Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Pokemon Main Boards » Pokemon: Interactive Center » Pokemon Battling Center

Pokemon Battling Center Find an opponent to battle on Pokemon Black/White, Pokemon HeartGold/SoulSilver, Pokemon Diamond/Pearl/Platinum or Pokemon Online. Join a clan or tournament here.

Old 11-02-2012, 05:33 PM
Master Aqua Offline

Send a message via AIM to Master Aqua Send a message via MSN to Master Aqua
Default Re: Pokerus Empire: Never Say Die

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tsujin View Post
So how was it. Ive never been one for Bond movies really. And I didnt realize Ho-oh would be moving down from Ubers either. Lol. Its been waaaay too long for me since Ive been in the game. Still need to even beat my Black 2.

On a side not my Morpher came in!
Adding pic pretty damn soon.

Spoiler:
power rangers died out a long time ago, it was never really that good to begin with.
Old 11-02-2012, 09:01 PM
XxK1NGxTHORxX Offline

whats up everyone?? been awhile ahha
Old 11-03-2012, 10:04 PM
Master Aqua Offline

I am retireing from competitive battling and sticking to purely theorymon, there is no sport in battling anymore.
Old 11-04-2012, 06:57 PM
Princess_Eevee9 Offline

Send a message via AIM to Princess_Eevee9 Send a message via MSN to Princess_Eevee9 Send a message via Yahoo to Princess_Eevee9 Send a message via Skype™ to Princess_Eevee9

Quote:
So how was it. Ive never been one for Bond movies really. And I didnt realize Ho-oh would be moving down from Ubers either. Lol. Its been waaaay too long for me since Ive been in the game. Still need to even beat my Black 2.

Spoiler:
*Knocks Tsu out and steals Morpher- MINE!!!!!!!111!!!11111

I saw Ubers testing was going on, but yeah no, Ho-Oh's staying Uber. Especially with Regenerator as a DW ability.
Old 11-05-2012, 01:50 AM
Master Aqua Offline

Quote:
Originally Posted by Princess_Eevee9 View Post
*Knocks Tsu out and steals Morpher- MINE!!!!!!!111!!!11111

I saw Ubers testing was going on, but yeah no, Ho-Oh's staying Uber. Especially with Regenerator as a DW ability.
I am so tempted to write a massive paragraph about why ho-oh isn't uber. But for a change I am going to ask you to make a paragraph on why he is uber and if you don't your argument is invalid due to your lack of an explanation. I ahve seen so many people on smogon get banned lately for not backing up their statements and then making a huge array of arguments with out justifying themselves in a reasonable manor and since I got introuble for arguing about ho-oh last time, I will let you do it.
Old 11-05-2012, 12:58 PM
Princess_Eevee9 Offline

Send a message via AIM to Princess_Eevee9 Send a message via MSN to Princess_Eevee9 Send a message via Yahoo to Princess_Eevee9 Send a message via Skype™ to Princess_Eevee9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Master Aqua View Post
I am so tempted to write a massive paragraph about why ho-oh isn't uber. But for a change I am going to ask you to make a paragraph on why he is uber and if you don't your argument is invalid due to your lack of an explanation. I ahve seen so many people on smogon get banned lately for not backing up their statements and then making a huge array of arguments with out justifying themselves in a reasonable manor and since I got introuble for arguing about ho-oh last time, I will let you do it.
I have to have a reason? I'm just guessing.
Old 11-05-2012, 01:54 PM
Master Aqua Offline

Quote:
Originally Posted by Princess_Eevee9 View Post
I have to have a reason? I'm just guessing.
Well yes, you did make it out to be such a bold statement XD. God help you if you did that on smogon.

but no ho-oh has some major issues

4 rock weakness aka sr weakness, regenerator allows it to switch out easily with sr is on the field but not witch in
ho-oh is rather slow and has only tailwind and flame charge to make it faster
it lacks conventional boosting moves
it's not as threatening as a sweeper as garchomp dragonite and salamence who pocess better typing boosting moves and greater speed (dragonite is bulkier with multiscale and faster after dd)
It's defense is poorish, 90 isn't bad but it's not good either, and i suppose it dosn't matter, rock type moves will ko it at full health regardless.

The problem with ho-oh is it's both bulky and powerful, but it can't make good use of either of them compared to other pokemon, it's typing and inability to set up leave it so vulnerable. Why would you use ho-oh over any other sweeper or wall? garchomp dosn't need rapid spin support and it has far better typing, which makes up for the lack of special bulk and handles physical threats pretty well, access to swords dance, greater speed, near perfect coverage in it's stabs alone and not only no sr weakness but a ressitance more than make up for any advantages ho-oh may have over it.

just in future remember it's just not good practice to make a statement with out backing it up it's just not good practice and this may not be smogon but the idea of backing up what you say is good practice for life especially when you go to collage or university where you will have to reference thing's when writing an essay or an assiment, so it's good practice to start with something fun and simple such as pokemon.
Old 11-05-2012, 02:55 PM
Princess_Eevee9 Offline

Quote:
Well yes, you did make it out to be such a bold statement XD. God help you if you did that on smogon.

but no ho-oh has some major issues

4 rock weakness aka sr weakness, regenerator allows it to switch out easily with sr is on the field but not witch in
ho-oh is rather slow and has only tailwind and flame charge to make it faster
it lacks conventional boosting moves
it's not as threatening as a sweeper as garchomp dragonite and salamence who pocess better typing boosting moves and greater speed (dragonite is bulkier with multiscale and faster after dd)
It's defense is poorish, 90 isn't bad but it's not good either, and i suppose it dosn't matter, rock type moves will ko it at full health regardless.

The problem with ho-oh is it's both bulky and powerful, but it can't make good use of either of them compared to other pokemon, it's typing and inability to set up leave it so vulnerable. Why would you use ho-oh over any other sweeper or wall? garchomp dosn't need rapid spin support and it has far better typing, which makes up for the lack of special bulk and handles physical threats pretty well, access to swords dance, greater speed, near perfect coverage in it's stabs alone and not only no sr weakness but a ressitance more than make up for any advantages ho-oh may have over it.

just in future remember it's just not good practice to make a statement with out backing it up it's just not good practice and this may not be smogon but the idea of backing up what you say is good practice for life especially when you go to collage or university where you will have to reference thing's when writing an essay or an assiment, so it's good practice to start with something fun and simple such as pokemon.
I am in college and that's why I left off my explanation, to many deep writing assignments bore me.

It might bot be as threatening but it'll never see OU, I think. I dunno just feel that way.
Old 11-05-2012, 03:26 PM
Lost Soul Offline

Quote:

Spoiler:
lol, it looks like you're actually hoping that you transform into a power ranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by XxK1NGxTHORxX View Post
whats up everyone?? been awhile ahha
yaoo KT how you been?

@aqua, sometimes it seems like you just like to be contradictory to invoke a debate, lol, i've never used HO-OH competitively, not just because it is uber, but because of the aforementioned 4x rock weakness, which i would always carry on my team, so i just assume everyone else does, i can see your point, but i think it's more of a limbomon, not the best choice for a physical sweeper in Uber, but just OP enough in OU to cause people fits,

@eevee, how's school going?

@everyone else, (even though i'm pretty sure there isn't much more that are currently active) sorry about my absence, theres been a major family issue i've been dealing with, and i'll continue to be busy until thursday at the soonest, so the clan cleaning won't happen till then, i haven't touched my ds, though i have picked up an xbox controller a few times andwatched a few movies,

hope everyone had a great halloween!
Old 11-06-2012, 05:41 AM
Void Offline

Quote:
That's like saying that a god exists, and then proceeding to ask atheists to prove that a god doesn't exist... you can't do that. You're making the claim, so the burden of proof is on you.

Not saying I disagree with you... I haven't played pokemon in ages, my knowledge of the metagame isn't really even sufficient for a decent theorymon, but that's just not a viable argument.
Old 11-06-2012, 05:11 PM
Master Aqua Offline

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lost Soul View Post
lol, it looks like you're actually hoping that you transform into a power ranger

yaoo KT how you been?

@aqua, sometimes it seems like you just like to be contradictory to invoke a debate, lol, i've never used HO-OH competitively, not just because it is uber, but because of the aforementioned 4x rock weakness, which i would always carry on my team, so i just assume everyone else does, i can see your point, but i think it's more of a limbomon, not the best choice for a physical sweeper in Uber, but just OP enough in OU to cause people fits,

@eevee, how's school going?

@everyone else, (even though i'm pretty sure there isn't much more that are currently active) sorry about my absence, theres been a major family issue i've been dealing with, and i'll continue to be busy until thursday at the soonest, so the clan cleaning won't happen till then, i haven't touched my ds, though i have picked up an xbox controller a few times andwatched a few movies,

hope everyone had a great halloween!
Theya re going to let a bulky dragon with a base stat of 700, 170 of which is in attack, good special attack to go mixed with arguably better typing than fire/flying ( through ice/dragon is very weak to priority 4x sr weakness is worse) and you fit think people would fit over ho-oh, ahhaha, ye they probally would indeed take a fit of the idea of ho-oh being in ou at first and kyruem has already got a lot of people in trouble for going out of place, but in all honesty If kyruem-b has been proven not only to be not broken but to be so useless that people in the susspect ladder don't use it as it would net them more losses than wins, the idea of even lugia and girantina in ou is not so farfetched anymore let alone ho-oh.

Funny turn of events isn't it? When base stats of 680+ don't hold the same competive stance that they do in peoples hearts? CRazy stuff I tell you crazy!

pecides why would you even use ho-oh in ou, a 4x Sr weak tank is hardly appealing.

Also lets take a look at ou and how base stats don't mean a thing if you can't use them, the position ho-oh is in, we can all at least agree in ubers. breloom, skarmory and frotress all have a base stat of around 460-465, yet are top tier ou pokemon, while the birds, the dogs, the regi, the elfs, 2 of the muskateer pokemon find themselves in uu or under, why?
Cause of a few thing's, but lets stick to moltress, he is most like ho-oh right? why is my beloved moltress in not uu or ou or even bl/2 but he is in ru? Move pool is pretty decent for use in ou, it works well in sun or rain with access to hurricane solar beam ect. it's got a solid 125 special attack. the issue is SR or moltress might even be ou, sr is hard to keep off the field and moltress isn't even that greta when it's off the field, no way to boost it's attack and speed unlike volcanora, it's stuck where it is. Ho-oh is the same but with base 100 more stats and to boot and of all the stats ho-oh could have wanted 154 in, special defence was not on the list but it is better than it going in to defence.

the problems of ho-oh and moltress are similar due to their type and move pool, both are weak to sr 4x, both are slow even by uu and ou standards, both have 3 very common weakness that are very easy to exploit, both can not boost their stats bar speed an di think ho-oh learns calm mind, but honesty why would you not use latias for that? both have a long list of pokemon that can rape them.

ho-oh is a physical moltress with some stats beefed up, acess to the wonderful sacred fire and regenerator to some what remove sr issue. The problem i have with ho-oh is why would you even wnat to use it? I mean come on, for a physical attacker would garchomp not be a better choice?, sr ressitance, near perfect stab coverage, better speed acess to swords dance, how about dragonite who behind his multiscale is bulkier than ho-oh and can boost his attack and speed to insane levels. Ho-oh to me in ou seems more trouble than it's worth with all the better options around and I think it's exactly in the same possition as the now ou kyruem-black, those big bulky stats don't mena much when you can't back them up.

and yes a base 700 pokemon with stab outrage and 170 base attack is ou, go figure lol XD.
Old 11-06-2012, 06:32 PM
Princess_Eevee9 Offline

Quote:
Theya re going to let a bulky dragon with a base stat of 700, 170 of which is in attack, good special attack to go mixed with arguably better typing than fire/flying ( through ice/dragon is very weak to priority 4x sr weakness is worse) and you fit think people would fit over ho-oh, ahhaha, ye they probally would indeed take a fit of the idea of ho-oh being in ou at first and kyruem has already got a lot of people in trouble for going out of place, but in all honesty If kyruem-b has been proven not only to be not broken but to be so useless that people in the susspect ladder don't use it as it would net them more losses than wins, the idea of even lugia and girantina in ou is not so farfetched anymore let alone ho-oh.

Funny turn of events isn't it? When base stats of 680+ don't hold the same competive stance that they do in peoples hearts? CRazy stuff I tell you crazy!

pecides why would you even use ho-oh in ou, a 4x Sr weak tank is hardly appealing.

Also lets take a look at ou and how base stats don't mean a thing if you can't use them, the position ho-oh is in, we can all at least agree in ubers. breloom, skarmory and frotress all have a base stat of around 460-465, yet are top tier ou pokemon, while the birds, the dogs, the regi, the elfs, 2 of the muskateer pokemon find themselves in uu or under, why?
Cause of a few thing's, but lets stick to moltress, he is most like ho-oh right? why is my beloved moltress in not uu or ou or even bl/2 but he is in ru? Move pool is pretty decent for use in ou, it works well in sun or rain with access to hurricane solar beam ect. it's got a solid 125 special attack. the issue is SR or moltress might even be ou, sr is hard to keep off the field and moltress isn't even that greta when it's off the field, no way to boost it's attack and speed unlike volcanora, it's stuck where it is. Ho-oh is the same but with base 100 more stats and to boot and of all the stats ho-oh could have wanted 154 in, special defence was not on the list but it is better than it going in to defence.

the problems of ho-oh and moltress are similar due to their type and move pool, both are weak to sr 4x, both are slow even by uu and ou standards, both have 3 very common weakness that are very easy to exploit, both can not boost their stats bar speed an di think ho-oh learns calm mind, but honesty why would you not use latias for that? both have a long list of pokemon that can rape them.

ho-oh is a physical moltress with some stats beefed up, acess to the wonderful sacred fire and regenerator to some what remove sr issue. The problem i have with ho-oh is why would you even wnat to use it? I mean come on, for a physical attacker would garchomp not be a better choice?, sr ressitance, near perfect stab coverage, better speed acess to swords dance, how about dragonite who behind his multiscale is bulkier than ho-oh and can boost his attack and speed to insane levels. Ho-oh to me in ou seems more trouble than it's worth with all the better options around and I think it's exactly in the same possition as the now ou kyruem-black, those big bulky stats don't mena much when you can't back them up.

and yes a base 700 pokemon with stab outrage and 170 base attack is ou, go figure lol XD.
This was hard to read because they are misspelled words and such, but I get the gist of what you are saying to me.

College is going well for me, finished off two of my classes only to sign up for another, yippee...., semester ends soon so I'm really excited about that.

I've been out all day voting and doing community service and just now got back. Family things over internet, so I say take as all as you need!

Voted for Obama because he's just the logical choice, and the lesser of both evils. Romney would've had more pull if he didn't out his own party when the debates were going on, and then rip off Obama's speeches.
Old 11-09-2012, 04:16 PM
Master Aqua Offline

I was watching house and noted he reference arceus by name and girantina, palkia and dialga in 8.08.
Old 11-14-2012, 02:19 PM
Lost Soul Offline

Morning Yaoo everyone, it's been a while for me, been busy still trying to get things settled down on the home front, but i should have some free time up until the end of the year, now to transfer my pokemon over, i'll try to be on the xat within the next few days

later alls
Old 11-15-2012, 04:18 AM
lildude3000 Offline

Send a message via Skype™ to lildude3000
Default Re: Pokerus Empire:Never Say Die (Not Recruiting)

Guys, I'm going insane. I've been beaten in the PWT too many times now lol. If ANYONE would be willing to help me transfer pokemon between my White and White 2, I'd be most appreciative!