ago there was a shooting where 35 people were killed and 23 wounded. After this, firearm laws were tightened massively. in 1995 479 people died gun related deaths. This steadily lowered and in 2008, was down at 225.
Strict Firearm laws might not be fun for some people, but the fact of the matter is that they work. Nuff said

Dragotech, Eternal Moonlight and I are the PE2k Wolf Pack! Fear Fredward the Sparklepire, Bidoof the Soulless and Slenderfairy!
Banner Made by Me
Old 12-15-2012, 08:32 PM
goldwynaut Offline

I think banning guns because some people were killed in connecicut with a gun is a bad idea, its like killing the mailman over bad news. If guns were never invented, the gunman would probably be doing the exact same thing with a sword or a bow. You cant blame the weapon the killer used, its not the weapons fault, its the killers, a gun is an inanimate object that has no will on its own, it cant harm anything if its not in the hands of someone. Its true that the gun gives a potential murderer extra power, but the murderer could have used something else, like a knife. There are 340,840 stabbings in the united states every year, but there are only 30,000 shootings, but still there are more groups looking to ban guns than knives, a knife is easy to conceal and you probably have several in your home, gun-skeptics will state that its easier to kill someone with a gun than with something else, but in reality, its just as difficult to pull a trigger as to stab someone, they are both ''do it'' situations, and most people wont have the courage to do it, but if you really needed to kill someone, you would succeed anyway, as it is just a matter of time and kill, but in the end, one is most likely dead.
Old 12-15-2012, 09:16 PM
~Blast Burn

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldwynaut View Post
I think banning guns because some people were killed in connecicut with a gun is a bad idea, its like killing the mailman over bad news. If guns were never invented, the gunman would probably be doing the exact same thing with a sword or a bow. You cant blame the weapon the killer used, its not the weapons fault, its the killers, a gun is an inanimate object that has no will on its own, it cant harm anything if its not in the hands of someone. Its true that the gun gives a potential murderer extra power, but the murderer could have used something else, like a knife. There are 340,840 stabbings in the united states every year, but there are only 30,000 shootings, but still there are more groups looking to ban guns than knives, a knife is easy to conceal and you probably have several in your home, gun-skeptics will state that its easier to kill someone with a gun than with something else, but in reality, its just as difficult to pull a trigger as to stab someone, they are both ''do it'' situations, and most people wont have the courage to do it, but if you really needed to kill someone, you would succeed anyway, as it is just a matter of time and kill, but in the end, one is most likely dead.
Any number of innocent people killed anywhere is bad. xD

Guns may not kill people, but the guns sure do help. Not sure where you're getting those numbers, but in 2008, 9,484 people were killed by something gun-related. 1,897 people were killed by cutting or stabbing. So take away the guns, take away a lot of murders. Period.

Usually people will see one person get stabbed and then run away before they can get stabbed. So it's honestly better to have one person die then 30. :P
Old 12-16-2012, 12:13 AM
Sealboy Offline

Send a message via AIM to Sealboy Send a message via MSN to Sealboy Send a message via Skype™ to Sealboy

This is why Great Britain is great with cutting down on guns.

~Sealboy

Click the image above to check out my YouTube Channel - it'd mean a lot.
Old 12-16-2012, 01:06 AM
mintjelly Offline
Father Cat

Send a message via AIM to mintjelly Send a message via Skype™ to mintjelly

Oh hey guise.
I haven't been on this thread in a while.

What I want to know about that handgun statistic, is if those are just the number of reported incidents.
I believe there may be more than slightly under 60 shootings per year in Canada caused by guns.

Shun the non-believer
Old 12-16-2012, 01:06 AM
mintjelly Offline
Father Cat

Send a message via AIM to mintjelly Send a message via Skype™ to mintjelly

Oh hey guise.
I haven't been on this thread in a while.

What I want to know about that handgun statistic, is if those are just the number of reported incidents.
I believe there may be more than slightly under 60 shootings per year in Canada caused by guns.

Shun the non-believer
Old 12-16-2012, 01:53 AM
Operative Offline

Send a message via MSN to Operative Send a message via Skype™ to Operative

Quote:
Originally Posted by Typhlosion Explosion View Post
Exactly. Back in the 18th century there really weren't mass theater murders. xD

A lot of amendments have been changed (or there would be no alcohol legal in America from the Prohibition), so we can (should) change that one. D:
You might have missed my point on that one; I'm supporting the Second Amendment.

The rest of you might want to read this article before you start to whine for gun banning and overly strict gun laws.

|thedynamicduo|
Old 12-16-2012, 03:42 AM
Negative Zone Offline

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sealboy View Post

Oh my, I'm so sorry to hear about that. If I might ask, what happened?

~Sealboy
Well, it's kind of weird. Their deaths weren't connected at all. First, a girl hung herself. Two days later, a kid with cancer passed. The same morning, a different kid was hit by a car, and later in the day he died from his injuries I guess.

I didn't know any of them, but, it feels a bit weird.
As long as you remember her,
you are not alone.

Old 12-16-2012, 04:33 AM
Kenny_C.002 Offline
/人◕ ‿‿ ◕人\

Send a message via AIM to Kenny_C.002

Quote:
Originally Posted by Operative View Post
The right to maintain an organized militia against political tyranny is also a valid reading of the same amendment. Remember that when you link to that.

Guns are bad, no matter how you want to cut it. I wouldn't even know what to do with a gun myself, knowing exactly what happens afterwards, since it has literally no other function. I've seen how a man died from his gun by shooting himself in the brain. I've dug with trauma surgeons for bullets in the abdomen to find where the bleeding goes. It's never been a good thing and will never ever be a good thing to have something this lethal in a population that is so trigger-happy.

Also, the "more guns, less crimes" idea is at best a myth. Concealed guns do not save lives in situations of crises and panic. It only exacerbates the situation. A crazy will not think of consequences anyway, and concealed guns won't deter them.

Last edited by Kenny_C.002; 12-16-2012 at 04:37 AM.