Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Other Boards » Entertainment

Entertainment For non-Pokemon related discussion, talk about other TV shows, movies, music, books, sports and more!

Old 10-28-2012, 11:25 PM
Teddiursa of the Sky Offline

Send a message via Skype™ to Teddiursa of the Sky
Default Re: The Music Scene

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArceusTheCreator View Post
2009 is not old shool.Datsik is also a trash artist and gives dubstep a bad name,he's just like skrillex

Observe better electronic music. http://youtu.be/yurgZHU3aos
Datsik had the old school style prior to his popularization due to his exposure on UKF in 2010. Datsik is also one of the better dubstep artists. Skrillex? Though I am not fond of the majority of his works, I am quite fond of the few dubstep tracks that he has released. People hate on the guy because it is "cool" to do so.

I am well versed in the history of electronic music, primarily house, electro, dubstep, and drum n bass. I listen to Bar9, Rusko, Caspa, etc. Don't lecture me on what old school, or tell me what is good.

Hardstyle? Really? You want real electronic music? The stuff that started it all, the style that began it? This. <That is what made your Hardstyle.

Last edited by Teddiursa of the Sky; 10-28-2012 at 11:38 PM.
Old 10-29-2012, 01:47 AM
ArceusTheCreator Offline

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teddiursa of the Sky View Post
Datsik had the old school style prior to his popularization due to his exposure on UKF in 2010. Datsik is also one of the better dubstep artists. Skrillex? Though I am not fond of the majority of his works, I am quite fond of the few dubstep tracks that he has released. People hate on the guy because it is "cool" to do so.

I am well versed in the history of electronic music, primarily house, electro, dubstep, and drum n bass. I listen to Bar9, Rusko, Caspa, etc. Don't lecture me on what old school, or tell me what is good.

Hardstyle? Really? You want real electronic music? The stuff that started it all, the style that began it? This. <That is what made your Hardstyle.
It's J-core thanks for trying though
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VaiHTvifGt0

Nice try though,that is hardstyle^

But he has some great stuff that is reminiscent of old school too.See below.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wdZxVuuZuwY

Skrillex bothers me because he calls himself a dj on more than one occassion when he doesnt use as turntable.To be a dj requires a turntable.

VPP:

Level100:@384

Hey I'm no angel, or the devil of your conscience to tell you who to be... good, bad, ugly or otherwise.

Last edited by ArceusTheCreator; 10-29-2012 at 01:53 AM.
Old 10-29-2012, 05:06 PM

Quote:
Skrillex bothers me because he calls himself a dj on more than one occassion when he doesnt use as turntable.To be a dj requires a turntable.
J-core is not an official genre. Neither is nightcore, speedcore, or anything of the like. They are edits of existing genres (mainly pitch bends or increases in tempo).

That is not what makes a DJ a DJ. You will find that the majority of your J-Core is produced purely on a computer, like most electronic music. Turntables are a thing of the past, names change in their context. If it makes you feel any better, he doesn't refer to himself as a disc jockey. He calls himself an "computer DJ", see the terminology here.

Last edited by Teddiursa of the Sky; 10-29-2012 at 05:13 PM.
Old 10-30-2012, 01:23 AM
ArceusTheCreator Offline

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teddiursa of the Sky View Post
J-core is not an official genre. Neither is nightcore, speedcore, or anything of the like. They are edits of existing genres (mainly pitch bends or increases in tempo).

That is not what makes a DJ a DJ. You will find that the majority of your J-Core is produced purely on a computer, like most electronic music. Turntables are a thing of the past, names change in their context. If it makes you feel any better, he doesn't refer to himself as a disc jockey. He calls himself an "computer DJ", see the terminology here.
DJ=DISC JOCKEY I'm sorry but I fail to see your point.

VPP:

Hey I'm no angel, or the devil of your conscience to tell you who to be... good, bad, ugly or otherwise.

Old 10-30-2012, 04:02 PM

Quote:
DJ=DISC JOCKEY I'm sorry but I fail to see your point.
Argue with the official terminology, not with me. Digital or Computer DJ is correct for any electronic music producer who uses a DAW with a built-in or hardware mixer track and MIDIs.
Old 10-30-2012, 04:14 PM
ArceusTheCreator Offline

Youre using wikipedia as a base for your argument,just stop.
By the way I happen to enjoy your music.

VPP:

Old 10-30-2012, 04:21 PM

Quote:
Youre using wikipedia as a base for your argument,just stop.
By the way I happen to enjoy your music.
Wikipedia is not only a reliable source, but has also been found to be more accurate and correct than the Britannica. Oh, what's this? A Computer DJ set available for sale? *GASP* What's this? Skrillex's set up?

Thank you.

Last edited by Teddiursa of the Sky; 10-30-2012 at 04:29 PM.
Old 10-30-2012, 04:30 PM
ArceusTheCreator Offline

thats the first picture of his set up i have seen with a turntable.I am wrong I apologize.

VPP:

Old 10-30-2012, 04:40 PM

Quote:
thats the first picture of his set up i have seen with a turntable.I am wrong I apologize.
That's fine. I just wish more people knew about modern electronic production, since most people think artists just slap it together using Garage Band loops and samples. That is far from the truth. Heck, everything I use is software running on a 3 year old laptop (I still have yet to transfer all 30GB of my sound library to the DAW on my PC). I am not able to afford any hardware.

But yes, even if Skrillex did not use that set-up, modern DAWs have built-in mixer tracks and MIDI controllers, so people who use Ableton Live, FL Studio, Reason, etc. can be considered "Digital/Computer DJs".
Old 10-30-2012, 08:32 PM
ArceusTheCreator Offline

lol i use FL studio.And Get what you mean,my friend thinks because he plays guitar that his music is harder to compose than an original electronic song and it irks me to no end because he has no clue how hard its.Not that im saying guitar composition is easy either.Ugh,so what else do you listen to besides datsik?

VPP:

Old 10-30-2012, 11:06 PM

Well, in all honesty, it is actually easier to learn the guitar. It takes about 1-2 months to learn to play guitar. With DAWs, however, you do not get formal lessons. You have to teach yourself or scrounge around and find someone who can teach you about synth shaping, drum programming, etc.

I listen to a whole plethora of artists. Hybrid (ambient), Mord Fustang, Pendulum, Knife Party, Delta Heavy, Xilent, Nero, Metrik, Noisestorm, Kill the Noise, Phonat, Flux Pavilion, Caspa, Doctor P, Banga, Skream, Bar9, Kode9, KOAN Sound, Going Quantum, Subfocus, Excision, Downlink, Bad Company UK, Celldweller, Chase & Status, Danny Byrd, Spor/Feed Me, DJ Hype, Drumsound & Bassline Smith, DJ Shortee, Hadouken!, Friction, Hybrid (drum n bass), Chemistry Bros, Netsky, Noisia, etc.
Old 10-30-2012, 11:31 PM
ArceusTheCreator Offline

Well damn you just named most of the electronic artists in my music library hahaha.

VPP:

Old 10-30-2012, 11:46 PM

Quote:
Well damn you just named most of the electronic artists in my music library hahaha.
Loadstar, Dirtyphonics, Borgore, SKisM, Zed, Zeds Dead, Dodge & Fuski, Killabits, Zomboy, Funtcase, Cutline, Culprate, Emalkay, Netsky, Dubba Jonny, Gemini, Camo & Krooked, Trolley Snatcha, Deadmau5, Skrillex, Paul Thomas, Alan Fitzpatrick, Porter Robinson, Kaskade, Skrillex, ShockeOne, Sigma, Xkore, Klaypex, Wolfgang Gartner, Rusko, Reso, The Prodigy, Rawkus & Sidius, KDrew, DJ NightKilla, etc.

Last edited by Teddiursa of the Sky; 10-30-2012 at 11:50 PM.
Old 10-31-2012, 12:31 AM
ArceusTheCreator Offline

What's your opinion of Steve Aoki?

VPP:

Old 10-31-2012, 04:22 PM

Pretty standard Moombahton/House to be honest. Wake Up Call reminds me vaguely of Knife Party ft. Mistajam - Sleaze.