Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Pokemon Main Boards » Pokemon: Games » Third Generation

Third Generation Discuss the third generation Pokemon games: Ruby, Sapphire, Emerald, FireRed and LeafGreen.

Old 11-11-2012, 09:09 PM
Poliwhirlman77 Offline

Default Hacking worth it?

Is it really worth it?
Old 11-11-2012, 09:13 PM
Poliwhirlman77 Offline

Default Re: Hacking worth it?

I think hacking takes the whole point and competitive edge out of the games and isn't that fun. I think it's way better to train all your Pokemon ( especially to Lv.100) by yourself normally. What does everyone else think?
Old 11-21-2012, 11:55 AM
QuietSnowdrop Offline

I agree completely. Hacking is unfair to those who actually put effort into IV breeding, EV training, catching legendaries, looking for shinies, etc. Plus, I don't know what the point is... how can you be proud of something you only got by cheating?
Old 11-21-2012, 03:18 PM
Master Aqua Offline

Send a message via AIM to Master Aqua Send a message via MSN to Master Aqua

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuietSnowdrop View Post
I agree completely. Hacking is unfair to those who actually put effort into IV breeding, EV training, catching legendaries, looking for shinies, etc. Plus, I don't know what the point is... how can you be proud of something you only got by cheating?
simple gettign flawlesss pokemon is not the point, it's the battle it's self. Thats why simulators are so popular as thy test pure raw skill and not the ability to get iv eves it's the battle that counts and only perfection can bring that.
Old 11-21-2012, 05:04 PM
Typhlosion Explosion Offline
~Blast Burn

Send a message via AIM to Typhlosion Explosion Send a message via Skype™ to Typhlosion Explosion

A lot of people have legitimate hacks, ones that are generated (from Pokesav or something else), but have completely legitimate stats, moves, and whatnot. Hacking illegally is fine too, but ONLY if you use it for yourself in game (not in online battles or with other people). I have a Wondertomb which I only use in PWT to get BP. I NEVER use it in battle against another person.

As for fairness, if it's legitimate in stats, it's fair. The main point of battling online in places such as Global Link, is to win, sadly enough. Of course, there are jerks who like to go online a pummel kids for fun though, using completely illegitimate stats, abilities, moves, etc.

I wouldn't say I'm really proud of any hacked Pokemon I've created though. I haven't hacked a Pokemon in god knows how long. I only use the Pokemon Modifier code so I can catch them and breed the baby Pokemon I don't have. I discard the hacks after I receive the egg anyways.

Competitive battling actually MAINLY has the use of legitimate hacks. People who are too lazy or don't have the time will generate a Pokemon for competitive use. EV training does take a lot of time depending on how you do it. Breeding for natures, characteristics and IVs aren't a walk in the park either. I've never IV bred, but I know it takes weeks to get everything perfect.

It's a Snubbull eat Snubbull world, and with cheating devices come cheaters. The best way to avoid them is simply ignore them or not battle them.
Old 11-23-2012, 04:00 AM
Zetsu Offline

Send a message via Skype™ to Zetsu

I don't really think it's worth it in the end. The whole point of the game is to catch and raise pokemon. You're suppose to look high and low for rare pokemon if you want them that badly, and if you can't find them? TRADE.

As for hacking stats and movesets, that's just a new kind of low. It's basically rubbing dirt in the faces of all trainers who actually take the time to egg breed moves and raise their pokemon properly.

To me, it doesn't matter if it's for the PWT or the Battle Subway, cheating is cheating

WFL Dream Team.
Old 11-24-2012, 11:32 AM
Master Aqua Offline

Send a message via AIM to Master Aqua Send a message via MSN to Master Aqua

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zetsu View Post
I don't really think it's worth it in the end. The whole point of the game is to catch and raise pokemon. You're suppose to look high and low for rare pokemon if you want them that badly, and if you can't find them? TRADE.

As for hacking stats and movesets, that's just a new kind of low. It's basically rubbing dirt in the faces of all trainers who actually take the time to egg breed moves and raise their pokemon properly.

To me, it doesn't matter if it's for the PWT or the Battle Subway, cheating is cheating
the whole point of hacking is to get pokemon for competive battling for convince in an eviroment where perfection matters and people may not have the time to create pokemon. Hacking is more vital than most people realise, i used to get requests all the time for teams to be hacked for nintendo events which can ignore there security checks.

NEVER should anything in competive battling should be allowed to be the basis of the winner other than skill, it's just not cricket and hacking can make sure of it, anyone that dosn't hack or rng you've come to the wrong place buddy, go for casual battling. This is the reason battle sims are so popular they are basically an over zealous method of hacking.
Old 11-28-2012, 11:47 PM
Grassy_Aggron Offline
Nutjob Personified

Send a message via AIM to Grassy_Aggron

I entirely disagree with what you said, Aqua. First off, creating cheats to an event which proves who raised the best team? Shame on you. That is not fair to the people who took the time to breed perfect IVs, natures, and movesets. Before you say no one does that, you're talking to someone that does, so there is no defense there.

There is no skill in hacking something. True skill comes from breeding them yourself, and then watching the results in a battle. You can proudly say "Yeah, I bred them myself!". No one goes around saying "Yeah I hacked them! Cool huh?". It isn't "cool". No one really likes a cheater when you take the time to do things the legitimate - and legal - way.

Battle simulators aren't really hacking, it's a simulation of everything as the way you want it to be. It's a program that takes the idea of what it could be with stats like that, and applies it to facing off against other people. That isn't hacking, really, when the program is based around the idea of allowing you to try different modifications. It's a simulation, as you said. It's simulating circumstances.
Old 11-28-2012, 11:52 PM
Judge Dredd Offline
Master of Shadows

Some people believe the real battle lays solely in the strategy if thats true than the means to getting the pokemon doesnt matter. Honestly your question can not be answered because everyone is biased in a way. Its a matter of a opinion.

Dragonair: 33054
Dragonite: 33129
Level100: 33264

GCEA Link Page Pokemon Evolution List

Old 07-30-2013, 07:58 AM
hualalad Offline

I agree completely.It was not worth it! My point!
Old 08-16-2013, 10:47 AM
JodyJacobs Offline

In my opinion it is right..i guess everyone has the right to do it..unless the person takes it in the wrong direction and misuses it.
Old 08-25-2013, 03:01 AM
Kers Offline
Banned

Send a message via AIM to Kers

No! Not Ever!!!