Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Interactive Boards » Role Play

Role Play Make Role Plays or join them. It's your world. Everybody else just lives in it.

Old 11-08-2012, 05:00 AM
Winter Offline

Send a message via Skype™ to Winter
Default Re: [Crossover] Interlinked [FF/PKMN] (RP)

OOC: No Cissnei yet, but I figured I'd get this posted anyway... And promise the flux will be mentioned in Hearthome soon, CM, Char and I are just holding off for the right moment--which should come quickly enough. Also note that Reine's post contains hints of events in BW2.

Jovi (and Krane)
Hearthome
Link: Darkrai
APRers: Char

The young woman Jovi had addressed looked up to Krane, who now stood just behind the girl, looking a bit embarrassed, and smiled. “You too, huh? Well, that makes three of us.” Jovi frowned for about a half a second, and was about to say that at least they could look for answers together when the pokemon on the young woman's poked her hat. She looked frustrated before she spoke again. “Whatever,” she said with a wave of her hand. “Anyway, sounds like we’re headed the same direction. Name’s Zayna—and I’ve been told that somewhere around here there’s an airship business. I just haven’t found it yet.”

Zayna? That was an interesting name, and to go with her interesting name, she had interesting information. While she didn't know where the airship business was, she at least knew one was supposed to be nearby. "Well, would you mind if we looked for this business with you, Zayna? I'm Jovi, and my friend is Professor Krane. We're from the Pokemon research facility down the road," Jovi offered after a minor exchange between the woman and the Pokemon on her shoulder--which had, much to Jovi's surprise, blue eyes.

"Interesting," Krane murmured, seeming to note the detail as well.

"Well, whether we travel together or not, do you mind me asking what that Pokemon on your shoulder is?" Jovi found herself asking suddenly. A look of surprise crossed Krane's face, but it was brief--he wanted to know what it was just as much as the girl did.

Reine Noir
Neo Nautilus
Link: Kyurem
ARPer's: None as of right now

Reine opened the door to find not the Zoroark she was expecting stalking around the room, but one of Mother's many illusionary faces. This was the one she had taken a liking to most recently--assuming the form of a tall woman in what looked to be about her twenties, with a severe A-line haircut that caused her ink-black hair to frame her face, the bottom inch or so of it was dyed a bright crimson. Her hair only served to make the rest of her look more pale--and her red eyeliner-rimmed, pale blue eyes almost unsettling to look at with the way they were set among the clear, pale skin of her face. This form seemed to aim for more of a punk look, form fitting black half-jacket with a gray, fur-lined hood rested over a red t-shirt covered with a ton of different band logos in black ink, and she wore close-fitting black jeans with red sneakers to top it all off. While the Zoroark herself had come to Reine with the name 'Mother' already bestowed to her, she liked naming her illusionary human forms--this was the one Mother called Alkaline.

As the actress stepped in, the human-disguised Zoroark gave her a look of confusion, tilting her head. /Why are you back so early?/ A lower-pitched woman's voice asked within her head. Reine smiled--looked like Mother couldn't think of a way to mime that to her in a way that made sense.

"Tom tripped and fell on his face during a scene, so Sydney threw a fit and then told us to take a lunch break. Mind helping me get out of this dress and into normal clothes, since you're here?" she asked, causing Mother to snicker in reply.

/Sydney throws lots of of fits,/ Mother replied as she stepped over to where her trainer stood. /Eyes closed,/ the Zoroark projected to the rest of the Pokemon in the room. As the only female Pokemon on Reine's team, she had always been a bit stern about changing rules. Reine didn't like keeping them in Pokeballs, and she couldn't exactly shove a Gigilith, Samurott, and an Ampharos out into the hall. DJ was already playing the part of door security, the other three would just take up hall space. At the comment about 'eyes closed,' Yajuu gave a rather loud growl. He didn't have eyes to close--there wasn't a single Deino that did, and the request had obviously set him off.

"Easy, Yaj," Reine murmured as Mother began to tackle the laces at the back of her dress that kept it from falling off her.

/Why do these things have to be so darn accurate?/ the Zoroark complained after a few minutes of silent untying.

"Because good costumes are part of what make films great, third only to great plot and great setting," she replied good-naturedly. Mother snorted before giving a gentle pull that resulted in the dress falling in a little puddle at Reine's bare feet.

/Well you aren't filming, go put your normal clothes on, dear one,/ the Zoroark replied, spinning the actress by the shoulder so that she faced a small pile of clothes on the dressing room counter. 'Dear one' was a term of affection the Pokemon used on occasion, and she knew that despite whatever OCD fit she had been throwing before Reine had opened the door, she was nothing but fun now.

It was just as she slid on a gray camisole layer to go under her sweater that Reine heard the hum. Suddenly it was there; louder than any other time she had heard it and it raised the hair on the back of her neck before, with a rather theatrical pop, all the lights in the dressing room went out.

Reine did not make a sound. She wasn't all that surprised, but even if she had been, she was too preoccupied with the fact that the dressing room was now freezing cold. In the darkness, she couldn't see where her sweater was, and when she reached for the counter, it wasn't there. "What in the world--?" she asked as she fumbled blindly, trying to find the dressing room counter that no longer seemed to be present. Somehow in the blackness, she could see her breath puff out little clouds of condensation. "Mother? Where are you?" she called softly, voice trembling. What was going on? "Yaj? Ampy? Boulder? ...Neige?" None of her Pokemon answered her call.

"Mother...? …Who is…Mother? …Who are you? ...Who am I?" The disembodied voice that suddenly filled the air was startling enough, however the voice itself was even more shocking. It brought to mind shattering glass, sheets of ice snapping underfoot, of ice splintering into a million tiny, glimmering pieces... "Have we met...before?"

In the back of the girl's mind, something clicked. She was no longer surrounded by blackness, but just dimness. Spikes of ice rose from the floor, and rock walls surrounded her, as well as mist that felt too thick to be real. It was cold, colder than Reine had ever been in her life, but something needed to be done, her mind insisted. Someone needed to be stopped. Except, who needed to be stopped? She couldn't see anyone among the mist. As suddenly as the hum had come earlier, a bright light exploded in the dimness, a scream ripped through the air, and--

"Reine! Reine!" A woman's shout broke through the nightmare, and the actress bolted upright. Her body still felt ice cold, and she was trembling. /It was just a bad nightmare, dear one. You passed out just after the lights cut off, hit your head on the counter and really worried us,/ Mother's voice reached warm and comforting through the haze of fear and confusion. The Zoroark, still wearing her illusionary skin, reached out towards her trainer gently. Reine let herself fall back into Mother's grasp and closed her eyes, but snapped them open again when the image of the cavern she'd just been in flashed before them.

"It didn't feel like a dream or a nightmare, Mother," the girl said softly. "What I saw...it felt real," she murmured.

Banner by me! | My dA | My FF.Net
Old 11-08-2012, 08:36 PM
Dragotech Offline

Name: Akari Blackscale
Link: N/A
Affected Arpers: Perhaps CM and Eternal Moonlight

Akari continued following the river. She realized she wasn't as battered as she initially thought. There were some bruises, but she had not damaged any bones. She had hit her head pretty hard, but that was fine as well. She walked on using minimal support from her spear.

Her friends followed her. They were talking about random things to pass the time. Akari looked back on them wishing she could even remotely understand their speech. She knelt for a moment by the river and took a quick drink. She noticed that there were fish swimming through it. She took her spear and thrust it through one she recognized as food. She decided not to take time to gut it or cook it. She ate it with the scales. It felt unpleasant in her jaws and as it slid down her throat. She regretted not gutting it almost as much as she regretted the scales.

The Pokemon were slightly sickened by this, but they did find it almost funny when her regret was obvious. They noticed the nearby bushes were covered in berries. They began eating at it as Akari washed her mouth out. Akari decided to walk over and try these berries. She consumed a Pecha berry and enjoyed its sweetness. She plucked an Aspear berry. The sour berry was not as pleasing, but it was not unpleasant either. She pulled an Oran, and its vast and balanced flavors surprised her. She decided she had enough and called her friends, so that they may continue.

Akari and her friends continued on. The river seemed like it was beginning to turn. Akari noticed the trees thinning out here. Akari looked onward, and it appeared like there could be mountains beyond what may have been plains. She decided to forsake the river, for the path ahead towards the plains.

She approached the area where the forest began shifting to plains. She looked and saw what appeared to be a city on something of a mountain. This reminded her of her home, but she could see it was not built in the same fashion her people used.

She looked around on her approach to the plains. There appeared to be a few humans on the plain not to far off. She said to herself,"Welll, betterr a Hume than a monsster." She noticed her friends were a little nervous about leaving the forest they called home behind. She tried to console them,"It willl be allright my friendsss." They didn't look terribly convinced, but they continued to follow her anyways.

She began to walk toward the humans, and she thought she noticed a glimpse of something red. As she grew closer she began to notice their strange attire. She began to question if she was even in Ivalice anymore.
Old 11-13-2012, 01:49 AM
Charmander009 Offline
WFL Official

Send a message via AIM to Charmander009

Zayna White
Hearthome City
Linkes—Zekrom
ARPers: Winter

“Sure,” I nodded after the girl (Jovi) asked if she and her friend (Professor Krane) could tag along. “The more the merrier.” A research facility, eh? I thought to myself after I motioned for the three—four—of us to start walking. I hadn’t been aware of one near Hearthome, but then again I wasn’t too familiar with the area. As I wondered what kind of research they did, Jovi took me by surprise with an abrupt question.

"Well, whether we travel together or not, do you mind me asking what that Pokémon on your shoulder is?"

Makar blushed bashfully and ducked behind my head again. I sighed and started walking, replying at the same time, “He is a little fur-ball of trouble.”

<Am not!> the imp returned. Turning to the blue-haired girl, he grinned. <Makar’s my name! That’s what Zayna decided to call me! Isn’t it a nice name?>

I chuckled softly and shook my head. As we traveled down the street, I explained, “He’s a Victini—a, er, unique Pokémon from the Unova region.” Looking up at the fire-type as he drifted along side of us, I added, “There’s a myth that says Victini bring victory to their Trainers—but as of yet, I think he’s brought more mischief then any of that.”

Makar giggled.

We traveled a ways down the road, eventually coming to the outskirts of Hearthome. It looked like there were more warehouses out here than shops or apartments. I came to an abrupt halt, getting the impression that I had come the wrong way. However, just before I was about to tell my new companions to turn back around, a sign caught my eye.

HIGHWIND AIRSHIP AND MECHANIC, it read.

“That looks promising,” I shrugged. Waving to the others, I strode past the sign right up to the door to the storefront. It creaked in protest as I forced it open, peering in curiously.

“Hello?” I called out.

I was answered with a low hum…

Right before the lights went out.

Old 11-17-2012, 06:42 AM
Winter Offline

Send a message via Skype™ to Winter

Jovi (and Krane)
Hearthome
Link: Darkrai
APRers: Char

"Makar?" Jovi spoke slowly, as though trying to feel the name on her tongue. It was strange to her, and she was still a kid at heart. "It sounds strange...but it's still nice," the girl admitted.

"Victini? I've only heard of Pokemon from the Unova region, never really gotten the chance to see very many," Krane said thoughtfully, laughing softly with Jovi over the mischief comment.

The group followed Zayna through the streets of Hearthome, into a warehouse area where most things looked like they hadn't been touched in quite awhile. Zayna seemed to be ready to give up when Jovi noticed something had caught her eye. An older, rough-looking metal sign that indicated an airship business in the area. Jovi and Krane followed her as the young woman led them towards a rickety looking storefront next to a warehouse or garage kind of attachment. "Hello?" Zayna called, and her question was met with a hum before the lights went out.

Jovi jumped in surprise, and it was met with a soft laugh that sounded in her head. "Don't be afraid of the dark, Jovi, far worse things are out there," the voice from her dreams said bemusedly. Jovi shivered--it remembered her name? However, she couldn't give the detail much more thought.

"Oh," another female voice murmured. "I'm so sorry about that, I swear these outages are getting worse and worse... Ummm... Ah! There were are! Yamada, do you mind?" the voice continued, along with bumps and clangs before a suddenly there was a woman lifting a lit candle in a saucer and placing it on the counter in front of her. "Welcome to Highwi--" this time the woman was cut off by muffled shouts coming from what sounded like next door.

"Oh you mother--!" another female voice roared, the end part cut off by a loud crash. The woman at the counter cringed. "You would think we'd have come up with a more efficient source of power by now!"

"Malanie Blue, I swear to whatever god or gods rule over this world, if you broke something, I swear I will have your head for it!" a deeper male's voice roared in response.

"Nothing I can't fix, even if I did, but I mean really?! I was in the middle of a weld!" the female voice protested, there was another load crash, followed by a loud string of curses that had Krane covering Jovi's ears.

"It's still light out, just open the door and get that oversized rat of yours to power the machine or get Dyna to play torch for you. Stop beating up my tools."

"They aren't all your tools, you know?" the voice snapped, and a loud protesting screech of metal filled everyone's ears. This also cut off several rounds of swearing on both voices, thankfully, though Krane observed the two seemed to know more obscene or obscene-sounding words than a sailor.

Finally someone heaved the garage door open, and the owner of the female voice stormed out, dark hair flying behind her. As she made it down the sidewalk, she seemed to notice that there were people in the shop and turned back to the shop. "Hey, Highwind! We got customers!" she shouted before making a gesture to the garage. A Pokemon Jovi recognized as Raichu bolted out of the garage and into the girl's arms, while an older blond man with a stubble-covered chin and a oil-splattered blue t-shirt exited the side building as well.

"Let Shera do her job Malanie!" the man shouted back before approaching the door and stepping into the room. He still looked rather angry, but a lot of it seemed to ease off as he sighed. "That girl has no sense of self-control," he growled.

"Well how well as her life gone? And now she's gone from working her own family business to working in a shop with other people, a shop that's down half the time because of whatever it is that keeps knocking out the power, and now she's gone from working on cars and motorcycles to whatever comes in. I think if you were still her age, Cid, you would've snapped, too," the woman and the counter responded before adjusting the large, round glasses on her face. This completed, she looked at the group and gave them a large smile. "I'm incredibly sorry about that, tension has been running high with the outages running as they have recently. Welcome to Highwind Airship and Mechanic, how can we help you?"

"Ha! More like Highwind 'Taken-Over-by-the-Council,'" the man grunted. Jovi frowned--what was that supposed to mean?

Reine Noir
Neo Nautilus
Link: Kyurem
ARPer's: None as of right now

A sharp knock sounded at the door, causing both Reine and Mother to jump. "Miss Reine?" a tentative voice called through the door, and Reine sighed in relief. It was just a stagehand girl that typically worked calling leave times for the actors and actresses.

"Come in, Lily," Reine called shakily, trying to pull herself back together quickly. An eerie purple-blue light spilled into the room as the door opened, and a Litwick bumbled into the room in front of his trainer--he was commonly called 'Tippy' by Lily and her brother, who also worked in the Studios.

"All able actors and actresses have had their help requested in working safety for the people on rides and visiting attractions in Neo Nautilus, Miss Reine." Reine hauled herself up off the floor, and nearly fell back down. Mother let out a soft exhale before her human mouth began to speak.

"She hit her head on the counter on accident, I highly doubt that that qualifies as a--"

"No, I'm fine, just give me a moment. This darkness is is just disorienting," Reine protested softly, trying to stand again. "I want to help."

"Miss Reine, if you're hurt--" Reine cut the girl off.

"No, I want to help," she said forcefully, finally managing to stand. Mother had managed to get her sweater on, but it took a moment to track down where her boots had gone. With a sigh, she picked up a shoulder bag and produced a handful of pokeballs. "Alright guys, everyone but Mother in. I hat doing this, but you know how it is. Please return," she requested, and suddenly her dressing room felt empty, even in the darkness.

Minutes later, the young woman found herself walking down one of the many pathways in Neo Nautilus, waving a torch slowly through the air to check for civilians who might be in need of help, Mother, still wearing her human illusion beside her.

It was when they were passing the more recently added ferris wheel that things went horribly wrong. Mother seemed to sense it, as she pulled Reine to her and dove backwards as there was an earth-shattering bang and then the scream of metal filled the air. /Clever.../ she heard Mother say as she was suddenly being forced back up on her feet and shoved forward. /Run, dear one, run! We're under attack!/ the Zoroark's mind told her, however the warning did them no good. As they rounded the corner, Reine nearly collided with a group of people dressed in black.

"What do we have here?" a deep man's voice asked tauntingly, and Reine froze.

OOC: And enter Cid and Shera Highwind from FFVII for NPC abuse purposes, as well as Mal (old OC of mine) for a bit of comedy. Yes, there is a reason Reine's life is going to Hades in a handbasket so quickly, and hopefully you'll find out when Chibi posts. Sorry this took so long--this week was really busy and I didn't realize this got posted for awhile.

Banner by me! | My dA | My FF.Net
Old 11-20-2012, 02:07 AM
Charmander009 Offline
WFL Official

Send a message via AIM to Charmander009

Zayna White
Hearthome City
Linkes—Zekrom
ARPers: Winter

I tried to appear impassive during the… sailor’s songs… after the blackout, but I think I might have flinched once or twice. Glancing over at Krane, I could see the look of alarm on his face as he covered poor Jovi’s ears. Quite curtly, I was reminded that I was about to deal with folks from the “other place”. I had always been a little wary working with them, since their ways were a bit… different; they certainly knew a few more words than I did. At least these guys actually looked human, I told myself.

<Those are some funny words,> remarked Makar with stark innocence.

And they are not to be repeated, okay? I directed a stern thought towards the Victini. I ignored his confused look as I plastered on a fake smile, waiting politely until the skirmish was over. The comment that the grizzly man made caught my tension, however. Taken over by the council? Crap… Suddenly I had a bad feeling about this…

“Ooooookay,” I slowly eased my gaze to the more composed individual in the room—Shera, I thought they called her. Clearing my throat, I decided to leap head first into our business. The sooner I got this over with, the better. “Well… We had been hoping to get a lift to the Capital...”

I glanced at the powerless lights doubtfully. Would they still be able to operate without crystal? That’s just what I needed—another delay. Felt like my headache was coming back…

_____

(OOC: Short post is short ^^')