Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Other Boards » Other Chat

Other Chat For non-Pokemon discussion on everything else. For casual talk only, any more serious topics such as current events, should be in the Discussion. You can talk about anything else that is not covered in the other "Other Boards" that are above.

Old 12-13-2012, 05:29 PM
Judge Dredd Offline
Master of Shadows

Default Join-Iversary (How have you changed?)

Its fair to say most of us remember how it felt when we first joined. Each year we celebrate another year with our forum and we smile thinking about the past. So what is your favorite memory from when you first joined and how have you changed.

When I first stumbled across this website I was trying to figure out what ev breeding was. I remember feeling lost. I also had no idea how to find anything on the forum. Like a goofball I had to ask for links to everything. Once I figured out the battling center I just stayed there because I felt safe.

Dragonair: 33054
Dragonite: 33129
Level100: 33264

GCEA Link Page Pokemon Evolution List

Old 12-13-2012, 05:55 PM
Typhlosion Explosion Offline
~Blast Burn

Send a message via AIM to Typhlosion Explosion Send a message via Skype™ to Typhlosion Explosion
Default Re: Join-Iversary (How have you changed?)

I don't really remember anything from 2007 except how it was very active and I was a huuuuuge nooooob. Terrible grammar. Though my speling was a lot better than most people's at barely nine years old. I spelled all the Pokemon right when I opened trade threads. Of course there really was no trading because I never knew how. xD

I only found out about this forum from my brother when he used it, he's long gone now, and I had left too. I don't remember what brought me back, I may've suddenly remembered the forum or saw it in a Google search.

From my first account on, I came back and left again and came back off and on for a while, coming back in 2009 (still terrible at grammar). Then I started a new account about a week before HG, much better with grammar. 8D Then I went back to an old account from 2009 in 2011. THHHHHEEEEEEN I started a new account in 2011 as Shiny Eevee, which then became Shiny Jolteon, and finally, Typhlosion Explosion!

I really only made new accounts for name changes, because I never knew you could change them (and I was a nooby kid so there's an excuse). XD But I'm here now for good!

I'll also be a GMod in 2017. :3

Old 12-13-2012, 06:05 PM
goldwynaut Offline

I joined yesterday last year. At first, i was simply an annoying little prick who was only good for getting infractions, i wasnt planning to stay for long either, but then i discovered the travia section and decided to stay to play the awesome games with latio-nytrol and most duded, much has changed since then, but pe2k is still awesome.
Old 12-13-2012, 06:07 PM
~Blast Burn

Send a message via AIM to Typhlosion Explosion Send a message via Skype™ to Typhlosion Explosion

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldwynaut View Post
I joined yesterday last year. At first, i was simply an annoying little prick who was only good for getting infractions, i wasnt planning to stay for long either, but then i discovered the travia section and decided to stay to play the awesome games with latio-nytrol and most duded, much has changed since then, but pe2k is still awesome.
Infractions expire btw, and all of yours have, so don't worry about getting banned or anything. XD

I hate my young self for the grammatical atrocities. I want to go back and time and punch my self in the face and say "LEARN GRAMMAR FOOL." Would probably go back and say to use my old account so it looked like I joined in 2007 and wasn't a noob. XD
Old 12-13-2012, 06:40 PM
goldwynaut Offline

Do mods get infractions or do you have some sort of diplomatic immunity?

Punching your past self in the face is a bad idea, it would probably cause some sort of messed up time paradox.
Old 12-13-2012, 06:52 PM
~Blast Burn

Mods can get infractions I believe, but only from GMods. GMods and Admin(s) cannot be infracted. We usually never do anything wrong. xD There are people that have had infractions before they became a mod though, and they are still visible to us.

Yeah I thought about that. Probably lose a tooth, swallow that tooth, go to surgery to fix it, never find out about PE2K, never be here, no trivia mods since Ana left, GMods forget to watch over it closely, trivia players plot forum domination, they succeed, forum dies, everyone dies, world ends.
Old 12-13-2012, 07:02 PM
goldwynaut Offline

Holy s***, how does the forums death cause the world to end?
Old 12-13-2012, 07:39 PM
Sealboy Offline

Send a message via AIM to Sealboy Send a message via MSN to Sealboy Send a message via Skype™ to Sealboy

As soon as we hit May, it'd have been 5 years for moi. I'd like to say I've always been amazing, but that would be a lie. I was illiterate, nooby and SO bad at RolePlays. The first one I joined I didn't even sign up for - I got slapped on the wrist and told to go and sign up xD

I must say, Pe2k changed the way I write. It helped me to realise what my dream in life was - to be an Author. RolePlays developed my writing, and all I can say is thank you xD Or I can always make a video for my currently shining YouTube channel though :L

Trololol. But yeah, how have I changed? Well... I'm just better. People call me their God, their Saviour, now, so I must have done something xD

~Sealboy

Click the image above to check out my YouTube Channel - it'd mean a lot.
Old 12-13-2012, 09:51 PM
Negative Zone Offline

Oh jeez, when I joined in 2006... 10 days after my birthday, actually.

I was a fan of leetspeak, and generally had no clue what I was doing. Made some friends in an embarrassing little game on the trivia board. Silly 11 year old girls right? Then I got into RP, and made a few more friends there. I stayed around until a while after CoD4 came out. Xbox stole my life, and I was gone for two years. Came back in '09, nothing the same. Tried coming back every year, and my friends were never heard from again.

I guess I'm staying now, if only because of my group(with only one other member...) and nostalgia.
As long as you remember her,
you are not alone.

Old 12-14-2012, 01:35 AM
Pokemon Trainer Sarah Offline
Expecto Patronum!

Send a message via AIM to Pokemon Trainer Sarah Send a message via MSN to Pokemon Trainer Sarah

I joined at the beginning of 2005, which means my 8 year PE2K anniversary is coming up in January! I was really shy and hid out in the Pokemon boards. The forum seemed a lot bigger back then and I was really intimidated by everyone, especially the staff. xD

My favourite PE2K activity was answering people's questions about the games, so that's all I really used to do. I didn't really make any close friends for a long time because I was too shy to talk to anyone, but eventually I made a small group of friends and we spent hours in group chats and holding URPG battles. We've all gone our separate ways now, but I think those chats are my favourite memory!

PE2K is the first and only forum I have ever stayed with. I never would have imagined that I would become a staff member let alone an admin, and met so many awesome people!
Old 12-14-2012, 08:09 AM
miyoun Offline

Send a message via MSN to miyoun Send a message via Skype™ to miyoun

I sucked in 2005 BUT I DID speak to many people and people liked me regardless I was always temp banned?

lol.

when Ryan lifted my perma ban from this account I was so happy guys

don't wanna be a sing sing boy | twitter | last.fm
Old 12-14-2012, 11:13 AM
goldwynaut Offline

Permaban? permabans are the live executions of the internetz, what did you do to get permabanned? in most cases you only get permabanned for doing something really bad, even the spambots are only temporarily banned.

speaking of bans, i was
this
|
|
far
from getting temp banned once.
Old 12-14-2012, 04:45 PM
~Blast Burn

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldwynaut View Post
Permaban? permabans are the live executions of the internetz, what did you do to get permabanned? in most cases you only get permabanned for doing something really bad, even the spambots are only temporarily banned.

speaking of bans, i was
this
|
|
far
from getting temp banned once.
Spambots temporarily banned? No no no no no. xD They are if a GMod doesn't ban them (which sometimes happens), but mods can infract which give them two days temp ban. We report them and sometimes they never get perma-banned, but they never usually come back.

Temporary bans happen when you have three points from infractions. They usually expire, so you'll get temp banned from three constant infractions. You guys NEED to be wary of:

Spoiler:
Inappropriate language (pretty much any vulgar word and almost every curse word. Damn and ass should be fine, but you should still only use those in moderation and the forum bleeps some words out).

No insulting others either. This basically is self-explanatory.

Signature rule violation. I'm honestly not sure what this is...DON'T PUT NUTHIN' NAUGHT IN YO SIGGIES.

And spamming advertisements. If you want to advertise, we've an advertising thread.

Trolling, flaming, and spamming are also infraction worthy depending on the extent and if the user has been warned.

Posting sexual content on the forum can also mean perma-ban. If you must show someone sexual content, then do it away from the forum.

Okay, now you guys know what we infract on and what you should be posting. ABIDE OR BE FROWNED UPON.

Aaaaaaand back on topic, I usually spent my time in the trading center back in the day, before trading or trivia posts counted, so I only had one post in my first account. XD
Old 12-14-2012, 05:26 PM
mintjelly Offline
Father Cat

Send a message via AIM to mintjelly Send a message via Skype™ to mintjelly

I haven't even been a member here for a full year yet!
I have definitely changed, though.
When I came here, I was a bit troll-ish and rude.
Now I'm a good Minty :3

Shun the non-believer
Old 12-14-2012, 05:26 PM
mintjelly Offline
Father Cat

Send a message via AIM to mintjelly Send a message via Skype™ to mintjelly

I haven't even been a member here for a full year yet!
I have definitely changed, though.
When I came here, I was a bit troll-ish and rude.
Now I'm a good Minty :3

Shun the non-believer