Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Pokemon Main Boards » Pokemon: Anime/Movies/Manga

Pokemon: Anime/Movies/Manga Talk about the Pokemon anime, movies and manga. NOTE: It's possible that there may be discussions in here that may spoil something for you if you haven't seen that episode/movie/manga before. Please use the spoiler code when appropriate.

Old 07-22-2012, 06:13 PM
goldwynaut Offline

Default Re: General Anime Discussion Thread

professor birch and scott both own cars, and they drive like pigs, you apparently dont need a drivers license to drive in the pokemon world. lol
Old 07-22-2012, 11:44 PM
Pokemon Trainer Sarah Offline
Expecto Patronum!

Send a message via AIM to Pokemon Trainer Sarah Send a message via MSN to Pokemon Trainer Sarah

Hm,you guys are smart cookies. I can definitely see the environment playing a major role in why they wouldn't use planes. It makes sense that Pokemon tech would advance faster than other tech, as Pokemon can be used in place of a lot of technology. However, I don't think Pokemon are used that much as means of transport or anything and it doesn't really seem like EVERYONE is heavily involved with Pokemon. But it definitely makes a lot more sense why they would be using blimps now!
Old 09-25-2012, 01:15 AM
Expecto Patronum!

Send a message via AIM to Pokemon Trainer Sarah Send a message via MSN to Pokemon Trainer Sarah

I made it to the end of Sinnoh! I was very impressed with Sinnoh League Victors overall. Hardly any boring fillers and lots of epic battles.

The Grand Festival battles between Zoey and Nando and Zoey and Dawn were pretty amazing, I really have a new respect for contests, which I never liked before. It was pretty cool to see interesting combinations that could be used in regular battles and not just contests.

What is up with the Sinnoh League though?! How can some guy just come in with a legend and own everyone. It seems really unfair. =\ I am really happy that Ash did so well and also made it to the top 4 for the first time, though. And also was the only one who defeated Darkrai. I guess if they had to make Ash lose, at least they did it in a way where he still came out looking good.

So I am now onto BW. I happened to watch the episode where Ash catches Snivy right after the episode where he defeats Darkrai and Latios. So I basically just saw Pikachu pummel a Latios,keep up with its speed, survive a Luster Purge and be overall awesome and now I see it unable to hit a WILD SNIVY with a Quick Attack. Huh! I know they reset Pikachu in each new region but do they have to go that far?!

I then see Ash lose a battle to a brand new trainer. After defeating TWO legends. I kinda remember why I stopped watching this show... it seems like all the work Ash did during Sinnoh counts for nothing and he's back to being completely inexperienced. Does he really need Iris to remind him that he needs to weaken a Pokemon before he can catch it?! At least in Sinnoh HE was the one who was helping Dawn out, not the other way around. I feel like Ash has completely reverted even worse than he did in Hoenn and Sinnoh (at least he was in a mentor role then). To top it all off, Pikachu manages to lose to the water monkey in the first gym... How is that even possible?! I nearly threw something at my TV.

Okay I am feeling better now. xD But it really frustrates me that just when I was getting back into the anime and really enjoying it and remembering why I used to like it, it has to go from amazing to lame in under 1 episode...

Also am I the only one who wants to throw something at Iris every time she says "you're such a kid, Ash". *twitch* If she was a very experienced trainer who was older than Ash and clearly superior then it wouldn't be so bad, but she doesn't even have a Pokemon that can battle at this stage, just a big mouth.

Last edited by Pokemon Trainer Sarah; 09-25-2012 at 01:22 AM.
Old 09-26-2012, 04:11 AM
precita Offline

The problem with Iris is they tried to make her more like Misty, but wound up failing. After two generations of the more girly May and Dawn and Contests, they went back to a slightly more tomboyish trainer...but Iris was handled the wrong way.

Its understandable that she's not a beginning trainer, but she's obviously not a very experienced one either. After everything Ash has gone through its ridiculous to see Iris acting like she's superior to him.

Back in Kanto it made sense as Misty/Brock had more experience than Ash...now after 5 generations you can't do that again.
Old 09-28-2012, 06:07 AM
Expecto Patronum!

Yeah, you're completey right. Not only is it silly to attempt to have a mentor situation when Ash has been through 5 regions already but it's silly to make it someone who is completely inexperienced in comparison. Maybe if they made it an established trainer it would make sense, since Ash has obviously reverted in his battle prowess, but otherwise no. It makes Iris completely unlikeable...

I've been away from the anime for a few years and haven't kept up with the fandom, but you seem to know a lot about the anime. Does Iris have many fans?
Old 09-30-2012, 01:05 AM
precita Offline

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pokemon Trainer Sarah View Post

I've been away from the anime for a few years and haven't kept up with the fandom, but you seem to know a lot about the anime. Does Iris have many fans?
Well it obviously depends from person to person as everyone has different tastes, but I don't really notice as big a fanbase for her as Dawn and especially May had.

If anything it seems like each new female protagonist is less popular than the previous one. It probably also has to do with the overall viewership of the anime has declined since the dub voice actor change, so not as many people watched Dawn and Iris as older characters like Misty and May.

You have to remember all of Hoenn was dubbed by 4kids and aired on KidsWb, so the ratings were generally higher when May was still on the show. After we made the switch to Battle Frontier the ratings declined and then remained relatively the same into DP and BW.
Old 10-03-2012, 11:57 AM
Expecto Patronum!

Yeah, I gotcha. I know numbers have declined, I just wondered if Iris was universally disliked or if she had plenty of fans!

I just watched the BW episode with Ducklett the other day. It was really funny, probably the best Unova episode I've seen so far. The wild Pokemon in Unova are crazy!
Old 10-31-2012, 11:23 AM
Expecto Patronum!

Still waiting for Rival Destinies to air here :( I don't understand why we have to wait so long! Looks like it won't be on until next year. No wonder people download things illegally. =/
Old 10-31-2012, 01:41 PM
Typhlosion Explosion Offline
~Blast Burn

Send a message via AIM to Typhlosion Explosion Send a message via Skype™ to Typhlosion Explosion

Quote:
Still waiting for Rival Destinies to air here :( I don't understand why we have to wait so long! Looks like it won't be on until next year. No wonder people download things illegally. =/
You don't have it yet?! We've had it since like, before summer. XD Stupid Nintendo hatin' on Aussie. >:c
Old 10-31-2012, 10:59 PM
Digital Offline
Cyber Soldier

Send a message via AIM to Digital

Quote:

Hmm, I don't know if this will be any help but I hear that Toasted TV are starting to air Pokemon Rival Destinies during the week from 7:05 AM.

Offical link = http://eleven.com.au/toasted-tv-cartoons.htm

Spoiler:
Old 10-31-2012, 11:15 PM
Expecto Patronum!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Digital View Post
Hmm, I don't know if this will be any help but I hear that Toasted TV are starting to air Pokemon Rival Destinies during the week from 7:05 AM.

Offical link = http://eleven.com.au/toasted-tv-cartoons.htm
Hmm that's interesting... I wonder when that starts though. Because I've been recording the episodes but so far this week it's all been DP Galactic Battles. xD Strange! But thanks for the link!
Old 11-12-2012, 03:57 AM
Cobalt Shadow Offline

Send a message via MSN to Cobalt Shadow Send a message via Skype™ to Cobalt Shadow

I am watching the Johto Journeys now. I just realised something. Every few episodes ash finds a 'wild' pokemon and attempts to catch it, only to be told off by their trainer who has let it run off. You would think in a society where they are able to hold living things in baseball sized balls, which can then shrink to the size of golf balls, and people who can resurrect pokemon fossils, they would have the common sense to put a collar on their pokemon? The only collar I have seen is on the Eevee that was tied to the tree in season 1. What do you people think of this?

Dragotech, Eternal Moonlight and I are the PE2k Wolf Pack! Fear Fredward the Sparklepire, Bidoof the Soulless and Slenderfairy!
Banner Made by Me
Old 11-12-2012, 04:03 AM
Expecto Patronum!

Haha, wow. I haven't seen the Johto eps in so long. I got them on DVD recently so I am looking forward to watching them.

I feel like it's kinda weird for Pokemon to have collars since they're considered to be intelligent creatures who enjoy working with trainers, not animals under the trainer's control. But if your Pokemon keeps running off then there are obviously some issues that need to be taken care of xD
Old 11-12-2012, 04:05 AM
Cobalt Shadow Offline

Send a message via MSN to Cobalt Shadow Send a message via Skype™ to Cobalt Shadow

Ha ha I recently got seasons 1-5. So far at the start if season 3 after about 2 weeks. Gonna try and watch the rest after exams and during te holidays.

Dragotech, Eternal Moonlight and I are the PE2k Wolf Pack! Fear Fredward the Sparklepire, Bidoof the Soulless and Slenderfairy!
Banner Made by Me
Old 11-12-2012, 07:04 AM
Expecto Patronum!

Nice! I'm buying the collector's region books as they come out. Just got Hoenn and Sinnoh is out next month. I still haven't had time to watch Johto though xD